I'm about to play Dark Souls 3 because I got it on sale on black friday. The only other game I played was Bloodborne

I'm about to play Dark Souls 3 because I got it on sale on black friday. The only other game I played was Bloodborne.

What am I in for.

Lots of dodging, similar to bloodborne but a bit slower pace, also a bit more expansive maps and searching around for secrets because Illusory walls are actually in the base game.

aesthetics, and maybe some fun

Pros of DS3:

>great bosses
>controls well and fast like bloodborne
>level design is good
>looks good
>has more build variety than bloodborne
>good enemy design and placement

The cons:

>apparently bad pvp
>dumb lore like DS2
>people have grievances with linearity and fast healing, but Bloodborne also does

Basically medieval Bloodborne.

Just play the game jesus fucking christ.

Thanks guys!

inferior level design, weapons, bosses, music, lore, story, characters

>great bosses
weakest of the four souls games.

Also fuck you

The worst souls game, prove me wrong

Fuck you.

You want to be spoonfed go to a soup kitchen you faggot.

Is this bait? DS3 bosses are easily funner and more inspired than AT LEAST DS2. You could argue Bloodborne and maybe DS1 have better bosses (probably not DS1) but DS2 obviously has the weakest boss design. Bosses outright lifted from DS1 / Demon Souls, lazy gank-fests, and too many big knights with shit hitboxes.

Dark Souls 2

It's a great game but not as good as 1 or 2. Imo 1 is the best.

yeah dude, it has nothing on gank squad, dragon god or ceaseless discharge

List of great DS3 bosses with cool lore:
>Abyss Watchers
>Dancer of the Boreal Valley
>Pontiff Sullyvahn
>Aldritch Devourer of Gods
>Oceiros, Consumed King
>Champion Gundyr
>Twin Princes
>Nameless King
>Soul of Cinder
>Sister Friede and Father Ariandel

List of great DS2 bosses:
>Looking Glass Knight
>maybe Throne Watcher and Defender
>Lost Sinner
>Demon of Song
>Vendrick
>Dark Lurker
>Ivory King

So true, DaS3 has nothing on the bed of chaos or the one reborn

bigger levels with more details put into them
bosses on par with bb's ones and sometimes even surpassing them
a little different base mechanics with slightly slower pace and more restricted healing system you need to upgrade instead of instantly having an access to 20 vials
less interesting weapons unless you go into dlc and get yourself literal black keys from nasuverse
fun and a bit clusterfuck-y pvp, just don't take it serious
not as atmospheric as bb and has a less interesting lore though
overall a really solid game even though it's a bit weaker than bb, mostly because From was restricted in terms of setting and mechanics as it's a direct sequel of another game

almost all ds2 bosses from your list are dogshit though, especially shit like vendrick, nerfed sinner or defender and watcher
ds2 is by far the weakest souls game in terms of bosses

Memes

Dark Souls 3 will disappoint you. It will warrant 1 play-through if you want to scratch the itch that bloodborne left you upon completion.

I was disappointed, being that bloodborne was the the only souls series game that I played prior to dark souls 3. I can say late game dark souls 3 is better than mid game dark souls 3, so just stick it out.

Still better than three, at least it tried new shit instead of rehashing every single thing

Fan Service: Prepare to Rehash still better than DaS2

>level design is good
God no. The entire game after High Wall is hyper-linear and garbage, with precisely 2 branches at the Swamp and Irithyll. But otherwise, the game is literally corridor into corridor into open, but linear area that might as well be a corridor with different aesthetics.

I agree with you but it just further proves his point: Dark Souls 2 bosses are shit.

yea, it's kinda faggy. Just play the game. Your opinion should matter somewhat, right, snowflake?

He said the level design not the world design you twat. Dark Souls 1 is the only souls game with good world design. Dark Souls 3 level design is fantastic. I suppose you're going to tell me Dark Souls 2 had good level design now?

>linear
>bad

When will this meme end

That's not level design, moron

>precisely 2 branches
What about the branch at the High Wall?

0/10 post, not enough hyperboles

It did. Pre-patch Shrine of Amana.

Linear isn't necessarily bad, it is bad though when one of the best parts of the original was it's openness

Expect a game worse than BB in basically every respect.

Any anons want to start low level fight club?

