Zelda Setting New Bar for Video Games

The greatest game to ever grace humanity is on its way.
>Can climb that mountain
>Can use shield to surf terrain
>Can glide over terrain
>Can use anything that resembles a stick as a weapon (enemy body parts included)
>Can kick objects at enemy
>Can return enemy projectiles via baseball
>Can set fire to fields and wind directs the spread
>Can ride wind created by fires upwards
>Can cut down trees and use them at bridges
>Can make dynamics based systems varying from launching yourself into the air to launching boulders at giants
>Can ride and fight horseback
>Can stealth attack enemies
>Can drop bombs, shoot arrows, and attack with weapons from the sky
>Can fight horse back
>Can shoot bomb arrow at enemy while riding a horse, jump off horse and shield surf over to the fire the arrow started, just off shield and glide up in the wind created by the fire, then slo-mo shoot ice arrow at him
All in a world over twice the size of TW3, ten times the size of Skyrim. Are other games even trying.
>Gameplay > Muh 4k Ambient Occlusion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EqqpcFj8G-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope it's good. If it ends up being mediocre, though, I won't be surprised.

Thread music
youtube.com/watch?v=EqqpcFj8G-s

I don't get how someone can say that given what's been shown off already

I dont get it either. From what we've seen its already better than most AAA titles. Id buy a wii u now if they released their goblin hunter simulator.

and it's so conmfy

>Zelda Setting New Bar for Video Games
>Wild

I think you mean setting it's standards to the Witcher 3's level you debaucherate.

Does this same faggot make this copy pasta thread every day?

SS looked decent and I bought that day one. That's how someone like me can be skeptical despite getting hyped for BoTW.

You couldn't do any of those things in TW3 so not really.

SS didnt show you hours of gameplay. And the only thing wrong with SS was the HUGE linear world with no people. We already know thats not the case in BotW

He has to kill time somehow since his WiiU is collecting dust

>nintendrones are so isolated they think gimmicks that have been around since the fucking 90s are groundbreaking features

I can promise you this will be overly commercialized shit tailored to mouth breathing focus testers. Keep gobbling it up, though.

But its not copy pasta!?!?!

Calling it Breath of the WILD after WILD HUNT

It's sucking the Witchers dick and you know it.

Jokes on you, it'll be a limbo bar

You can climb mountains in Witcher 3?

I know you're meme'ing, but it really does

SS showed enough to get me hyped for it, and it as far more problems than you listed. I said I'm hyped for BoTW but I'm allowed to be skeptical as well user, you'd be foolish not to be after SS and ALBW

>Gameplay variety is a gimmick
This is how pathetic BotW haters are

yea its gonna be a huge nonlinear world with fucking nothing at all, just like mgsv

>mountains

>>nintendrones are so isolated they think gimmicks that have been around since the fucking 90s are groundbreaking features
This. It's like those Nintendicksuckers have never played any games outside of MUH NINTENDO in their entire, miserable manchild lives.

Have they shown off dungeons yet? If not, prepare for a No Man's Sky tier blunder.

Comparing a trailer to hours of raw gameplay is silly. They arent even remotely the same thing. NMS showed footage. But that wasnt what actual gameplay was like.

Whatever you say, troll. TW3 was lacking when it came to combat so I wasn't as impressed as others were. Gameplay is the most important part of any game.

what's wrong with ALBW?

Witcher 3 wished it was as good as this game.

they haven't shown off the full dungeons yet but they showed plenty of the mini dungeons (of which , there's over 150 throughout the world) and they looked good.

But it already has plenty in it. And thats just from seeing footage where they removed everything to not spoil the game.

>gameplay variety

More like shit that we've seen other times in other games and that no one is gonna end up using because they'll just end up bum rushing to slash the enemy like savages
>inb4 show me an example
Ok
>Can ride and fight horseback
>Can fight horse back
You could already do this on the first AssCreed game, also bloating your list of "innovations" by adding the same thing twice makes you seem desperate and overhyping it

I don't recognise this footage and I watched the whole stream twice through, where's this from?

