Planet Coaster full release tomorrow. How are your parks coming?

Planet Coaster full release tomorrow. How are your parks coming?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=esL8Bm1Ltao
youtube.com/watch?v=P-cbDgNnu8E
youtube.com/watch?v=DHYjNE1QvY4
youtube.com/watch?v=QDqlXGg394k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am too poor to buy it

I'll watch let's plays on youtube

How are the guest interactions?

One of my favorite things about RCT was picking a guest, naming them after a friend and tracking them.

Any cool stuff like that or popping balloons or anything?

Doesn't look like you can rename them, but they all have separate interests, thoughts, etc.

Interesting as I read this and went to see if I could rename, one guest's name was "May Romano"

Built my first real coaster the other day, wooden with some pretty good twists and turns. Also being able to make arched caverns and the new item placement system is fucking amazing.

This will be overlooked as the decisive GOTY at least in my opinion

Scratch all that, you can rename them. Took me a second to find it.

Probably gonna torrent the beta and see how I like it

Never really played these kinda games as a kid because I didn't have a computer

>YOU CANT MAKE A COASTER FLY OFF THE RAILS AND KILL PEOPLE

i thought the original tycoon team made this game?

RCT3's team. The "original tycoon team" was one guy that coded it with a stone tablet and chisel.

Building an incomplete rollercoaster that led them straight into a fucking wall and explode was the thing that got me hooked to this series.

Really amazing how the suicidal ride was the most visited attraction on my park.

Awesome! Thanks man!

Can also pick them up and move them, just realized that.

Honestly, almost every time I ask the question "Can I do this thing I did in RCT" it's been "Yes" 80% of the time.

technically it was two, since apparently someone else did the music

neo Sup Forums

I'll find out tomorrow how my park will be I guess. Currently just watching youtube videos for inspiration.

Plan on having a sort of Pirate area underground kind of like the ending of The Goonies but with little shanty buildings and unreachable walkways built into the walls then somehow have a coaster interact with it all.

>Rollercoaster Tycoon World was released today
>not even in the first 10 pages of Steam's Top Sellers chart for today

>Denuvo

really? shit, i was thinking about buying this
guess i'll just pirate it in 2 to 6 weeks

Enjoy not having access to the steam workshop.

>$40 indie game
>$40 indie game WITH DENUVO

Sorry lads guess I'm just not going to play your game and NEVER buy it, not even when it goes on sale. I will spread no word of mouth advertising and I will actively shit on it in threads discussing it.
Thanks for valuing your customers!

>Mostly Negative (24%)

Really? there goes my desire to buy it, going to wait a few weeks

i don't give a shit about steam workshop

>steam workshop
Never used that shithole in all my 8 years of steam to mod my games

They should have just canceled it a year ago

>They lowered RCTW's price to $35 for release

LOL

>RCTW
>307 in-game

>Planet Coaster
>5581 in-game

>A game that's not even released yet has over 18 times as many current players

I wonder who those 301 poor souls even are?

RCTW torrent where

I am waiting until the full release tomorrow to play it. I never played a Roller-Coaster Tycoon so I am pretty excited. Hopefully I can channel enough autism to make some good parks.

>that fox

Hmm?

Does the game require you to always be online?

Life requires you to always be online

Can someone teach me how to git gud at building rollercoaster? Mainly I'm bad at generating excitement without making people too nauseous. The nausea is fine until I have to transfer from a downward track to one that's flat.

Yes, Denuvo requires a permanent connection.

>Planet Coaster full release tomorrow. How are your parks coming?
I might care in a year, I have to finish Elite Dangerous first.

Okay, not buying this shit then. I'm not going to deal with another one of Frontier's always online games.

Only lay flat tracks, problem solved. There's a reason real trains has ten thousand times more passengers per day than roller coaster trains.

Except that would generate no excitement.

Oh well, I can certainly wait till I can pirate it. Shame though, I really wanted to support the devs on this one.

Pretty sure he's lying user.

You just need to go online with it once, then you can play offline as much as you want.

Pretty sure you need to go online with it again after major updates, but most of the time you play it can be offline. You also need to be online anyway to get the updates.

>Planet Coaster is top selling globally
>RCTW isn't even listed
Point an laugh.

>You just need to go online with it once, then you can play offline as much as you want.
Wrong, authentication is time-limited.

>You also need to be online anyway
As I said, you need a permanent connection. Once the servers are dead/unreachable, the game doesn't work anymore.

>Being online to get updates

This is completely understandable. I'm talking cannot play without connecting to their authentication server.

Just have the ride go through the women's toilets.

I don't have the beta but I read it has an offline mode. So you would need to be online to get the update, yes, but then you would also need to open the game while online and have it authenticate.

I know it seems like a great idea, but never make a food court area at your entrance. No one is hungry or thirsty enough yet around there and your workers are just gonna keep getting bored and quitting.

wtf? I like furries now?!

>I'm talking cannot play without connecting to their authentication server.
You can't, it needs to re-authenticate regularly. (Means if you're not playing the thing 24/7 every time you launch it).

