FFXV Thread

GOAT edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SgeklY4bF3E
youtu.be/TvwzbNik8bo?t=1633
imgur.com/a/eo3VI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kys faggot weeb

I wouldnt have bought 15 but this conan shitposting made me so angry I decided not to buy a new pc and buy FF15

Middle-Earth Entourage

My brain is anticipating FFXV so much that my brain isn't functioning properly anymore, my hands are shaking and I'm beginning to just think about nothing else other than FFXV. What the fuck am I going to do, this is ruining my next 12 days

Only made that joke because Wood was there.
At no point did it look like tolken fantasy.

Should I preload it now off PSN? fuck man I want to PLAY

stay strong, senpai

>tfw I hope I get it early
fucking UAE and other lucky shits going to get it early next week

Did look like a boyband Entourage though.

Hide yo kids hide yo wife

The boy band entourage thing was true. Everyone has made the joke since the games conception.
But nothing about it was middle earth.

In Peru for anyone wondering.

Download the jap demo.

>insert crowd laughter

I'm sorry to tell you this but, you're turning into XV-kun, user.

You don't have much time left.

are these in stores already in the back in the states? may as well try my luck

Store here in Norway apparently gets them on the 18th so maybe?

i feel the same

i hope i get it early

nearly 11 years of anticipation is too much for one soul to bear

Conan "The Third Nuke" O'Brien

Conan "If it's from Japan, it's getting the ban" O'Brien

Conan "Weepin' Weebs" O'Brien

Conan "Boybands in Final Fantasyland" O'Brien

Conan "I'd rather eat tar than push a car O'Brien

Conan "Weebs cower for 72 hours" O'Brien

>Based peru already have the game
tomorrow i am going to play this GOTY lads

Leaks when?

This game might just have the most pathetic, indenial sub-reddit I have ever been linked to. I don't often browse that shit stain site but holy fuck they think the combat in this game is like the stuff you see in CGI! What the fuck are they smoking because its obviously stronger than the OP's pic.

The combat is good though.

I like the combat, but i have to agree. A lot of fanboys try to make it look like the best shit ever and the comparison to KH should also just stop already

AAAAAAA

>tfw even as a LONDON I have no ability to get games early from stores
>just want to play some fucking final fantasy

Why the fuck do I have to not be friends with a Target manager goddammit I want to play

topbantz

Can someone livestream this shit or post screenshots, please? I envy you guys.

>leather pants in the desert
>NSync on a quest to find Justin Timberlake
>mfw

No Im at my fucking breaking point now. I have wanted this game since I was in secondary school and I am finishing University this year and let me just say as someone who has spent roughly 1000 hours in the DMC franchise and 380 in bayonetta and a few more in other hack and slashes. This game is terrible. It claims it wants to be exciting real time combat yet lacks the necessary functons to make such commitment.

-Animations look fucking awkard, ESPECIALLY if you're attack forward.
-Warping feels like a drag and slow
-No animation blends in seamlessly like you will see in say DMC4
-Philosophy of combat was designed around a guy who gets tired by pushing to many buttons.
-Same guy made shitty spin off psp games and spent too much money on roadtrips, hiking trips, food photography, cars, a mobile game, a shitty animated anime and a high budget, low grossing movie with expensive cast.
-It flat out does not feel nice to play whatsoever

Stop making excuses such as "Its suppose to be realistic" or "Its a mix of an RPG and hack and slash" like these are justifications for this weird fucking combat system where nothing seems mechanically deep or remotely interesting

Fuck I'm so jelly
>fucking 12 days of wait and even then there's no guarantee my deluxe will arrive day 1

Fuck man

12 days earlier has to be a record. Witcher 3 was like 8 days earlier and same with Bloodborne

my fucking cock

How do people get games early..

As much as I'm hyped for the game, I will have to agree on most of your points.
But the game was designed to be this way ever since it got re-introduced as XV.

Some of the attacks do feel pleasant and look cool, but some of the moves are just plain terrible.
Still I hope for the Armiger weapons to be better and for late game Noctis to be more fluid.

But to expect a different game at its core was silly and we've known all that since 2015.

But, user... you're wrong

I actually agree, but i'll still play it. At this point i don't care. The combat has some huge flaws same with the world design, but i waited long enough. The fantasy based on reality shit is also just an excuse at this point, it's a game and should still be mostly that. At least KH has fast wide ground combos with launchers and actualy aerial combos and finishers. In XV combat is based around hitting one enemy way too much and you're either on the ground or in air, they're just states and aerial combat doesn't even have proper finishers, it's just a state that lasts as long as you do air steps or warp strike away. A combat system designed around warping could've been so much better. The buddy skills and links strikes also mostly lack any impact same with any kind of attack and a lot of enemies are way too random just for the sake of it. I also hope they fixed Aranea cause she looked like a warp strike fest that turns into BBS combat on the ground where she doesn't give a fuck about being hit

>she doesn't give a fuck about being hit
If you look closely - that's not the case, she does react to your hits but like Gladio she evades most of your attacks.

And I'm sitting here playing the demo.

