Should I donate my old PS3?

So I am running a charity called Old Games+. We basically take in old donated video games and systems and handhelds and redistribute them to kids who are in the hospital, from domestic abuse homes, etc.

Tomorrow is the first day we'll be opening up a booth. Pretty sure the donations will be slim. Atm I'm donating from my own stuff a ds, dsi, ps1, game boy sp, psp, and about 60 games.

I'm considering donating my ps3 cause I have a softmodded one that I can download all the games on. I know it would go to a good home in a shelter or at a hospital. But maybe I should get cash or store credit for it? What does game stop pay?

who's the good bird

Do it, I recently donated my Xbox and 360 to a local hospital because when I was there I noticed the kids didn't have much to do in the way of entertainment.

Last I checked they were using it way more than I have the last few years.

>giving kids who were beaten half to death video games to escape reality

10/10 solution, would therapize again

Pretty Parrot is cute, CUTE

Just donate them it's not like you'll get much and you'll really put a smile on their face.
I gave most of my old 360 games to my autistic cousin since she didn't have much money to buy games and I didn't play any of them anymore.

You won't get anything from trading it in. Might as well give it away desu senpai

OP here

Ok Sup Forums I will follow your advice. You were there when I was a lonely hikkikomori and now that I am low-tier successman I shall follow your advice big bro.

Also this infograph is for

Heads up. Video games are fun, and it's a nice gesture, but you're not accomplishing much in the way of actively improving their lives. I'm just pointing out how silly you sounded by explicitly mentioning abused children. The picture you posted looks like it was made to convince retarded parents that video games aren't the devil.

cute bird, dude

You're right user, you'd probably know better than he does.

Video games have actively improved my life... I would venture to say the majority of us here could say that as well. Being a little kid and enjoying video games with your friends is an important part of many people's lives.

As for the infograph, yeah, there are retarded parents that think video games are the devil still. Everything on the chart still has merit though.

With nails like that I sure hope you're a grill

>but you're not accomplishing much in the way of actively improving their lives
Dude, you don't know a fucking thing about what you're talking about. I'd probably have killed myself from my childhood by now if it weren't for video games. I bet there are others on Sup Forums who would say the same.

OP here

thaz not my bird.

This is my bird. Eating sweet potato.

more bird next to video games

What kind of bird is he?

That's a male eclectus, and a baby one at that.

Holy shit your baby is adorable. How old is he? Can't be any older than 6 weeks. Did you hand feed him yourself? He doesn't look old enough to be sold through a shop.

It's that your ekkie? He's cute

wow. that bird must be lonely.

Forever isolated from its kind. Forever surrounded by things alien to her. No one to talk to that she can understand.

He was born in February. His name is Bojack (as in Horseman).

Nah I didn't handfeed him but I probably should have. I got him from a shop and bought him about 3 months ago. He's super shy, so sometimes me and my gf regret not getting a younger one and handfeeding it.

What ? they are super friendly and mine loves me

>She
>Her
>Lonely
>Implying you know anything about birds.

That's.... actually insane. His beak still has hints of black, and his eyes definitely look like a baby's. Not to mention the tufts of feathers that are missing. Do you know if by chance he was alone or stressed before buying him?

Was he not hand fed at all? As in, he's literally bird raised? It's a lot harder to get him to become tame if that's the case. But so long as you give good trusts practices, he will eventually warm up.

I spend tons of time with him (like +5 hours a day) and the rest of the time he's watching the animaniacs and sleeping. Seems pretty happy.

super fast birb going at incredible high speed

NANI!!! He's fast!
Here's another pic I just snapped

Dropped pic

I sincerely hope your cat gets put outside every time you bring that precious baby out.

How is that cat walking on 2 legs is what I wanna know like seriously haha

An animal being super kind to a human is a sign of loneliness. Of course a social creature will imprint on you when it's been isolated from its own kind. It's so desperate to talk to someone that it resorts to a human, cat, or dog. No matter how affection you are with it, it will never satisfy the bird like another bird can.

You're not going o be able to dance, peck, groom, and chirp like a bird. You're not with your bird all day.

It's as dumb as thinking a dog excited to see you when you get home from work is cute. That excitement comes from boredom and loneliness.

Projecting much? You sure like talking out of your ass.

