OH BOII!

OH BOII!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B90frJAHoB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>DUDE! WE'RE SO GOOOOOOD AT TELLING EMOTIONAL STORIES AT NAUGHTY DOG XDDDD VIDEO GAMES ARE ABOUT STORIES, NOT GAMEPLAY OR FUN.

The gameplay was pretty good,so what?

To be fair, I thought TLOU was pretty fun. Had some good setpieces, anyway. Wasn't a total walking simulator. That said, why the fuck does this game need a sequel. Unless it's going to show a different country and how it handled the shit, I'm not interested. Joel was a good character, but he doesn't need his story continued.

Are they fucking serious with that guitar?

Serious question, by the way.

Spotted brain dead From Software faggot who can only handle brainless slasher shitty genre.

I bet Ellie is just going to be the sole protagonist. Joel will be incapacitated or dead somehow

I fucking hated Ellie, though. She only worked as Joel's foil and allowed him character development. Her solo scenes and areas were the weakest part of the game, honestly.

>It looks like this is the Last of Us, Too.
Bravo

I was hoping they would do the same thing that Nic PizzaGuy was gonna do with True Detective: have a different cast of characters in the same universe deal with the same conflict in a different setting.

I dont think Joel and Ellie need to come back. Their stories got told and as it stands, theyre safe at the dam with Tommy.

>liking From games is a bad thing
This is the average "cinematic experience" fan I guess.

The multiplayer was fucking great you shitter

That said OP where is proofs? All I've seen is rumors of its confirmation.

The gameplay was ok (minus bullets randomly going through cover).

>Her solo scenes and areas were the weakest part of the game
What about David? Then again, that entire portion was frustrating due to the logic of the game. I wanted to go on a killing spree with Joel, but I wasn't allowed to go down certain streets.

Being an underdeveloped imbecile like you who cannot handle any game other than FromSHIT is a bad thing though.
Go replay your shitty BB for 2342345232 time and don't get on the way of people who want to play other games.

>I have never played TLOU

Kill yourself, it was a fun game.

That being said the story was pretentious as fuck.

KEK

>third year
>middle schooler
That's elementary school then

TLOU 2 hasn't been confirmed. Get the fuck out.

These fucking hacks should work at Hollywood already

If you ignore the overall moral of people being assholes, and instead viewed it as a character piece regarding Joel, it wasn't too pretentious. In that perspective, it was just about an old man learning how to love again.

But the overall theme of 'herp derp da bad guiz are bad!' is fucking stupid.

Would a sequel actually dull the emotion of the story? Sure, there's probably lots of emotional moments to still be had with humans trying to survive, but would even knowing what happens to baby Ellen Page, or seeing more hints at the direction humanity is heading after the decision (that they didn't let you make) at the end of the first game, place new limits on the original experience?

>anything you dont like is "pretentious"

It's a fucking zombie story with a focus on character development, how is that pretentious?

desu, the last of us is a brainless stealth shooter with lots of cutscenes

Elli wanted to learn to play guitar from Joel, so my guess is she learnt and now Joel is dead or something.

Wasn't it already confirmed a couple years ago? Oh well, it'll probably suck like the first one. All those years of hyping it up, following every news and buying a PS3 just for it, i have to say, it's probably the saltiest I've been over vidya.

>hating on TLOU

Goddamn it fuck this board all you pretentious fedora-wearing fuckers couldn't spot a good game if it slapped you across the face and fucked your mother's asshole in front of you.

even as a character piece for joel it took itself too seriously but i may just be biased because of all the absurd praise it got for being the greatest story ever told after its release.

it was still definitely up its own ass though.

the tone and dramatics were far too self serious and try-hard for "m-muh emotions" for a zombie story with a focus on character development. it's like they went into it specifically planning to get people posting screencaps on reddit saying things like "I...I can't...just...wow."

The guy was in his 50s in the first game. He probably died to natural causes if anything.

Ellie looks like she's 20 in that poster

>That being said the story was pretentious as fuck
The marketing campaign was pretentious as fuck. Seeing it win so many game of the year of the awards made people question it. Actually playing it (after getting a grasp on the controls) seemed alright. It wasn't until the later portions of the game that it really picked up.

It has good story and great characters - something that a white man would like, not a farming simulator of some shitty monsters made by yellow people for gooks.

ellie was like what, 16 in the first game?