Answer the question

Everyone outside of your Nintendo echo chamber has been exposed to these shitty sandbox games for years. Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle. They are always shit. BotW has all the red flags. It will be shit, too.

Theyve said there were over 100 shrines. And of course dungeons are going to be in the game.

user. Argue all you want it won't change my mind. The previous few LoZ experiences have made me very cautious of any new LoZ. Deal.

Way, way, way too easy and ugly.

they didn't remove anything Link goes back in time before Hyrule turned into an apocalyptic wasteland, calling it right now

Where are the games with this level of gameplay user?

>they looked good
They looked really bland and the "puzzles" were about as challenging/engaging as watching paint dry. Not sure what you're talking about.

XCX had an excellent overworld in terms of exploration value, and MonolithSoft are helping with BotW's development, meanwhile Zelda has had a solid history so forgive me for being optimistic about this one.

Zelda pioneered open world games. Its obvious you hate them, but many Zelda fans have been asking for the games to go back to what they were on the NES/SNES. And it is the promise of finally getting a new game like the original Zelda that is exciting me. And I haven't been excited for a Zelda game in 15+ years.

Not arguing. Just pointing out how silly you are for comparing hours of raw gameplay to a trailer.

I watched some videos of it yesterday, the map tablet with waypoints was kind of off-putting but apart from that something about it just felt different than other open world games to me. I've never even owned a Nintendo console and I haven't played Zelda since Oracle of Ages/Seasons but honestly if this game has as much innocent exploration and fun as the demos seemed to show I wouldn't mind buying a switch to play it.

Just think how many things can still be wrong:
- Shit story
- Shit characters
- Shit dungeons
- No content
- Performance issues
- SJW crap
- Anything else that you hate in games

We just don't know

BotW haters confirmed for not knowing the difference between having one feature in a game and having hundreds.
I know the fact that BotW has more variety in gameplay than your favorite game could ever hope to have upsets you.

nobody cares if it's already been done, as BotW does it in a way that's coherent to the world and fits with its other mechanics as a system - in BotW you can, for example.

Despite Nintendo's recent efforts being... shit. I still have high hopes for BoTW from what we've seen. I really hope this is the open world game to show everybody else how its done, like how OoT did for 3D action games.

If they haven't shown them off yet they will be shit. They are probably just going to be bigger shrines.

A Zelda game with shit dungeons. What's the point of even playing?

Could I climb that mountain in those games?

they were literally the first 4 shrines in the game, user; I still thought they were neat due to the mechanics they showed off anyhow.

As long as I can hunt bokoblins Ill be happy. SJW crap is over the line but SJW hasnt reached japan

XCX is a single player MMO and you should feel bad for liking it.
>a new game like the original Zelda
No one can be this naive, can they?

Think back to the first zelda. The dungeons werent the best part

>- Shit story
I don't think zelda games have ever had a good story personally
>- Shit characters
same as above, although I guess you could replace "shit" with "unmemorable" here
>- Shit dungeons
dungeons are a staple of the series and every entry has had at least 1 great one, so this is unlikely
>- No content
doesn't seem likely given what's been shown off and mentioned so far
>- Performance issues
probably true
>- SJW crap
doubtful

That doesn't disqualify that it has one of the best and most satisfying to explore open worlds ever conceived in a video game.

>story
>characters
>SJW stuff

Did you ever played a LoZ game? The history is always childish, most characters are only a funny visual with funny movement, and there is not even room to SJW crap. THe only thing that can mess this game are the dungeons, but I doubt they would do such a thing with a game that have the responsability of saving a new console.

Stop making shit threads you faggot.

>No one can be this naive, can they?

Apparently someone can be, because you just posted your bullshit.

