H O W

How can a C-Tier WiiU game look better than a AAA PS4 game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fblid23KEho
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Monolith Soft are actual gods.

more like a AA-tier Wii U game, but basically this Planet Mira is a beautiful masterpiece, but it is a shame it runs at 720p30fps with potatoes for characters, as other than that the game is quite stunning.

Because you're a delusional nintendrone and will buy and praise anything and everything nintendo related.

If liking XCX makes me a nintendrone, then I'll take it as that's better than being one of those obnoxious sony fanboys spamming FFXV threads right now. I own a PC, PS3, PS4, and Wii U btw.

>I'm unable to see with my own eyes which game is prettier
>better call him a drone

/thread

>/thread'ing your own post

Oh lawdy dat sum bullshots? sho is famfam!

X is damned beautiful game like the first Xenoblade, too bad the character models aren't as good as the environments. Still kinda shocked on how that they squeezed that much power out of a Wii U.

it's in-game, example:
youtube.com/watch?v=Fblid23KEho
(skip to about 18 minutes in)

That's no bullshot, XCX bullshots like even better

Better art direction. In my opinion, FFXIII looks better than XCX.

Also, how long until Sup Forums finds out FFXV is on Xbox one? Along with KH3?

im LMAOing at your life

looks like shit
uncharted is better than any game anyways

If you're implying it looks better than FFXV, it doesn't. FFXV's lighting alone makes it look better than XCX.

t. Xenoblade and FF fan

okay how many sony fanboys are in this thread?

>I'm unable to see with my own eyes which game is prettier

Nigger XV is technology wise 50 years ahead.

personally, I only feel the lighting and character models are better in FFXV, the world design and related models (creatures, terrain, etc.) is better in XCX; even animation was better in XCX, and that game's animations were pretty stiff in places, but FFXV's just looks off and often glitchy.

Technology is so far ahead of its time that nobody will be able to like it!!1

Still looks bad though. All that matters is the gameplay and they both deliver.

How many would defend the failure that was the Wii u and its games?

Because a lot of 15 just looks like shit I can go outside and see. Xen X is an alien planet and they went out of their way to show it as such.

>uncharted

stop. Just stop.

>even animation was better in XCX
b8.

XV's animation as literal god tier.

Shame the game has the draw distance of a guy going blind.

is not AA-Tier, tha game had like 1/8 amount of people of working on it compare to XV.

It looks fine for an open world PS4 game. It would be nice to see how it looks on PC, but I bet we'll have to wait 2+ years for a chance of that.

I didn't "defend" anything, I just agreed with OP that the visuals in XCX are a little nicer than FFXV, you fanboy scum should be gassed

Is this a New Vegas screenshot?

Except it doesn't look better.

And no I'm not buying XV because fuck that shit.

This
Its embarrassing that most FFXV screenshots involved that curved rock in the distance because that's as interesting as it gets with this world. Meanwhile XCX has all sorts of eye catching freaky structures you can explore everywhere.

I cant talk about the wiiu version, but the 3ds version was god awful

compared to OP it looks pretty bad, and that's really surprising as OP's pic is of a wii u game with a tiny dev team and shoestring budget by comparison.

>It looks fine for an open world PS4 game.
No, not really.

Literally how? How does a game running at 0.2 TFlops run and look better than a game running at 4.2 TFlop Ps4 Pro

>Xenoblade
>Anime cartoony art style
>720p 30fps

vs.

>FFXV
>Realiistic Artstyle
>1080p 60fps

they are entirely different games user.

user, you know what is a flop right?

p 60fps

PS4?
]:^)

to be fair, FF15 suffered from development hell, which lead to overbudgeting and cutting corners in performance. I'll give it benefit of the doubt (haven't played it yet) and say that it may still have good gameplay.

you must be kidding yourself if you think FF15 looks realistic, even XCX looks more "realistic" (aside from the potato characters pointed out earlier)

p 60fps
BAHAHAHAHAHAH

FFXV

environment is pretty but the have bioware levels of shit character animations

>C-Tier
Retarded Sup Forums hyperbole strikes you for 999999999 HP
You are dead.

Embarassing.

Is that a PS2 game?

Why are so many sony drones trying to defend their multi-billion dollar established franchise on 3 year old hardware against a game with a smaller budget than Mario Tennis, on 12 year old hardware?

FFXV still has a better story, gameplay, music and characters than Shitnoblade
We win again

>60fps
I have a Pro. It's 30fps or lower with frame pacing issues.
>they promised 60fps
Yeah yeah they promised a lot of things. They have yet to achieve it .

>the visuals in XCX are a little nicer than FFXV
Yup, you're delusional fanboy. Xenoshit is also 720p.

>realistic
>60fps
LMAO YOU AUTIST

Why are you lying?

have you actually seen the world in XCX, like at all?

>Better Story
>muh girlfriend dies with less screentime than the car
>muh strong female character didnt do shit
>everyone dies

Fantastic story, beginner writing 101

>One is an irrelevant game on an irrelevant console.

>The other is the hottest game of the year on the best console.

Can't really compare them.

Stay tuned and in 3 hours I'll post a pic of my Pro.

Really?

>FFXV gets bad reviews
>"Q-quick! We should start deflecting!"
We all expected this

>better story
more like the lack there of

Yes. And that is precisely why it looks like garbage. It has the tech but it's too taxing on the shit systems it's on to be rendered efficiently.

XCX knows it's on a weak system and efficiently renders the final image with that in mind.

Slapping a fuckload of tech, effects and detail on anything at random doesn't make it "good", even though I understand that modern Square-enix drones are led to think that, with their obsession to overdesigning the everliving fuck out of everything.