>this guy thinks people "die of natural causes" at 56

>Goddamn it fuck this board all you pretentious fedora-wearing fuckers couldn't spot a good game if it slapped you across the face and fucked your mother's asshole in front of you.

Kiddies discovered From Shitware games and attack everything else now.

nu-Sup Forums.

Considering the ending, I'm pretty sure multiple hit squads were called on Joel.

THE LAST OF US? MORE LIKE THE FAGS OF US

OH BOII!
vilket

It's funny because From still makes actual good vidya games unlike naughtyhacks who hasn't made a good to decent game since Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin left, fuck off to reddit you underage pleb.

Damn dude that Youtube thumbnail you downloaded really fooled me!

14 or 15 actually.

i thought they said they where gonna do a prequel that is about ellie's mother

>the tone and dramatics were far too self serious and try-hard for "m-muh emotions" for a zombie story with a focus on character development.
So anything that has a dark tone and takes itself seriously to have emotional stakes is bad?

>it's like they went into it specifically planning to get people posting screencaps on reddit saying things like "I...I can't...just...wow."
With your logic, this can be said about literally any movie, game, tv show or novel that's dramatic. AKA, you're making stupid assumptions about things based on your contrarianism against le Reddit boogeyman.

>b-but it's too serious!
Why is that a bad thing? Not everything has to be a fucking harem anime.

>fuck this board

Then go to neogaf, newfag, discuss your casual trash there

it's because retards like you that hail it as the best thing ever.

"You know, Ellie, we really are The Last of Us 2™."

Oh don't get me wrong, the praise made it sound like the second coming of Christ, but I tried to judge it on its own merits and overall found it not too shabby. I liked how it didn't try and make a joke about it, allowed it to have a suspension of disbelief and let me get invested in the world.

lesbian grown up ellie when? cant wait for more purest form of love scenes.

>It's funny because From still makes actual good vidya games unlike naughtyhacks who hasn't made a good to decent game since Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin left, fuck off to reddit you underage pleb.

It's funny because The Last of US and Uncharted 4 are x10 times better than a pile of shit such as BB and DaS3.

Is this real?
I remeber TLoU fans said they wouldn't want a sequel

>Oh don't get me wrong, the praise made it sound like the second coming of Christ, but I tried to judge it on its own merits and overall found it not too shabby.
I have the same feelings about the game

mfw

>using pretentious to describe something
wew

I can't wait for more incredibly shitty AI.

youtube.com/watch?v=B90frJAHoB8

Never fails to make me laugh

>defending TLoU
>calling anybody new

wew

>implying they could find him at Tommy's
>implying Joel could't just flamethrower them/revolver them/shiv them

Unless they get saved by the power of cutscenes like how the zombies were fucking Nemesis-tier in RE2's opening, they wouldn't stand a chance.

>That being said the story was pretentious as fuck.
The story is actually touching and emotional and if you disliked the chemistry between them then you are retarded or just too young to handle such stories and should stay away.

Probably the most well developed relationship i've seen in vidya.

You are obviously newfag 3rd worlder though.

>Hear about TLOU
>Don't own a PS3
>Watch some youtubefag play it through
>Enjoy it
And I'll do the same if this is real

PC gaming.

Never been to neogaf, pretty sure I been here longer than you, which is a sad thing.

>casual game
>le hardcore games for me cause I'm a hardcore gamer

Kys

>good game
>best game ever

There's a difference between calling it a shit game, a good game and the best game ever you fedora-wearing autist.

>this weak ass bait

Come on son, at least put some effort

I'm poor
I'll emulate crash 1 or something
the irony, g-get it ?

>still no source
I believe you, OP.

Hey i remember this game.
barely.

>Not on PC
>Sony exclusive
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE SONYGGERS

did you expect anything else from Sup Forums?

As long as it would have the same multiplayer I would be happy. I sank more hours into it than I ever thought I would, it was pretty good.

purest love.
nobody hates woman like woman, and nothing show's that more than lesbian relationships.

Fug. I hope they didn't make her too old. She was the perfect age in the first one.

hopefully this will make everyone see how shit the first one is

what?

>So anything that has a dark tone and takes itself seriously to have emotional stakes is bad?
no you retarded faggot, it can be done, they just didn't do it.

>With your logic, this can be said about literally any movie, game, tv show or novel that's dramatic. AKA, you're making stupid assumptions about things based on your contrarianism against le Reddit boogeyman.
you're so retarded i'm beginning to think you actually are from reddit. ever hear of oscar bait? this was oscar bait in shitty video game blog form. it had hacky, predictable writing that was trying way too hard to be overly emotional for what it was.

