Hey anons, it's me again. I made that thread last night about how I just started Bloodborne

Hey anons, it's me again. I made that thread last night about how I just started Bloodborne.

I jsut beat Vicar Amelia and now I'm not sure what to do. There was an area down to the right that I want to explore (and haven't yet) and I HAVE NOT interacted with the skull yet because knowing Souls games it does something fucky. So what should I do next?

Same as last time, any other anons feel free to contribute your experiences. New time Bloodborners welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rv9hn4IGofM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cool

interact with the skull
go to the area to the right, its zone dead ends
then go to the huge circular plaza on the stairs leading up to the cathedral and find a path branching off of there

Area to the right (exiting great cathedral) takes you somewhere. Area to the left takes to to a fight with 2 hunters and an area you can't access till later. Also, activate the skull you bitch. Also, figure all this shit out for yourself.

You should play Overwatch instead. Bloodborne didn't even win GOTY 2015.

The how is it they sell Bloodborne GOTY edition in stores hmmmmmm?
Checkmate

I've beaten the first 3-4 bosses and Bloodborne feels quite easy so far, is it supposed to get more difficult later?

So what's going on with the Abandoned Workshop? Why does it resemble the hub?

Anyone can take a shit in a box and call it goty edition. It only counts if it's the VGA goty though.

You have to go see Alfred and go to Forbidden Woods. Once you find the short cut in forbidden woods, drop gold coins to know where you've been there. That area is a shit place

the first few arent too much trouble. gets a bit harder when you get to the forbidden woods, byrgenworth and unseen village

Yes, though only the DLC and deep chalices get really difficult.

just interact with the skull. it just unlocks the path to a new area

from vicar you can head left (i think it was left, if it's not, head the other way) to hemwick charnel lane which is the next area you should explore

I picked this up on Black Friday and I've never played a souls game before. Considering starting tonight. Should I? What do I need to know?

The skull. Do it.

Combat rewards confidence. Be patient, though. Take the time to learn your controls and explore your surroundings.

Farm for blood vials early

Well at least it won't be a repeat of Ornstein and Smough.

Dreams are alternate realities, no less real than any waking world. The dream workshop is someone's (presumably Gerhman's or possibly the doll's) dream of what it was like at another point in time.

The only reason I was hesitant to do the skull is I was worried I might lock myself out of character quests.

I went to the right of the church and some invisible shit picked me up and killed me.

I also missed an area below the Health Workshop too because I took the elevator to go back to the church to open the gate.

Lock on is shit and makes the enemy melee track you, only use it on weak mob enemies or enemies you want to shoot

Fuck you shawn

Get the word "difficult" out of your mind. That's not what this game is about. Some parts will be difficult more or less depending on your play style and build. Just enjoy the ride. If you want something balls to the wall hard, seek the later chalice dungeons.

Just outside the cathedral ward (straight from lamp) check the corners and see if you can talk to Eileen the crow before you touch the skull. That's the only thing you will lock yourself out of if you touch the skull.

>Get the word "difficult" out of your mind.
I wish that the "difficult" meme had never happened. Ended up attracting a bunch of tryhards. Fuck the DaS marketing team.

Chalice dungeons are boring as all hell though. Shouldve been left out

The bosses are fun

yeah I already did taht and helped her fight at the tomb. Guess I'm good then. I'm currently tryingto find the lantern for forbidden woods.

I think might be right. This looks like the "poison swamp" and "foggy forest" areas that I hate so much.

I do too. Blame Bandai Namco for that one.

I think they are fine bit of extra content. I would have preferred they took that development time to make extra proper areas, though.

It's not that bad. Just watch out for a particular cannon.

Bloodboners*

>What do I need to know?
Don't give up. Souls doesn't get good until you really learn the game, then it opens up incredible opportunities. It takes a while to learn the basics. Timing is everything. In my opinion, Dark Souls 1 is the best starting point. Bloodborne is the second hardest in the series, IMO.

