What was Sup Forums like in 2004?

What was Sup Forums like in 2004?

Other urls found in this thread:

adl.org/press-center/press-releases/extremism/adl-adds-pepe-the-frog-online-hate-symbols-database.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there was no Sup Forums but there was Sup Forums and evangelion

lol idk ive only been here 2 months xddd

way less terrible

What was Sup Forums like in 2007?

The brink of cancer.

it was mostly shit, but about ps2/GameCube games

The narrative was largely the same, except it was devoid of the post-ironic humor that is now the norm. People used to be more up front

It was shit. But it was the good kind of shit. It was full of angry nerds. Far FAR away than what you guys have now.

Thank god you can find that kind of community on lest known chans

This.

You could actually make out what people were saying, and instead of LE AUTISM people were genuinely passionate about what they were saying.

I miss it. I hate post-ironic humor.

same as now. shit.

2012 - early 2015 = Neo-Sup Forums
Mid 2015 - present = Nu-Sup Forums

I fucking miss when we didn't act like retards as some kind of meta-commentary, and as a result invited said retards here to join in with those fucks that thought it was hilarious

Maybe it's time to leave this place for good and just play vidya

I don't mind post-ironic humor, in fact, I like it. But there is an over-saturation of it at the moment. I do miss the more easy-going shitslinging fests, when you didn't have to read into everything all the time. But those days are gone.

I'm sticking with this shit until it does, probably. I can go on without it, but I have to keep coming back if it's still alive. It is truly amazing that it has been alive over a decade.

Less casuals/normalfags and no SJWs.

There are no SJWs on Sup Forums.

Not anymore, I suppose.

Fuck video games, this is /trump/ now.

There aren't, there are only retards pretending to be as some sort of stupid in-joke that people actually think are real

Shut nu-male cuck giganigger.

soon there will be no more SJWs anywhere

Or niggers, cucks, spics, mudslimes, kikes, women, nu-males...

>women
they have to be preserved user

nonexistent

That's some seriously uncreative "trolling" user. I remember a time when that shit actually took some effort

Cloning.

REDDIT

The problem with Sup Forums nowadays is that you can't say anything nice about a game without being called a shill. It really just needs to be filtered already.

>Cloning
i am aware of the possibilities (egg less zygotes artificial wombs) it's not really for the reproductive ability that i want they to be preserved

>reddit

Are you pretending to be retarded or do you genuinely believe this?

This was always a problem.

>VIRAL MARKETING

I miss when cuck wasn't a meme

I miss people being actual people instead of everyone here acting like fucking caricatures, opposing opinions being called "bait", people responding to obvious trollbait just to call it bait or going "taking the bait" and then making a complete idiot of yourself anyway, and people being humorous without it being so painfully forced.

we didn't have to worry about a racist dictator ruining our country

Great, because of Japan Time. That's all I came here for at the outset. Now I've been stuck here for almost 10 years.

>liking women

cuck

There was actually. I saw a picture of 2004 Sup Forums talking about the DS.

>being gay or asexual

Double cuck.

Everything feels like it's just one person shitposting now.

>betraying your own gender

Cuck Prime

The people that actually enjoy shitposting all day and pretending to be retarded have to be teenaged newfags. Nobody over the age of 18 is that retarded, right?

Probably teenagers and late millennials (born 94-96).

On another note, remember that one game you liked? That's what Sup Forums used to be like. 2007 was the start of the downfall, but there was still fun and joy to be found. Especially 2007.

2005 - 2010 Sup Forums was great.
2010 - 201X Sup Forums is the decline.
I miss old times.

>Old Sup Forums
>Plenty of stupid OC to enjoy
>nu Sup Forums
>Not allowed to have any silly fun whatsoever anymore because someone will start crying reddit.

Fun fact: this quote is actually from some dude on YCombinator.

More like
>old Sup Forums made stupid OC and had fun with it
>new Sup Forums makes "OC" off OC

People talked about videogames. The memes were funnier back then. But you had to deal with a lot of bullshit like spam or someone posting CP in your thread to get it deleted.

What the fuck are you talking about? Give examples.

shit posts about halo and the backlash to steam launching.

>I have to download the game from the internet?

>What the fuck is this launcher shit?

>I remember when games were played offline.

I didn't find this place until 2006.

gaming wasnt NEARLY as popular, hence the population of the board was low and topics varied more.

nowandays you have people bringing in offsite drama, shit rumors, shills, and newbs who have only just heard of this Sup Forums thing.

He thinks those faggoty Pacha reddit templates are "le epic OC"

Face it Sup Forumsu-males, you've been beaten by Sup Forums in everything. We took Pepe back AND we elected Trump, the whole time while you faggots were screaming and crying that it would never happen. Go back to tumblr.

