Want to rp a viking climbing huge monsters hacking at the weak spot of the monsters for the hamingja and Odin

>want to rp a viking climbing huge monsters hacking at the weak spot of the monsters for the hamingja and Odin

>tfw climb slowly when tall
>tfw no axe in game
>tfw have to be a faggot assassin to climb fast
>tfw have to be a faggot assassin to get abilities that can be used when climbing
>tfw fighter sucks ass

W H Y
help

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it REALLY needs a sequel

>>tfw fighter sucks ass
try early game mage, I wanted to rp some old wizard and ended up relying on pawns to do everything because spells take fucking forever

it does but we probably won't get anything beyond that fucking stupid jap only mmo bullshit

You'll have to be a warrior and fell them like timber instead

>cant even play as guts on the pc
fucking why bother

Why? Because being a fighter is the best way to not get your pawns killed, that's why.

>tfw fighter sucks ass
You're confusing fighter with warrior.

but my vidya fetish is climbing big beasts

Best way to not get your pawns killed is to make them fighters, they perfect block all the time.

>tfw fighter sucks ass

They don't really.
They have problems with flying enemies but aside from that they are good and one of the most fun vocations.

I think what i'm trying to ask is; is it somehow remotely reliable to mainly climb and hit shit even if i play as a fighter? Should i buy that appareance altering thingie and make myself smaller or something so i can climb those fuckers easier?
I'm only lvl 15 yet so i havent gotten to choose the next vocation or whatever

>tfw I made my main pawn a warrior

Call the cops faggots

You don't have to rely on the shitty non-strider climbing speed
You can jump after grabbing to something, then grab them again mid air
Try it

Playing right now, and I feel like the assassin class is terrible. I only do damage when i have wizards giving me elemental buffs, and most of the time my Warrior pawn runs up and 1 shots stuff. Meanwhile i have to hit them like 12 times.

You won't have access to the cool special attacks designed specifically for climbing, but you sure can perform sufficiently as any other non-magic vocation when climbing a monster. You'll just be limited to doing the basic attack, but as long as you do enough damage, it should work out.
>Should i buy that appareance altering thingie and make myself smaller or something so i can climb those fuckers easier?
Don't, unless you have crystals to waste. After you finish the main quest you can get an unlimited use appearance changing thingie for only marginally higher price.

Also, it's a class based game. Some classes are just better at certain things than the others, because they are supposed to.
You can change your vocation once you reach Gran Soren.

Why did I think naming my pawn von Whoopass was a good idea?

>using spells as a wizard\

just use that spell where you hold down the attack button and you collect those orbs on your staff

spam that shit because that's all you need

>trying to fight a Beholder for the first time as a Fighter

Assassin just might be the best vocation in the entire game. It has the best strength growth, access to the most weapons and the most fun playstyle. You just need to get a better weapon or something.

>I really want to play everything that class A is about
>I really don't like class B

>I'm playing B

I am starting this next week.
What is best (most fun) class? I often play mage users.

Try getting Sorc pawn. Pretty sure casting spells together takes less time

I was thinking about coming back to it after maxing fighter/warrior for the strength augmentations. an extra 200 str would be nice. As for weapons I used to use level 3 stilleto's (im level 36) and now am using lvl 2 of the flame daggers (because fire is so good in this game)

You don't need to be assassin to climb fast just get the augments

Size has nothing to do with climb speed.

Striders have an inherent bonus to climb speed and they have an augment that increases climb speed that you can use with other classes. There's also an item that increases your climb speed, gloves of might.

>I'm only lvl 15 yet so i havent gotten to choose the next vocation or whatever
You can change vocation as soon as you reach lvl 10.

Also learn to jump climb.
For example instead of simply climbing a cyclops grab it's arm and then jump off when he swings it up to land on it's face/back.

By late game, mashing light attack mindlessly with daggers will produce more DPS than a perfectly played warrior.

The only time warrior might do better is when you're fighting those high defense lizards early game if you aren't cutting their tail.