>Its a mix of an RPG and hack and slash
Well yeah, it's an open world RPG with a lot of aspects besides combat, so of course the combat won't be as good as DMC or Bayonetta which are purely action focused games.

RUN

Ive played the demos for roughly 10 hours each and my consensus on this game is they shouldn't have let Tabata anywhere near this game. It has been reported that the console market in Japan could make or break under this game. And square decided to give a 10+ year long waited for game and potential market decider to the closet clerk who makes shitty psp games? What were they fucking thinking.

He changed the entire combat systems because he gets tired of pushing fucking buttons.

No attack feels pleasant to me, every swing feels like I am performing an action and there just happens to be an enemy infront of me that reacts to it, it doesn't ever feel or look like I am controlling a character that is hitting an enemy. They should have hired a capcom or platinum development team for the combat because fucking hell, the abortion child between and RPG an a Hack and Slash should not be done like this shit.

I'm not going to get it, and I can see why it's probably not going to suck, but you need to calm down.

>No attack feels pleasant to me
Have to disagree here
All the attack that were there since Versus days feel very good to me
The overhead slash, the run-in attack animation, some of the 2h swords swing, combo-started spear attack feel good.
But when it comes to the actual meat of the combos - the ravage moves, they're pretty shit (although miles better than in Duscae)

This entire game had probably 8x the budgeting as DMC4 a game that came out 8 years ago and was rushed. I fully fucking expect a better combat system even if it isn't a game directly aimed around that aspect (which it should since its the fucking GAMEplay).

I've played it for 20. I disagree with some of your points. It's not perfect by any means and praising it as the best combat system is retarded, but it's certainly not bad.
>He changed the entire combat systems because he gets tired of pushing fucking buttons.
What are you even talking about? You don't have to hold the buttons. In fact, it's better if you don't because that opens up combo trees instead of just holding O and doing the neutral combo over and over and over.
youtube.com/watch?v=SgeklY4bF3E
Let's not forget you can switch weapons during combos and there are more weapons than just the gun, the spear, the sword, and the greatsword.

I hope not every enemy is as stupid as the bandersnatch. Warp points are way too OP and enemies don't know how to handle them. I beat bandersnatch at lvl 1 just by warp striking in, doing 1-2 full combos and warp striking out again

What good is switching weapons if all of them have the same set of combos with VERY little variation.

Stream when?
C'mon guys, stop with the teasing.

Why is this game not getting released for PS3 again? Persona 5 is doing it.

>waking up to spoilers tomorrow
10 fucking years and we're finally here.

While there are other aspects, combat is what you're going to be doing a lot of the time so it should be a main priority. While I don't expect Bayonetta tier combat it should at least be able to match Kingdom Hearts for fucks sake.

>

DMC4 was a pure action beat em up tho. XV is a ARPG, of course the combat in the latter wouldn't be as fast and complex

Imo depth should come from enemy movesets rather than millions of waepons and options. Even when i have 15 weapons and the whole ascension tree unlocked, the rhino or bandersnatch will still just have a shockwave and sidestep and two parry attacks and your party makes the combat more chaotic than it needs to be. Even the two bosses in the dungeon from the demo basicly just sit in one place for most of the time or do a telegraphed attack or shockwave/AOE. FF was never the height of gameplay, but i expected a little more when they made it an ARPG

Persona 5 is stylized and smaller. Shit looks like it can be run by a gamecube.

You guys think if maybe I go into GAME next week with my pre-order receipt, one of the guys might just give me my copy?

>tfw best combos never ever

>if all of them have the same set of combos with VERY little variation.

They don't. Daggers have I-frames. Greatsword spin is good for clearing out multiple enemies if you're surrounded. Spears have good reach and are as fast as the sword. Guns are for when you want to chip off an enemies HP without having to worry about it potentially one-shotting you. All weapons consume various amounts of MP compared to others.

Again, there are still many other weapons to be revealed.

Reserve your judgement for the final game just as I am with mine, otherwise you sound like an arrogant fool.

But does it have to be THIS shit? Its clear there are supposed to be hack and slash mechanics since by clearly looking at it you can see it is without a doubt the core gameplay. They need to make that part feel nice to play.

This shit looked so much faster and more responsive. I hope Tabata becomes a fucking Pariah in the game industry after the shit he did to this game.

Is this kind of aerial combo still in ? Especially the current armiger looks really bad midair, you basicly just do ground combos while in the air

When he made that joke they were in the medieval looking part of the city talking to the king.

You can do that in Judgement Disc, but we're at such a low level that you can't keep it up for long without draining your MP in 3 warps.

He also has Armiger activated.

>You can do that in Judgement Disc
No, it's not about warping between the nemies, it's about the combo attacks themselves that haven't been shown since 2014

>This shit looked so much faster and more responsive.
>comparing demo footage of mid-game characters with near infinite MP and armiger activated to demo footage of early-game characters who barely have any MP and don't have armiger

Can't wait until end-game footage releases.

They've been showing end-game lvl 65 Noctis, his movement and attacks don't change at all.
Armiger has also been reworked and looks miles worse than the one in that user's webms.

