Remember that time when there was a Wheel of Time game?

Remember that time when there was a Wheel of Time game?

>ywn play as an Asha'man in Dumai's Wells
>ywn play a Two Rivers man at the battle of Edmond Field
feels bad

I'm surprised no one has made a mountainblade overhaul for WOT

There is one but it's super lazy, it's basically just native with a few armors changed if even

Is wheel of time any good?

Plowed through all of the books this summer and was really surprised when i found an old wheel of time fps. It was fun for what it was. Would really love another game using the setting.

Really? That sounds disappointing. Here's to hoping for a WoT mod for Bannerlord

If you like high fantasy then yes. Its extremely good. Warning they are a bit slow but each book's climax makes it worth it.
>pic related

Yes. I thought that the first one started out a bit slow but when i got into the series i enjoyed the hell out of it.

but what about all this I hear about the female characters being the most insufferable in the history of fiction? I can't deal with cunts no matter how much I like the rest of the story

>mfw the ending of book 2

A lot of the issues in the book are gendered and it is kind of a theme in the books that women and men are trying to do their own shit in their different cultures. I really liked that since adding a bunch of themes like that brings the world to life. Most female characters in the book are quite head strong but almost all characters ending up becoming really likable for me.
Mat is one of the characters in faction that i started really disliking and then ending up loving.

Basically in the world of WoT the female mages (called Aes Sedai) are the only magic users. They hunt down male magic users because they go insane because of the magic taint on the males magic. They think they know everything but there is a good few times when they utterly BTFO by male characters. (EG Based Gareth Byrne btfoing Aes Sedai and Rand btfoing them). The Aes Sedai also like to keep so many secrets so them are pretty annoying. The Aes Sedai aren't shown in a good light because of their secrecy. So don't worry about it being something like Tyranny wheres its all "WOMEN ARE THE BEST XDDD"
Not all the girl characters are like Aes Sedai cunts. There's a few Tsundere girl characters but they mellow out.
Min is best girl.

The middle few books are absolute trash because Robert Jordan was trying to string it out for more money.
Then he died.
Brandon Sanderson wraps up the series far better than anything he's ever written on his own though.

This might actually be the best 'wizard' game ever made with the most unique spells/powers and how to use them. Unfortunately while the game gives you interesting toys it doesn't really accommodate you into using them in useful ways. For example the whirlwind spell where you can throw your enemies up and carry them in the air sounds cool until you realize there's almost nowhere to actually drop them and in fact they can jump in midair to safety after you release them. But I give it credit for effort.

How true is all this?

It's not "the female characters".

Just some.

There are some chapters where you literally go from a huge battle scene with epic magical fights to a sheltered princess having a bath for 20 pages.

Yes there are some female characters that are insufferably bad, but they are bad because of their characters. It's nothing to do with them being female as a whole. There are quite a few good female characters.

>Mat is one of the characters in faction that i started really disliking and then ending up loving.
>ywn have a queen with a scar sexual harass you until she eventually corners you and forces you to fug her
feels bad man
Also I'm on book 8 now is there any great Mat moments in it?

Yes it is specifically the females. Because every single female in the story treats the male characters like 12 year old children, this is regardless of whether they're Aes Sedai or not. Jordan wrote women specifically as overbearing cunts. Maybe that's true to real life but it's intolerable in a fictional work that spans 10+ books.

Is there any fuck, nudity and other things in these books?

there's a lot of spanking and BDSM
There's a tsundere who loves to get spanked even

I only gave it a quick skim and I'm only on book 8 but I really enjoy the complexity of the nations and all that. Its makes the world feel far more alive desu.

>the assault on the Black Tower
>blasting the fuck out of everyone with portals

No smut. A lot of sweat tents.

There's a lot of truth to this, but it clearly written by someone who values gender issues as much more important than plot or setting. Sure there's valid criticism about how excessive some of the descriptive sections are, and yes, his wife is not a very good editor for a few of the female characters, but the majority of his point is that women are very tightly knit, aloof and consider themselves superior to men, while men are usually submissive.

What it fails to mention is that every single woman that it criticises is a magic wielder (Min is not but it is pretty nice on Min).

Now in the setting of the book you have to take into account that almost all magic wielders are female, and the ones who are male are hunted down and executed by the females. This leads to the obvious dichotomy between the arrogant, egotistical females and the submissive males, as the male population has had to live for millennia with certain females (magic users) being the most powerful people by an insane amount.

