What are some things in Super Mario 64 you don't like?

What are some things in Super Mario 64 you don't like?

And no, this isn't a pannenkoek2012 thread. I've been playing SM64 and am curious what people think of it. Personally I wish that Mario was a little tighter to control, but I might just be used to 3D World too much.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qzj1DKsmlSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i don't like having to run against a wall for three days to build up enough speed to warp to a parallel dimension

that really seems like something they should have scrapped in the design phase

Fuck off trip fag

>And no, this isn't a pannenkoek2012 thread

P O O R L Y C O D E D

no you fuck off """Henry"""

I don't like how the music was rehashed so much

I do like how you jump into paintings to enter worlds. It very smooth and feels better than navigating menus.

2nd floor levels besides Tal Tall Mountain are all gay.

I don't like how you couldn't unlock Luigi.

The movement is unbelievable at high/TAS levels, but every so often I'll find myself sliding down a 2° gradient slope - the second snow level is fucking hell since your traction is altered (i think).

Also wish the speedrunning/TAS community for SM64 would just switch to the "non-stop" mod, the one where you don't have cutscenes & leave the level when you collect a star; so much better to watch and play.

I hate how I'm supposed to press A all the way to do things. I wish there was some way to play the game with only pressing A slightly.

i hate that yoshi is just a tease. you cant even ride him

>impossible to throw a scuttlebug jamboree

I don't like the autism that comes with this game
youtube.com/watch?v=Qzj1DKsmlSM

Using the castle as a level select was fucking stupid.

why the hell are there 6 coins justing stting in the very first room of the castle

its pointless and makes no sense

coins restore life
you aren't invincible in the castle

On that note, getting a star restores life, but exiting a level manually doesn't.

what kind of loser dies or even gets hurt in the castle though

you basically have to do it on purpose

They should have included a PU mapping feature. As it is you have to keep a pen and paper handy to keep track of what PU you're in.

when you visit yoshi's yard, you can easily get hurt from the enemies

I love SM64 and I believe its faults can be overlooked as a product of its time. My main issue is that, for the most part, there are no threats. There are large swaths of open space with no real purpose.

Only three places I can think of.

>The Boos
>The torches in the basement
>Falling off the balcony on the third floor

Sometimes the camera triggers me something fierce.

There is water there, you can use it.

>heres your 99 lives
>brb gonna jump off a cliff

No objective, sure, but I'd argue at least some of that space is meant simply for moving around and enjoying the controls.