Don't mind me, just doing all the damage with none of the risk

>Don't mind me, just doing all the damage with none of the risk.

Why are rangers allowed in melee-centric games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=URmQXIeVpN8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>That motherfucker that kept shooting me in the back
Fucking Ian.

>enemy AI has no countermeasures for fighting them at range
>you can brainlessly kill everything by keeping your distance and spamming ranged attacks

>I love darksouls! I can beat them no problem
>Oh yea, what class do you play?
>Archer

>game actually takes armor into account and rangers can't dps you with 5000% crit

>mfw MMORPG hunters/rangers/whatever have no idea how to behave in groups

Could you stop your pet from stealing aggro at least?

they get fucked up when you close in on them
attacks are easier to dodge

>rangers are bow only
fuck off with that shit. Aragorn is the original ranger archetype and he never was a bowfag.

Because "ranger" really means "guy who covers a lot of ground". Of course, anyone who lived in the wilds used a bow to feed himself and it fit the archetype requirements so rangers became dudes who use ranged weapons and have animal companions.

>they get fucked up when you close in on them
>when you close in on them

wow what a weakness for a ranged class

To give casuals a way to actually play.

This is now a LotR thread.

Who else cries *every* time they watch this scene: youtube.com/watch?v=URmQXIeVpN8

Well the developer's seem to expect you to be able to get in

that sounds like it'd be a novel idea for the first few bosses but the bows are so boring to use

When did 'ranger' became 'frilly faggot with a bow'. Ranger is a guy who ranges about in the wilderness, basically barbarian without brain damage.

idk sounds like the same thing to me

Idiots heard ranger and thought, "Fights at range," so it became exactly that.

BECAUSE IF YOURE IN THE WILDERNESS YOU HUNT AND GUESS WHAT YOU FUCKING HUNT WITH GENIUS

with a spear
with traps
with a net
with a fishing rod
with a small knife
with a dog

WOW ALL THINGS THEY GIVE RANGERS IN GAMES

gr8 job moving the goalposts

psshh learn to admit defeat before a superior mind..............kiddo..........

I did a bow-only run.

The start is super rough as you're shooting precious souls and every miss is expensive

Later it gets just boring because you have almost unlimited arrows and your damage never really goes as high as melee weapons so you're safely and slowly chipping away 10000s of HP

YOU MOVED YOUR OWN DAMN GOAL POSTS

You hunt with a variety of weapons and skills more important than a bow.

I thought TES for a moment, until I realised that there was no mention of stealth.

I think later on I limited myself to doing like 25% damage at most via sniping for my archer run because it really is too easy to just slowly clear an area. Even so, Archer against pve enemies, half of them don't have gap closers so it's like you're poking them with a 5m spear.