Why the fuck is AvP2 so shit all over by every digital platform that exists...

Why the fuck is AvP2 so shit all over by every digital platform that exists, but the terrible one is the one available fucking everywhere?
It doesn't make any sense that AVP1 is so easy to get even though it's complete garbage, when its sequel was fucking gold.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OwEQuv_IQyo
youtube.com/watch?v=B9bYL_EBK_o
youtube.com/watch?v=veE4jS7RDLA
youtube.com/watch?v=y2_bo_7Zw4Y
youtu.be/Rrkc_11hLjE?t=9
steamcommunity.com/groups/avp2community
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Samefagging because I'm curious what you guys think about a 2001 shooter that got mixed reviews.

fuck dude, nobody gives a shit about this game?

AVP 2 multiplayer on evac mode was gold.

Right?

I wonder if the problem is less that people are willing to get the rights to sell it, but maybe they can't?

Like maybe Fox are being fucking jews about it.

Probably some Fox/Monolith/???? licensing issue that's preventing a re-release or something. This is one of the few games that actually needs a re-release - it's a horrible experience to get to work on modern software and to work with modern displays.

i literally can't seem to get it to work on windows 10 at all.

If I use a virtual machine it works fine though.

Are there still people playing or willing to play this?

There's a wishlist thing on GOG where people are sucking its dick really hard. 10k+ votes or some shit like that.

>the terrible one
pleb

I am definitely willing to play it, but I cannot.

>no one will ever Reboot the AvP 2 multiplayer

Played the shit out of this game in it's prime.

Had such high hopes for the AvP that came out in 2010.

Oh well.

oh please tell me how the first one wasn't a complete fucking mess and a crock of shit compared to the second i'll wait

Neat. I think I'd like killing pleb aliens with the wristblades again.
>decapitating a praetorian with a crouch-jump stab

i did the worst thing i possibly could have done
i let myself get hype for the 2010 one.

I tried to play it a few months back but my mouselook was completely fucked for some reason

>lunging at a predator as a predalien and erupting him from across the map

It's probably the only game to spook the fuck out of me. Not being able to save (unless you have Gold) and respawning aliens made it horrifying. It also had some neat technology.
>flares emit smoke that is affected by large ventilators
>human AI shits itself when you decloak as a pred and kill their buddy in front of them
>I liked how nightvision would make you blind if explosions occurred so you actually had to use flares in certain engagements

I'll grant that it had a few points that made it unique, but the second one still generally played better. Not taking the graphical upgrades into consideration, at least I didn't feel like I was ice skating the entire game.

AvP2 multiplayer was so good.

2 campaign is just so standard comparatively. It's very well directed, but it doesn't feel as special.

>marines staggerfiring with the pulse rifle to rape everything
Never figured out how to do it, to be honest.

Maybe I was too autist as a kid but I only played as Marines for the single player campaign.

great game for multiplayer. we stillplay occasionally on our old computers. the game had a great atmosphere and the movement was good too. favorite was playing multiplayer with the complete alien lifecycle on.

i've been looking everywhere for the Menu music because it's pretty rad; anyone have it?

It's the best and spookiest campaign after all. That first battle when the ayylmaos start swarming you, as well as the escape from the hive with the facehugged squadmate were bloody great.
>Oh no way, somebody tell me that's just a boot, that better be a boot!
>Hey, it's a boot!

i used "hey, it's a boot!" as a micspam in tf2 for a long fucking time.

Are there boots in TF2?

They'd better be boots.

it's really kickass to see people still like this game desu

It's the best AvP game.

it's the only one worth merit to be honest

it might look like shit but it's fun as fuck

I remember unlocking a cheat that turned spear gun into a shotgun. A shotgun that shot a bunch of spears each shot. That was fun.

What was that AvP RTS? I thought that was the best AvP game.

the only thing that really killed the online play was the cucks that thought it would be a good idea to hack, like fucking fun ruining pieces of shit.
yes i am salty.

>AvP RTS
extinction was just fucking bizarre, dude
can't tell if bait or legitimate opinion but i mean
completely different style of game on a different platform
it was meh

AvP Gold was the first online shooter I really got into...right alongside Battlefield 1942.

So much nostalgia.

I have good memories of it but honestly when I play it its so.... average and weird

Its a nice fun concept though and I did love expanding my hive and getting all my different alien breeds

>you'll never have a proper full scale BF1942 match again.

>tfw I lost my disk years ago

That's it

Hacking AvP2 was fun as fuck, ammo hack, vectors and free fly lol good times.

