UGC Smash Open - Day 2 thread

First Melee/Smash 4 major in St Louis. Pretty stacked - M2k, mang0, leffen, armada, hbox, zero, MKLEO, sfat, ESAM, iStudying, Salem, Abadango etc etc all there. Shame that literally every e-sport is hosting their event this weekend.

streams: @UGC @MeleeEveryday for melee, @UnrivaledTournaments @Events2Compete for smash 4

today is doubles full bracket + singles pools. schedule in the bread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7KN0UvnTFBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mentioning tr4sh

schedule

i dont follow tr4sh, can anyone beat scarflard these days?

Leffen/Ice will win doubles. This 7 confirms.

Is it safe to say PPMD has retired?

he's not even confirmed for genesis yet, like goddamn it's been 5 months since he said 'up to 10 weeks'

he's gone

We all know this is The Kid's tourney. Bustered out at dreamhack which he would have won if didn't go fucking falco vs. Hbox, now he'll take this tourney (and the #2 spot from hbox) for a nice cap on the year.

why can't gimr stream everything. fuckin no-names are never on time

we are finally live yee

Here's the commentary blocks

There was Ally in the summer, but now he seems like he got better again

zero and nairo on events2compete

>doubles
>pools

see you guys in a few hours

Where my peach mains at?

>having to settle for 2nd place
this is why mang0 isn't a true winner.
he isn't even the GOAT anymore

Our guy dabuz can, but he is not there and bustered out last time they played.

MKLeo has beaten zero too i think. I think it was at a ktar or something

this desu

I think it is 2-0 on zero's favor, last ktar zero won.

ah ok, maybe MKLeo beat dabuz then.

all i know is the kid is 16 and absolutely insane with meta knight

Yeah, he Beat him on smash factor 3-2 on losers finals. That tourney was weird, dabuz got 3-0 by Mr.R and Leo ended upwinning the tourney after mr.R choking once again.
But leo's biggest Win is vs nairo, since all his characters have positive matchups vs dabuz's, while zss is even.
Also, he's 15.

does ESAM have the highest variance among top players? he could win this tourney or lose in pools, neither would be too surprising

goddamn abu is shit at doubles

Who is getting into the next smash summit on the meme vote?

A small number, Kamemushi being one of them

it's over family

It's weird, I feel like Chu should be memey enough, but he's just not quite there.

abate would get in instantly if he said he wanted to go.

What's the time right now in St Louis?

-6 GMT i think, 11:24 am

>2GG Zero Saga has a 10000 pot bonus
>That's before donations and entry fees to further boost the pay out

Stay mad
Stay free

don't know what your point is, melee pots are consistently bigger. dreamhack had a 30k prize pool

Smash is not a fighting game.

So for singles

>Will Chudat learn the matchup and get revenge after the one sided EVO match?
>Will S2J get the runback against Dizz from CEO?
>Will Axe get embarrassed again and lose to another player he shouldn't, like HMW?

*EVO match against Duck

>mixing melee and smash 4 in one thread

It's like you're asking for a bad time

Shit what am I doing outside then

we always do it mang. no one cares if people just stay mature about it.

I don't know why but i see ChuDat having a really bad tournament. Hasn't really been to much in the past few months.

I think Dizzkid will make top 8 tho. Got him on my fantasy

>no one cares if people just stay mature about it
>stay mature

Haha nice one user

well fuck your game and fuck your char then. why don't you go play marvel instead BITCH

>Smash
>mature

literally a kid's party game

re-evaluate your life scrub

Honestly, he's not gotten anything lower than 17th all year. Looking at his projected bracket, even if he loses to Duck, he'll likely get at least 17th again. Unless Android is weirdly good against ICs. PPU though, I still remember him beating Nintendude kinda bad.

