How do I into Megaman? Should I start from the first one on NES...

How do I into Megaman? Should I start from the first one on NES? any collection/remake that I should be aware of (otherwise I'm gonna emulate)? The only one that I played was an X one on PS1

If you can find megaman anniversary collection play that. Then if you want play x collection.

2 and 3 are solid entries and worth checking out. If you like them, chances are you'll enjoy the rest.

Play Mega Man 1-6, then X1-X3.

After that, stop playing.

Start with 2. It's good enough to get you into it but not the best, and it's the easiest. Then move onto 3. It's better in every way, and much harder. Then disregard the rest. Move on to Megaman X. After finishing X disregard the Megaman series entirely, unless you like the sound of an open world rpg Megaman, in which case play the Legends series.

Just play them all OP. I seem to be the unpopular opinion, but I thought Megaman 3 was shit and my favorite being 6. 9 a close second. Never played X though I've heard X1-X3 are the best.

just pick one of these and go forward

Play the Anniversary collection on PS2.

Play 1 - 6, then skip to 9-10, then play 7 & 8.

Then play X1 and X3 (SNES ver.)

>First

Fuck no, it's terrible. Do 2 and if that one is too sprite flickery or archaic for you then do 3 and go from there.

Play everything besides BN4 and X7.

>Skipping X2

Why?

Battle Network series >>>>> everything else megaman related

they get easier as they go. most people find the best balance of difficulty is between 2 and 3

Sorry I meant X1 - X3 I don't know why I put "and"

Megaman 2-4, X-X3
Order you play in doesn't matter, unless its X, X series must be played chronologically.

One game at a time. Also Shadowman is the best robot master of all time, don't for get it user.

>no battle network

Play 1-10. I wouldn't start with 1 because it's fucking hard and you'll want to be used to the games when you play it. I'd start with 2 or 3, and the play all 10 classics (9 is my personal favourite). After that play the X games, and then if you want the spinoffs from there.

>best robot master
>best reploid
>best netnavi

I'm jelly and I'm not even that much of a Megaman fan.

canon, or the best canon?

Yes

protoman
zero
pic related

>GRENADE MAN/ Air man
>Dynamo
>fuck the stupid elf shit

How to into megaman
>classic series (if you like a challenge)
>x series (high paced action)
>zero series (if you preferred zero over X and more of the same)
>zx series (if you want a twist on the above)
>battlenetwork series (if you like RTS)
>star force series (same as above)
>Legends series (if you want an adventure megaman and tears for no third game)
>command mission (if you want less RTS and more strategy with CEL SHADING)

if you decide to go into collectales then good luck at not killing yourself

i know a guy who is a hardcore megaman collector. to this day i have never seen more than 25% of his collection and im already scared at what ive already seen