This is a fightstick thread. Post yours

Is there a good quality not so expensive one for Ps4 ? Or should I buy a cheap one ? What about people who make their own ? Pic not mine

i have a Razer Atrox
its garbage

Still using my TE 1 with swapped buttons. Same with an SE with green Sanwa parts. My intention with the SE is to cover the panel in artists stickers and give it that dive bar bathroom wall feel.

I bought this piece of shit for £40 and put a better stick and buttons in. Had it for 2 years now

It does the trick but it's very small and only works on 360/PC. Really need to buy a new one soon

I dont have one but someone should put a graphic of bailey jay on theirs. Obviously the stick would be her penis.

>Sainsbury Taste the Difference
Faggot

Ryu's proportions look fucked

hes got some big traps

Would it be any easier to do certain inputs on these things? Or is that just a matter of preference and comfort.

It's entirely preference between pad and fightstick, players using both at the top level have proved this.

If you used to play SF4, plinking was 10x easier on stick, however players like Smug invented they own way of plinking on pad too so that got throw out the window.

It's really up to you just dont play on keyboard

Bought the Madcatz Guilty Gear TE2, and I modded it into a Blazblue one.

'cause I love blazblue

Ive never bought any but I want a Ps4 translucid one, just for more comfort, anyone has a link ? Is it hard to assemble one ? Where do I get the parts ? Amazon if possible anons, pleaaaaase

Keyboard can allow the fastest 720s and 360s easily. Each format has its advantage. With the death of plinking in SFV all control types are on the same level now imho

I only have the basic Venom. Haven't modded it or anything yet, but I plan on doing so soon. I just need to find the art I want to use.
Any suggestions would be great. I main Valkenhayn and sub Hibiki in BlazBlue and main Leo in Guilty Gear.

ive never seen a player of any worth use a hitbox or keyboard in tournament

I have pic related. Bought it off someone from the local FGC scene for aroud $175, which is a good deal considering the fact this was a limited edition stick. I would highly recommend spending at least $150 on a stick. I've played with $40-50 fight sticks and you definitely get what you pay for, AKA they're not the best. My roommate has the Hori Mini stick and while it works, its size makes it slide around your lap and trying to do consistent inputs is trickier than on a larger fight stick.

Still have the Cerebus PCB. I had to make some room for it since it doesn't play nice with this case. (SFxT Pro I think it's called?)

Don't know if I should just buy a Brooke USB converter for PS4 or go for the full Universal Fightboard.

>tfw have a commission lined up by my favorite artist for fightstick art despite him not usually doing commissions
It won't be until March, but still

I use this baby

>its size makes it slide around your lap and trying to do consistent inputs is trickier than on a larger fight stick.
The mini is actually an amazing stick for the price, but you definitely need to use it on a surface.

I need to make it useful on ps4.

most PS4 fighting games support PS3 sticks.

>What about people who make their own?
If you're slightly circuitry literate (ie, understand that circuits are a closed...circuit) you could whip together a basic controller for a ballpark of 65-70 USD depending on what sort of hardware and layout you want. Obviously you could opt for more-expensive hardware but the fact that it's modular lets you refit it into a new enclosure pretty easily. Hell, you don't even need to know how to solder or have tools to solder, there are solder-free options available if you don't trust yourself with that kind of hardware.

Pic related is my controller. I threw it together 90 minutes before I drove to combo breaker 2016.

Does anyone have experience with Brook converters, specifically the PS3>PS4 one? I don't want to have to buy a new stick or fuck around with the one I already have.

yeah but i want to bring it to locals and I dont own a dualshock 4 to parry it with stick.

well the dualshock 4 is a nice controller and works well on PC.
and it's cheaper than buying a new stick...

i got the same senpai and im about to replace the stick with ls-32 because the original feels too loose for my liking

dont know if i should replace buttons too while im at it

well yes thats a good idea, i'll keep it in mind.

I don't know much about fightsticks but I got these for $10 each, still need more games to use them with

>$10 each
what the fuck, yard sale or something?
Those are worth $100+ easy

10$? holyshit im jelly.

10$ each?
man that's even too cheap to be stolen.
probably broken mate.

I play on KB, every input is faster.

It's not an argument of what the pros are doing, the FGC pros have shown themselves time and time again as unable to adapt to new technology.

Keyboard/Hitbox is outright better than stick, but pros already know the stick since they've been using it since the 80s.

Think of it this way
DP:
>stick forward
>stick down
>stick forward + P
or
>"dsdl"
which can you do/type faster? I'd argue that an office worker can do a DP faster than daigo.

I've been using this for like 3 years now, maybe more, just to play jjba heritage for the future. Im not really into fighting games but its really fun to play with an arcade stick compared to a console controller.

Upper row of buttons are not working properly though, should i try to fix them and buy some proper buttons and stick? Or just get another cheap one?

I think the loose stick is pretty good. I like it much more than other "high-end" stick I've tried

Friend works at Gamestop, some guy wanted to trade them in but they're not supposed to take them so he wrote them off as generic controllers and bought them himself.

Nope, we played Skullgirls with them, they work fine.

Te2 is solid I like it, but I wonder if the drone quanba has is decent. I want to have a lighter stick as backup anyone know if it's decent?

I just have a venom, but with sanwa buttons and stick.
Gonna get some custom art on it soon™

the thing is that keyboards only work fine because fighting games are less dependant on accurate inputs nowadays.

There have always been shortcuts, keyboard just exemplifies them since everything you do is a shortcut.

yes, however I find that relying on input shortcuts is a bad habit that doesn't do you any favours. Especially when these shortcuts are different in some games or sometimes don't exist at all.

