Did anyone on Sup Forums play this? I love metroidvanias and the critics loved it, but I thought it was complete ass...

Did anyone on Sup Forums play this? I love metroidvanias and the critics loved it, but I thought it was complete ass. I went so far as to get a Steam refund.

I thought it was really sub-par compared to a lot of the more recent games in the genre, especially compared to Rabi-Ribi for example.

I liked it

exploration and ability design is cool but bosses are garbage and ending is underwhelming because you can't side with yourself

What was the name of the anime styled metroidvania that was all the rage a couple of months ago?

Can't really describe it any more in-depth unfortunately.

this game is better than super metroid in every way

Rabi-Ribi, one of my top 10 vidya of all time. Don't let the art scare you off.

I played it, loved the exploration and some of the weapons, but hated most of the bosses, their hit-boxes were always really awkward and half of them required one weapon you'll never use again to do quickly, like the weapon that fires bullets perpendicular to your fired bullets in a t pattern versus the Scorpion boss. Literally outright worse than the basic versus every other boss and ass v. random enemies.

This is a better indie metroidvania, although it has a major endgame flaw.

I wouldn't go as far as call it ass but it's very mediocre.
It's really just a mess born from from a rather immature familiarity with the genre, with a lot of ideas thrown in just because the dev thought they were cool at a certain point during development.
Critics don't know shit about anything.

Both
and
are better.
Especially Rabi-Ribi.

>TFW sequence broke into the Lab without the final upgrade
>Got 2 of the 3 Orbs without it too
>Then hit a brick wall on the third
>Then sequence broke into the final upgrade backwards AND still got it without all the Notes or whatever to get the door open
That was fucking mind boggling to me, but then I never beat the Angry Ghost giant thing.

You mean the grey ghost thing or the giant skull?

The game has this entire convoluted post game that left me feeling really disappointed, espescially since it requires you to beat the game a second time with all your upgrades to get the real ending.

It's only really worth doing so you can fight Mwah and super Mwah.

no, that's not it

the artstyle was more pixel

God Tier looks lonely since I moved CotM down. Gotta play AM2R and see if it gets up there.

Yeah I think it's pretty shit. Annoying enemies, ad platforming. It has cool aesthetic and music but that's it. Waste of money.

Momodora is what I was thinking of

>Rabi-Ribi lower than PoR, Kirby, Ori, Axiom Verge, and Ori

Now THIS is shit-posting

Also pretty good. I liked that one a lot too. If we get a sequel on the scale of Rabi-Ribi, instead of a bite-sized little thing, I'd pick it up instantly.

i love la-mulana to death dude, but the "puzzles" knock it down to good tier at least. they're just too much of a problem to ignore, even with the other aspects of the game being so good.

also, strider is not meh tier, not even close.

Haven't actually played Axiom Verge yet, much of the list is based on votes from Sup Forums. I just bought it during the sale though so it might get moved soon.

The dev has been tweeting about 3D modelling and development, so I think he's doing something different next. Or maybe he's just going 2.5D so he can expand in scale.

Half the games on his image aren't even metrovanias. You should have realized it was shitposting at that time.