If you wanna do damage Strider has the highest melee dps in the game and ranger has the highest dps overall, although this board thinks blast arrows are cheating even though they're dirt cheap by late game.

>level as a mystic archer as soon as possible because of best class meme
>play through the game as this gay faggot worthless class that sucks if you can't bounce arrows in tunnels
>can't switch to mage, magic attack too low
>can't switch to strider, attack too low

thanks for the meme class faggots

Assassin/Strider.

Magic is weird in DD. You hold one key for 60 seconds and the cast a fucking Apocalypse.
If you want non-boring magic try Mystic Knight/Archer. They're mostly about powering up weapons with magic though.

Sorcerer for pure magick, Magick Archer and Mysic knights are the mixed classes and fun as well

Don't play mage past level 10 and leave that to pawns, they're the healslut class with lesser magic

Sorcerer has big spells and can spellsynch which is the closest to full control over your pawns, but don't underestimate Miasma and holy focused bolt, they're great quickcast spells

Yeah, i went about an odd route. I leveled fighter first, then assassin (why are their passive so meh... unless you only play at night i guess). no im onto strider, which im lvl 4/10 and I havn't seen too many good augments yet. Hopefully better ones later.

but ill keep that in mind, i don't use special arrows since they kind of wreck stuff without any weapon investment. I like the charge bow show a lot with the "increased damage when enemy has weapons away" augment.

Endgame weapons make stat growths pointless

I should probably get back to the game

thanks.

mystic knight seems fine. Is this guy correct, though? Also: is it an armour-type of character or a dodge-type?

leveling is decently fast in the game. Just go kill direwolves since they never fucking stop attacking at night.

Some stat growth is still important in end game. Like sorc pawn needs endurance to keep fulmination up longer. Sorc base endurance gain is crap.

Yeah, fire is the go to element in the base game, but its usefulness falls drastically on BBI. Lightning, frost and light get way more use there.
Also, I personally prefer to play a sword and board Assassin focused on counter attacks. Level up some Fighter to get the passive skill that increases the window for the perfect block, it really helps. The perfect block is a guaranteed stagger on pretty much everything, including the fucking Eliminators on BBI. The sword counter doesn't have as much stagger, but it's cool and does damage unlike the shield block. Dagger counter gives you a ton of iframes after it triggers, but daggers are for faggots and are just too op in this game.

Yeah the "easy kill" skill has a weird issue in my game where I take damage from the hit i "parry" but then get all the iframes and do a ton of damage. Is this how it should work?

>Speedrun mode
That was really fun

Armor. MK's main weapon is a shield in fact.

And No, he isn't. There're these people that insist minmaxing stats is a thing in this game, it's nothing but shitposting at this point though.

>Don't play mage past level 10 and leave that to pawns

Even left to pawns, mages are fucking useless. They do no damage and their heals are weaker, slower, and less reliable than dirt cheap healing items. Mage is literally pointless as a class.

Blast arrows aren't really necessary but they're really convenient for farming BBI and if you have a bulky pawn it can carry tons for you.

>he fell for the magic archer meme

A fully upgraded rusty bow on a ranger, Strider, or Assassin has more utility than a magic archer because it shits out status effects and leaves everything moving in slow motion thanks to torpor. A tip to anyone playing a bow user, keep a fully upgraded rusty bow on hand.

Strider is probably the best class overall. It has tons of mobility skills, is the fastest climber, and has the highest melee DPS thanks to brainsplitter spam. It can use a rusty bow to cripple everything, and can then switch to a powerful bow and call in an artillery strike with hailstorm volley + blast arrows. It won't do as much dps as tenfold from a ranger, but it'll cover a larger area and is nearly comparable in damage.

Ironically the yellow vocations are even better at tanking than the red ones thanks to being the only ones that can roll and Strider has extra mobility on top of that.

You should level as Assassin for the strength gains but end game Strider is king.

Which difficulty should I play it on my first playthrough?
Other RPGs, I usually play on >=hard. But this seem... different and I don't want to just suck the first 10 hours.

