PS2

PS2

PS1
Dreamcast
Xbox

Dreamcast

Games were great. The console itself was fucking garbage

PS2

Fuck you, the OG Xbox is the most underrated console in existence. It's fucking god tier.

every console before xbox and ps3

It's going to be tough for this thread to deliver a worse post than this.

meant xbox 360

Nah. Halo is the most overrated fps franchise ever

Every home console Nintendo made afterwards.

it promised much more than it delivered in practice

PS4. The dreamcast. The gamecube.

literally no one remembers the dreamcast

Overrated by who?

I say the Dreamcast is terribly overrated in specialized media.

Lmao.

"muh nostalgia"

The 90s are THE decade of overrated garbage

literally any console made before the 6th gen and after the 7th gen

>le PS2 was actually bad maymay

Not in the entire history of vidya has a console been held in such un-warranted an un-earned reverence as the 64.
Sold like shit, controller was shit, cartridges limited sound and graphic capability, it had no rpgs, it had the worse ports and is only purchased because of its incredible first party titles.
How is it not overrated?

>overrated means bad

kill yourself

>Asshurt Sonypony
kek

I never said anything about Halo you stupid cuckold.

It's why Xbox is so underrated, everything thinks it's just a Halo machine but it has so many underrated exclusives that are niche as fuck. Also it has the best version of every multi plat of that gen (that didn't get a PC release at least). It's the best console of the 6th gen by far.

Plus it can be modded to basically work just like a PC anyways, you can transfer games directly from your PC hard drive to the Xbox and also install mods and hacks and all that shit. It's fucking fantastic.

>Ninja Gaiden Black
>Kingdom Under Fire
>Phantom Dust
>Conker Remake
>Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate, 3 and Beach Volleyball (these are also modable and there are multiple nude mods for each title)
>Strangers Wrath (it's on PC now but took forever to get a decent port)

Overrated by who?

>that clunky SNES
Thank god Europe got the SuperFamicom-styled model.

iphone

The only thing you said that was true is that it had almost no RPGs. The console has games of extremely high quality and unlike the PS2 isn't a defective by design multiplat machine.

I agree with you that the N64 is a garbage console. Literally the worst ever released. Specificlly it's shit fucking ram.

But the PS2 is pretty overrated as well. Literally all it has going for it is "muh library". I say this as someone who grew up with a PS2 as well.

N64 is the most overrated shit console in history, and PS2 comes in second place.

PC

>controller was shit
Hahahaha! Aaaah, you underaged faggots don't know what you're talking about. The playstation controller didn't even have joysticks.

Thanks for the (You)s, but you still haven't argued why the N64 isn't overrated.

>controller was shit

Stopped reading there, you fucking tiny hands.

the gamecube is definitely getting up there

>Specificlly it's shit fucking ram.
The fuck are you talking about?

Overrated by who?

Topkek.

Why do Nintendrones always act so dumb? Who do you think you fucking retard.

N64 owners.

Because it has revolutionary games and a revolutionary controller. That should be enough on its own.

ya they fixed that eventually. better late than never. Controller with joystick was great.

they fixed that though by releasing he dualshock, unlike Nintend

The praise a console receives is directly proportional with how much fun one had with it.

N64 lacked a bigger library but its powerful exclussives and multiplayer experience didn't have a match, so you can guess why it gets praise and fondness.

>le
Really faggot?

>I can say this console is overrated trash but you can't say the same about another overrated console!

How childish...

>eventually
Keyword. The Playstation was a meme console. I played MGS and otherwise I was bored of it. N64 + PC had the best games, best controls. The only people that enjoyed Playstation was casual poorfags who couldn't afford a PC

Nah, you're just talking shit. I got one.

Overrated by who? ;)

Ps4

z targeting was all software and no hardware. the console is shit but the game are amazing.

This to both. NES games don't hold up half as well as people pretend they do and Dreamcast games don't hold up at all. The PS1 is also very overrated, almost every 3D game on it is unplayable these days whereas some n64 games are so well made Nintendo can slap a coat of paint on them, re-release them and have a better product than anything they make now.

