How will they do it

how will they do it

Levitating old man. Simple as that.

>people forget that VII has a ton of wacky fantasy elements
>remake is going to make everything as realistic as possible

real life was a mistake

>thought he lost his legs

green sphere doesn't have to be that big. Think baba from dragon ball

Anything a little strange is going to be cut and you know it.

This
Or they'll change it so much it won't be anything like the ff7 you remember.

They're just going to make him an old man with a green orb on his staff or some shit.

>Red XIII walking on hind legs in shinra uniform

>They're going to cut the cross-dressing quest because its "transphobic"

>the woman picking up her husband and spinning around at the train station

This is most likely. I was gonna say give him legs.

Ho ho hoooo
It'll be like in Before Crisis. The green sphere is going to be bigger, and it will be much more obvious he's standing on it. The smaller original orb often left people to misinterpret Bugenhagen as having lost his legs or something, when he's actually just a really little dude.

>shitposting
They already said it'll be in. Stop spreading lies on the internet.

>Monologue about wanting to kill his own daughter
Will they do it at all?

>Yuffie
>over 18

They are going to ruin everything.

They can make her under 18. They had Eiko, Selphie and Rikku after all

I like this one.

>HD Elena
>HD Scarlet
>HD Priscilla
>HD Cloud's mom
>HD Honeybee Inn girls

>HD compilation characters inserted into every scene they can fit them into

>they're going to give her a stulish tumblr mohawk and full length pants/shirt

>Trends have changed
Yeah, normie shit. I like and prefer the original play style, Square!

>the woman picking up her husband and spinning around at the train station
Jesse and Biggs' models, interestingly.

The game still begins with you playing a mercenary among a band of terrorists destroying a power plant and killing innocent people in the process.

A tragic monologue by a broken man is basically a bake sale by comparison.

Jesse and Biggs do it but there's another scene where random npcs do it.

No nooooo. NO NO NO! No... please no.

You just shut your mouth right now. They better sex the shit out of here.

>maybe some characters who aren't as famous wont appear

fucking squeenix REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm not sure what angle you're coming from-
That they're leaving out some of the cancer
Or that they're ONLY leaving out SOME of the cancer

shit bait you fag

I'll read that as
>I like cancer

Which is the reason why it will fail and every FF has failed since 10.

It's just a short old man standing on top of a floating ball that his long coat happens to fall over.

Also grandpa's apparatus is the best sequence in the game

This won't be in the remake, will it?

Serious question. Is this the start of the fear creating marketing that also plagued FF15?

Because that shit is obviously working but it's ethically very wrong because it creates a pattern of anxiety in people

>tfw no yuffie gf

retro games doesnt make money

what?

What about all the whacky monsters like the sword dance and that house with all the arms ectect

sauce me bro

>Tina spinning around when Reno runs past her
>Cid's jump startle when Weapon attacks Mideel
>Everything involving Cait Sith

They're going to take all the charm out of the original in the name of grimdark seriousness.

>retro games sales got us to the place we are today
>now all the sudden it's not enough kike golds mmkay
>retro

FF15 marketing had this constant pattern of leaking, or otherwise having a subject about it blow up, making fans fear for the end result, at which point tabata-flan swooped in with his ATR speeches and "saved the day". It's a common strategy in internet marketing nowadays. Creating fear and anger to get people in a state of cognitive dissonance, which makes them respond to suggestion better once they are put at ease with information to take away their fear or frustration. Negative or hard to accept info is often slipped in during these times.

They did this for FF15, witcher 3, and some others I can't remember.

i really dig VII's style.

There arent even textures on many enemies, just graded colors

>All the mini games in the Gold Saucer
>The scene after reaching Costa Del Sol and you can see the people being pushed back from the helicopter
>Won't be able to date Barret

Can you see into the future?
How the fuck do you know that?

Look at every FF since 10. They have only gotten more serious.

Sounds like tin-hat bullshit user.
You have any concrete examples/sources to point to?

>reno and rude disscussing who was the cutest girl in the terrotist group
>the date scene with berret

Fantasy games aren't cool anymore, user. There's a reason FFIX flopped hard and Square never went back to that format.

>people don't like that
>they hate the chibi world models too

Doesn't anyone remember that he doesn't actually have legs? he's not simply floating, the orb is used for levitation. There was a part where he actually hopped off and hopped on prosthetic legs to prove it, tho the legs were unfortunately a prerendered ground object that did nothing.

Meant to say he's not sitting, but whatever.

Yeah, I really wish they'd just touched up the models a bit and re-released the game a decade or so ago. It seems like now the urge is to remake the game in a realistic style that just isn't going to work.

I mean the first discs content will probably work, but after that point the visuals and the content will just clash too much. Hell if they wanted to remake the game they should have gone with a cell shaded anime style. That would have actually fit and worked.

>Loli CPR + Dolphin jumping
>Tifa x Scarlet slap fight minigame
>Shrinking of the entire temple of the ancients

I honestly don't even remember this guy.

Well cognitive dissonance marketing is a thing. You can look that up via google. Quite an interesting subject.

The witcher 3 example was that some info was leaked through some less trustworthy websites that the pc version would have a 30fps limit. People lost their shit over this. This then triggered a response from the devs who said the game would support 60fps. By then everyone was like omg based 3dpdprojectred.

The dmc4 special edition was announced as a small teaser at the end of a DmC trailer. First getting people triggered over DmC which it had done a gazillion times up to that point, and then smoothing it out with dmc4:se.