>warps with sword and switches to greatsword for a combo
you can do that in the demo
>blinks
you can also do that in the demo, check the ascension grid
>switches to sword and does a standard combo
also in the demo
>combo finishes by switching to spear
haven't seen that yet

What were you doing during your hours playing the demo, nigga?

>They've been showing end-game lvl 65 Noctis
Got a link for that?

>They've been showing end-game lvl 65 Noctis
Source on Level 65 Noctis footage? Also, abilities (combos abilities like in KH) are locked to the Ascension Grid, not Levels.
>Armiger has also been reworked and looks miles worse than the one in that user's webms.
Can you post the inferior version then?

As a fellow DMC addict and fan I can tell you that the combat isn't bad and is actually fun, most of your points are understandable of course. It's the same shit with The Witcher 3 combat and it's criticisms over it being to tanky, but when you get down to it it's actually not that bad, it has it's problems but calling it "shit" in capital letters is just hyperboling. Not every action game must be DMC and every ARPG has to be a soulslike

>1h sword attacks that combo into each other naturally rather than being a single pre-scripted animation
Not in the demo
>Jumping over enemies
Not in the demo (nor in the final game)
>Freely warping between enemies with the Armiger active doing your standard combos but faster and more vicious
Not in the demo and not in the final game.

>blinks
>you can also do that in the demo, check the ascension grid
Where? There isn't an ability allowing that.
If there is, show me footage.

While it's not the worst combat system out there i think even the team themself don't perfectly know what they want from it. They changed so many thing in just 2 years even simple things like the UI. They improved the animations themself and the speed, but you can tell that they're still based around holding a button for the most part and i highly doubnt high level will change that. A lot of the ascension tree are boosts or buddy skills or shit that makes dodges or air steps cost less MP. You have quite a few weapons, but the potential is held back be the fact that enemies are either ground or air bound, especially air combat feels more like you're trying to follow on enemy than actually doing a combo mid air

Well, that seems like this is the earliest AAA game to break street date.
Granted I don't really follow many AAA games.

youtu.be/TvwzbNik8bo?t=1633

There you go.
>(combos abilities like in KH) are locked to the Ascension Grid
There's already full Grid available in English, there's not a single nod that expands the combo variety.
>Can you post the inferior version then?
Webm related

>edicion deluxe
christ that looks fucking terrible

can someone please post that chest kiss gif?

About two weeks before release is not entirely unusual. Just earlier this year Paper Mario Colour Splash leaked about a month before release.

Time to abandon the internet

Aerial combat except for shortsword just feels way too tacked on. Enemies are not build for it at all especially since everything has way too much weight so there aren't even launchers for smallers enemies that initiate air "combos" which wouldn't work anyway since you can't keep enemies in the air. Except for the air step aerial combat feels like you're just standing on an invisible ground mid air instead of actually flaoting

The Deluxe edition art looks great, fuck off

Ordered a copy on ebay for 80 bucks

I don't give a fuck how much I pay, I waited 10 years for this shit

Still can't get over how they changed the HUD to total, absolute crap
And the worst thing is - you can't even disable individual elements, so the fuckers force me to have it disabled entirely.

What the fuck

I'm talking about 2 different languages on the art.

Armiger looks like it works the same as it always did.

What's the difference?

That's what i hate the most, why didn't they have all the previous options to chose from, i mean they basicly have them and no hud at all or all of it is so stupid, i just want the HP bars most of the time

Trannies don't get anything

The difference is that before Armiger boosted your base combos and allowed you to warp freely between enemies utilizing the same moves but much faster and more vicious.

The current Armiger just loops single attacks of the Royal Arms you've aquired using the same fucking animations for ground and mid-air attacks.

>There's already full Grid available in English, there's not a single nod that expands the combo variety.

Try switching your weapons.

Here's the ascension grid for the curious: imgur.com/a/eo3VI

So which of the nods here imply modifying the way your combos work?
Non of them do that, just stat things like "move x will deal more damage" or "do move y to gain more AP"

I'm probably alone with this but I liked Luna's Kingsglaive appearance more. Looked more unique than the clearly aimed at Nips face she has in the game.

>The difference is that before Armiger boosted your base combos and allowed you to warp freely between enemies utilizing the same moves but much faster and more vicious.

You sure it's been changed? I'd rather see someone who isn't retarded test out the Armiger.

>Swiftor playing in that YouTube video

Why use gameplay footage with that faggot in it? He can barely play video games.

They changed the ascension grid way too late and you tell they just did it because of feedback again, but it basicly changed nothing. Tons of it is just, costs less, do more damage, get more AP a lot of it was probably just based on leveling up before

Literally all the footage of the Armiger we've seen so far (be it with just 4 royal arms or 10 of them) imply that it's the case.

And I doubt it will be the other way around considering they even changed the concept of the Armiger itself - now it's Royal Arms of past kings instead of Noctis's engine weapons.

Thanks for provng my point

Please read
>Here's the ascension grid for the curious
>for the curious
I should have been more clear, sorry.

You change your combos by switching weapons whereas you change your combos by equipping and un-equipping combo abilities in Kingdom Hearts