What do you guys think of the FFXV special edition box art?

What do you guys think of the FFXV special edition box art?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g7VR_Lq44zs
twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/799188136928514049
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Better than the abortion that is the regular boxart

>Amano

Lol no

Better than the Western box art, worse than the Japanese box art, it's pretty good

>le amano's art is good meme

still looks better than thay gay ass fruit boyband cover on the normal version. It feels like every design decision they made on this was specifically to put westerners off of their game.

It's cool and all but they're charging an extra $30 for it. I don't think it's worth it.

This is the reversible for the standard edition

I'd prefer to have Nomura's artwork instead.

More expensive, better looking, but not the extra cash better. Not worth it. Suck my balls.

Amano's worst

I seriously can't stand Amano's art. It looks like total ass to me.

Let me guess, you're American?

Love it. But I really like Amano's artwork. Better than the abortion that is the normal Western artwork.

should've been a white background
how do they fuck this up

I think the box art is beautiful

Too bad you can't buy that shit fucking anywhere

>Amano's worst

This.

Amano's art has its moments, but this one is straight up bad.

>If you lived in a shitty country with no culture, you'd appreciate sloppy brushwork and extraneous bullshit more!

I think having the car in it is pretty stupid but it's at least nicer than the wester, not all that great though

The best FF boxarts is when it's just the logo on a white background.

Simple, but effective.

What is this game even fucking about???

Something about the princesses wedding dress that you read in the newspaper then you push your car at 15 fps cause it's a piece of shit

Wedding dress shopping

why did NAcucks remove Amanos logo on NA boxart?

this should've been the cover tbqh

What makes a good box art?

there's nothing iconic about the art direction in xv. they didn't give amano anything to work with

vi had the smokestacks and magitech armor
vii had a stylized attention to detail
ix was a cartoon
x echoed taiwanese and indonesian art

etc.

xv is just a photorealistic hodgepodge of extraneous GTA randomly generated environments

how is he supposed to convey that through art?

> putting a DID who isnt playable on boxart
but why

dude holding gun
flames behind him
looking down

Literally the toppest tier.

I wish they just kept the games 2D and used amano's artstyle for the actual game.

not gonna happen

I'd kill for that to happen with a vi remake though

vi is really the only one that drew much from his art. you'll noticed the colors in vi are washed out and heavily pastel

before vi the tech was to primitive, and after vi they went a different direction

a vi remake with sketchy/rotoscoped types of art would be awesome though. I'd pay more than for a normal game

fucking shitposters

If you wanna know what its about just watch a trailer or look it up on wikipedia

the regular boxart is shit, but amano draws like a toddler in kindergarten.

I like it

whats happening on the cover. Who are these characters

At first I didnt want to get the special edition but this cover art convinced me

I love it, but it's a shame that plebs dont have a clue about color theory
It looks slick and has style

It gets better the more you look at it imo.

You can reverse the cover user

That's not the full artwork, it's just a crop from a larger tableau

youtu.be/g7VR_Lq44zs

it comes with the kingsglaive movie ad several DLC
it's kinda worth it imo

It looks like ass.

Better than the default regular version cover, but worse than the reversible regular version cover where it's just the logo.

pre-ordered it back in april lel.
alongside the collectors edition guide that apparently comes with a poster.

This.
isn't there a way to get in contact with square to let them know what fans want?

So is the goddess of death still a thing? Think she will be the last boss?

New key visual was just uploaded.

twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/799188136928514049

Better than the original but looks fucking aids. Where is the white backround with logo gone?

that's unspecified and if she is it's really just a background detail. The Lucis skull symbol is still there so maybe.

That's fucking nice. I just doubt the game is going to suit this image, which is a shame, since the image makes me want to play it far more.

SeeXV has always been associated with black since inception and DESU the colors look better on black than on white. It was black specifically to counter with FF13s white since XV is the opposite to 13.

Ive found a PS4 copy of it for only 60 bucks in like 2 minutes of searching. Are you dumb?

I specifically want a white backround, not edgy black

>Get ultimate collection don't even get a normal box, just some gay ass steel case
>Ultimate doesn't include all DLC either

WTF I HATE SE NOW!

yeah, until you notice theres a fucking car in it

Reminds me of those FF12 CGI visuals. Makes sense considering Kamikokuryo is world art director on XV like he was on 12.

So just like FF7 and FF8.

I'm planning on getting the game digitally but I'm curious about what exactly that A Kings Tale thing is

Looks like a flash game.

>alright Amano, the game is about four guys traveling in a car. please try to emphasize the car and keep the demons, fairies and other stuff to a mininum
>you got it

i like the eurocuck limited edition cover.

It's literally better than the game.

It isn't since it's there as part of the games identity.

It's like finding a gold nugget inside of a huge pile of shit.

maybe without the USK crap

>DAY ONE DLC
>For a game more than a decade in production

Considering the game is already great you are objectively wrong.

It's just car skins and an alt outfit which are free preorder bonuses.

>free
>preorder bonuses

That's just as bad.

>Nomura game
May as well put a turd on the cover art.

>preorder game for $60
>Get free car skins and alt outfit

>Buy game for $60 on 1st day
>Don't get free car skins or alt outfit.

Yes free.

>free
>if you spend $60
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no

NOOOOOO
They delayed it again to 11th Vingtsember!!

>get enticed to get $60 game because of a car skin and alt outfit
>the game is shit

So what you're saying is, it potentially costs $60 if the game is bad, all because you want to pay a developer money for a product before knowing whether the product is good.

Man, fools and their money

Amano can't draw humans for shit

Literally deviant art tier

XV's art direction is all over the place. There's alot of cool fantastical stuff mixed with dull, boring, "modern" looking environments and characters.

I mean there are moments where Square have gotten the whole "modern fantasy" aesthetic right, with King Regis and the Kingsglaive fighting fantastical creatures in a modern, sorta gothic looking city. But then you've got Noctis and co who look like a boyband trudging across Nevada.

Square are also really keen on pushing the "friendship" aspect of the plot and making the game light hearted, but it seems it'll clash with the darker storyline.

XV's aesthetics are a mix of VIII and VII
I like it
Simple and clean

Akihiko Yoshida >>>>>>>>>>>>> Amano.

Math must be hard for you.

Game at full price on day one is $60 buying it on the day, comes with no free car skin or alt outfit.

preordering which is the same $60 price and getting it on day one but comes with free car skin and alt ouftit

Both cost the same amount but the person who preordered is getting free extra stuff just because he preordered it.

XVs art direction is fantasy meets reality. It's a mix of medieval and modern fantasy. It's a mix of high fantasy and realism.

I love Amano's art but, this is the worst piece he's done

Bitches doesn't understand basic capitalism

No it's actually one of his best ever. The pic in OP is a crop of the full thing which shows the whole flow and visual.

youtu.be/g7VR_Lq44zs

Why is Terra being saved by Golbez while the Donnie Darko bunny is watching and Bahamut is getting mad at all this

It's gorgeous, though I wish it wasn't a steel book case. Taking the discs out always feels troublesome to me.

when you really think about it, does it matter? I mean you'll look at it maybe a few times as your playing the game and then it'll sit on your shelf, which you can only see the spine anyway.

And then you'll only see it when you pull it out like 2 years later when you replay it

Does anything really matter?

I just like to have the cool shit in my favorite games. This won't be one of them, so no sense in buying any extra things, or the game at all if I can get it on PC.

If I wanted shit tier amano art, I might aswell go look at cave paintings

The resemblance is quite uncanny desu