Fuck you my mom says i'm matchure for my age

1 v 1 me in mario party

yeah that's true, i know there's a pretty good ICs in sweden named JohnnyFight but not on Chu's level of course. Also duck sucks at the matchup iirc.

i never look at brackets when i do predictions but i definitely should next time.

no bully

absentpage is a really good $50 value, nice catch

I think Duck has somewhat learned the matchup, since earlier in the year, considering how well he did in it at EVO. I don't relay know his results against them after this though, but I'll hope that Duck loses so Chu has a chance at SFAT again.

would love nothing more than to see Chu beat SFAT again proving it wasn't just a fluky set at EVO.

when the FUCK is shmingles

Two hours I think.

anyone know what UGC's background is? with all this fancy production you'd think was an established series and not the first of its kind

Hugs will get top 8 and Sup Forums will be BTFO

Is Hugs gonna have the biggest drop in rank from 2015 to 2016?

>pools brackets underway
>not streamed for doubles shit

fuck this streamer

Just gargle baking soda and suck on Halls for a day. Works every time.

knowing west coast it on me, he'll probably still be ranked in the top 40, even tho he's maybe 50 at best

He's definitely beatable nowadays.
Ally did it consistently throughout the year.

Hugs has to play Shroomed to make top 48 on winners side, which is almost certainly a loss.
In losers he's projected to play Kels (who has a Sheik that's beaten Duck), Axe/Swedish, Prof/Colbol, and then whoever loses the match up in winners quarters between Leffen and Duck/Chu/SFAT.

That's a really rough road to top 8.

hbox-m2k is the team i hate the most.

>tfw Melee will never get the second spot at EVO again now that new Mahvel is coming

in the past 4 months he hasn't lost dude, it's not mid-2016 anymore

The one thing I remember with Shroomed against Samus is that Shroomed dropped a game to ESAM at Summit. I think he beats Duck though, so he'll probably win handily.

I thought that was Verne Troyer from the thumbnail

Yeah, Hugs is kinda trash vs Sheik. It's a rough match up for Samus and Hugs is probably the worst of the top Samus players at it.

he's always said that's the one matchup he's always had to work on, and after getting blasted by faceroll a few times, he 3-0'd him at an SSS and was like 'i got better at the matchup'. But i don't know, shroomed is not the most creative sheik but he's good enough to expose a slower playstyle like hugs

Our guy Chu on UGC right now.

CHU/PRO IS LEGIT

The comeback was real.

Idk how i feel about this score counter. took me a few seconds to even realize what it was.

Accurately speaking maybe 129th

based Coney on commentary, guess ill watch doubles after all

Doubles apparently doesn't do much for discussion.

yeh i've been back and forth just mainly waiting for singles right now.

ill prob watch doubles top 8 tho

Surprised MVD/ESAM didn't lose

What do you guys think about the hitbox being banned for genesis 4?

youtube.com/watch?v=7KN0UvnTFBM

What the fuck did zero do to his hair?

lame, honestly.

what is it with smashfags and energy drinks? too poor to afford addy?

top kek @ fendy

It's fair enough. Melee has existed in a vacuum chamber for fifteen years as far as controller usage is concerned, I don't mind keeping it that way.

>Blur and Phil for singles

not bad desu

team japan is gonna win doubles for sure. aba is a teams monster

meleeeveryday is live, although its puff vs peach

not really feeling this stream. way too overproduced. too much downtime, shitty music that repeats forever.

we need showdown or liva.

how'd i do tr4shfags?

Actually good besides maybe ESAM

>still not a serious fighting game :^)

esam just won smash the record so that's what i'm going off of

this pika is bretty good desu

He won during the sand bag tournament that had Mario Circuit and Port Town legal. He'll make top 32 sure, but he's not likely to get top eight which is what you want from your third highest pick.

ikr? pretty cool match desu. Better than the "a god stomps some scrub" matches we were watching

>Ally's Mario vs Quillys Bowser
This is a fun match

smash the record still had a lot of top players iirc. we forget that this is the guy that used to consistently make top 8 just over a year ago.

luigi is one char i never get tired of watching, even tho he's a gimmick

Which unranked players are going to make top 100 next year?

m2k in winners, ally is our best bet
>our guy
>"I cant play correctly if the crowd doesnt cheer for me"

No one takes STR seriously

ESAM is terrible now you messed up user