Sucks to be you user I did lose my Primal Hunt disk though

Avp1 has a graphics overhaul this guy did called redux mod that makes it look really good.
youtube.com/watch?v=OwEQuv_IQyo

I miss avp2 multiplayer. Best game ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=B9bYL_EBK_o

The alien had the best movement controls Ive ever encountered in a video game ever without contest.
youtube.com/watch?v=veE4jS7RDLA

The newer aliens vs predator game that was the first game with direct x 12 or whatever looked really good but it was a fucking horrible pile of fucking garbage. It is nothing like avp2. Its clunky as fuck. Concrete jungle was pretty decent but its fun unlike the pile of KILL MOVE faggotry that the new avp one is.
youtube.com/watch?v=y2_bo_7Zw4Y

>ricocheting the disk so that it zigzags wall to wall every half a second and goes down the entire corridor slicing everything in its path in half
>people used disc with tracking on when its real use was ricocheting at 3x speed

>this one spear heavy predator main
>alien main and we encounter each other
>mutual respect is achieved and we always walk past each other
>us fighting is not efficient and it is understood that we would rather hunt others than circlestrafe each other for 5 minutes

>leaping off a building upside down past a walkway
>headbiting the marine as he fires at you with his pulse rifle as you fly past
>land on another building's wall and scurry up and over back into the darkness

You could scare the fuck out of people in that game. Ive legit never played another game where I could come out of nowhere and youd see someone's character spin around violently from them jumping in terror and shaking their mouse in real life.

the fucking random aliens that respawn endlessly
fucking hell why dont other games do this
its so fucking standard and horrifying
the new gay like wander around the spaceship one has only the one alien
avp2 was randomized aliens breaking through vents and shit

This is what true autism looks like. Take notes anons

Avp2 > Extinction > Alien vs. Predator (arcade) > Alien vs. Predator (snes) > Concrete Jungle > Avp 1

All others a shit

>AvP1
>complete garbage
fuck off, it's a great game. Maybe not as good as AvP2 but still pretty good.

comparatively it's absolute trash
it's good in its own right, but it's so overshadowed by avp2 it's almost not worth playing
not for anything more than a history lesson

If you say so. I really liked that game. I have fond memories of it. Sorry about the low video quality, but those videos are from 2006 when youtube first started and fraps didnt even exist yet and I made those videos from recording using a camera on a tripod between my feet centered on the computer monitor. I think I was like 14 when I made them. Fucking ten years ago. Hell Sup Forums barely existed back then. I think most people hung out on somethingawful and used irc and like yahoo and msn chat.

why because he's expressing a reasonable opinion and you lack the ability or vocabulary to do the same?

Aren't they different developers?

Wait...what...that was six years ago? Fuck.

Now that I think about it, I think my $600 camera was recording 640x480 video and I had 6 minutes of recording time before the 64mb card was full and I had a top of the line $130 memory card to even do that.

>that was six years ago? Fuck.
yup

I loe the fast pace of AvP 99, better than the much slower sequel

>Rebellion has been wanting to do a new AvP game for years now
>Sega continues to say "no" despite decent sales on the previous one

What the fuck is wrong with Sega?

youtu.be/Rrkc_11hLjE?t=9
sure is slow user

compare marine campaigns for both games

>compare marine campaigns for both games
you mean the feeling of skating on grease compared to a reasonably paced terror fest?

AvP2 was horribly unbalanced.

You cant headbite while flying past someone in pounce, headbite has a start up time and its not physically possible without hacking.

If it takes you 5 min to kill a melee pred as alien you are shit at the game.

Warner Bros owns Monolith and Fox/Sega own the rights to the Alien/Predator games

Blame copyrights senpai

the feeling of being cummed inside

>tfw no AvP trilogy adaptation

It would have been god-tier if we were actually presented with choices on how to progress.

That didn't stop both Alien and Predator from being in MKX.

I think the best alien movement and i'm not talking about player controlled but AI controlled, was in AVP 2010. Just play that one coop survival mode and try to observe the aliens as they move and try to flank you. They don't just run at you in a straight line like the others which was impressive imo.

Here lads, the group has links to game download and the fan patch to re-enable multiplayer

steamcommunity.com/groups/avp2community

I loved that fucking multiplayer, I remember the mode when one guy started as an alien and when he killed marines they became alien aswell. So at the end it was you and maybe for or 5 guys standing in a small room shooting at everything that moved, intense as fuck.

Anyone hoping we get a new standalone Predator game after they release the new film in 2018?

gameranger had an extremelly small player base.

Waste of time stagger exploiting faggots killed this game.

As long as your feet touch a surface I think you can headbite immediately and jump off again. I want to say you can line up and precharge the teeth as long as you have it lined up and the teeth can punch out as soon as your feet hit the ground but im not completely sure. Its been such a long time. I think you can use the tail without stopping momentum.