As for Bloodborne, use your lock-on. Choose STR or SKL earlyish. BT and ARC are useless until you have the right weapons. You can start leveling up as soon as you face your first boss, win or lose. Levels are plentiful in BB. If you're having trouble, remember to upgrade weapons. The parrys with guns are a huge part of the game so learn them early.

For your starting weapon, the hunter axe is really good for beginners but it can be a bit of a crutch if you rely on it. Saw Cleaver is a fantastic weapon to learn the game. Threaded Cane has the most learning curve, but is still good. Every single weapon can carry you to the end of the game. Just pick something that you like and learn its moveset. I also suggest the hunter's pistol so you can learn parrys.

For the best experience, pretend you're a adventurer/hunter in the universe. Check your surroundings for traps/clues. Read the description on every item you get. The games are about exploring a dead/dying world and piecing together the history. If you're autistic you can grab a notebook and try to piece together the story. BB is self contained and, in my opinion, is the easiest Souls to figure out.

Try to preserve resources. If it's your first time fighting a boss you know will rape you, don't heal and just observe it. If a boss is raping you, check your inv. Maybe you picked something up to help you.

Good luck and fear the Old Blood.

Late game, you can level up and have 10,000+ blood echoes left over. You might as well just spend them on like 20 vials before you go back in

Just beat Witch of Hemwick. What the fuck was that? Literally could be a boss fight in any shitty AAA title that holds your hand. Sorely disappointed

What was your insight?

>mfw Martyr Logarius
fuck this guy, what level did you guys beat him? I'm level 35, am I too low to beat him?

Oh. If you have zero insight, the boss is completely different and trivial.

I don't know, I thought the Witches were fine. Beat on first try but not without trying a bit.

Yeah, that's pretty low. Maybe come back later.

dead game

meanwhile the Witcher 3 is still winning awards

I just went through what I thought was the end of the forbidden woods but came back up near Iosefkas clinic. Is this another Dark Souls 3 "go back in time" moment or what?

Nah, you just found the back door to her clinic. Don't forget to kill the blue abominations in there.

He's more manageable at 45-50 with your weapons upgraded.

Why do I kill them? There's only one but it's non-hostile.

If I sent people there do they become those things? I don't think I sent anyone there.

Bloodborne isn't too difficult, I think the beginning is particularly brutal for someone who's never played a souls game but as a whole I'd say it's not much harder than any other game in the series since it actually encourages you to play aggressively. The Old Hunters on the other hand..

my first and ONLY tip for you, only send TWO people to the clinic, the man across the house from the whore, who speaks backwards, and the cannibal, kill the blobby thing, theyre already good as dead

is the cannibal the guy you meet picking at bodies in forbidden woods?

Not him but what can I do with Iosefka? She's kneeled on the table, waiting for my cock but I cannot give it to her. Should I come back later?

That's not Iosefka, user.

you should Give her a fully charged R2 up her ass and you will receive something special

I've beaten bloodborne three times. what fucking skull are you guys on about?

if youre seriously asking me, the guy whose eating dead bodies and covered in blood and acting like your best friend is the cannibal, then im actually impressed
and yes he is, DONT hit him, do not hit him, just send him to the clinic

Just looked that up. Gonna stick my threaded cane up her dilated pussy.

I've wanted to play this game ever since it came out. I just ordered the GOTY edition

I've only played the original Dark Souls once and a bit of DS2, but my toaster had a hard time running it so it became frustrating and I stopped

How lost will I be in Bloodborne?

the skull you need to get the password for

Read the thread, someone asked this and got good answers.

Just be observant and think before you act. Be more aggressive than in DaS.

oh wait nevermind. The beast skull in the church after amelia. brainfart.

>the man who speaks backwards
Who?

haha yeah I literally just remembered. I had a brain fart. it's been awhile since I played but every bb thread someone posts always gives me that itch. Since I don't like playing two games at once, I'm trying to rush through morrowind (first time playing through it) so I can get back to bb.

