ITT: Fuck you I liked it

ITT: Fuck you I liked it

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/3211/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a lot of people liked fusion. Its harder to find people that DIDNT like it, or hated it for something other than muh linearity

The bosses and SA-X were 10/10

not-Maridia was garbage

Pretty generic rome shit but I enjoyed it because I like that shit

The deep sector? That was actually the best part of the game.

I like the asscreed games for the same reason.

Generic as shit gameplay but they manage to cover interesting settings in a big budget way that they would otherwise never show up in

>tfw they wasted 2 of my most desired settings in spin offs

If they blow an aztec setting on a spinoff i'll be so pissed

>Bought this
>had a blast
>Marathon'd it a bit, 6 hours
>Hop off and get extreme vertigo
>Can't stand up straight and my vision is spinning

Only reason I can't play it. I love that god damn game.

>All the kiddies who were born after the Gamecube claiming everything from that era sucked (Sunshine, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, Mario Sunshine, Prime)
>Nobody ever seems to insult Fusion

Feels gud mon

The start is a bit slow, but it is good. I liked it. Also, it ends in a cliff hanger....

It's based off the worst alien film other than Prometheus.

Because it didn't sell very well and not a lot of people played it. Plus look at where the series is now, I'd kill to have a game at even the lower level of Fusion at this point.

i liked it too, only for the campaign though, multi felt lackluster compared to 3 and reach even. its when the whole CoD wannabe shit started happening on multiplayer

>Metroid Fusion 1.6 million
>Top selling game on Nintendo's top sales list
>didn't sell well
Fuck off with this meme

Yeah, that's mainly why I posted it, while I don't like the mp, I do like the campaign.

I think Fusion was good, probably my second favorite traditional Metroid game after Super Metroid.

If they'd stop raping the franchise with a rake, they could easily continue from where it left off, with the stereotypical "You didn't ACTUALLY kill them all" and have SA-X start popping up all over the place along with X Parasites, with Samus needing to unfuck everything.

Fusion was overshadowed by prime

*Wind Waker

Prime sold that well because of console bundles, but yes Prime was talked about more because it was a 3D Metroid. Still think a 2D Metroid especially a sequel to Fusion would do well especially on the Switch.

No more X. The story is done, their gimmick has panned out. If it was in 3D it would just be another Dark Samus. The X can be put to bed.

Let's not forget absorbing SA-X restored Samus DNA back to normal so no more Metroid DNA either.

Godawful taste

You don't introduce the potentially galaxy-threatening thing that went out of control because you committed genocide as a one-shot antagonist. It's a perfect plot hook to continue the franchise.

It's also not the same as Dark Samus. If anything, I think you could equate it to the Metroids in Return of Samus, where you need to hunt them all down and exterminate them with various twists, mutations, and them overall being an uncommon enemy, rather than a recurring boss.

Except the Metroids can only be birthed from a Queen, whereas the X reproduce like crazy. They have no natural predators and can effortlessly assimilate any lifeform. You could never hunt them all down if they got off-planet, and I'm pretty sure they realized this when they designed them and that's why you kill all of them in the game. Fusion takes care of the entire species anyway, you have the ones on the station which blew up, and you have the ones on SR388, which also exploded.

sometimes I feel like the only one

AM2R is better

L O L

fukken this

I think Samus was more concerned about an Army of her running around shooting people than the possible contagion. Remember that the Federation has a vaccine and probably stores of the Baby's DNA. The main threat was the SA-X, both because the Federation wanted it and because Samus knew that 10 Samus-es alone would tear them a new ass.

AM2R is the best 2D Metroid UNLESS you played Super with the GBA hack.

Sector 4's underwater section was pretty good.

Kinda sorta. Depends on what you're looking for out of a game.

The X is more infectious than the Thing, it's the assimilation that's dangerous. You can't vaccinate the whole galaxy against it.

>Super with the GBA hack.
Control Freak or something else?

It's not control freak. It makes it play like the GBA games.

romhacking.net/hacks/3211/

I want to disagree but I cant because even playing Super on an emulator with no mods, it was still an absolutely fantasitc game.
I'd love to play it again with the same mechanics as am2r.
No spider ball though because that would spoil the game tbqh

>Heavier physics to closely resemble that of the GBA games
My initial impression is disgusted, but then I read
>General movement is less inhibited, with many new tricks made possible

I'll have to give it a whirl.

You can sequence break so, SO hard with it especially if you're even remotely good at wall jumping.

I am good at wall jumping, that's why I liked the classic physics. Any hack which changes the physics has me sceptical, but this doesn't seem like a naive hack so maybe it's implemented well.

>alien 3 wasn't that bad
>google it to verify this isn't a bullshit fact
>"alien:resurrection"
Oh shit, I forgot that abomination existed.

Japan loved it. It was the highest grossing movie there that year and they single handedly saved it from being a box office bomb.

>The Thing is the worst Alien Film ever made

On what planet?

Maybe I better watch it.

Proof japan never cared about the directing, just the special effects of the franchise.

>The X are partially based on The Thing
>Fusion must be based on The Thing!

No dipshit, Fusion is mostly inspired by resurrection regardless of the parasites.

