Should I get twisted metal 1 or 2 (or maybe both)...

Should I get twisted metal 1 or 2 (or maybe both)? They are $2 right now on the playstation store and I was wondering which one is better, I only played the 2012 twisted metal around the time it came out but got bored of it within a month or two.

It's $2 you cheap fuck. Look in your couch cushions and find the change to buy both.

1 is shit
2 is the 2nd best twisted metal games (the 1st one is black)

Play the PC version of 2 and emulate Black and the PS2 port of Head On.

I know but I'm looking for some cheap comfy games for mainly ps vita

naw man,
4>black>2>3>1

I always thought PS1/PSP games looked like shit on Vita

>3 and 4 over 1
>over Black
>Hell, over ANYTHING

Really?

Then you can't go wrong with some TM2, TM1 is a bit rough and definitely optional, but if they're both cheap then you should get both.

Nah they look good, there's bi-linear filtering

>tripfags

2 is best one in the entire series, and that is the real truth OP.
They have a continuous silly ass storyline though, the first game has live action cutscenes and the second game is 90s comic book level garbage.
Its hilariously terrible

yes, TM2 is god-tier.
1 is ehhh but if it's only 2 bucks give it a shot.

I guess I could give it a try then, it's only 2 bucks

Considering how terrible the support of the PS TV is I have to ask, are the game playable on PS TV?

Yeah I'll just get both along with several other ps1 games to play on vita, besides 1 and 2, what are the best games in the series? I know most people say black but there are quite a few who say otherwise

If you have to pick one pick 2, its surpassed TM1 in every way.

They should be, I think so, I don't own the PS TV.

Why dont you better buy SotN or crono trigger instead they re 9$ normally

I think I'm the only person that liked Small Brawl

One of the biggest Twisted Metal fans and historians here.

Both 1 and 2 are pretty good. 1 was rough, but the concept worked out fairly well. 2 pretty much perfected the game. There really isn't a reason to play both of them.

Yeah, 4 and 3 kinda sucked, but they're still enjoyable in their own way. 3 was plagued by awful physics while 4 had a broken special move system and tons of useless weapons. The new characters themselves sucked but the special weapons were pretty unique.

Black was a masterpiece in every way, and Twisted Metal (2012) tried to build upon that and ultimately failed. Giving cars a class based system instead of a unique character tied to each one really killed the charm, and for the most part they butchered the characters (especially Dollface).

Twisted Metal Small Brawl was essentially just a spin-off game that just exists. Nothing really special about it and wasn't too good.

Head-On is essentially a love letter to Twisted Metal 2, I'd just called it Twisted Metal 2.0, and of course with that it's also an amazing and solid game.

So there's your rundown on the entire TM series. Overall consensus seems to be - TMB > TMHO > TM2 > TM2012 > TM1 > TM4 > TMSB TM Tiger Handheld > TM3

TLDR The essentials are Twisted Metal 2, Twisted Metal Black, and Twisted Metal Head-On. Unfortunately there were more subpar games than good ones in the series, but they're all really fun and the few great games are incredible. I know that Twisted Metal Black is also available on the PSN store.

I only played the PS ones and if i had to rate them i would go with

2>4>1>3

the third one really turned me off from twisted metal and i almost did not give 4 a try.

I prefever Vigilante 8 though for vehicular combat games desu

I already got SotN and I'm buying Chrono Trigger already

3 & 4 are terrible, 989 studios nearly ruined that series

Careful with CT, the loading times on the PS1 port are a bitch.

>should i spend $2?
jesus how fucking poor are some of you