Oh wait, you mean the guy who does the opposite of what you tell him?

pretty lost, game is just as cryptic as times(thanks FROM), after you fight the father, but thats okay, as all souls games, wander, build up that weapon memory and enjoy the hunt
the man acrost the house from the whore, everything he spills is backwards, send him to the clinic, he goes to the chapel, says the whore is shady around the nun, the nun is actually shady twards the whore
the church and vilebloods dont get along well

yes, that faggot across from the whorehouse who's like hurrr fuck off liar durr. He does the opposite of what you tell him, so tell him to go to iosefka's, and he'll go to the chapel instead, which is what you want.

>morrowind
that brings me back, as soon as I stole the staff of levitation I destroyed that game

jesus christ that big snake mass in the woods scared the shit out of me. i was walking around fighting a small one and then hear "FWAKSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and got hit a with poison cumshot

I've been through the game 3 times and the woods still confuse the fuck out of me.

the woods are pretty spooky, the game all in itself is full of fuckery

I sort of already have myself. I got a quest to kill the dark brotherhood, found their base, killed them all, sold all their gear for like 50k gold, and then started training skills at trainers with all the money and kept getting x5 level up multipliers for my stats, so now I have like a 100 in multiple attributes. Fun game. Nice landscapes. cool weapons. crossbow and spear are dope.

Cainhurst is endgame tier.

I honestly might just run through the woods to the end. These snake shits freak me out and the big masses and snake humans are a bit strong to take out right now.

>crossbow
nice taste
in every game i horde money worse then dragon folklore, and how I play my character, will kill a whole village for one gold piece
makes the game fun

No wonder those fucking nigger things outside the castle are raping me so hard. I only just found out about the amygdalas. I just want the knight set.

>those hunchback witch enemies in hypogean gaol
>that grab attack where they grab your head and cut it open with a sickle repeatedly

Alright lets do some lore stuff. What's going on with the Blood-Starved Beast?

that zone is a death trap for early hunters
I speed runned to get my waifu Evelyn early
shame they fixed the fence glich, of well

Top spooky areas?
>Yahar Gul when abducted by Sackman
>Upper Cathedral ward
>Forbidden Woods

hemwick with 15 insight after amelia's death

you know, fate worse then death gets thrown around allot but bloodborne really makes me see the light, I have legit fear for the alien insight suckers

40-50 is a challenge
or come back at endgame and whoop his ass

regardless, you want to do the actual level early because it's easy and has chunks and there's a good gem outside the castle

>That fucking scream when they die
>Everything except dogs kill you in 1-2 hits
>Hypogean Gaol as a whole
>mfw

i'm about to go to hemwick for the first time. should i crank up my insight before going through?

Forgot to add
>That background music with spooky chants
What the fuck, man.

nice

Central Yharnam sewers especially the part with the pig. The first time I was there I had my back turned and did not see him coming.

would you perchance be a fellow stealth archer?

yes

makes it harder and spookier, no other benefit

What happens?

it's dark and mooks spawn everywhere

jesus fucking christ I've never been so fucking stressed out.

15 insight it is, then

>that lizard
>NOPE NOPE NOPE
>OH FU-

Holy fuck, that's like watching a real life Hollywood movie

You got that right, some anons will bitch about that play style, but it actually makes the game really fun, I also play naked to even the playing fields, if I get caught, im a dead man, but thats my own fault
nice char btw

what is this from? i've never seen snakes do this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=Rv9hn4IGofM

VILEBLOODS LEAVE

I've played the game thrice now, once with a with a "I have no idea what I'm doing" build using threaded cane, the next is SKL with rifle spear and finally STR with pizza cutter

what should I go for next? I've never touched Bloodtinge and Arcane aside from when I first played the game

I've never touched Int, Faith, Luck and all the other shit in Souls either

Pure skill with Rakuyo, enjoy the ez mode