>dodge roll
I can verify this. Shit is amazing, and it can cancel some of your attacks. Makes the game feel like darksouls.

Didn't happen to me.
I think the dagger counter just gives you a plenty of iframes after it triggers with its counter attack animation.
The sword counter only blocks the first damaging instance, then starts the retaliation immediately. If you try to parry the multi-hit attack, you're likely to get hit by the follow-ups, unless you stagger the enemy with your counter.

dont play on hard mode
it doubles experience and money for the entire game, but everything in the first half of the game one shots you
so late game gets even EASIER and early game is just unfun bullshit
i recommend normal

Hard will make the start harder, but later it's even easier.

>tfw climb slowly when tall
There's an augment for that.

Hard is easier than normal after the first few levels since it shits gold at you and gives double exp.

>Is this guy correct, though?

Nope, min/maxing is pretty much a meme
Unless you play 200 levels of sorc and then decide you want to play warrior on Hard mode, you'll be perfectly fine
If you have any worries about it, just create a family share account, play a pure sorc in one account, and strength characters in another

Or just use this to respec later on, i didn't min/max but i use it for starting characters over without having to lose my fashion gear and stuff
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/

>installed nude mod not for the tiddies, but because a lot of the armors look fucking stupid with the default chest cloth thing.

>Unless you play 200 levels of sorc and then decide you want to play warrior on Hard mode, you'll be perfectly fine
At level 200 you'll be fine regardless. Enemies don't level with you.

I see your point, but i like mages for buffs/grapnel, not a fan of healing items when they're a guarantee i'll never risk dying, and legion's might mages are pretty neat

can I make a cute female char with a nice looking 2hand sword?
No japanese mmo bikini armor or hardcore male armor for girls please.

>can I make a cute female char with a nice looking 2hand sword?
Absolutely.
>No japanese mmo bikini armor or hardcore male armor for girls please.
DD has both of those, but I'm not sure what exactly is that you're looking for? If you want cutesy weebshit anime costumes, then it's not a game for you.

depends if you mean jrpg(anime) cute or wrpg(gritty) cute.
wrpg cute sure, jrpg cute no.

This is after going 200 levels as Fighter. Min/maxing is a complete meme; the only things that matters at 200 are your weapon and curatives.

DD has one of the most realistically looking armor selection.
Up until Dark Arise though. It introduced several edgelord armor sets which are of course the best in the game.

It fucking wasn't
I died by falling off the walls on the chase part of the gregory boss fight and had to restart from square fucking one

That must have been bullshit, not even wakestones can save you from that death in particular

It matters for your pawns.
Min/maxing a little so that your pawn could break the psychologically important 3000 attack/magic thresholds would make it more attractive for potential clients.

>not going double warrior with a mage hire

Can I start on hard after my first playthrough so it carries items over? I wanted to bumble around getting some BBI casting rings then restart so I can play sorc with fast cast

Fighter is the best goddamn starting class in the game. Don't let faggot Striders lead you to believe otherwise.

Goddamnit, I spent half a hour trying to get my pawns through that area only to learn that was pointless.

Assassin is meant to be taken once you're level 60+. You need a shit ton of beneficial skills from the Fighter and Warrior trees to contribute to it in order for it to be worth anything. Being a Fighter for 30+ levels then going Warrior JUST for the skills and tremendous STR growth and then either jumping back down to Fighter or going into Assassino is gr8.

>jrpg cute
no, normal western cute, like ciri from witcher e.g.
>armor
well you should be able too see curves. Don´t have to be half nude, just the armor shouldn´t be xxl. Just kinda like pic related.

He probably means the shit endurance the sorc gives, not exactly helpful with skills and blocking.

If you aren't playing warrior (his knockdown ability gets assfucked), you can play on hard comfortably on your first playthrough, if you take Bastion, an augment that reduces damage by a flat 250 and stops shitty enemies from one-shotting you

Fuck off
Assassin gives amazing stam and str, you don't need a billion hp amd most of the time it doesn't help anyway

>not going double fighters with no hire
cmon step it up

I was thinking of HP and defense, on hard mode BBI having half health and taking massive damage per hit is pretty bad

Enjoy your no loot.