God I hate this praise for "Z targetting". It's literally just auto aim.

>OoT literally popularized lock on auto aim

Trash. I fucking that mechanic and I hate every fucking game that uses it.

>Dreamcast games don't hold up at all.

name 10

>The only people that enjoyed Playstation was casual poorfags who couldn't afford a PC

Far as I saw, my friends with married parents had N64s while my friends with divorced parents had Playstations.

N64 never fixed it's shit controller design. sorry, but no one has 3 functionnal hands and not until xbox did anyone get the perfect design for controller.

grand turismo, ffvii, tomb raider etc all amazing games.

>overrated consoles thread

This place is so fucking bad Jesus Christ

whats the most underrated console?

It keeps the player and the enemy on screen at all times. This was a major issue in games before its existence.

PS2 wasn't overrated, it was amazing. It's top 3 for sure. (My personal top 3 would be SNES, PS2, and GBA).

As for overrated, both the Xbox 360 and PS4 are incredibly overrated. Tons of people thought they were the best consoles of their respective gens.

dreamcast.

why dont you make a better thread? i will give you a free bump to

>ffvii
Fair enough.
>tomb raider etc all amazing games.
MFW

>incredible first party titles
There's your answer.

Games make the console. Besides controllers and ui (which didn't TRULY exist until the 360/ps3 era) there's nothing really special to a console other than its games, and the 64 had some of the best for its time.

You need to get over yourself and stop taking your own opinions as fact. Accept that people have different opinions than you.

>n64
>3 functionnal hands

Lol.

well it's a matter of taste. Also resident evil, crash bandicoot, spyro.

It seems you have major brain malfunctions. I will explain it very simply for you, as if you are a child, just like Nintendo does for it's fanbase.

The N64 is overrated by Nintendo fans who own Nintendo consoles.

When a Sony/Microsoft/PC/etc fan buys a game/console from their company and it's bad, they admit it's bad.

When a Nintendo fan buys a game/console from Nintendo, even if it's a bad product, they still claim it's good. This is why Nintendo fans are unreliable when wanting advice on Nintendo products, and why Nintendo products are always overrated because fans often don't take the quality of the product into account when rating how good it was, instead ratings are based on weather the Nintendo logo is on the product packaging or not, (if it does, good, if it doesn't, bad, this has caused third party devs a lot of trouble the break out on Nintendo consoles).

ur mum no go succ your own limp penis Anthony Burch.

>switching stance for controller.

I'm not a fucking warrior. Even blizz realized that it was pointless to switch stance.

That's why I hate it. I want to be in control of my camera. I hate having it lurch around because an enemies fucked off somewhere else, or I bumped over to the next enemy and my camera spins around from the direction I was facing.

It's absolutely terrible for movement based combat mechanics, it serves to simplify and casualize combat, and it's only for casuals so they don't get disorientated in a 3D space.

The left handle was for 2D games, few games use it since there are few 2D games on the system.

>It's the best console of the 6th gen by far.
You have to be beyond delusional to seriously believe this.

>it's another xbot pretends mediocre shit like blinx or phantom dust is the second coming of christ episode

SNES
NES
PS1
PS2

Do I fit in yet?

Nah, I don't think so. Even when I watch those PS1 review videos, all they talk about are shitty meme games that sucked ass. I grew up with the Playstation because my friends had one, in fact, we had everything. But all those that defend keep saying it had "great games" but it didn't really.

so how does that excuse the poor design?

There is nothing smart about it except the placement of the a and b button.

>When a Sony/Microsoft/PC/etc fan buys a game/console from their company and it's bad, they admit it's bad.

Ya no.

It serves to make the combat in games actually playable. Have you ever played a 3D game with combat released before OoT?

It was a fail-safe in case 3D games turned out to be shit. The competition didn't even think to add an analog stick in the first place.

my wii u is a pile of shit as far as hardware stands.

The N64 isn't held in reverence though, only the games are.