Shitton of references that you won't get, playing DS1 and 2 is recommended because the third one is almost a love letter to them

the only people that think DaS3 has bad pvp (in comparison to other games) are qualityshitters who only use greatswords and can't win without their crutch. the pvp is as good or bad as DaS2, minus the super gamebreaking shit like helixodon or double buff MLGS.

Original souls game was extremely linear.
DS1 is the only game that has an overlapping level design and it dies after the first half of the game.
And while DS3 ditched it, it fully compensated it with fantastic individual level design which is probably the best one in series.

>branch at the High Wall
You also forgot the branch in Catacombs.

Play the other's first, please.
Start with 2, because it's the worst and therefore won't detract from the next one you play, which should be 1.

It does have bad PvP. It's like Bloodborne with more people, everyone has a ton of health and healing and the inability to combo people to death means that fights go on forever.

I still think DaS2, as bad as it was, had the best PvP out of any of the games. It had variety and fights didn't drag on forever.

Yeah the gameplay in DaS2 wasn't as refined, but the interactions with other people were much better

it sounds to me that your build is shit, mate
people die in ds3 extremely fast, even more so if you learn true combos and rollcatches and learn to punish stupid shit like third hit parry attempt

now in ds2 a typical host could stack an enormous amount of disgusting crutches, he could disable backstabs for fuck's sake, this alone made ds2 the worst game when it came to pvp because your gear meant way more than your skill

>pre patch
You focking wot?

Soul memory alone discards all "interactions with other people" ds2 had
And that's just a cherry on top of a giant pile of shit that is a DS2's pvp, from insanely short invasion time limit up to a garbage level design obviously not taking invasions into account so you could spawn in such a position reaching the host would be impossible because you can't open most doors or control most of the elevators, or, hell, even simply phase through the fucking enemies like in other souls games.

DS2 is a game for duelfaggots, only they give it at least some praise, for everyone else it was horrible as well as duelfaggotry itself as it's just a boring passive battle of attrition where the most aggressive one loses most of the time.

spoken like a true cod gen mlg pvp shitter. back in the day we pvp'd for fun with stupid shit like scraping spear and soulsucker, not for muh e-sport diablo ear collection simulator.

Invasions had a time limit? Also adaptabity alone will forever place 2 in the shit heap for me.

>dark souls PvP
>skill

>we pvp'd for fun
and the thing is, it's impossible to have fun in ds2 invasions
remember all the catacombs bridges dickery you could do in ds1? well fuck you, you can't use any switches as an invader in ds2, that includes entirety of shulva which makes it nearly impossible to invade there

only good ds2 bosses on your list were dar lurker and ivory king.
Sir Alonne is the best ds2 boss, and one of the best bosses in the whole series.

>Invasions had a time limit
Yes, around 900 seconds from what i remember. Extremely dumb if host summons butt buddies, not only you're outnumbered, can't get away from them because your character can't open most of the doors, they will win simply by waiting and turtling at the bonfire where you have no chance against multiple r1 spammers.

>one of the best bosses in the whole series
lolno, he's a generic ds2 humanoid, slightly better than others aesthetics-wise, still generic and predictable as fuck compared to something like Orphan or Friede or Firstborn

t. someone who didn't equip just a dagger and the monastery scimitar or hexes

A straight fucking line

>Looking Glass Knight
Why do people like him again? Is it his summons from the shield schtick? He looks badass but his moves are piss easy.

yeah soul memory was shit.
DS3 was the game where I had the most fun with pvp from all the souls games. Sure the area invading covenants weren't great and the blueberry fags never worked propertly (as always) but the areas where those invations took place were awesome, specially the swamp, and playing grape fag was fun as fuck. Plus full orb from the very early game and jolly co-opinvation as a sunfag. Shit was fun.

Also, best pacing in the series

There's really not much to chose from. Most bosses are just as easy but don't even look good

They really don't compared to DaS1 or 2.

Like your webm shows, they fall out of hitstun on the third hit so if he hadn't been retarded and tried to parry, he would've gotten out of it, rolled away, healed, and then proceed to do the same thing again for the next twenty engagements.

anyone have a bigger version of this image? i want to make a more accurate version of it

You've only played Bloodborne? Don't you think you should try other video games?

l1 acts like a damn good roll catch, it's not easy to roll out of it
trying to heal against quills is pointless, he would either get fucked before even starting the estus animation or all his healing would be cancelled by its combos

I had fun in Dark Souls 3 PvP. Hyper Armor on big weapons is nice.

