Hey fuckers. It has just occurred to me that The Game Awards is only a few days from now...

Hey fuckers. It has just occurred to me that The Game Awards is only a few days from now. Will they show any new games this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qu2C3A2q-sI
youtube.com/watch?v=LxHC7JXZaW4
youtu.be/UIuC_grsFb8?t=9m43s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

where's the mmorpg category geoff?

Kojima special guest and overwatch goty

>not uncharted 4

Okay.
Uncharted 4 special guest and Overwatch GOTY

I just hope the king of /v confronts him again.

Pissed Jose?

I think he said on twitter there will be some game reveals.

overwatch gets best esport or best multiplayer

Tim schaefer will make a special appearance and announce he ran out of money for psychonauts 2 and needs you to go to his ponzi scheme back site and pledge more money

>inside nominated for literally everything

almost as pretentious as real awards shows now. theyve come a long way from spike i guess.

They usually announce some new things don't they?

>204863 are co-ords to the bermuda triangle (gz helicopter crash) and iceland (ds trailer location)
>the pt radio talks about gateways to alternate dimensions (mg survive, norman reedus's necklace), the men in the sky and how "they" have been manipulating media, don't trust the news (the patriots / konami-kojima controversy)
>moby dick was released without an epilogue, the epilogue was included in later iterations
>kojima has posted an IRL silent hill health drink several times
>has made several tweets referencing "3"'s, like how much he loved the killing tv show but was disappointed how there was no season 3 (there was)
>the second low roar album is called zero and has songs on it such as "phantoms", "don't stop (chapter 1)" and "don't stop (chapter 2)"
>before GZ was even released low roar asked kojima if they could make music for him, point being he could've had this included in the ruse because they asked this before the konami / kojima rumors dropped
>the pt radio even talks about norman reedus hanging himself with an umbilical cord
>time winters (zero) narrates the mg survive gameplay, zero is literally showing us his latest experiment
>when asked about the cancelled silent hills project on stage with Mark Cerny kojima quickly developed a massive shit eating grin, started acting really agitated, both him and mark cerny started cracking up
>ford commerical called the phantom stars mads having a face transplant in cyprus wearing glasses kojima tweeted called 1985
>new playstation ad has the old kojima productions logo in the background
Then check out the poster. PT. Reverse Death Stranding. You get SD.
PT + SD
PTSD
The events of Phantom Pain were a coma nightmare. Death Stranding IS Silent Hills. On top of that the REAL MGS5 will be coming out next year.

>Confronts
Sorry senpai but Geoff "The Spic Slayer" Keighley is based af, he tore Angry Antonio a new one and public humiliated his ass

Two of the premieres are Mass Effect Andromeda gameplay and the new Gearbox game (Likely a new Duke Nukem).

Microsoft has been saying they "May have some surprises". Could be just the trailer for the Horizon 3 Snow expansion though. It's been rumored Nintendo may reveal the title and show a gameplay trailer of Mario Switch as well (Why likely Dorito pope pulled Uranium and AMR2 because Nintendo wanted to reveal something).

No Sony reveals though, since PSX is that weekend.

I looked at the nominees and I can't even pretend to care. Normally I'll watch just for "lol game awards dorito pope what a gas" and that time with Joel McHale was actually really funny, but.

I just don't care this time.

Spoilers: Overwatch wins lol

Still salty over the removal of AM2R and Pokemon Uranium from the best fan creation category
It was inevitable because Nintendo was sponsoring the event, but it still stings.

It's a polished game. The real offender would be something like Virginia.

Why do you guys hate Geoff Keighley so much? Since the goygate disaster, he has literally been the last credible video game journalist on the planet.