One of the first news articles about FF15 once it was rebranded is that it would have "one button action", also through a quick interview on a minor news website. People lost their shit. Then during one of the ATR, tabata clarified the situation, and apologized for the bad communication. If you're a big company with expensive products, why would you even release info in a way that is unreliable?
Everything is structured to take you on an emotional rollercoaster. It's what girls like when you do it to them because for some reason it makes them your bitch.

Is the guy from the fenix tower, right?

hope what they mean with episodes is that they will keep the 3 disc format of the ps1 game
and please allow you to play with the other characters

>FFIX flopped hard

This is simply false.

>shrinking the entire Temple of the Ancients
I forgot about this one.

This is going to be a god damn disaster.

I'm inclined to believe it's incompetence & ongoing design tweaks rather than a nested marketing scheme, but I will check out the CD marketing bit.

>8889

apparently

Better version.

>no more Cloud breaking the fourth wall in the tutorial area and pointing out the absurdity of a finger floating above his head
>no more cloud teaching a little girl how to use her limit break

Fuck this world, FF7 was charming as fuck.

don't forget Cloud using a dolphin to get into junon. after playing WoFF I've a small bit of hope that these scenes might stay in.

But these things are what made FF7 the most fun FF. It would be financial suicide for them to take it out.

Remember that they're not trying to tell FFVII, they're trying to sell the IDEA of FFVII.

This is not a game for fans of the old game. It's for new players who hear stories of that legendary JRPG that blew everyone's minds back in the day with the mature sci-fi story, and that guy with silver hair with an impossibly long sword, and the emo blondie with the giant sword, and breasts, and the lady that dies in the water. And who want to try something like that, but at the same time are too coddled by modern industry and don't want to play anything that isn't excessively flashy and DEFINITELY don't want to play something relatively slow and static as a turn-based RPG.

They changed the genre of the goddamn game. Changing story events will be nothing.

Et Cetera.
etcetc*

Is he really just floating on a green ball?

Shit, I just thought he wore green pants and folded his legs and was just hovering places.

>Cid will no longer treat his wife like shit

Well they might be better off saying it will be totally different. Nothing will be able to capture the sense of it being 1996 and FF7 coming out. It needs to be it's own thing. However trying to give people now the same feelings as we had back then isn't such a weird concept even for SE. They need to keep the silly shit.

And maybe having a more realistic graphical style and setting will make more timid silly stuff come out sillier.

This. It's nothing new either, this has pretty much been the case since the start of the FFVII Compilation stuff. VII was such a staggering success that even Square got blinded by it and forgot what FFVII really was. All that's left now that people know about are the big things like Sephiroth and Cloud's inner struggles and Aerith being a martyr. All the fun little things about the game got lost in the mix.

This game would be so controversial if it kept stuff like this. It would be like a new level in story telling. Imagine a party member that isn't all hero like, but he's actually a piece of shit.

please dont tell me based house is not gonna be in the remake user

I don't get this thread. Are you mindlessly thinking they're going to remove tons of stuff with no proof or are you all reminiscing about FFVII under the guise of the thread?

>Being faithful to the original would make it controversial
The sad part is it's true.

>"Will you stop acting like a retard and climb?"

I can not see Cid without his brashness.
It's the whole point of his character.

They'll remove the wife beating abuse references and he'll just tell everyone to "shaddup" in a redneck accent, like in Advent Children.

>Will you stop acting like a brave and special individual and climb?!
Fixed it for you. Pls higher me to localize, Square.

Wasn't the retard part just an odd translation anyway?

XV is doing pretty well, actually

The remake is so fucked. Was talking to a mate the other day and he was saying he didn't know how they'd do Cait Sith because he doesn't fit the theme and mood of the game.
I asked him if he even fucking played the original in the first place.

>aerith
die

This and the fact that it will be neutered, episodic, and have season pass + dlc all because this industry can ruin anything nowadays and blame it on "well we couldn't have possibly matched the hype and standards of the original. It was doomed to disappoint some people.". Instead of ya know, owning up and admitting they are just shit.

What the fuck is the thing on the right

The ball is clearly under his goddamn robe on the model. It's a tiny ass ball he's sitting on and the bit of the robe where his legs ought to go is draped down over it

This is not a hard concept to grasp, what the fuck are they doing

Most normies who "remember" FF7 actually only remember Advent Children. They probably didn't even own a PS1 at the time.

Wow I always thought he was just a tiny man with a huge head standing on the materia

really makes you think

I think it's fair to say FF7 in its entirety was an odd translation.

lil of both
a lot of the wacky things in FF7 exists due to its PS1 era graphics
I just don't see them being able to pull off a lot of the stuff like in I'm still looking forward to it, I just think it'll lose a lot of it's charm.

Western games were a mistake

The most likely possibility is it being a secret boss in part 1.

That means it's actually good. The beauty of old final fantasy games is that they were like the best books and movies. They told their story, no cut outs and no mercy. You got what you got and you had to deal with it and feel bro.

>You will never have a proper Final Fantasy 7 remake

Dont say that user, i have hopes that one day the gold sauser games will be partially multiplayer, racing and betting chocobos against others, submarine wars, stupid boxing rock paper scissors and snowboarding.

I'm worried that they'll remove Cloud's dialogue in the beginning. He was actually really concerned about all the innocent security guards and office workers at the reactor they blew up.