Capcom Cup 2016 predictions

Shit's gonna be starting in a few hours, what are your predictions on Capcom Cup 2016 Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/01/the-street-fighter-world-champion-will-emerge-this-weekend-at-ps-experience/
challonge.com/CapcomCup2016
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I predict no Juri.

Other than that, I'm open to anything, really.

Who do you think will win

or rather, who do you want to win?

It'll either be Tokido or some literally who. Dude deserves it, though. He's been putting in so much work only to come out second so many times.

whens melee?

Hopefully Sakura.

Never.

honestly i feel like the characters that are going to get revealed are dan and akuma

I haven't even looked at SFV since EVO

Is this going to be worth watching or is there still no reason for me to care. Have any of the new characters made it interesting? Are the grapplers still shit?

i feel it's gotten more interesting since evo

DR RAY WILL WIN
SCREENCAP THIS

literally who

Hungrybox was a mistake

Does it not start in 10 mins?

>who do I think will win?
NuckleDu or Tokido
>who do I want to win?
JWong or K-Brad

Tokido or Infiltration to win
Everyone else is leagues behind

actual tournament starts one hour later

Pre-show starts in 10 minutes, the actual event starts in a little over an hour and goes for 14 hours if I remember correctly

Pre game show lasts an hour then the tournament after

>NuckleDu
>leagues behind

>he fell for the Du meme

Imagine commentating 14 hours in a row

>want to play some games
>pre game show about to start
Is there going to be anything of merit shown then?
I might just have it on my phone while I play

I'm so fucking paranoid about the connection that I disable wifi entirely when I play online.

I highly doubt it but I'm hoping they will reveal something

I'm not sure if you are retarded or just pretending.

>Who do you think will win?
Tokido I suppose, but I'm not a betting man.
>Who do you want to win?
Go1/Goichi.

I dont have a hardline so i get fucked either way desu

Is there a chance for akuma or is he PSX only?

winner should make a design of ken that looks like the one we all know and love

Haven't kept up with SFV scene since EVO, is infiltration no longer the favorite to win? That nigga was wrecking faces left and right.

Any great American hope players?

>implying infil wont win and make the apex Juri waifu costume

Damn Phara is so hot.

Du is the current great US hope, but we also have JWong, Ricky, F champ, and our fucking guy K-brad

Infil is still one of the top players but pretty much everyone has caught up to his level so he isn't that far ahead anymore

nuckledu is probably america's only hope

>inb4 ricki ortiz

>Haven't kept up with SFV scene since EVO, is infiltration no longer the favorite to win?
Infiltration has kept relatively quiet in the past few months. He won a couple of tourneys, but placed somewhat far away from the top most of the time at most.

>Any great American hope players?
Du and his Guile have made some waves lately. Expect Japan to be prepared, though.

>mfw puff ditto/sm4sh

> Floe playing the Augustus Gloop song on his own stream

people still care about street fighter V?, amazing

Only way Justin is winning is if he got some SERIOUS nippon Chun training.

I think top 3 will be infil, tokido, and a random american. Possibly Du or Kbrad. KBrads game has improved significantly recently

People caring about Street Fighter isnt that weird user

V isnt very good right now, but changes are incredibly close now and we all want to see if it will become better

Where do I watch

https:// www twitch tv/capcomfighters

>People think Infil has gotten worse
It's all sandbagging, when you have twice the points as everyone and you've qualified through premiers and Evo reserved slots there's no point in revealing your actual strats before the real tournament

Hopefully capcom doesn't disappoint this time, ST V really hasn't been the big hit that it should have been

the link is not working

just a bit of a goof for ya tee hee

nobody said he gotten worse.

but if i was in his shoes I wouldn't show my tactics but I would still be winning the tournaments for dat prize money doe

Capcom would need to change a lot of the core mechanics to improve the game and we know they arent going to do that. All that will change are how antiairs work and damage/frame data tweaks.