You're fucking retarded. A hand fed bird has no interaction with it's parents, all interaction is with humans. Thus, it becomes accustomed to humans and learns to like humans before anything else.

A bird can literally bond with it's owner (birds are monogamous, this means it literally becomes married to you). There have been many many many cases where a bird will start plucking its feathers and mutilating itself when it's human dies because it's so fucking devastated that it's human is gone that it would rather not live.

Please educate yourself, retard.

I don't think you understand how animals work

that bird is happier playing video games than you are

dude, that's not a ps3, that's a bird

>this projecting
Are you okay user?

I have a bird too!

Oh definitely, he's a very curious cat and my ekkie could probably bite a whole paw off, wouldn't end well for either of them
He's half khajiit

>tfw squirrel knocks on back door and shakes food bowl
Entitled little cunt.

Is this the thread where we post our birbs?

A challenger approaches.

>have two dogs that play with each other while I'm gone
>they get super hyped when I get back from home and fight for my affection

Bird is cute. CUTE!

>That fucking GORGEOUS candycorn beak.
>All those fun toys in his cage.

You are a good owner, user. I'm happy.

I had a wiro when I was younger. He was the loveliest bird I've ever seen and used to just waddle around our house, chasing after people

I accidentally let him fly away and he probably died of starvation ;_;

A bird will still appreciate singing to another bird. Pet birds don't even have the freedom to fly in interesting places anymore. If you're going to have a bird indoors you should have a room-sized "cage" for it so it doesn't feel too trapped. Give it lots of WORK to do to keep it mentally stimulated.

He looks comfy 10/10

>A bird will still appreciate singing to another bird.
Stop being retarded, please. If I were to introduce my bird to another bird, she would most likely attack it and see it as a competitor.

>Pet birds don't even have the freedom to fly in interesting places anymore.
This is entirely an owner by owner basis. Many owners don't clip their birds wings and allow them full flight inside the house.

>If you're going to have a bird indoors you should have a room-sized "cage" for it so it doesn't feel too trapped.

Now I know you're retarded, because room sized cages is basic knowledge for bird owners. Most cockatoos and macaws will literally have their own room. Smaller birds like Cockatiels and eclectus will more often than not have very big cages from responsible owners.

Please stop talking.

My galah () flew away last year after a gust of wind carried him off

someone found the poor thing in a park on the other side of the city and returned him too us. I raised him since he was a baby and he had absolutely no idea how to survive outside, so we really lucked out there

Did it died already wth

Under rated

>If I were to introduce my bird to another bird, she would most likely attack it and see it as a competitor.

That's why you try to bond them to make them used to each other's company. Keep them separated by a cage, but in a neutral area so there's minimum territorial behavior. They can look at each other, but can't groom/attack each other. Once they're used to each other's company they are free to fly in the same space without being violent about it.

>Implying you know anything about birds.

well with how often OP plays with his...

I loled pretty hard there user. ty. ;')

RIP, little Kiki has to go beddy bye but he ain't tired. He still wants to play. A parrot is basically a 3 year old child.

>When it's bed time, and you can still hear the faint rattling and jingling of their toys.

He seemed a little skittish but not more than usual. He was raised with a few other birds and most of them seemed pretty cordial. Would let us pet them. Mostly they were kinda just awkward babies.

He was bird raised but then hand fed like a few weeks after. They clipped his wings a bit but he still flies around the house. Kinda smacks into things. I worry about it because he's so young but he's begun landing a lot better so thats good.

Yeah. The first week he was like a pet rock. Would hardly move. Doesn't really make much noise even now. Me and my gf both wonder if he was ever traumatized by anything because he's quite the scaredy cat. We try to baby him and make sure nothing freaks him out too much. For the most part after he's fed some warm sweet potatos or some other veggies he becomes a super cuddly birdperson.

But right now he's really young and dumb. Dude can't even figure out how to hold treats with his foot.

>Mostly they were kinda just awkward babies.
Very standard for baby birds, not very concerning.

>He was bird raised but then hand fed like a few weeks after.
This is a little concerning, he probably was traumatized by being hand fed after being fed normally.

>Yeah. The first week he was like a pet rock. Would hardly move.
Very very very standard when birds first come home. So long as he had access to food and water, I promise you he was/is okay.

