Is it worth $14?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LUB3erY_7Xg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

yes

absolutely not

yeah

I've been playing it all week and I really enjoy it. Normal seems a little TOO easy however

Yeah, though it's shit

Of all of the ARPGs, Grim Dawn is the worst one. Even below Diablo III

yes

now you should probably leave before the path of exile marketers shit up the thread

It sure as hell was worth for me.

Yes.

Diablo 2/LoD > Diablo > Path of Exile > Reaper of Souls >= Torchlight 2 > Titan Quest > Torchlight > Diablo 3 > Grim Dawn

Diablo 3 is second/third best ARPG on the market after D2 and (maybe) PoE, so that doesn't say much. I've played every ARPG on the market.
If you seriously think that D1, T2, VH series, Sacred series, Torchlight series, Dungeon Siege series and other irrelevant games are better than D3 you should get your head straight. Even with all the issues the game has, it's leagues above crap above that is only worth 1 playthrough at most.

you're retarded desu

>D1
>not better than neo-Diablo
lol

>he actually played Van Helsing

Yes, don't play on normal, start at veteran.

I played through it my first time on Veteran and after about level 15 it started getting good. Star enemies started becoming more frequent and they forced me to play less recklessly. I've probably got the most boring build ever though. I played through the campaign with a 2h gun and got these 2 legendaries (purple) after beating the final boss.

I bought Van Helsing 1 and Victor Vran on the recent steam sale. Haven't touched Van but Victor seemed kinda fun in just the hour I played, but only because I could jump and dodge.

>most boring build ever
Jesus, you might be right.

>not getting arcanist defenses
Elite's gonna fuck you up.

The game was still pretty boring after a while though (though I suppose it's mostly because of my build). It seemed like there were maybe 3 enemy types. Ranged attackers, big melee, and fodder melee. Drives me up a wall that there's so little variety in enemies.

Why?

Veteran is barely challenging as is. You will bore yourself to tears on normal.

A very boring start is part of the arpg genre. Not even Diablo 2 is safe from it.

Whats a fun build? I want to see corpses ragdolls flying everywhere.

Game is great been playing it with my partner

Start is a bit slow but it really picks up.

Mine is good for explosions desu, but all you do is hold left click for 30 hours

yeah, but only for about 1 run

game has some serious design flaws that make playing to max level more of a chore than fun unlike diablo 2

one of the largest issues is that the game has like 10 or 12 different types of damage and it's basically all about gearing up to get maximum resists on all of these

but resulting from those damage types is an even larger issue: every build has to use a very certain combination of 2 or 3 damage types as dictated by the talents

doesn't sound bad, but the reality is that it severely limits your item options because they all have very specific damage type bonuses
so out of 20 possible items for a slot, there is at best 1 that would make sense to wear and in many cases there is none and you just have to wear some trash - my highest dps char has any high tier weapon in the game available, yet uses some random enchanted loot simply because that actually fits the damage type as opposed to all the epic legendary weapons
often you will find items that have better quality than what you have, but they will actually make your char worse because they convert a huge chunk of your damage to a damage type you don't want

so all in all it's incredibly unfun hunting for items in this game because most of them are absolute garbage

also there are huge imbalances between certain builds and weapon types

Hell yeah it is. Never had fun with a Diablo-like game until this one.

pure pierce damage nightblade, hard to find gear, but if you have it you will rape even the strongest boses in seconds, also pretty much invulnerable because of lifeleech

Can you be a summoner in this game?

yeah but you can't summon that much and you can't beat the hardest bosses (not that you need to since you can all the item drops elsewhere anyway)

Which boss is the hardest?

>people like D3
>a game where the final boss can fall in seconds
>all loot is good loot

Yeah, D3 is fun and great looking but it's not a very challenging ARPG. I has no build variation, stats are meaningless and the items are always too good.
It has the best endgame if you just want to play forever though.

it's not one but a certain type of bosses that spawn after certain types of enemies hate you enough (i.e. you killed them often enough)
and then there is also one that is made out to be almost impossible to beat unless you have lifeleech, resists and dps out the ass

while they all use differently colored attacks, they all have in common that they are not very memorable

Yes, I done played 200 hours

Yes.

I still haven't played as a witch hunter

I might try that when the patch comes out

There's one way to get an even more boring build, and that's with a pure reflect/retaliation build where you literally kill shit just by standing still.

I did that once and I was entertained

>muh flame hammers

>Avatar of Mogdrogen

What do I need to do to murder that man?

I figured it wouldn't be impossible but he turned out to be rather godly after all

youtube.com/watch?v=LUB3erY_7Xg

>ultimate

absolute madman