FF main characters power levels

Hello Sup Forums, can we discuss the power levels of final Fantasy protagonists?

Also to kick up the shit storm right. Wol could body the shit out of lightning.
Bartz could defeat Firion.
Cloud would beat the angst out of Cecil so fucking hard he'd go full white mage than paladin.
Squall: ????, not so sure he could stand up to honestly.
Terra
Hell, this could be a general discussion of FF as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2SHDFt8pSc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Terra would literally charboil zidane after a few of his quips

Well each universe seems to have different rules.
Eden from FF8 seems to be one of the most powerful summons in the series and Squall would have that, despite himself just being a pretty standard guy.
Cloud has super anime swordman powers, while Terra has a fuckton of raw magical power.
Zidane is probably a match for Cloud in trance mode since he's supposed to be an angel of death.
Tidus is probably the worst off here.
Cecil is pretty average, probably above Squall but not much above anyone else if at all.
I suppose Vaan or Ashe would be the rep from XII, it doesn't matter who from there really since they're all pretty average bar quickening, but they have that thing Squall has going for him, their summons are some of the strongest in the series.
Don't know about FFF 1 and 2 guys.

Do ff1 guys wven have names, i thought they were just collectively called some shit?

No clue lol.
I think the main dude was just called Warrior of Light like the OP said.

Warrior of Light is like Super Saiyan God Goku while all the rest are Yamcha.

>Wol could body the shit out of lightning.

I'm fine with shitting all over Lightning (I'd rather have Tingle in my FF than her) but I have to point out that the director who made her his waifu made her canonically one of the strongest FF protagonists ever, she even rewrote the universe.

What does Wol do?

Zidane was created to destroy planets.

Beat the shit out of a timelooping god that was rewriting the universe.

I believe the characters of the first three FF games are the greatest, since they strike multiple hits in one Attack command

so was kirby

but you don't see anyone else taling about wads of pink shit, do you?

Kirby has the highest power level of any video game character in existence. FACT.

Probably because this is a FF thread?

His canonical name is Baron, that's where the kingdom of Baron in FF4 got its name.

Good.

Sounds a lot like FF1.

Tidus is unreasonably strong, some of his powers extend far beyond an Aeon's. He's got to be one of the strongest in the series.

Besaid is the best song from the series, Uematsu fangays on suicide watch.
youtube.com/watch?v=c2SHDFt8pSc

I like this theme, but I hate Wakka, his theme, and his fucking hair. I fucking hate Wakka. FFX would be a much better looking game without that fucker around.

I thought his name was Cid because he was a clone of Cid of the Lufein. Where is it said his name is Baron?

Uematsu wrote Wakka's Theme (The Blitzers) which is just a rearrangement of Tidus' Theme. The good songs from X were not done by Uematsu.

Zidane isn't supposed to literally destroy planets. He was just supposed to kill everyone on one.

Onion Knight/Luneth stopped an interdimensional eldritch horror that eats universes. He's up there.

Protags of XI and XIV also defeated the same eldritch horror in their dimensions.

Gilgamesh followed by Momo.

Sorry I just made it up, but Baron is one of the random generated names on the GBA version.

Seifer defeats the instant killer Odin.

But then Squall shits all over Seifer.

Squall is probably the strongest FF character.

In xiv's case, 24 individuals were needed to do so.

Gogo is probably stronger than Momo.

Fuck even Zidane is probably stronger than Momo.

my character in ffxiv :^)

Canoncially the Warrior of Light fought every primal alone. Light party is mostly for gameplay reasons.

No they didn't. Before most duties and trials, they tell you to gather a group of people you trust. Garuda and Ravana were the only solo fights.

Ifrit, Titan and Thordan as well

With Ifrit, they first place you in that underground chamber. If you'd played at launch, you'd know you can meet with other players there. You gather your party from fellow captives.

With Titan, you have time to prepare before going in and you're expected to gather allies.

I forgot about Thordan though, you're right about him.

ayo hol up

youre tellin me the wol killed thordan and all of his knights on their own?

dat cant be right

Dunno about XI but in XIV it's more like 'met and survived, then ran away' when it comes to Cloud of Darkness.

WoL has echo, which is bullshit power level shit anyway. I can't think of any other FF protag that literally cannot be killed

If Dissidia is canon. WoL. If not. Lightning.

>echo, which is bullshit power level shit anyway
It's not. The bullshit special snowflake power is the Blessing of Light. Echo is something that naturally occurs in a lot of people around the time of a Calamity and really has negligible powers unless you learn to use it to hop bodies like Ascians. All Echo really does is make you immune to tempering, and give you a random assortment of powers from reading memories, speaking every language, or reading minds.

WoL and the WoD's can revive themselves with the echo, though.

WoD's and WoL can revive using echo, though.

"During the fight the Warriors of Darkness revive themselves using the Echo"

Probably why this is how he reacts. You look like a terrifying god killer to him before he dies.

Echo's weird, Krile's brand of it just lets her read intentions, while Minfilia's got the same kind you do but still gets kinda killed? She falls into the lifestream and gets bodyjacked by Crystal Mom, who's to say that's not what would happen to the PC if they were to actually fail at something

Even without Blessing of Light the Warrior of Light has gotten a significant amount of shit done. Ravana and Bismarck were killed without it.

That's just the WoDs doing Ascian shit since those aren't their bodies.

