Pikmin Series

Don't see these games mentioned much on here.

What do you guys think about the Pikmin series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8DWibi7ktIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2>1>3

2 was the most fun but was the easiest. Though limited purple runs give it a bit of a challenge. The cave dungeon system was a bit unpopular but I happen to like it.

Great games. You'd see more talk of it if Nintendo released another one for switch.

3 > 1 > 2

>2 last
Why? That was my favorite by a longshot.

This is correct. They're all good but Pikmin 2 is much longer than it should be.

Hopefully this game on 3DS isn't the Pikmin 4 they talked about towards the beginning of the year.

Pikmin 3 didn't really do anything that hadn't been done before, and by the time the game feels like it's really starting it's over

it was very mediocre

2 is the best game I have ever played.

>the franchise that has not one, not two but three (3) bombs in a row
it's dead jim, this game couldn't sell a console if it came with a free fleshlight

Wait they announced a 3DS Pikmin?

Spinoff platformer (lol)

>t. Metroid fag

Oh god... Dont even bother looking it up. You ront want to see it.

1 > 3 > 2

Pikmin 2 was more like Diablo (a dungeon crawler) than what Pikmin is supposed to be about. If going through random generic floors/dungeons is your thing then go for it, but Pikmin 2 is a shitty game compared to the other two, especially if you hate dungeon crawlers.

I have no idea how anyone can enjoy playing a game where most of the world is created by a computer program that has no idea what good level design is.

3 had the best mechanics of any game but it had like three fruits where you actually took full advantage of the mechanics.

The dlc challenge mode had some of the best use of pikmin to date, with each pikmin very clearly having strengths and weaknesses. This included the purple and white pikmin!

But those challenges were locked behind paywalls and shit. Unfortunate.

I Really enjoyed both pikmin 1 and 2, never did play 3 since i never owned a Wii U. I felt so sad when you leave a pikmin behind and it tries to fun to the ship but you are already gone and it dies in some horrible way.

Fuck me don't tell they're going to Federation Force Pikmin.

It's literally chibi robo zipline with pikmin

youtu.be/8DWibi7ktIc

Because Pikmin 2 had much more to offer than just nice overworlds. The caves fleshed out the worlds and gave way to MUCH more enemies and bosses.

If Pikmin 4 had caves that:
>had a time limit (maybe even carry over the same time from the day)
>all completely designed and not just randomly generated from the same three hallway/rooms
>were super stylized after the boss and enemies hat inhabit it

Pikmin 4 would be my favorite game of all time. Imagine if the caves really were extensions of the main overworld? That would be cool as fuck. And if they're stylized to the boss and overworld they're located in, mixed wih being completely designed, they could really give some breathtaking scenery from something as little as a sewer, like pic related.

This can't be fucking real...why is Nintendo killing all of their franchises except Mario.

FPBP

Looking to get Pikmin 1, should I go for the Gamecube or Wii edition?

Wii edition by far. Motion controls btfo the original games.

Where can you even buy the Gamecube version?

>doing a spin-off
>killing the series
Just don't play it

Why would they pick Pikmin, a niche series, for a spin off. This is going to bomb harder than Federation Force.

>why won't Nintendo stop making the same game all the time?!
>what the fuck why is Nintendo making it different I want it to be the same!
Why can't Nintendrones make up their minds?

Amazon but it's wicked expensive. If you got it back in 2001 like me then you actually made an investment.

Jesus Christ. I just now heard of this, got excited and am now incredibly disappointed.

The problem is they make either full on, nothing new clones or make gimmicky unattractive garbage spinoffs. I don't see the problem in calling that out, nor do I see how people calling it out would be Nintendrones.

Exactly there is no middle ground with them now a days. If there isn't a new Pikmin on the Switch then the franchise is dead.

>le Sup Forums is one person meme xDD
Consider suicide

this

Seconding this

Amazon has various used for ~30$

Because you fail to understand that each game has basic concepts that MUST be carried over when people ask for them to make something that isn't a rehash.
Saying
>Gee Nintendo, I wish you'd make something new with Zelda
Doesn't mean I want Links Crossbow Training, a shooter.
It means I want something new that's still visibly and undeniably Zelda.

Agreed.

I would personally argue 1>2>3, but I respect your opinion. I enjoy the large amount of content in 2, but I think the tight and restricting scenario of 1 makes for a game that is somewhat better (if more brief.)

3 is an okay game, but it unfortunately ended up with the worst from both worlds; the time limit wasn't restricting enough to match 1's urgency, but just by being there at all it nullified 2's freedom.

This one specific floor of the Shower Room where you're under a sewer grate is one of my favorite floors, because it sort of does what you're suggesting.

I also like how Snagret Hole has you enter a birdhouse, then drop into a yard.

Sucks, but it's just a spin off, and it's not like Metroid or F-Zero where getting it instead of a new game is crushing.

I gotta agree with this, while I like the strategic part of Pikmin 1 I loved how expansive Pikmin 2 was, I wish there was a perfect way to mix the first & second game together and it seems like Pikmin 3 tried to but it came out more like Pikmin 1 in my opinion.

You're worrying over nothing I feel, while I do think it's not going to sell well I don't think it'll effect the rest of the series much at all. It isn't like Federation Force where the series went on a hiatus & had what most consider a shitty main-series game prior (Other M) since we just had Pikmin 3 and while I feel it's the weakest Pikmin game it's still a good game. Also it's not like the gameplay is changing forever (like with Paper Mario) since this is a spin-off and it's also not like the series always did poor with sales like with Chibi-Robo (which also struggled to stick to it's original gameplay) so I doubt this series will die.

If we don't get a game on the NX realize the Wii didn't get Pikmin 3 due to how slow development was & how they lacked a team.

All the pikmin games are great, but I have an affinity for the first one. Best story out of them. 2 and 3 are both worthy follow-ups. I hope miyamoto wasn't fucking around when he said the 4th one was nearing completion.

You're probably right user, I think Other M and Federation Force triggered me a bit too much.

yfw Pikmin 4 announcement on January 12

While Pikmin 1 is my favorite, the whole series is wonderful. Everyone should give the trilogy a try and see which you like the most.

I gotchu pham. Sewer shots are my specialty.

I played so much of pikmin 2 I have 90% of the game memorized. Are there any challenges I could do to make it more difficult?

Great. Want more. Want a 4-player co-op story mode.

Yfw it's likely

Here, have another. On the house.

3 > 2 > 1

I understand putting 2 ahead of 3, but 3 is objectively better than 1 unless you are pulling nostalgia strings brother.

Would be all buy a Switch just for Pikmin 4?

can't wait for the 3ds one.

we*