>XCX is a single player MMO and you should feel bad for liking it.
literally has nothing to do with what I said; good job.

i'd kill for an mmo that plays like xenoblade to be honest with you fampaichi, i haven't played a JRPG so enjoyable since suikoden 2

>BotW haters confirmed for not knowing the difference between having one feature in a game and having hundreds.
What's the difference? other games have also used multiple gameplay mechanics that have been also in other games, BOTW is not even unique on this sense
>I know the fact that BotW has more variety in gameplay than your favorite game could ever hope to have upsets you.
Well maybe because my favorite game is not an open-world game but whatever makes you happy

Of course. You could even climb in fucking Daggerfall. How can anyone believe this is a new mechanic? Moreover, how can anyone claim that this isn't just lazy game design disguised as a feature?

>too lazy to design paths
>lol just put in climbing and tell the white piggu it's a feature

Nintendo BTFO every one else at E3 with 1 game.
People salty and try to deny that its the best game ever shown.

Doesn't matter how good it is, nobody will play it anyway.

well gee user I guess games just aren't allowed to exist period. Seriously I do not know what it is you expect

Actually one of the biggest problems with open world games is lack of variety.

>being able to climb up walls is lazy design
>putting paths for retards to follow isn't
How dumb are you? Be honest.

You heard it here first folks. Theres no difference between having one feature in a game and having hundreds.
Its so pathetic you can only point and laugh.

>these shitty sandbox games for years
Exactly, we want a great open world game. Not le funny nigger simulators like GTA 5.

Didn't Nintendorks spents weeks chanting how E3 was irrelevant and no one cared about it anymore?

Funny how their opinion did a 180 once it was over

If we're going to go by that standard, No Man's Sky must be fucking amazing.

nope

won't agree

cell shading should not be acceptable or be setting a new """"""bar""""" for vidya anyone who support this are just giving developers a free pass and that's not okay

>Sup Forums is 1 person

looks boring as shit
the open world meme needs to die

>i haven't played a JRPG so enjoyable
That's because JRPGs are inherently bad. Their entire existence is based upon making shallower more accessible versions of old WRPGs. Dragon Quest was literally made because Wizardry was too hard for the average retard.

Zelda has always been the most talked about and praised game since E3 happened. Why would anyone say it doesnt matter when it was the only game that mattered.

>a new game like the original Zelda
>No one can be this naive, can they?

I agree that it is extremely unlikely. But Aonouma did claim Zelda 1 is his major inspiration for Breath of the Wild. I doubt it'll be like it without Tezuka as the main planner/director, so I just hope Breath of the Wild will be something totally unique. Instead of just Twilight Princess 3.0

Can you make Link wear dresses and suck monster cocks though?

NMS didn't have 6 hours of actual live gameplay footage, along with a playable demo for the public.

Shit comparison. NMS didnt show 100+ hours of gameplay footage

>nobody will play it
>Zelda

Even a shit Zelda game sells 4 million copies.

As a proud cuckold I heartily agree with your statement.

Some idiot who doesnt know what art direction is. In 5 years every AAA game now will look like shit while nintendo games age like wine.

>How dumb are you?
Not nearly as dumb as you. Free climbing pretty much eliminates the possibility of complex level design from the game.

no but you can do this.

Nobody buys Nintendo consoles anymore and Zelda's sales have been steadily going down for years.

LINK A CUTE
CUTE

>being able to climb that mountain is a bad thing
kek

>well gee user I guess games just aren't allowed to exist period
When in my post I said that? All i said people are overhyping this and making it seem like its making a lot of never-seen-before mechanics when its not
>Actually one of the biggest problems with open world games is lack of variety
Indeed but if the map of BOTW is going to be as big as people are making it seem to be, it would be hard to avoid areas full of nothing
>Theres no difference between having one feature in a game and having hundreds.
But I never said that, all I said that there's already several games that featured the things in OP's list and games that use multiple gameplay mechanics that were featured in other games

It's kinda sad how you have to twist people words because you cant come up with a decent argument

People didnt buy the wii u because there wasnt a Zelda on it. The Wii out sold every other console in history.

I'm not gay but...

Any good fics of Link getting fucked in the ass?