>Zidane is probably a match for Cloud in trance mode since he's supposed to be an angel of death
That and Trance in general were the two things that upset me about FFIX's story.
Trance is explained as some kind of raw power caused by a surge of emotions, but never gets used in a way that pushes that reasoning further.
I liked how they explained Kuja managing to enter a trance by absorbing the souls from the Invincible and using their emotions to trigger it, but basing it on something as common as a "surge of emotions" made it seem like at least someone outside of the playable party should be able to pull it off with all the bullshit that goes on in the game.
Zidane's status as the intended bringer of death to Gaia in order to fuel the Invincible's soul intake was kind of a missed opportunity too. He never does anything particularly impressive to display as much.
I get that Kuja performed Zidane's intended role just fine without causing the deaths directly, but it still seemed odd to have Garland talk up Zidane as some global scale mass murderer when he doesn't display any abilities beyond being pretty good with a double weapon and stealing shit.
I might be misremembering some things though.

The WoL never revives himself with Echo. When you return after losing a fight, you aren't dead, you're knocked out. And your body instinctively activates the Return magic which transports you somewhere safe to recover. They tell you that in like the first five minutes of starting the game.

As for the Warriors of Darkness, they learned to use it to jump bodies like Ascians. You can't kill them without slamming a big meaty aether blade into the crystal, so they just use the Echo to keep returning to that body.

>Minfilia's got the same kind you do
Minfilia can view memories, but she can't speak all languages like the WoL can.

Ah, I thought the language thing was a side effect of the memories thing, since you're always seeing everything from that person's view.

i remember when tellah's meteor was the ultimate power

Nah, there's a scene in 1.0 where she needs you to translate for some Sylphs. I'm pretty sure there's also a segment in ARR where she can't understand an Ascian because he's speaking in their language. That is the basic way the power works, though. You're speaking directly to their soul instead of through words. The viewing of memories is essentially a more invasive version where your soul probes into theirs to see for yourself.

There's really nothing that says others can't use Trance. And it's widely known enough to get an explanation. You just never happen to see others doing it.

Zidane's impressive ability that makes him superior to Kuja is supposed to be Trance. He was given a soul and Kuja wasn't. As you saw, Trance is powerful enough to potentially destroy a world.

Speaking of echo powers, is the echo why we see AoE markers and shit? Like it's how we "predict" what the enemy is going to do because we feel their mind thinking.

Echo typically only shows the past, hence why it's called Echo. It is possible we have Krile's mind reading, though. So maybe.

Zidane swagger is pretty powerful.

that was Just an excuse to post Freya, right? [spoiler/]

FF1: Hard to Judge. Garland has time shenanigans but nothing really stood out in being powerful plotwise.
FF2: Most part weaklings. Emperor gets some bonus points for taking over hell(of which is never detailed) but other than that, no one did anything impressive, and half of them die to normal people things.
FF3: Cloud of Darkness is some weird void thing thats never adequately explained. Other than that, nothing really stood out.
FF4: Weirdly Above average. Mage's constantly show some pretty decent feats but fighters constantly get ass kicked despite supposedly being stronger, but tank shit that would easily kill normal people. Zeromus is a complete mystery on how powerful he is.
FF5: Exdeath gets OP with void shenanigans, but other than that, no one really showed much before suiciding to beat Exdeath or a goon of his.
FF6: Terra is a walking magic nuke, Celes is a mage's worst nightmare. Sabin is a Dragon Ball character. Kefka becomes a god in name, but still can wreck shit on a global scale.
FF7: They're below average without Materia honestly. Sequels basically made them Dragon Ball characters.
FF8: Grounded normal people. Outside Seifer 1 shotting Odin, Edea blocking a bullet with a barrier, and Time Kompression, no one does anything notable (Fuck off Rinoa fags, she does nothing with her powers).
FF9: Above average. Zidane is supposed to be powerful, but never actually shows it. Kuja on the other hand blows up a dead world, so thats something. The Summons do show some good power though, probably the most in the series outside Sin. Necron is ???
FF10:Honestly above average. Blitzballers ignore human limitations and Auron literally grand slams things hundred times his size. Summons get to show power convincingly, but not to any ultimate degree aside maybe Sin.
FF11: never played
FF12: Grounded normal people. Occuria are the only ones that show anything and its not even that impressive.
FF13: never played
FF14: never played

canonically tidus and auron were the strongest since they couldnt be killed

>Zidane is supposed to be powerful, but never actually shows it.
did you not see all of his trance attacks?

They're the destruction shit he was made for.

I can't pull him BE.... got archive though. Saving up for this new banner for Tillith and new global girl.

>Zidane's impressive ability that makes him superior to Kuja is supposed to be Trance.
I never really saw it that way, although I guess the impact of that is diluted a bit after spending the whole game watching a black mage puppet, a rank and file knight, a simple dragoon, a common thief, and a Qu of no importance trancing alongside summoners and murder weapon aliens all game.
I know when Kuja triggers it he uses Terra as a stage for his re-enactment of Hiroshima's last days, but it required him to use the stockpile of souls accrued by the Invincible to reach that point whereas Zidane is just as powerful as pretty much anyone with regular combat experience from Gaia.
Maybe Zidane did have the capacity to reach that level of trance on his own, but Garnet and Eiko's Eidolons seemed to have the real world threatening power as Brahne demonstrated multiple times.
Honestly I think I remember Kuja claiming Brahne's soul specifically was what was contributing most to his super Trance, which makes it really weird that she never triggered it herself.

It's her
Lightning is the most powerful FF because of Lightning Returns
In LR she becomes a literal Goddess, and she's more powerful than the God ruler of the universe, a God that was so powerful he could create and destroy universes
And Lightning beat him ALONE, all other FF characters except WoL needed a party
And Bhunivelze is clearly on a completely different level than Chaos/Garland, so Lightning wins
That's what happens when you have 3 games of power creep