>Why is that a bad thing? Not everything has to be a fucking harem anime.
again, you dork, it isn't inherently a bad thing when it's done right. when they go in there with the intent of making people "feel feels" and start getting hamfisted with strained bullshit, then yeah, it's a bad thing.

Ahh a new film to add on my netflix!

The gameplay was an average third person shooter.
>mature games for mature gamers such as myself
No elli we da reel monstahs is babby's first moral story with muh daughterfu bait tacked on.

i felt like the story got way too much praise because it really wasn't that good, but the game overall and especially the gameplay get WAY too much shit.

let's put it this way, it was a fun game, but if it were a movie it'd be a fucking shitty movie.

oh are we going to do this meme now with that word too?

Uncharted 4 is a good game

>touching
kys

>pretty sure I've been here longer than you
>defending nuNaughty Dogfaggotry

Sure you have, maybe i got sucked in in a parallel world this morning, the grass is blue and casual cinematic shitfest are good.

I think he forgot his maymay arrows

>this guy thinks Joel would only be 56 by a sequel to the game.

Not a bad way to put it. I agree. I still feel like Joel is an incredibly solid protagonist, but the thing is still a game at heart, and I wouldn't want to see it as a movie.

>arrows
>implying memes aren't just handfuls of shit

Can't wait for a 8/10 game to be shit all over by Sup Forums again just because reddit likes it.

>hear the last of us is one of the greatest games in years
>play the ps4 version
>plays like uncharted with zombies
>plot is okay but not that engaging
>ending doesn't go with the stereotypical jesus sacrifice
I was genuinely surprised with how they ended it, really thought they were gonna have one of them die. Though my question is what could they possibly make a sequel about?

i was going off what the other guy said about ellie only being 20 there ya dunce
>joel was in his 50s in the first game
>ellie looks 20 there, joel must be dead by old age!
>he'd really only be in his mid 50s-early 60s

have sex, knucklehead.

I'll always remember the day the Left Behind DLC came out because of three things:

1) Ellie was revealed to be gay, or possibly bi
2) Ellen Paige, the woman Ellie was initially based on, came out as gay
3) This all happened on Valentine's Day

I could not stop laughing for at least half an hour when I found out Ellen Paige came out in real-life and in-game mere hours apart, maybe even less than that I can't quite recall.

I played the game and it was not memorable. the only good thing the game had going for was the graphics. also the multiplayer got boring fast. the game is definitely playable but nothing special or worthy of any praise.

THE ARROW!

I still haven't played the left behind DLC, it came with the PS4 version and I still haven't mustered the motivation to play it.

>minus bullets randomly going through cover
You know there's such a thing as bullet penetration?

You're obviously a shitposter trying to fit in

It's mostly a walking simulator dlc. Too short to be worth paying for but it helps build her character a bit more.

I feel like it could/should have been inserted as a flashback in the main game rather than as a separate entity.

It's a bit of a past/present kind of thing. The majority of it is just playing with Riley in a mall and the few present scenes are the only ones with any fighting. It's kind of short and not essential unless you want to see the interactions between Riley and Ellie and find out why Ellie mopes over her the entire game.

Bites the dust soon

>>this guy thinks people "die of natural causes" at 56
In a world where they have to stay on the move all the time with no medical treatment that's a real possibility

I don't even own a PS4, but I did like the first game on PS3.

Don't care anyway. It's just gonna be "Ellie: The Game" while Joel is just dead or something. They were cool together, but you're not just gonna kill off Joel between the sequels just because you forgot to make him conveniently die in the first game.

I actually agreed with Joel's decision. Imagine sacrificing a friend because some retard alleges he can make a pill that cures cancer.

if cancer became so widespread and was airborne and also ended up in the breakdown of society as we know it, I'd still do it

It's not cool to like From anymore though, it's too popular now

>Joel is Post-Apocalyptic Don Quixote
Holy fuck. That is MIND BLOWINGLY pretentious and dumb. Holy fuck, Sessler has fallen so damn far.

TLOU 2 needs to be announced soon, the PS4 is halfway through it's life cycle, so a fall 2017 release can only be kept secret so long

TLoU was pretty fun tho, and most of the dialogue was delivered while playing rather than cutscenes.