Lore thread:

Lore thread:

After Bloodborne why did they forget how to use guns in the next cycle?

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Pale Pine Resin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

two separate universes.

The people in dark souls dreamed of guns

They are all connected.

Bloodborne either takes place in the distant past before Dark Souls, or the distant future. Or they're in different universes.

Time and space are convoluted, fuckstick.

Bloodborne takes place in the future DeS universe
Umbasa my friend, Umbasa

Why can Patches break the rules?

Guns are a crutch

Bloodborne isn't Dark Souls, wish there were more callbacks to Dark Souls 2 though.

He's God.

It's the same universe but it takes place in a powerful undead's mind.

the only thing stopping other characters is clerical magic.

>le dark souls and bloodborne is le same universe xD
Stop that. If anything is the most plausible, and even then it's probably not likely at all.

It takes place in The Deep, you know, that only interesting and new thing to the lore of 3 that got fucking dropped.

They are all the same universe dude. It's explicitly stated the timelines are convoluted.

Just because Solaire drops a line of time being convoluted as a way to explain multiplayer doesn't mean they're all in the same universe. Next thing you're gonna try and tell me that Solid Snake and Pliskin are the same person.

yeah

They are the same person in that universe. Bloodborne and Dark Souls have the same dev team so they are the same universe.

GUN TO YOUR HEAD
which souls girls soles would you worship
GO

Quelaan

Okay Sup Forums

How do you form your Hunter Order? What's your way of killing a few beasts?

keep in mind the following.

1. the beasts seem to ignore the laws of biology. Traditional bullets don't cause any significant damage but saw blades rekt.

2. The beast plague is spread somehow. Likely by beast blood but you're not sure.

3. Yharnam hates outsiders

4. You're the bitch of the Healing Church.

5. It's Kos

D O L L
O
L
L

Maiden in Black

Maria

Yuria

DS2 firekeeper

DS3 firekeeper

In that order.

MiB, Herald, Karla.
3's firekeeper must be the most boring piece of shit NPC in the series.
At least Ermald Herald outright refused to level your shit up if you mistreated her. She was cuter too.

Emerald Herald is best girl, so her.

fools

What's farming for 27.2 physical gems like? Much of a grind? I've had Bloodborne since release but haven't had PS+, thinking of getting it just for better gems and runes for my ng+7 build.

Top level gems are like chest-checking in Dragon's Dogma. Maybe about an hour max for each set of gems if you know what you're doing.

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Pale Pine Resin

>Pale pine resin that faintly glimmers. Temporarily applies magic to right-hand weapon. The blood red substance sometimes found within suggests there is more to this so-called resin than meets the eye.

Seems like a genuine reference to me in a game where the majority of lore comes from obscure item descriptions.

I guess you could say that it was just the devs putting a meaningless reference in to make players say Pale! Blood!! I played Bloodborne! if you want.

I guess you could argue that the underground tunnels around the Demon Ruins in 3 having the same architecture as the Tomb of the Gods was just them lazily reusing assets.

But what about the games being in the same universe even bothers you?

The idea of them all being in the same universe ruins Demon's, Dark and Bloodborne. They're all self contained worlds and stories with fitting endings that are open to interpretation, but Dark 2 ruins Dark 1 by saying your choice never mattered, and Dark 3 more so. The idea of them all being in the same universe ruins all of them because then there's no impact from you doing anything at all. Your decision in Demon's doesn't matter because apparently eldritch gods take over the world anyway, and your decision in Dark 1 doesn't matter because the fire is going to be rekindled a billion times anyway.

Self contained stories are better, from both a narrative and player interaction standpoint, and the idea that all the Souls games are within the same universe ruins both those points.

They don't though.

Dark Souls is From Software. Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are From Software + Sony Japan Studio. If we want to get cynical we can be assured that due to copyright reasons BB and DaS cannot be in the same universe. Even Miyazaki reassured everyone that they are 100% seperate, although there are some repeating themes and ideas.

It can be interpreted without ruining the stories by putting thousands or hundreds of thousands of years between the games. I would place Demon's after all the Dark games and before Bloodborne in a timeline. Then there's the whole Dreamlands Lovecraft concept if you want to go that way.

> I guess you could argue that the underground tunnels around the Demon Ruins in 3 having the same architecture as the Tomb of the Gods was just them lazily reusing assets.

Yeah, that's actually exactly what it is.

Even if they were in the same universe Demon Ruins and Pthumerian Laberynth would have no reason to look identical. Demon ruins obviously survived many cycles since they are both in 1 and 3. And the Old Labirybth in BB was carved out over generations by Pthumerians.

Gun parry was a mistake

Retarded casul mechanics.

It still doesn't make sense because not only do you need milenia between games (BB's history goes back a long fucking time once you look at Pthumerian civilisation), but fundemental rules about the laws of how the universe functions have to change as well. The nature of Souls is different between DeS and DaS, and the nature of fire, and how the world fits together.

The only way they can be in the same universe is if the time difference is so big the entire rules of the universe have time to change. Not to mention THEY LITTERALLY SAID THEY ARE DIFFERENT UNIVERSES WITH ONLY THEMATIC CONECTIONS.

maybe Spyro the dragon and Ratchet and Clank are in the same universe as well? Both are made by the same dev team (never mind who actually owns the ip), and despite having no evidence to connect eachother we can surely assume they are based on some repeating design choices and ideas.

They're not.

They are.

He saw all the devistation that came from what the clerics in his original timeline called "god", and he grew to hate them.

So now, he travels through time and space, doing what he can to stop religions from destroying their worlds.

Due to the nightmarish nature of BB he takes the form of a spider, having gained the trust of one such evil god, he leads the PC to an Amygdala, lacking the strength to kill the monstosity himself, he aids the player in finding and killing it. He also guards the door leading to the nightmare of mensis, believing it to be a false reality that the clerics and religious can flock to and remain unable to harm the "real world", since their real bodies are long dead, however once the player converses with him he realizes that to truely end it you must destroy the nightmare once and for all and doesn't stop you from doing so.

>Be From
>Put shit from one souls game in another souls game for no reason other than fuck it
>People start forming complex lore connections between them essentially doing the work for From
>Guys time is convoluted (haha fucking retards)

No they are not you dumb mother fucker, dark souls and bloodborne are two seperate universes

>much easier to punish parry spammers
>adds a manner of recourse management
>makes healing in combat an actual risk
>makes sitting back and spamming spells an actual risk

Bloodborne's parry mechanics provide much more variety to gameplay than Dark Souls' counterpart.

No.

Nice argument.

Evidence?

He didn't, Patches in DaS1 is a fake.
Just like Ornstein in DaS2 is a fake.