Should I play Pathologic or Ori and the Blind Forest?

Should I play Pathologic or Ori and the Blind Forest?

Other urls found in this thread:

pathologic-game.com/blog/en/marble-nest/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I recently started pathologic myself and it's pretty awesome, aside from a couple bullshit moments where the game just expects you to guess what is you're supposed to do next.
I never could get that much into Ori, but that's just me.

Do i ever get to bang Eva?

No banging, only death

>Do i ever get to bang Eva?

hahaha

only suffering here

Pathologic is getting a whole new better version, which is being made right now, and due out next Fall

Play Ori

You'll probably enjoy Ori more

>Do i ever get to bang Eva?
This is Pathologic we're talking about.
Nothing but despair awaits you.

Pathologic takes a certain type of person to enjoy. It's pretty hard to pick up. I'd say ori.

should I play Lego Lord of the Rings or Mass Effect

Lego
Fun as fuck

But am I that type of person?

Pathologic is far worse than just "despair"
It's more like "alone old man breaks his own leg and dies of infection inside of his house and neighbours only discover him when it starts to smell real bad" kind of game.

Are you willing to suffer? Are you willing to keep moving forward even though each step is objectively worse than the last? Are you willing to give your life, your health, and/or your sanity in a town that either mistrusts or straight-up hates you? Are you willing to go to great lengths to save the life of one person even as ten more people die every time you turn around?

Then give Pathologic a try. The game sets an atmosphere that is LITERALLY unmatched in my opinion. I can only play the game for a couple hours at a time because it's just so fucking emotionally draining. But I fucking love it.

Pathologic is trash
Ori is a metroidvania that's pretty

You should definitely play both. I'd probably play Ori first, Pathologic is a... gruelling experience. It can take a while to complete, too (three paths, and the paths themselves are of different length).
Alternatively, you could play Pathologic and then Ori after one of the paths to break it up a bit.

>But am I that type of person?
I'm sure you are, user. I believe in you!
As long as you are willing to persist in the face of abject misery and despair, in the hope of a brighter future, you'll be able to appreciate it.

Eva a cute. Lara a best.

Oh wow you repost some stale shit talking about one of the best games ever made.

Fuck off.

>Pathologic is getting a whole new better version, which is being made right now, and due out next Fall
True, but it's also going to be substantially different. There's nothing wrong with wanting to wait and play that first, but now the HD remaster is out there's nothing stopping anyone from playing the current version either. It'll be worth it to experience both.

Also, I definitely should have mentioned. You don't want to look up the source of that art until you finish the game a couple of times, her other art has heavy spoilers for every path.

>tfw I've begun my journey to defeat an undefeatable foe

post best quotes.

>I've begun my journey to defeat an undefeatable foe
Good choice. You can do it, Actor, I believe in you!
Good luck.

Post artwork.

Isn't the Pathologic Remake demo available since like yesterday?
Is it good?

I've always loved the original introductory quote for the Haruspicus; it was the moment I knew I'd found an incredible game
>>How do they call upon menku, the true from the family of hierophants? They are distinguished by their hands, the butchers, the surgeons, the healers of the lines, the leaders of the Order, the ones that speak to the udurgs, masters of the art of the Haruspicus. Who is called the Haruspicus? One who tells the future by the guts, knows that the body is similar to the Universe.

Okay.

>I've begun my journey to defeat an undefeatable foe

what game

Wow, you sound like an emotional faggot, but good job I have to play this game now.

>Isn't the Pathologic Remake demo available since like yesterday?
It's not a demo, it's more of a pre-alpha teaser if anything.
>pathologic-game.com/blog/en/marble-nest/
>Is it good?
Yes. There's some discussion about it in the previous thread if you'd like to read it

...Pathologic.

can't fucking wait

executors look so great

>can't fucking wait
For the remake? Yeah, I know. It's gonna be so good.
You might also want to check

>executors look so great
I agree, their design is fantastic. Really distinctive and spooky, especially when you see them in the distance, and yet kind of endearing as well.
The new ones look surprisingly pettable.
>that moment one pops up in front of the camera in the remake teaser trailer

Pathologic is like 17 bucks in australia. Should i get it or pirate that shit? I dont mind giving money to good games

>small studio that doesn't fuck the customer over
Yeah, Ice Pick Lodge deserve to get paid.

Playing through the alpha of the remake right now. The performance is fucking terrible but the core gameplay is pretty solid and it still feels like Pathologic. I like the new dialogue interface and the music(only the main menu theme so far) is both haunting and amazing to listen to.

They're pretty based. I read that when The Void was released and found its way on to Russian torrent websites, Ice-Pick Lodge when on to the forums, talked with the seeders and ultimately posted their own complete torrent that included the soundtrack and whatnot.

Ori. Pathologic is hipster trash with no gameplay.

>I dont mind giving money to good games
That's a good attitude to have, user. Like said, Ice-Pick Lodge deserve the money more than any other dev/game I can think of - it's my favourite game, in fact.

>and it still feels like Pathologic.
That's good to hear. What do you think of the rest of the music, in-game? I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet.

>tfw you understood Pathologic less and less as the the game went on

By the end of it I didn't even know what the fuck everyone was talking about