>hold right and jump occasionally
>SO DEEP STORY WOW MANKIND IS EVILLLLL :00000

>Golden Joyistick award for best game went to Dark Souls 3

Finalist for The Game Awards
>Overwatch, fps
>Doom 4, fps
>Titanfall, shit fps
>Uncharted third person shooter
>Inside aka worst indie of the year
In other words, western shooting garbage by 3 of the biggest fucking companies around + shitty indie because "muh lights" "muh ambient"

This is a fucking sellout.
>Overwatch
>

But we don't hate him? Exactly for the reasons you mentioned.

where do I vote

what the fuck

I just wanna know if the bud light bishop makes a return

>GOTY
Overwatch or Uncharted 4. In reality, it should be Final Fantasy XV, but for some reason, Geoff doesn't want to wait a week for FFXV and TLG to come out. Dark Souls 3 or Xenoblade Chronicles X are also better than all the shit listed.

>Best studio / game direction
I hate all these picks. Fucking western biased as hell. I guess Respawn since TitanFall 2 is the one game from the list I have the least problems with.

>Best Narrative
Uncharted 4

>Best Art Direction
I'd go with Uncharted 4, but I can see any of the games winning, which sucks because Inside looks like trash.

>Best music / sound design
Thumper is going to win because Geoff has been shilling for it.

>Best performance
Nolan North as Drake

>Games for Impact
The people who thought up this category and all those who worked on games in this category are faggots.

>Best Indie Game
Based on other awards, Geoff is trying shill Firewatch big time, but I hope Stardew Valley wins.

>Best mobile / handheld
Pokemon Go, and honestly, I'd be 100% okay with Pokemon Go winning GOTY

>Best VR game
Thumper, because of Geoffshilling

>Best Action Game
Literally all shooters, wow. Uncharted 4, which is like the only real action game here, is not even listed. Overwatch I guess.

>Best Action Adventure Game
Okay, Uncharted 4 is here.

>Best RPG
XCX or DS3

>Best FIGHTAN
SFV will win, but really, KoFXIV is better

>Best Family
Pokemon GO

>Best Strategy
Civ VI or XCOM 2

>best sports
lol who cares?

>best multi
Overwatch

ha
waw
no
dude is a living shill. his body is just a hollow cavity to be filled with sponsorship deals.

>last credible video game journalist on the planet.
>literally product-placement, the person

He comes across as a bit of a fuckstick but he's genuine. Furious Fernando did get shoved aside unreasonably when he just wanted the Dorito Pope to answer how his show could improve.

user I...

That's part of why he's trustworthy. He'll always say good things about games. He's predictable. You know what he's up to and he doesn't hide it. Other people do things like give their friend's game a 10 because collusion

>mfw Overmeme gets best MP when Titanfall 2 clearly deserves it

Geoff was busy as fuck because he was the producer of a show that took weeks to organise and cost over a million to produce for a big multinational company so when some Seven Dollar Sanchez with a cheap go pro is rolling up and saying "Why are you so crap" then you are going to put that little puta in his place.

Geoff was totally right to tell Joe to fuck off.

He's not wrong. As bad as Geoff is, he's still the least bad video game journalist in the West (that has a voice)

He doesn't let personal opinion or morals/agendas cloud his judgment, ever.

>awards shows

This show only exists as a way for big to use shills to pat themselves on the back

If you are planning on watching TGA then you are ACTUALLY the cancer killing video games

Geoff Keighley may be a gigantic tool and corporate sellout, but he's light years away from the type of corruption prevalent in the industry today

If fucking overwatch unironically wins any awards, gaming is dead

they were fun when they were trainwrecks.

now its less spike forcing geoff to hang out awkwardly with community guy and tyler the creator and more "games that make low test males cry"

Dude, there are much worse things to watch. At least this one doesn't have rap music and stupid shit like that. There's more to award shows than award. There might be speeches and special appearances, maybe even some Kojima news

>big

big businesses* oh lord kill me now

I'll just wait for Crowbcat's video

kojima will have nothing to show off for years.

That'd be something wouldn't it.

The ruse started at Dorito Pope's VGA show years ago when the Moby Dick studio unveiled the Phantom Pain trailer. It will end this year in December at the VGAs.

I hope Uncharted 4 doesn't win anything, especially GOTY. I'm okay with other choices, even other PS exclusives, but Naughty Dog should not be given awards for being cancerous cunts who produce shitty movie games and outright REFUSE to make another great platformer like Crash or Jak. Uncharted 4 is The Force Awakens of video games - it's a beautiful, overproduced, super safe garbage which has super generic story, pushes leftist propaganda, and was made to pander to as many normies as possible instead of having some integrity to do something different.