>WWF No Mercy
>Mario 64
>Conker's
>Mario Kart
>Diddy Kong Racing
>Ogre Battle: PoLC
>Animal Crossing
>Super Smash Bros.
>Majora's Mask
>NFL BLITZ
>Demolition Derby
>F-Zero
>Kirby and the Crystal Shards
>Paper Mario
>Ocarina of Time
>Mischief Makers
>Bomberman HERO
>Bomberman 64
>Mario Party 3
>Goldeneye 007
>Banjo Twooie
>Perfect Dark
>Mario Tennis
>Blast Corps
>Battle Tanks
>NBA Jam
>Wayne Gretzky's Hockey
>TUROK
>Harvest Moon
>Killer Instinct
>Sin and Punishment
>Pokémon Puzzle League
>Pokémon Stadium 2
>Custom Robo
>Bust-A-Move
>Pokémon Snap
>Hybrid Heaven
>Star Fox 64
>Jet Force Gemini

N64 has a fucking fun library and the best couch-co-op multiplayer lineup ever. The controller is horrendous, but that can be fixed with pic related.

>all they talk about are shitty meme games that sucked ass.

Oh it's a shitposter, should've said that earlier

Don't like it, don't use it then.

Okay, list the best games for the Playstation. I'll give you MGS and FF. What else?

>The N64 isn't held in reverence though, only the N64 is.

That's what you sound like.

>so how does that excuse the poor design?
Being the first controller that went balls deep into joystick is one hell of an excuse, you faggot.

And like it or not, it became a staple of gaming in the 90s. It's iconic. So not too bad after all.

>I'll give you MGS and FF.

not exclusive so it doesnt count

how is the three legged controller smart. The ergonomy of the controller is garbage. Playstation is also garbage unless you have babies hand. Xbox was the first one to get it right as far as analog controllers go.

On top of my head:

CTR
FFT
Armored Core
Chrono Cross
MediEvil 1 and 2
Ape Escape

A bunch of others
inb4 b-b-but those suck!

I grew up with a PS2 and I've mentioned multiple times and in this thread that it's overrated as fuck and the only good thing about it is the sizable library.

The PS3 had major ram issues and the PS4 has no fucking games and isn't worth buying yet.

You'd never here a Nintenyearold admit the flaws of their favorite companies products.

>
It's absolutely terrible for movement based combat mechanics, it serves to simplify and casualize combat, and it's only for casuals so they don't get disorientated in a 3D space.

Tell that to Dark Souls

thank you. altough the controller on this pick is still not accepting xbox controller is just better.

>how is the three legged controller smart.
Because you only hold two handles at once and its designed with two entirely different kinds of games in mind. Are you a retard or what?
>Playstation is also garbage unless you have babies hand. Xbox was the first one to get it right as far as analog controllers go.
Oh you're a hamplanet, so yes.

What are you refuting with that post?

>I represent my entire fanbase
Yeah it's not like we have hourly threads shitting on Nintendo, especially as of late due to their recent game releases.

Try to find someone claiming the virtual boy was good.

N64 have great hidden games such like Goemon, Custom Robo, Sin and Punishment, Ogre Battle, Neon Genesis Evangelion or Harvest Moon 2 but besides theses, is just a decent console with a fuckton of Nintendo games.
Also most N64fags are like "hur duur ZELDA Oot best game ever and spooky Majora Mask is underrated!"
It worth a play yes, but isn't near the best console ever made

Anyway generally Nintendo consoles are overrated, just looks the piece of shit called 3DS, most games are thirds rehashes or Nintendo shovelware. Name at least 5 hidden gem on this system, you literally can't

SNES and DS are god tier though

but would I "there" a nintenyearold?

except the saturn 3d controller was there before?

ps2, ps3, ps4, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one, Wii, Wii U, PSP, Vita, and Dreamcast.

>the software doesn't count
how the fuck.

by that logic all consoles are overrated because they're all outdated pieces of hardware, of fucking course the software matters, exclusives are the only reason a console is worth owning.

>Have you ever played a 3D game with combat released before OoT?

Several.

I've never played Dark Souls. But Demon's Souls did it in a lot less intrusive way that Zelda did.

You forgot Jaguar, Sega 32x, Master System, Saturn, Ngage and Atari 7800