>took pepe back

He's more normie than ever now.

Fun Fact: The portrait in that picture is not Rene Descartes.

Fags

No he's a neo nazi racist meme now and normies won't touch him with a ten foot pole

Trump is president now, cry harder

>Only boogeyman we had was ebaumsworld and Gaia online
>Dubs were enabled and literally derailed every single offtopic or console war threads
>Actual videogame discussion
>No SJW or GG shitting up the site
>Eceleb shit was removed on sight
>Trollface instead of pepe and wojack.

GG and The Fappening completely destroyed what was left of this website.

>pepe isn't normie
>trump won because of normies and memes

???

We won cuck. You, the normies, lost. Cuck.

adl.org/press-center/press-releases/extremism/adl-adds-pepe-the-frog-online-hate-symbols-database.html

It was already going downhill before GG happened, but it somehow did get a lot worse afterwards. I don't even remember when "the Fappening" even happened, but I keep hearing about it and how it stressed moot out a lot. I really, really miss when this site wasn't concerned with boogeymen stealing memes or raiding us. People could have a lot more fun during those times than we can now.

>old people and hicks aren't normies

Hillary got the normie vote that's why she got more votes than Trump you retarded cuck

>liking to fuck woman means that you bretayed your gender
mega cuck faggot

And Pepe is now an epic meme for reddit and all normies to enjoy

Read you retarded cuck

Sup Forums was great in general before 2008. So much shit happened that year.

>being a feminist sjw

Cucktron from planet Cuck's wife's moon

Normies love edge

You mean the edge of Tyrone's dick in your wife's meathole? Cuck

>wants to fuck woman means that uo are a sjw feminist
giga cuck from cuckmoon

the console wars had reached their peaks, it was never more cancerous
if you were on pc mw1 and tf2 were like the only games that mattered
there was a cabal of tripfags like nigba and lanced jack that could derail entire threads without saying anything
brown and bloom was probably the lowest point aesthetically for video games, and everybody cried about it every day. i don't see how you guys cry about chromabs and hdr, because the very worst of that is still better than brown and bloom

Not an argument

Just like you didn't argue when Tyrone said he was going to fuck your wife. Cuck

this assblasted, fuck off Sup Forums lmao

OC was being made.
No crossover Sup Forums cancer.
People would rage at vidya rather than supposed SJW agendas.
Less ironic shitposting.
You could start a thread about a new release without being called a shill.

>some exceptionally stupid Trump voters actually believe this shit

>We'll never go back to a Sup Forums where people were shitting around but it was all for fun
>We'll never go back to multiple OC threads
>We'll never go back to a Sup Forums without SJW and Sup Forums shit

This actually depresses me more than it should. This place use to be fun.

Much fewer sjw babies and their hatred of all things white.

I miss when memes were fun.

>Sup Forums used to be the pinnacle of Sup Forums for memes and oc
>Now it's fucking Sup Forums of all the places

At what exact point in time did it all go wrong?

literally you know what

All I remember is habbo raids and constant talk that george bush was going to draft everyone on Sup Forums into the afganistan/iraq war.
Also censorship was a big no-no back then, we just accept it now.

>Only boogeyman we had was ebaumsworld and Gaia online
GameFaqs was probably the biggest boogeysite on Sup Forums.

07 was like:
Bro Culture
Everyone was a bro and we all hated each other
But in the end we watched streams of kung pow and Sup Forums videos together and had a good laugh. We loved to hate each other.
Now: We genuinely hate each other, but can't separate because we cannot connect with normal people.

Fun fact: It's the greatest genius Europe has ever produced.

It had more rage comics and demotivational posters.

Sup Forumstard, you are the "normies".
Pic related.

Sup Forums never gave a shit about ebaumsworld, that was newgrounds drama, at the time Sup Forums was too underground to steal from, none of the memes appealed to anyone else on the internet.
Not as bad as IGN.

>All those namefags and tripfags

>at the time Sup Forums was too underground to steal from, none of the memes appealed to anyone else on the internet
Not really sure how to put this, but those "memes" originated from other sites. Anons found them and brought them into Sup Forums for us to play with. Some of our oldest imagery was taken straight from both 2ch and 2chan at different occasions.

That's how it was.

I honestly can't remember how Sup Forums was. Probably because I used to lurk mostly on Sup Forums.

>Now: We genuinely hate each other, but can't separate because we cannot connect with normal people.
that hit too close home, my man. i don't think i'll ever quit Sup Forums for good as long as it exists. and i really tried to connect with normals too, didn't work.

>DS, like every other Nintendo handheld, has no region coding.

Those were the times.

The same as it is now, with much less CP, Sup Forums, gaming politics and normies from Reddit.

>tfw /l/