Me and my gf both wonder if he was ever traumatized by anything because he's quite the scaredy cat. We try to baby him and make sure nothing freaks him out too much. For the most part after he's fed some warm sweet potatos or some other veggies he becomes a super cuddly birdperson.
I'm just curious, because he seems to have a couple of feathers missing. The only possible guess I could give you, is that his hand feeder was either too rough when feeding, or tore him away from his mother too late into the cycle.

For the most part, so long as he can step up, and move around his cage, he will eventually become smarter and understand more.

Birds are shit

Owner was an idiot for not being able to read his body language

>bird owner that can't anticipate an attack

how can you have such an elaborate set up without being able to read bird body language?

That's a parrot, not a PS3.

We already did that, still funny

Well we've had him for about 3 months, so I dunno. I feel like any feather loss from accidental plucking or pulling would have grown back by now.

Do you have an eclectus? I use to own a pet umbrella cockatoo and she was super cuddly. The eclectus I own now isn't. I'm not sure if its his personality or is the breed in general not as touchy feely? Like I hear because eclectus have a different kind of feather pattern they dont like being scratched or petted like other birds.

atm my eclectus only reacts to being pet positively when he's been fed warm squishy foods. and even then its just fluffing his head up, not like he pushes at my hand like my other pet birds used to do.

Asking for it

kek

This thread really makes me miss my bird :(. He was so awesome. I always wanted to get another but my cat is too much of an asshole to have one in my house.

>Do you have an eclectus?
My ex used to.

>The eclectus I own now isn't. I'm not sure if its his personality or is the breed in general not as touchy feely?
Give it time. He's still a baby, and he still barely knows you or your girlfriend. Just continue to have fun times with it, continue to feed it well, and just encourage him and talk to him a lot. My ex's eclectus loved her very dearly, and he would snuggle with her very often.

> and even then its just fluffing his head up, not like he pushes at my hand like my other pet birds used to do.
It's possible that it's entirely his personality, just keep slowly petting his head, and he will eventually come to like it. Most bonding with birds is very slow and a very particular process. The bottom line is, positive encouragement via pets/treats/etc is 100$ the best way to get them to like you.

My cockatiel ignored me for the first week I brought her home. She wanted nothing to do with me for over half a year. And now she sits on my head all day every day, begs for pets, and will even press her head to my lips for kisses.

>Elaborate set up.
That cage is barely big enough for a cockatiel. That Ring neck deserves better.

Do these parrots talk?

Just donate it, Gamestop will give you like 10 bucks for a last gen console and you'll feel better about it anyway

That being said, can someone tell me if parakeets are worth it? I've never had a bird but I really want one

Vocal abilities vary from bird to bird, the typical rule is, the bigger the bird, the more it can learn.

The absolute smartest birds are cockatoos and african greys. Their level of intelligence literally matches that of a 5 or 6 year old child. They can be completely self aware, and can tell what they themselves are, a long with what color they are. The main birds being posted, the green ones, known as male eclectus, can mimic and vocalize very well.

>That being said, can someone tell me if parakeets are worth it? I've never had a bird but I really want one
Parakeets are very beginner friendly. ALL birds when HAND FED will be as equally loving, if not more loving than a dog.

The biggest thing to consider when buying a bird is the following:

Time. Your bird will want a lot of attention and it doesnt have to be dramatic, just literally hanging out with you on your head or shoulder. If you work long days or weird hours, you will do your bird harm by not hanging out with it.

Money. Birds are very expensive. From start up costs to toy costs, to vet visit costs.

If you're okay with these, I would advise additional research as birds vary very much. Parakeets, in general, are small and quiet birds, but they have good personalities. The biggest problem with them is they're prone to something called egg binding. Which means they cant shit their egg out, and they die.

i do not trust birds

personally i feel like if they were just a couple of feet larger they would have no qualms against killing any one of us any time we leave the safety of our homes

Is this the designated bird thread?

What a faggot. Nothing wrong with hunting, but you obviously missed, so just let it go. No need to make it have a painful death like that.

do you have any idea the type of internal damage an arrow will do to an animal, especially when it's bouncing around inside that animal as it runs around?

that thing was slated for death the moment the arrow broke through its coat of feathers

Bruh

he didn't miss

If he let it go it would have just died a long painful death from the arrow

its funny because he probably does

usually a wouldn't laugh at killing animals but holy hell that retarded throwing of the bow and actually hitting it.

Yes