DOOM also shouldn't get GOTY, regardless of it's singleplayer campaign which was pretty good, because Bethesda is shit and multiplayer is fucking garbage, which fuses worst parts of COD or Halo.

From all the choices (which are not good to be honest) GOTY should be Overwatch, because at least with this game I have parts of fun. This year was mediocre, while many games were not outright shit, it's hard to think of a really good one, unless you count ports or remasters.

I never got what was so wrong with the whole Dorito pope thing.

Let's put it this way; would you rather have food (or basically any non-gaming company) sponsor your gaming award shows, or the actual gaming companies themselves?

MARGE

youtu.be/Qu2C3A2q-sI

Maybe they shouldn't do the award shows at all, because gaming still feels like a corporate joke. You don't see movie announcements at Oscars or TV show announcements announcements at Emmy's.

I mean, TGA still feels like one big ass corporate advertisement, the removal of AM2R and Uranium from fan game nomination proves that.

Most of the media (Where the judges come from) thought UC4 didn't hold up at all in a second playthrough, there were better looking PC games and the multi was underwhelming as fuck a long time back in the summer. While Overwatch and Doom have been continually been praised. (Somewhat like the reaction to Uncharted 3 which got pounded by Skyrim and Saints Row 3 that year)

Overwatch will likely win it. People are still playing and enjoying it. If UC4 wins it because "Muh metascore and muh social justice" then the game industry deserves to burn for letting such a god awful mediocre AAA that only brought in a sliding mechanic and reduced combat compared to its prequels for extra walking sim sections be called "GOTY"

>You don't see movie announcements at Oscars or TV show announcements announcements at Emmy's.
and that would be bad because...?
it's not like the Oscars or Emmy's were government funded, or some event dedicated to charity. it's the industry pandering to the industry, in hopes that the industry keeps growing.

I'm hyped for the inevitable Crowbcat vid

He said no when somebody asked about it during the tetris stream i believe.

The Oscars is far more full of product placement during the actual show (Like that infamous Samsung Selfie tweet. Nintendo even had a product placement one year) and they do play movie trailer teasers for films months out on the commercial breaks.

As much as people complain about TGA being a big advertisement. It's way honest with itself compared to the Oscars or the Grammys.

not to mention the trailers playing when the nominated films are showcased is a huge opportunity to tell the public to see them. in case they win, it only drives the point forward.
the same goes with actors and companies, all it tells for consumers is that they should look forward to whatever these people will work on next.

>No Corpse Party 3DS for best Handheld Game
>No God Eater 2: Rage Burst for best Action/Adventure
>No Nekopara Vol. 2 for GOTY

Shit list desu ne

advertising doesn't exist solely for promoting products, it can also be used to push forward brands and professionals.

can't wait for crowbcat to shit on it

When is it exactly?

n/m, just looked it up. Midnight GMT on 2 December

Ovetwatch will win and there won't be bosman to kick battleborn corpse

>nippie nop no-name games
>ports

LOL
O
L

>no final bosman to talk about the Game Awards this year
youtube.com/watch?v=LxHC7JXZaW4

Hahahaha what a fucking loser

my favorite part from last year
youtu.be/UIuC_grsFb8?t=9m43s

i completely forgot that they got JOOST to perform

i bet Kojima was tearing up back in Nippon

Jeff Keighley is a hack , a shill. Just watch Angry Joe's review of it.

you're so dense

Doom is pretty good. Probably one of the only shooters I've actually enjoyed, but we all know Uncharted has this.

If Pokemon GO won GOTY the collective asshurt of every Sony Brony on the internet would be enough to fuel me for years.

>pushes leftist propaganda
What fucking "leftist propaganda" does it push?
Oh no, a woman beats the shit out of you it's a Marxist conspiracy.

I mean the Uncharted series is fucking garbage but try to have some integrity here.

More importantly,
HOW MANY LAYERS??

Splatoon won best Shooter last year