Also notable is that every female magic user (i.e the criticised females) are centred around the same mutual building and organisation, often living together for years there in a building with no males, hence how tightly knit (and simultaneously bitchy) they are.

On top of that you have a frequently performed ritual in which powerful male warriors are bonded to females to be subservient and protect them until death.

He also fails to mention that in the few male magic users usually wreck the shit out of female magic users (that's part of why they always group up).

Basically most of the things he says are true, but they are consequences of the setting rather than poor writing. In fact, given that the setting is the first thing given in the series, it would be poor writing to do anything other than portray the gender split in such a way.

If you find this gender dynamic too much for you then I'd advise you stay away from this series and instead go to /r9k/

>Kneel Aes Sedai or you will be knelt!

Obsidian was supposed to make a WoT game but kiked out with PoE instead.

Well seeing this is Obsidian's writing quality now I don't mind.

Yeah some guys who own the rights for WoT media contacted Obsidian a while back about making it and Obsidian were game, but then the funding fell through. Obsidian repeatedly stated that they'd still make it if the right-holders found the funding, but the legal rights are actually going back to Jordan's wife fairly soon I think.

oh man I played that game and immediately discarded that party member
thank fuck i did

Whats everyone's favourite nation in WoT?
Mines pic related. Also Wheel of Time game where you're a mercenary following Rand when?

Funny enough God of War Ascension got me into this series. As shitty as that game was, trophy name change and all at least something good came out of it.

Loved the series. Read the entire 14 books in a month. And then I got into Sanderson's other works. Mistborn would make an awesome game.

Mistborn would make an awesome game.

It would make a shit book trilogy though.

Did someone actually write this for a videogame?

>dock with
Jesus christ

Yeah I was totally let down by the end of the trilogy. I didn't even bother reading the spiritual sequel set in the Victorian-like future.
You read his other works? Reckoners would make an amazing movie series. And Stormlight Archive is amazing.

I am literally finishing the last book now. Marathoning them on audiobook. I plan to hang myself after the end because I don't know how I'm gonna live without these people I've come to know over 14 fucking books.

yeah it's p good

Read WoT then Mistborn because of that. Is his other stuff actually good for real?
I was so fucking put off by Mistborn that I gave up on him as an author, because most people I knew praised Mistborn as his best work.

This game is unironically pretty solid.

Some of them are annoying, intentionally so, others very reasonable. Considering their age, responsibilities and stresses I'd say they act fairly realistically, for the most part. It's obviously not perfect.

Say what you will about Aes Sedai, Verin was MVP

>I was so fucking put off by Mistborn that I gave up on him as an author, because most people I knew praised Mistborn as his best work.
He has a ton of works, most of which I didn't bother to read.
The Reckoners is a 3 part series about a world in which people gain super human abilities, and the people who get these powers turn evil and end up fucking everything up.
The Stormlight Archice is his own Wheel of Time. He crafts this amazing page turner with a complex world, history, lore, characters, magic system. I really fucking love that series. Way better than Mistborn.

I like Cairhien, because Morraine and Talmanes are pretty chill.

Stormlight starts slow and then gets fucking DMC levels of crazy.

Stormlight Archive is good, my main problem with it is that the character tends to alternate between being pretty cool and acting like an angsty teenager. To be fair, he's not had the greatest time ever, but he's surprisingly petulant.

*The main character.
The others are fine.

I need to play the game still, I think I randomly played the demo like fifteen years ago or whenever without realising what it was.

Books were pretty good, would make an excellent video game like if it was like Dynasty Warriors, although you'd probably miss a lot of the character plot, which as it is a book it obviously is important.

Hammer weilding wolfmang, elite magic-buffed knights with magic enchanted blades, mages out the arse, a spear weilding rogue that is cursed with being the luckiest man alive.

For people who haven't read the books, the main dudes pop a lot of pussy and it gets all polygamous.

He shapes up a bit in book 2 if I remember right.

I really disliked the love rectangle. Mainly because while reading it I pictured it as a movie or tv series and Rand getting into an ongoing relationship with 3 grils would either get cut or changed for the normies watching.

I do and it's the only fps I've ever invested a considerable amount of time in. The multiplayer was a lot of fun.

>obsidian quality