Thoughts? what didn't go right, so much hand placed shit it's amazing

thoughts? what didn't go right, so much hand placed shit it's amazing

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76529/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>what didn't go right
It used Bethesda's gamebyro abomination engine.
It is fantasy mass effect
Otherwise it was pretty neat.

Thoughts on who the Veiled Woman is?

Long ass load times.

Pretty good besides that. Somehow makes the boring spells from Skyrim fun, even though they're the same freaking spells.

no clue i'm doing ironmans and it's slow. i remember so little of nehrim's story, but i remember the world so well. what i remember most was it's (wheel of time style) universality of revolutions and cycles. the figure is probably one of the man-gods that reemerges in a cycle?

a few things they could have used were some apocalypse spells creations and frostfall

I loved oblivion when it came out, Skyrim was fun for a while too, but I just couldn't get into Enderal.

But then I recently tried modding Skyrim to try play all the DLC I missed and I couldn't get into that either. Maybe it's because I played all the souls game before this and now I just like different kind of games.

come to think of it, the lore of vyrn is very much like the wheel of time. the veiled woman pulls a string at the beginning and knots you into a path that starts at the machine

>opening tries too hard to be dark and edgy, just comes across as hilarious and forced
>WAKE UP to a Morrowind openiong ripoff, where notJiub starts spewing lore names that you're expected to comprehend
>must pick from one of 4 generic human/elf races
>don't know what I'm saying in the conversation but pick an option anyway..."HE DIDN'T LIKE THAT"
>WAKE UP to him getting killed off by a woman with horrendous voice acting
>WAKE UP in bumfuck forest and wander around until meeting two guys who are trying too hard to be witty
>pray they get killed off and get pleasantly surprised seconds later
>WAKE UP to some other middle of nowhere where some guy tells me what to do; can't refuse him
>cancel out and run off anyway until some other generic NPC pulls me aside for some missing person quest
>quit and uninstall

I can always appreciate how much time goes into this mods, but fuck Sup Forums for hyping this up. It's extremely railroaded and the dialogue is terrible (I've seen people say the German VAs are better, but that's the same as weebs saying subbed anime's better). The environment's nice to look at, but then you get a quest where you have to collect X herbs and you can't tell what's collectable and what's just visual flair because there's so much clutter on the ground. There's some interesting changes to spells and armor, but spellbooks are given to you like candy and it's still the same shitty Skyrim combat at the end of the day.

Definitely sets up and runs better than Nehrim (which was not-so-subtly mentioned like 3 times in the first 30 minutes), but that's all I can say for it. I imagine modding it would be a huge pain since it already incorporates a ton of mods and very few look like they work with this overhaul.

>what didn't go right

They bothered to change up every aspect of the game but they still used vanilla Skyrim's combat for some fuck all reason.

well it ran like shit on my computer if I looked the wrong way for a start.

you played the intro for 15m and got barely into the world for 10m and quit, the post? why does your opinion matter again, you didn't even get to the first village. adhd much?

>I've seen people say the German VAs are better, but that's the same as weebs saying subbed anime's better.
so you are retarded and your opinion doesn't matter. Alright!

this is going to be the fate of gothic3 CSP

watch

>Implying that's gonna come out within our lifetime.

how do you get the german voices with english text?

its great if for some reason youd want to play gothic but in skyrim instead of just playing gothic

Same thing that goes wrong whenever Germans try to make games. They get so bogged down in horrible details that nobody buy full-on turboautists enjoy the damn thing.

*but

Just install a combat mod you fucking retard
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76529/?
Works great, might wanna tweak it a bit. Also it's mandatory to install a mod that makes archers and mages not have perfect aim, otherwise you'll get 2 shot by some shithead in a bush that you didn't even see. It was a huge problem with a mission where you relive the past and need to defend a cottage from a small army of enemies

>what didn't go right
a lot of their areas didn't get used/didn't have quests associated with them, which is a real shame. I mean I'm not asking for radiant quests but I stopped exploring after a while because there wasn't a huge incentive to. Other than that I liked it.

I also thought the waifu was a little whiny and that came off as hilarious instead of emotional

I like that its more linear than skyrim while still having a good amount of freedom. Shame that there were only 3 towns. Also magic got way too overpowered from mid game. I could 2-4shot everything on ironman mode with fireballs

Its kind of embarassing how much better the summoned weapons were compared to the legendaries lovingly hand placed around the map

Pretty good, I'm not keen on relying on books for skill improving though and the game is held back by the shitty engine. Much better than Skyrim in about every way though.

Granted, that's kinda how it went with regular skyrim too, but it sucks that they couldn't find a midway point.

That's kinda why I just made a stealth conjurist and had my minions fight for me.

But the summoned weapons were ass in vanilla skyrim. Youre probably thinking of the enchanted shit

Oh shit yeah that's probably what I was thinking of. Never mind.

The lack of quick travel discouraged exploration. People can complain about the quick travel feature in Skyrim all they want, having to walk to every location you want to go to is too much of a hassle which is why I hardly ever bothered entering optional dungeons.

And no, there are not nearly enough stations to make those dragons from Neverending Story an acceptable substitute.

Teleport scrolls and recall spells are a godsend because of this but I understand what you mean. I never ended up exploring if I didn't have a quest that was headed in that general direction because it was a hassle otherwise

The teleport scrolls werent good enough for you?

Fuck enderal, only had problems with this piece of shit.
>install
>backup all my 50 mods via enderal launcher
>start game
>crashes every 5 minutes
>bugs everywhere
>kill wolves and bandits for straight fucking 10 hours of game play since there are no other enemies to be found
>get tired of it
>Uninstall enderal
>restore backup via launcher
>"backup restore successful"
>go to skyrim folder
>empty
>go to backup folder
>empty
>all 50 mods lost
>didn't touch skyrim since because manually installing all of them again takes ages and fuck vanilla skyrim