I got into fighting games recently, and a friend gave me this one, is it good ? I can't do shit with it but I think it's because I played with the DS4 for months
(Not my pic)

Bought one of these as my first stick.
Haven't used it much but FUCK it is perfect.
Its got just the right weight, looks gorgeous, functions fine though I've considered replacing the gate since its not octagonal and I've heard those are better.

Can I buy this from amazon UK if I am from USA ? Is the delivery too expensive ? Out of stock on amazon

for that price you can probably get a better stick.

Could you link me a good stick ? And where can I change it's buttons and stuff ? New to this but I want a personal stick for my ps4/ps3

If you're looking at prices that low for something you want to customize you may want to just build one.

Oh Im really not that skilled, still a standart fighstick from 50 to 125 us dollars it's okay I guess, not looking for an amazing one neither

I'm trying to build my own after using a Q1 for about a year. I've got most of the parts already, but I'm concerned about this cable. It goes to a USB end that needs a Male-to-Male connector to go to the console and came pre-installed in the case I bought. Will this directly plug into a PCB or will I need an adapter?

the loose feeling stick isnt my thing when playing shmups because i feel like precise movement with it is harder because the stick moves more easily than the stiff one i play with on arcade

Fairly cheap but it gets the job done and feels good

Buy a madcatz if you want weight or a Hori if you don't care if it's light.
That is about the only differences that matter right now.

Off topic but is sfv worth buying rn? It seems like fun but i've heard mixed things. I'm in Canada so shit is pricey as well.

Who's a reliable retailer for parts that ships to the UK? Please not amazon

nigga just Google it, dumb plankposter

Still using an unmodded Soul Calibur V stick. If the PCB breaks I'll probably get an Akishop PS360+, if the buttons or stick break I'll get replacement Sanwa parts. Only drawback I can think of is I prefer the Japanese button layout, so it'd be hard to find a newer stick to replace it but since the base itself is sturdy I probably won't need to. Also, square gate masterrace.

>octagonal

Those are a meme. Square gates are just fine for fightan.

I have a RAP V3 SA. When I have the money, I'm going to get this printed with a plexi-glass mod.

I have a red bubble ball-top and some smoky see-through buttons to go along with it, which look great.

this guy minus the art

it's been naked for 3 years

>Not having the graceful brush stroke motions of an octagonal
>Smashing your stick into corners like peasant savage instead

Disgusting.

>fightstick
lol

How rare is this?

Well I guess autists like fighting games too

>muh superior cheatbox

That Marie

Better than a gamepad but no stick makes it far less comfy.

More convenient though.

I don't play fighting games, but this just came in the mail about an hour ago. It's my first one so I'm super happy. The one's in this thread with custom art on them are so cool. I want to figure out how to do that, but I'll probably just put stickers on it.

So far I've been playing through Streets of Rage 2, I'm about to beat it. I plan on playing some Dreamcast games and some SNES/Genesis/64 later. I also am gonna play Shovel Knight with it and probably other indie games too.

Does that mean the 4 buttons on the left are the movement options?

>Shovel Knight
That was fun with a stick. Lethal League is great with it too.

I got the KOF 14 stick for $99 from fry's recently

My nigga, same stick as me

Yes.

Sweet. I'll make sure to give that one a shot too with it. I've been pondering what other games would be fun with the stick. I figure any kind of platformer and beat 'em up would be good.

Seems like you have a good opinion.

Nothing special - all work, no flash.

>no flash
thats pretty flash senpai

that thing is a real piece of shit and how you dealt with it i dont know.
ignorance is bliss i guess but yes buy another stick entirely.

Is it weird that I only really got into fighting games after I got a stick? I just enjoy using it so much more then a pad.

That stick is basically the equivalent of shovelware, get a stick in the 40+ range and you'll notice a difference.

Plus access to more customisation/replacement with mid range sticks.

Built a fightstick with a wooden frame some months ago. Sanwa buttons were much larger than I thought

Nothing crazy, but i don't play fighting games enough for something more expensive

>hitbox
My nigga. People getting mad at you for using hitbox is bonus points as well.

I don't play fighting games, but I'd love a nice setup for mame

Any recommendations? I don't suppose there are any with track balls?

Love my TE2.

Depends on the character/game

SF tends to be a bit easier on stick, but if you want to play Gen or Juri, you got no choice. On the other hand, grapplers are actually easier on pad.

Tekken doesn't favor either, but good luck playing King on pad without breaking tournament rules.

But then you have games like MK and Blazblue, which feel like they were built with pad in mind, and stick doesn't really help much.

On the other hand, Virtua Fighter is almost unplayable without a stick.

In the end, sticks are more comfortable, and don't fuck up your thumbs like pads do. You'll find you can play longer. It's harder to use at first, but when you get used to it, you'll never want to go back.

the classic. This was the stick of 2009 when people played sf4. The art is fucking horrendous. Look at gief

Why not use a keyboard?

Not very console friendly

>no arcade buttons
>no convenient layout
>no console compatibility

>technology advances
>the united states put a man on the moon
>russia is stuck in the past
>they cry cheaters
every time

I have a Hori RAP4. I should probably have gotten a cheaper one first to see if I even like playing with an arcade stick. Luckily it's great.

Anyone have experience with HORI brand fightsticks? I have owned a controller by them that I really liked and I'm just wondering if they're worth it.

they are good

dirty as fuck in this image but these are mine

>mfw I still struggle to DP consistently in games with a stick

Bane of my life.

Bought a second hand TE and plan to install a Brook UFB in it. I'd been using a Q4RAF previously but got sick of having to swap in my Seimitsu stick every time I wanted to play a shmup, now I'll have a dedicated one for each genre.

i just got a TES+ by accident and i want to make it look like a astro city arcade but that fucking ugly sqaure in the middle mess my idea any tips?