He's got plenty of dosh, he regularly places well enough to get payouts as well as getting money and travel expenses from his sponsorship
More important to get that 200k at this event than 2k at smaller ones

Because the ultra casual audience watches and doesn't play. They want flashy shit and comeback moments. Sfv tries really hard to provide both but the best way to play the game is to not use anything that has flashy shit or creates comeback moments so nobody wants to watch, and nobody wants to play it. They casual zed for a wider audience but that audience never even picked it up.

He didn't get worse, everyone else got better, Nash got figured out and 6.2 frames made him a lot weaker

I honestly think Du can take the whole thing. He has been playing on fire and America finally has someone on equal ground to Japan and Korea.

>so nobody wants to watch, and nobody wants to play it
Then why are more people watching and playing?

> cammy without muscle
please delete this horrible thing

>sako is my favourite player
>dont want chun to win

time to #riseup for #wongnation

>Who I think will win
Either Infil, Tokido or nuckledu

>Who I want to win:
nuckledu, momochi

Why would you root for that fat chink hasbeen?

He can win it, so can most of the people in it but have to make it through what a basically grand finals tier matches all the way

Anyone else feels like the prize pool is too huge for this kind of event? The event doesn't really feel that big for this kind of huge prize pool. Do you think capcom put so much into the prize pool to kickstart the tourney scene for next year and make it bigger and more relevant?

I thought it was starting on sunday. I guess people talking about it being rebroadcast on espn2 on sunday fucked me up.

>Thinking Infil will play Nash

What's the prize pool?

justin is has an entertaining personality and he plays the same character as me. he is the fgc player i can relate to the most out of any game

It is still his best character. His Rashid is a bit too crazy and Rog okay but it won't stand up to this level of competition

400k.

250k raw and 350k with the dlc iirc

No, and what you said is stupid

>Thanks to the support of all of our fans we’ve exceeded our goal by raising more than $150,000 in additional prize money for Capcom Cup 2016 due to the sales of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC. With a baseline of $250,000 this puts the total at more than $400,000 — the largest prize pool in fighting game history!

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/01/the-street-fighter-world-champion-will-emerge-this-weekend-at-ps-experience/

Its Infiltration, you just know he has some crazy shit under wraps

That's why I love Capcom Cup, sure there's a few duds because the talent gap between SUPER good and just good is large. But most of it is just a constant Grand Finals tier matchup and it's the best.

They added Red Focus a few years into 4, they can always add mechanics.

I've been saying this since before evo; infil has a super secret pocket character that he's going to reveal at capcom cup

>No, and what you said is stupid
Why do retards immediately get triggered by such a question? Obviously Capcom is really pushing the tourney scene for next year. The event doesn't really feel that big like evo.

So they're going to unveil Sakura as the other season two character besides Akuma, right? Otherwise, what is the point of watching CPT?

I've got to be honest, this preshow is comfy as fuck. The only way it could be better is if Based Logan and FWord were there.

capcom cup feels just as big as evo. This is a exclusive tournament where you have to qualify for this tournament and end up fighting the best of the best players for the year, so to me the prize pool is justified

>reval two shotos at once
nope

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IS IT TOMMOROW ALREADY JUST SHOW THE SEASON 2 SO I CAN REST

I agree

wheres the bracket?

Considering the fucking mountain you have to climb to get into Capcom Cup, plus the insane amounts of talent you'll face, yeah the prize pool is worth it.

It's the biggest fighting game prize pool in history for a reason. I'm not saying it's not justified, I'm saying Capcom is really investing in making the scene bigger. I hope it will have the effect the expect. Because SFV's playercount is sinking.

mfw it's dan

challonge.com/CapcomCup2016

>t britcucks
Theyre pretty good, substitute Fword for Sajam right now and Id be happy

mfw when it's dan**

>Waifufags get btfo
>Dan the man in the game
glorious

I want Nemo to do cheeky shit.

tfw no qt twin girl

Anyone got the vlc link?

my niggas

Is my man Nemo in? Is he the only Vega player?

not a single laura player there. fix her ono!

nope, think he went to find dory :^]

Not in, Dr Ray plays vega though

DEAD.
GAME.

Sajam is literally on screen right now.

>people still going out of their way to diss sfv

who was in the cute here?

Will2Pac should be but the points system only rewards winning tournaments not consistent top 8s