I figured that might have something to do with it. Everything about him is cool minus the actual fighting, but maybe I'm being unfair because I was late to the game and kept hearing how badass he was. A bit of a letdown.

contrary to popular opinion, greathammers are pure sex during invasions, especially on lower levels and especially shit like great club which rapes people raw

What big weapons can't be parried if 2handed?

>Bloodborne
>linear
Like half the areas are optional

UGS, maces and axes

ugs with horizontal swings
greathammers with the exception of pickaxe (though pickaxe is still the best greathammer)
greataxes

How's this play on PC? I got it on PS4 but might jump ship if there's enough reason to.

>can be swung 3 times at most
>few have combos
>none are powerful enough to one shot at higher level and the damage can be healed with one sip
Nah

Pretty solid 60fps, not much other difference.

60 fps is the only difference.

A pretty fun game has it's flaws and is a tad bit easier than BB but overall good.

Hmm, I'll wait to see how I feel during its next sale then.

Settlement is goat tier, it surpassed Sen's Funhouse as my favorite souls area.And it's amazing that there are 3 other areas in DaS3 are as excellent as it. (Cathedral, Dungeon and Archives)

I can't play with big boy weapons: the post

The only time they can one shot is after a parry or shield break. Their hyper armor is stupid. Not to mention the poise booster weapon art of Vordt's Greatmace.

When I was PvP farming for the various things needed to get all achivements, I was winning match after match with greathammers. Webm related. Caestus parrying aside (only thing reliable enough to reaction parry with given connection lag with host) I was a wrecking ball of hate. Stre+HP.

This kill happened after killing 2 other summons of the host. 3 including the havel. So yes I was pissy and wanted the host dead now.

Pre patch Amana was the stuff of nightmares.

>Irithyll dungeon
>good

>I can win against shitters
So can everyone else

together with propaned capital it's one amazing interconnected level with lots of shit going on for it

Here's another. GreatClub was a blast. It's charged heavy attacks had some sick range on them. More so than people ever gave it credit. Easy 600 damage.

It's almost as good as Latria. The only problem is that the jailers have a shitty attack animation that can feel cheap some times.

It's okay, except for THOSE 2 ROOMS

>the pvp is as good or bad as DaS2
Not even close.

->sometimes
>if they connect they can pin you to the ground and fry your ads and if by some miracle you live you can't heal
>sometimes
The only enemies more bullshit than those pieces of shit are winter bells in BB.

Ariandel is awesome as well.

Fuck yes, for sure. I just forgot about it since I only played it once. But again. I was thinking more about vanilla.

When you say cathedral and archives, do you mean aesthetics or level design?

>DUDE REMEMBER DEMON'S SOULS?
>DUDE REMEMBER DARK SOULS?
>DUDE STRAIGHTSWORDS ARE BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER WEAPON
>DUDE MAGIC IS COMPLETE SHIT
>DUDE POISE IS A STAT BUT IT DOES NOTHING
Basically this

>GreatClub
My fucking man. I main that every first playthrough of a souls game and it's always a blast.

shut up nerd lmao

all your garbage info it either incorrect or grossly outdated so eat shit and get the fuck out

It shouldn't be too much work to like, copy it in paint real quick.

I'd do it but I'm on a phone.

He's not wrong, not that I dislike the game but, still.

Mostly design, but I do love the aesthetics of both (except for the inside of the Cathedral, fuck that slimy shit)

I'm a quality shitter with a Greatsword and I kill the shit out of people in PvP. Shit is fun as hell

>point down
You piece of shit.

>le dark souls is hard meme

Anyone with any experience in a game where you actually have to pace yourself will catch on quick to any dark souls game.

Fuck bloodborne was my first souls game and once I got passed the initial mob and learned the controls I basically never died outside of pvp (and even then I remember killing my literal first opponent with my bare damn hands, and he had the huge poison wheel thing)

DaS was literally a clone of DeS but no one complained, das2fags and shitposters couldn't find a lot of bad in this game so they are complaining that it's a sequel.

>Fuck bloodborne was my first souls game
Underage, fucking leave

Oh, well, FUCK YOU AND EVERYONE WHO LIKES GRAND ARCHIVES