Im pretty sure you had to duel heavies unless you knocked off their mask and could headbite them. I think they have too much hp for anyone but a predalien to pounce, and if you did they immediately slammed down their spear on you and 1 shot you. So you had to duel and get like 2-3 hits in and then you could instagib with a pounce. I always went drone so im not sure about the other alien classes.

avp2 mp is still a thing, sure it's past its days but you can still find servers full of people.

with a broken savior mod, yeah. otherwise the official servers have been down for years my dude

They just crawl around you and attack you one at a time. It looks cool but if you back yourself into a corner and just hold down block, bar the one or two heavy attacks they throw at you, they just sit there attacking one at a time.

Still the best.

No thats not how headbite works at all, it literally has a startup and fire time, Runner has the fastest headbite, then Preatorian, then Drone, you cannot headbite someone going past the with pounce because by the time it activates you are out of its range.

It takes seconds to kill a heavy pred with claws alone, Runners pounce did more damage than Predaliens, staff cant 1 shot the alien unless its a headshot.

Fuck the original pred looks so fucking good. Every movie pred since has looked like cheap, rubbery, plastic shit
Predator 2 - looks like shit
AVP - holy fuck my eyes
AVP2 - why do they keep doing this

my favorite was the facehugger servers where the aliens spawned and had to kill someone and then molt and after like 5 kills you could become a queen and wreck everyone's shit.

>headshotting everyone with a single speargun shot from across the map
>being accused of aimbot and eventually kicked out
man i was a god light pred i swear
also
>light pred wrist only
>fighting off noob aliens
>knowing the map by heart, long jumping backwards to a ledge with eyes closed
>this one alien player you meet from time to time
>"n1" after every time i kill her or she kills me
>mutual respect i couldn't find again in any other game i played

>she

It usually was a headshot cause the people who went melee predator had like 7,000 hours in collecting skulls and thats all they ever did.

the servers responsible for finding servers, you can easily find private servers and join games with the all seeing eye or thing like that

The only issue I take with the Predator in the 2nd film was that its mandibles moved too stiffly.

AvP & AvP: R is partly Anderson's fault and partly ADI's.

Anderson wanted them to look more "heroic" and bigger, hence the NFL build (how he described it) and why they had snouts/noses, along with human eyes.

But yeah, even the basic masks/faces they had looked way too fake.

>Top Tier:
Ichiro
Dunya
Rykov

>High tier:
Ivan
Light Pred
Heavy Pred
Runner
Johnson

>Mid tier:
Dimitri
Assault
Predator
Harrison
Drone

>Low tier:
Jones
Predalien

>Shit tier:
Praetorian

Overall: Human > Pred > Alien

still waiting for my machiko waifu alien nest hunting movie
tired of all these gay human hunt movies

Gonna be waiting for a while, I think.

Speargun > ap pistol > pulse rifle > drone > GL > sniper rifle > combi > into the trash

ill make it myself if I have too

Thanks for reminding me I have this on my shelf and I haven't played this in about a decade. I gotta try get it working.

lol Sniper rifle was outright the best weapon in the game, followed by the Grenade launcher. speargun was a poor mans sniper rifle that did way less damage and had travel time unlike the sniper which was hit scan.

In what? Unity?

the sniper rifle fired slowly
the speargun could headshot anyone at like 4x the speed of the sniper
sniper zoomed out slowly too
speargun could be used as a shotgun if you got ganked where a human sniper usually just dies

>tfw getting all weapon upgrades, costumes and bonuses

Worth every second.

>sequel never ever

At least we can easily emulate it and play in HD.

But yeah, a sequel or a spiritual successor would be nice.

Doesn't necessarily have to be the same Predator or even the same (urban) setting.

Just playing as a Predator would be good.

Fuck, I'm surprised no one ever bothered to make an adaptation of the first Predator film where you hunt down rebels and special forces as a Predator in the jungle.

>the sniper rifle fired slowly
No it didnt, it fired very quick, especially with rapid fire glitch

>the speargun could headshot anyone at like 4x the speed of the sniper
no it couldent are you retarded spergun shot was a projectile, meaning it had in game velocity and travel time, Sniper was hitscan, meaning it connected the INSTANT the gun was fired. also the sniper rifle was a 1 hit kill regardless of where you landed the shot, arm, leg, body, head it didn't matter.

>sniper zoomed out slowly too
no it fucking didn't it was instant

>speargun could be used as a shotgun if you got ganked where a human sniper usually just dies
alt fire was garbage and wasted ammo and STILL did less damage than 1 hit from a sniper rifle.

GTFO

Still have a copy with box and manual. Shame about the only. Fucking evac mode was a slice of fried gold.

Dumb aliens

I wonder if a standalone alien game in a similar fashion could work? Instead of weapon upgrades maybe adaptations? I dunno, I've always thought about it.