What went wrong?

Only need authentication after an update and there's a chance changing a piece of hardware will trigger the requirement to authenticate.

The "phoning home" thing is just a false rumor.

Steam refunds are still 2 hours right? Thinking of buying Planet Coaster with the 10% and deciding tomorrow if I want to keep it

dev hell.
bad beta.

>Foxy 1 is amazing!
>Foxy 1 is the best!
>Foxy 1! Wow!

If there's already almost 1800 reviews on the same day it's released it must be selling pretty good. It's almost half of what Dishonored 2, an AAA title which was released five days ago, has.

It released months ago but people complained that it wasn't finished so they pulled it from the store and re-released.

I've heard they didn't change much

I WANT TO FUCK
THIS FOX

Yes you can you nonce

Since guests dying is a thing of the past, what happens when a coaster crashed now?

99% of these are early access reviews.

It's been in beta for a thousand years.

Oh...

Can you design your mascot or is it from a pre-selected set of options?

why does it use denuvo? i do not support games that have it

Whoa, why are there so many browns in this game?

Pre-selected. There's quite a lot of them though.

British developer

No, you don't. You have to be online the first time you boot it, that's it. I've been offline since then.

Anyone saying they "wanted to support devs" but aren't because of denovu never wanted to support it. They can't give a single reason for it and often times say "just gonna pirate then" which is ironic.

Pre-selection. Each of them come with their own set of themed signs and wares.

is this game worth pirating? i liked rollercauster tycoon back in the day

No, you don't. It even says so on their website. You can play offline once you've launched it once online.

Maybe it's time limited, but I have played for a week offline. I have a hard time believing you're offline more than that so far, and this might go as far as a month. Fuck you fag.

>all those children

I hope nude mods doesn't need to alter the exe

>nude mods for humans

gross

>because of denuvo

I was curious about always online connection only, aka ED. I'm still mad about that. If this is the case, though, thanks.

whats wrong with denuvo?

>almost every time it has been yes 80% of the time
so it was yes less than 80% of the time then?

Nothing. Some faggot bought a defective SSD and blamed it on Denuvo.

>mfw the detail you can do if you're autistic enough
youtube.com/watch?v=esL8Bm1Ltao
youtube.com/watch?v=P-cbDgNnu8E
youtube.com/watch?v=DHYjNE1QvY4

It's once and then "supposedly" requires to login once in a while, but there's no proof of that and I'm on day 7 with not going online. To avoid friends bugging me while I play.

Question, can a toaster run this game?

youtube.com/watch?v=QDqlXGg394k

the trailer for this game is the most nu male thing i've seen in a while

>that cuck music sounds like a Hillary Clinton ad
>those liberal hipster "feminist" san fran types complete with faggot haircuts and problem glasses
>ends on a STRONK PoC GAMYR WOMYN crossing her legs after the weak, pussified white male "traditional gamer" ceremoniously passes on the stick because "lol guys everyone is a gamer now xDD we dumbed games down to the lowest of the low so even 70 iq BLM apeoids will buy our EPIC new George Soros-funded ingame dildo varnish for proud stepdads"

who are the devs trying to appeal to? hmm makes you think

Can I walk around the park in first person?

What kind of toaster ? It runs well on low spec but maybe not null spec.

Sort of. You press "T" and get a camera that controls like it, but it doesn't like you to the ground, unless there's another shortcut key that does.

How long did it take to meme this post up ?
The camera is pretty free form and you can ride a coaster, not sure if you can do exactly that I haven't tried

recommended settings is a gtx980 and 12 gigs of ram, but in the end I guess it all depends on how large a park you're planning on building.

So does this game have a lot of assets or is a lot of that made by the creators of the maps?

about 2 minutes

>pic related: the people who will buy this nu-videogame

That's all in-game assets

I'm probably going to get called Sup Forums for this, but this honestly concerns me a bit about the game. Not necessarily that there are so many different shades of guests, but because there's a shitton of "mixed" families in both the promotional pictures and actual gameplay. I want to believe it's just the devs cutting corners by not making an engine that supports "family types", but then you have all the hipsters and dyed-hair models everywhere and it really seems like they're trying to appeal to a certain crowd.

And Devuno is not helping the case, not because of the lack of piracy but because like 99% of the time a dev uses it it's because they know their game is shit. I can't think of a single recent game that had this kind of DRM that was worth playing and didn't have shady devs/publishers behind it.

What are some must-have mods/blueprints?

It's all made using in-game assets. Most of it used in unconventional ways. You can clip parts through each other so you can combine smaller items into pretty much anything.

>It's once and then "supposedly" requires to login once in a while, but there's no proof of that and I'm on day 7 with not going online. To avoid friends bugging me while I play.
You're still connected to Denuvo servers, idort.
>Question, can a toaster run this game?
No.

thanks pirate fags for spawning denuvo

It seems to be making fun of hipsters more than anything. The mascot guy is supposed to be pathetic and the fox mascot is basically parodying Starbucks hipsters.

God, you're a retard.