Well, you can always compensate with perfect block and/or perfect defense
Or play MK and counter everything including spells. Man, that class is broken when used correctly

thanks all. Last question.
I am playing it on PC. Controller or m&k?

Hadn't started playing this yet, but had one question.

Is this game open world like TES series? Or are you locked following the same path without side quest/exploration?

the open world aspect is shit
There's also zero reason to explore since you'll go through all the landmarks by doing quests

controller
enjoy tight corridors when there's no ledge

Overall i found the mystic knight the vocation with most utility. You don't have to rely on your pawns when taking care of wraiths, living armour etc.

Fuck.

It's open world, but there isn't much to be found exploring other than finding hordes of wolves/goblins and occasionally a beast, doing the DLC area dungeon is more fun

Some side quests are cancelled if you progress beyond certain checkpoints, everything is cancelled when you're done with the main quest

no answer for

I just want to have a nice cute female char as a 2hnd sword warrior. With armor like pic related

Controller is more smooth.
Mouse is only better for bows, but it's still manageable with controller.

There is plenty of armor, but its more realistic so no titplate. I don't know what you want people to tell you. either google image search some armor in the game or buy/pirate it and see.

>using consumables

You can hotkey items on mk if that's a deal breaker, just press 1-5

Yes

Early exploration is actually incredibly rewarding and dangerous, because the mobs and loot don't scale to your level. You can go straight to endgame areas and get crazy good equipment, and the world is fairly large. It's not Skyrim big, or anything, but it's large enough that you can wander for hours.

You're locked out of about half the map until you get a little ways into the main storyline, which would probably take you around 3 hours on a first playthrough if you aren't beelining.

I'm the same way lol, i never use items in games unless im forced to. muh autism i guess.

I'm rocking sorc right now and was planning on doing Magic Archer later. I was figuring I'd do 100 sorc, then switch to MA for massive magic damage destruction with the good ol' magic bow. Is it worth doing any other classes for stamina? I don't really care for daggers though, I just wanna pewpew.

Stamina is still important for bow skills

>min maxing

You can learn shit from other vocations. This game has literally the best class system in the history of video-games. Not flawless but still the best.

There's actually a set of armor that looks almost exactly like that; the Gryphic set.

Throw on one of the many red cloaks and enjoy

>not going sorc till 200 and then switching to MA

If you want to play MA, just play MA instead of delaying and regretting you experienced the game as some other class you didn't want to play
MA can completely assblast everything regardless of base stats, gear and upgrading is far more important
min max your fun, not stats

So how does that shit even work? Can i switch to Strider, level up a bit, get their climbing augmentations and then switch back to Fighter and still use them?

>Playing MA with auto aim bullshit in the game with the best Bow gameplay in the history of the vidya.
I hate you

thanks

is there a female version of this?

Also can I play this alone like Souls or do I always need pawns?

I am actually having a fucking blast playing Sorcerer, so I'm not really doing it for the sake of min-maxing. I think both classes sound fun, and that MA would benefit from the Sorcerer leveling up. I was just concerned that I might be totally fucking myself on stamina or something.

Climbing speed is inherent to class, you can't get that in particular
There's a glove that raises your climbing speed, though

If you're playing fighter and want to climb, just jump and regrab enemies again midair, it's faster than climbing

Armor is a flat damage reduction so fast small damage hits do next to nothing until you get enough attack power to overcome the armor. Late game assassin is a monster due to their massive attack growth.

Male and female armors all look the same. There is even a boobplate armor for men. Some things, like thongs, are gender-restricted though and cannot be worn by the opposite sex.

You can play alone or with up to 3 pawns. There are even skills you can get that increase your power when you're alone.

Actually on second thought there are a couple of things that change, but for the most part everything will look the same on men and women

You should by fine on stamina, unless you decide to stack magick rebalancer 4 times very often