Last ass creed game I played was 4 and it was pretty alright.

I want to check out Unity despite my better judgement only because virtual Paris looks cool.

I think we all have that one series that no matter how shit it gets we still play all the games, for me it's Resident Evil.

Can't wait for Resi2 remake.

>mostly inspired by resurrection
It's used to justify Samus' immunity to X and nothing else. Beyond that, the whole game is about the X assimilating stuff.

Yeah but that assimilation aspect never comes into play until the very end when you fight the SA-X and it goes it turns into an abomination. Everything else you fight in the game is exactly the same as it was before being assimilated, it's just that they turn into an x/x-core when they die.

Fusion takes way more from Alien Resurrection than it does The Thing.

The X are just a plot device that are no different then the escaped xenomorphs in the film.

The main point of the game in terms of plot is that the federation (Weyland-Yutani) was running a metroid cloning operation and the ultimate threat at the end of the day was still a metroid.

At least pick a shit game.

Well, it's a good game so it should be liked.I mean, it is the only Metroid game I have ever beaten.

>Yeah but that assimilation aspect never comes into play until the very end when you fight the SA-X and it goes it turns into an abomination.
The entire body of the story is about the X assimilating stuff. There's a major plot point about halfway through the game which notes that the X are so dangerous because they assimilate knowledge.
The Metroid stuff only matters at the beginning and end, whereas the X and their abilities are always present and responsible for driving the story..

>The main point of the game in terms of plot is that the federation (Weyland-Yutani) was running a metroid cloning operation and the ultimate threat at the end of the day was still a metroid.
That's the other bit of inspiration from Alien Resurrection.

There's also the Federation coming at the end to capture the X + SA-X, but that gives me Alien 3 vibes more than anything.

>the ultimate threat at the end of the day was still a metroid.
You mean Samus?

How come 20th Century Fox didn't sue them?

You're missing the point, it's barely The Thing at all. The X superficially resemble the thing because they infect, mimic and morph. Except in their case their morphing ability is limited to the genes of their former host and the "infection" is more like consuming and then taking the form rather than just making thing "become it" like the thing.

The structure of the game still follows resurrections basic plot with minor differences.

SA-x even has more in common in terms of role with The Child than it does with the thing. You already know SA-X is your clone, it's more of a reference to the "swap" Ripley shared with her hybrid spawn.

> there are people who actually dislike this game
they probably prefer REACH

>Except in their case their morphing ability is limited to the genes of their former host and the "infection" is more like consuming and then taking the form rather than just making thing "become it" like the thing.
That's exactly how the Thing works. It consumes the biomatter of its prey and then mimics it. Both the X and the Thing are able to recall the forms of their past prey and mimic any one of them, or a combination of them.

The SA-X attacks almost gave me heart attacks, good times

But fusion was a good game

The thing doesn't consume bio matter, it infects it and the creature become a part of it.

While it can take the form of prior prey, they give no indication that it's limited in the forms it can take. We see it make any anatomical changes it pleases, using prior prey traits to seemingly cut costs (In example, the head spider form sprouts a new set of eyes that are human)

X parasites enter a host and then start reproducing using the host as food. It's eaten to the bone and the parasite spawn disperse, using it's prey's dna to form a mimic, though depending on their parents hosts the dna gets mixed up and they take the form of hybrids.

Yeah but whenever you beat an X in the game, it just turns back into an X, they never transform again or into different forms that might be more advantageous while you're fighting them. The assimilation aspect never really plays much of a role in the game. The SA-X could have just been some random alien that stole Samus' suit+powerups and the rest of the enemies just non-assimilated and nothing would change.

The Metroid thing isn't actually of much consequence. Hell it's entire point is Adam accidentally making a Freudian slip and saying ONE SA-X had died leading to the revelation that the mission was doomed from the start and the Federation were planning to capture the SA-X instead.

>Everything else you fight in the game is exactly the same as it was before being assimilated
For the most part, though there are hybrid enemies like the slime zombies and the space pirate fish.

>Yeah but whenever you beat an X in the game, it just turns back into an X, they never transform again or into different forms that might be more advantageous while you're fighting them.
If you let them float around for long enough without absorbing them, they either run away or mimic another creature. You have to exploit that at certain points of the game.

>The SA-X could have just been some random alien that stole Samus' suit+powerups and the rest of the enemies just non-assimilated and nothing would change.
But then the Sector 3 meltdown subplot and the ending completely fall apart.

I think you should watch the movie again, there's a scene which shows how the Thing cells ingest regular cells and then mimic then.

Why should anybody be mad? It was a good game with some good ideas. SA-X chasing you was 10/10

>We see it make any anatomical changes it pleases, using prior prey traits to seemingly cut costs
But this happens for the X too. Don't you remember the fish-Pirate hybrids in sector 5?

And the Jumping Super SA-X...thing. And Ridley X, and the Core X that steals the suit data and becomes a gigantic monster.

>Jumping Super SA-X...thing
That was based on the hornoad-X that infects you in the game's intro.

SWTOR.

I've never been so hyped in my entire life and played every hour with a smile on my fucking face.