Big ol Minecraft Map

Sup Sup Forums.

During 2010 in Minecraft threads I started a little project called Broville. It was a little exploration based map for people to mess around in.

Some friends and I just spent the last 4.5 years making a new version of of the city, and I would like to share it with you.

It's incredibly detailed and built from the ground up "by hand", no copy and pasting, no scripts, etc.

Every building is furnished, much of the terrain is custom made, and there's a secret or detail in just about every nook and cranny map-wide.

Here's a trailer for the map:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha8Fs3mbQs8

Here's the world save:
mediafire.com/file/h13mfmg2mom9o5o/Broville_v11.zip

It'd be cool if you checked it out!

Here's a really compressed overview of the whole map.

We have a fully functional transit and rail system that can take you cross town and the whole continent.

Don't think you're clever, taking a screenshot of google earth

Broville how about Noville.
Fucking autists I swear, go to /mcg/

Holy Shit dude

I already shilled it there :^).

Virus scanning I'll report back.

I..i want to live there...

I wouldn't do you guys dirty like that.

Download it!

damn son that's pretty cool

What does it do?

is this pre rendered or a shader?

Why the fuck should I care about this money-grabbing shit game? Maybe if you'd done it out of legos, I'd give a fuck. You want to be an artist? choose a medium that's worth a damn instead of this microshill garbage.

Viruses were not found.

>STILL working on Broville
the absolute madman

tama-chan!

go back to simcity

Lol this kid put a crypted RAT in the mediafire link. Everything but ESETNOT and a couple other obscure antiviruses picked it up. Watch out for this guy hes trying to spread his RAT to steal from you.

Why the fuck would you waste 4.5 years of your life making this by hand, when you could've used a script or terrain building tool?

It's ultimately up to you.

However we've created things for you to do, like collect shit, explore the dungeons we made, there's just a lot of stuff to see and interact with. All kinds of custom named items with flavour text to tell the "lore" of the area. Lots of attention to detail.

You could say an autistic level of detail and involvement went into the whole continent.

A render with a program called Chunky. It all exists in game.

I'm finally free from it all! This was the last one ever.

I might now that I have time.

I don't even know what the fuck that means.

It's my trainset in the basement. It's not like this is every day all day effort, it's a couple hours after work, a day on the weekend sometimes, we all have lives outside of the game.

I want to RP there.

Neat, thanks OP. I'll fuck around in it, may or may not nuke it all.

It's the same link from the oldshoe's tumblr, it's legit. Nice try though.

yeah you're an idiot.

That's the best way to find a lot of stuff hidden underground.

>money-grabbing shit game
Ok so a $10 game is money-grabbing while a $60 game with microtransactions out the ass isn't?
nu-Sup Forums everyone

Am downloading. Haven't opened minecraft in years, it will be interesting to see what's changed, as well as have something to explore besides the standard stale gameplay.

Don't listen to these guys. It's a fucking RATkit with a 16-bit encryption backdoor and an indexing hex data compiler. You've done it now OP.

Make sure you're on version 1.10 or later, otherwise it won't work.

I'm not smart enough for any of that shit.

>all this "bro" shit
jesus OP that's worse than the time spent making it, at least be creative with the theme

any night shots?

Too late to change it.

Some one on Sup Forums picked the name way back when. Was related to another underwater city project at the time called Brotopolis.

I actually don't looking through all my screens. Minecraft always looks kinda shitty at night in screenshots.

Metro map for the city.

>oldshoes

Oh man. Haven't seen you around here in a while.

holy shit. I remember broville threads from ages ago and having checked out some of the first few maps and the progress on them. good detail put into them. this one looks awesome.

Nice to see you're still very fucking autistic to continue keeping this up even after Notch became a jew sellout.

Will check it out. thx

So, will you make something else in minecraft?

What games are you gonna play now that your done? Do you remember how to play other games?

I don't play mine craft but that map looks way better than what the official game modes give I'm sure. Very nice.

I haven't posted in a long time. Mostly stick to /vg/ when I do, though that's not too often. Still a daily reader.

The level of detail in this one is incredibly expanded on from the old versions.

Not sure. A few of the guys on the team want to make a small adventure map and I'll probably help out with that.

I still played a lot of stuff while working on it. Particularly the Souls series + Bloodborne, Cities Skylines, Witcher 3, recently started up on Pillars of Eternity.

I remember downloading broville 2012, my how the time has gone.

>a small adventure map
any ideas on what it'll be?

You're telling me...

No clue yet! I would imagine something more fantasy oriented.

Holy shit I haven't played minecraft in forever but I'll could fire it up again for this
Looks comfy which is just what I need after today
/blogpost