Readability, cleanliness, harmony and sharpness is what makes something look good. This is why Galaxy looked like the prettiest game last gen despite running on a piece of shit sidegraded gamecube. Because the game was made around the hardware, not forcibly punched in and hoped it'd work after inevitable rushed last-month downgrades.

Looking up the basics of composition and design from the artistic field will show you how square-enix's overall aesthetic is "deviantart with a lot of random detail".

That being said. XCX's armor and many character/monsters are designed like ass too. But at least they are not as bad as SE's wings on wings on wings on wings on belts for one minor accessory plastered 85 times all over every body part.

Arent 3ds port worse graphics and nothing else?

>XCX
>shitty boring main story, ended on cliffhanger and chances of part 2 are close to zero so no conclusion ever
>some pretty visuals but otherwise completely static world where nothing ever changes and no player decision makes any difference
>potato people
>skells destroy exploration, one of the few overwhelmingly positive things game had
>half great half shitty music
>endgame is pure grind-o-rama

I think it's pretty good match for FF XV.
Both are shitty games lauded by their fanbases and overrated as fuck for all the flaws they have.

Yes, it's shit.
Mind you I'm not shallow like nintendrone, I actually have acces to good looking games.

I agree that XCX looks a little better than FF15, but you're absolutely mental to use Galaxy as the example of the best looking game of last generation; that's such a stupid statement that I'm honestly not sure if you're maybe just falseflagging.

What?

the "3DS version" is Xenoblade Chronicles, a completely different and almost entirely unrelated game to Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U.

you know what the craziest thing is?

FFXV on ps4 pro runs worse than xenoblade x does on the wii u.

I will never understand how the devs managed to get xenoblade run a complete open world without loading or frame drops on a fucking wii u.

>conanfag damage control
lel

Suuuure

>proving their point

>XV is so bad, they have to resort comparing to a game with 1/100th of the budget and 1/100th of the power.

Is this really the same Square that made Chrono Trigger?

>10 years development
>500 million dollar budget
>300+ dev team
>Multiple leased engines
>Tie in movie, anime, car, and endorsements
>Huge marketing campaign

>Can't even break 90 on Metacritic

>Is this really the same Square that made Chrono Trigger?
No?

Pretty much everyone that made CT left Square years and years ago. Even the people that replaced the people that left have left.

>damage control

Monolith Soft are fucking gods. Even Breath of the Wild from Nintendo EAD, runs at sub 20fps, but XCX, apart from some cutscenes has literally 0 frame drops, and a rock solid steady 30fps, with no dips.

Big things are popping out 5 meters in front of you.
Not grass or small details, Shit bigger then your skell.
>without loading
Welcome to 15 years where ago where streaming assets were a thing already.
>or frame drops on a fucking wii u.
Now you're just outright lying.

>>some pretty visuals but otherwise completely static world where nothing ever changes and no player decision makes any difference
that's not entirely true, there's the Ma'non ship that lands above NLA, and the enemy ship thing that crashes in Sylvalum. I still haven't finished the game but I suspect there'll be a few more instances of this. There's also entire species of alien found in both the story mission and affinity missions.
>>skells destroy exploration, one of the few overwhelmingly positive things game had
I see this commonly, but I don't agree with it - nothing stops you from getting out the skell once in a while if you feel it's getting boring being in one. Furthermore, it takes so long to receive a skell that the average player will have surveyed a decent amount of Mira already. On top of that, there's areas that only Skells can reach to now explore - such as the floating islands in Oblivia and the tall cliffs in Primordia and Sylvalum, as well as most of Cauldros.

The rest seems perfectly reasonable, though. XCX is not a game I'd recommend to people due to niche appeal and a few glaring flaws, but it is one I'm enjoying greatly nonetheless.

Have you seen the character models?

They played the the consoles strengths, that's what. FFXV playing to its strengths would be a PC release - getting Luminous to work on PS4 was half the battle, let alone getting it to work well.

nigga I understand disliking modern nintendo but Mira is legitimately beautiful, it's genuinely one of the best open worlds I've ever seen in a videogame, it's just a shame that they didn't add much interactive elements to it else it'd be the greatest open world in vidya.

XCX's story was half assed and still superior in every way to Faux Fantasy XV,

Monolith is more square than Squenix, the xenoblade games are the real FFXIII and XV as far as I'm concerned

And yet it still looks more appetizing

>FFXV playing to its strengths would be a PC release
Once that get announced 3/4 of Sup Forums will do a 180 and starts singing praises to the savior of JRPGs while shitposting about 'beta testing'.

Also, MonolithSoft themselves said that this game was a "mid budget tier" game for them

proving his point

Like Tatsu, right.
Hahahahahah!

AMAZING

>proving my point

I got a job :(

>Big things are popping out 5 meters in front of you.
to be fair, there's typically a tonne of objects present in XCX, and the render distance is very far with high-poly terrain. The digital version barely even has this problem either, a lot of it is because the game's on a disc that has to be read constantly for these assets to load.

>Now you're just outright lying.
The only framedrops I experiences were in the opening cutscene (where they pan across Mira), the rest was consistent.

What are we comparing it to? 15? I've played both on my 4k tv. I applaud Monolith for what they were able to do on the Wii U for X but 15's graphics are leaps better.

All of their budget went into the 16 well known japanese voices, which nintendo butchered to 12, with no track record, bar Superior DC Douglass.

Like Nip voices aren't cheap, especially with all that dialogue.

I sincerely doubt it, some would be fans but most wouldn't really shine to it

How could they fuck this up? SE is king at making unexplorable places look good.

Might be the single most retarded "presumably" rhetoric question I've ever seen on this board in all the years I've lurked.

Short answer, no, you bumbling idiot.

I already agreed in an earlier post that the character models in XCX are literally potato-tier, but that's the worst it gets in an otherwise visually pleasing game; meanwhile FF15 seems to have the opposite problem