FFXV and TLG took over 9 years to develop each...

FFXV and TLG took over 9 years to develop each. Both cost a ridiculous amount of money and used "top" Japanese developers.

They were still btfo by a game from one pretentious hipster.

How angry are you that your 2 most hyped games of the year were rekt by some rpgmaker shit?

(You) tried

I'm right though.

>cheap and simple furry bait indie shit gets good reviews because all of its flaws are overshadowed by muh feels and muh 4th wall
I'm still pissed. Sun/Moon were terrific at least.

bumping it like it's hawt

It's not a realistic grading system when cheap shit like this can outscore a 3 year 200 man project

He's right though.

>caring about mainstream opinion

Of course the type of faggot to do this would also bestow upon himself OP duty.

>"retro" indie flavor of the month game with progressive fag characters is popular

Big surprise

>It's not realistic when a game that cost a lot of money to make isn't as good as one that didn't cost a lot of money.

Are you fucking retarded? Kill yourself any time.

if FF15 were $5 it'd be an easy 10/10
anyone who would complain about that is beyond poor

>A game I haven't played and don't understand is getting praise, and this angers me.

Ok, kid.

Reminder that FFXIII has around the same Metacritic score even though it's literally leagues worse than XV.

>good
That's where you're fucking up son. You are basing your sense of quality on the opinions of faceless husks who listen to nickelback and don't think there's anything wrong with a fedora.

He's not even wrong. Undertale is more memorable too

>blah blah blah these straw men I invented listen to nickleback, how can you even disagree now!

Fuck up, faggot. The argument was that if a game costs more to produce, it should receive a better score. Kill yourself.

I wasted around 2 hours on this retarded game because a friend bought it for me on steam and I didn't want to look like a cunt and not play it

Game was exactly like I expected, just overhyped indieshit that tries to be unique with a "deep" story. Only reason it managed to be successful is because of the autistic teenagers who buy and play whatever their favorite YouTuber tells them to

>pissed because I have the illusory ability to form my own opinions
>literally just getting mad lmfao

It's pretty common actually. A big team doesn't mean shit if the ideas behind what they're doing is bad.

>A game I haven't played and don't understand is getting praise, and this angers me!

>They like a game I don't, autism!

The irony of this autistic faggot is unparalleled.

>an indie PC game
>memorable

lel

>The undertale hatebase is still angry that people enjoyed the best game of 2015

I'm not mad though, undertale is fantastic

>comparing apples to oranges
>when it all boils down to opinion
>metacritic suddenly matters when I say it does
>trying to actively provoke shitposting

You're a sad person with a likely tiny penis.

>The tiny penis fallacy

Projecting much?

>MGSV
>FF15
>TLG

What the hell is wrong with Japan? Why can't anyone meet a budget and a deadline? Why can't they release finished games after all this time and money?

>A game I haven't played

Read my post you cockmongler I regrettably spent a couple of miserable hours on this game. There's no need to get all in a fit because I insulted your favorite special snowflake indie game, just find another hipstershit borefest to shill for

Gonna focus on that because you know my points are right?

Also my penis small but you don't see me shitposting on Sup Forums because of it.

>Shill
>indieshit
>Special snowflake
>Played for an hour and walked away calling the story pretentious

Damn son, any more buzzwords you want to fit in?

No need to get this mad just because you didn't get it.

You were right with the other points, dropping lines about small dick just seems like a manlet small dick thing to do though.

>They were still btfo by a game from one pretentious hipster.

you answered your own question. Of course modern game "journalists" are gonna blush of some overplayed retro revival shit made by one homo in a basement. If it's just good enough and hey ONE PERSON! Vs games that took 10 years and have huge teams. If the game is good, hell it still took 9 years and an army to complete.

>Team Ico and FF get shit on
>while youtubers, review sites, meme games and literally fucking character skins are praised like the second coming of christ

It's officially over.

It was said that The Last Guardian struggles in the PS4 but not in the pro, was this confirmed? If so Sony is pretty much shitting themselves

But you are shitposting. Because of your tiny dick.

Undertale is $10. Standards are lower. Imagine they sold it at $60 and that score would be much lower.

TLG didn't cost a lot of money. This game went hiatus when SIE Japan Studio started helping Fromsoft with the PhyreEngine to make Demon Souls, then it got delayed further when some of the staff were reassigned to make Vita games and launch titles for the PS4. the project only really started when they finished helping Fromsoft develop with their custom game engine for BloodBorne, hence we finally got the gameplay demo of TLG on 2015. Basically TLG's game development only really has just 21 months of real development time, Majority of genDesign's concept assets were overhauled and updated including the script according to Ueda

The problem is that they're being rated on budget and not their quality.

Indie games frequently get a pass for being bad just because it was some small indie studio with low expectations.

Its almost like being the sole creator for an 8 hour game allows you to have your artistic vision intact, instead of trying to make it appeal enough to sell millions via design by commitee

There is undeniably a double standard in regards to Indie games.

At least in video games, new indie games cost like one-sixth, or fourth of a full-price game, unlike Indie movies which are either free, or the same price of regular (read actual) movie. Some indie, Egyptian movie about vampires has I think a 100% on RT, and it's complete fucking garbage.

and then it went and sold millions anyway
maybe some people should take the fucking hint

I think both games are actually pretty great. Thankfully I can enjoy and form my own opinions instead of being influenced by desperate Nintendo fanboys that have nothing to play.

by that logic every F2P game is 11/10

who can complain at that price

>How angry are you that your 2 most hyped games of the year were rekt by some rpgmaker shit?
Describe rekt because both games will make more money day 1 than this ever did.

A smaller development team and budget is actually better so this is doesn't surprise me.

Different standards and expectations

Not at all, no.

Undertale is an overrated indie shit that got high scores because the fucking child fanbase made it easy adrevenue to shit out a high score for it, same as Minecraft

Yep, all those kids working for major journalistic publications.

We should have see this coming a mile away.

ffxv is almost about as old as youtube.

Fucking great reading comprehension kiddo

you are pretty stupid.

children are always easiest sale. which is why most of the shit you see before you are meant for children then goes to adults.
all of mainstream music is meant for kids, all of your movies are meant for kids, all of your games are meant for kids.

kids are easy customers. its business.

>It got high scores because kids like it.

Still retarded.

The only good thing about undertale is the music.

>Still not getting it
The fucking fanbase exploded by word of mouth and led to it being massively popular so reviews pander to the kiddy audience by handing it a review for a high score and they get a shitload of views and cash from the audience to stupid to use adblock
Same shit as Minecraft

>to stupid
Ok kid.

Got any evidence, or just salty conjecture?

Looks Like PC wins again

You think any journo would give this piece of shit time of fucking day if it only had 1000 talking about it online instead of all of tumblr?

Good thing I can form my own opinions instead of relying on the corrupted media uh?

Difference being most f2p games are inherently shit.

So, no evidence?

Ok kid.

go back to /fur/ or /mlp/

Find me 5 Steam games that have a small audience, not shown at a gaming expo that have any IGN coverage

>ok kid.
*tip fedora*

Nice argument, faggot.

>People talked about it, so they all gave t high scores. the merit of the game is meaningless.

Nah.

But I'll be unbiased, unlike you. Do you have anything to back this up at all?

"ok kid" in a dismissive way is not a better argument tho.

It kinda is.

You highlight a statement that is clearly retarded, say "OK kid", and then ask them to back it up with some evidence.

So far, no one has backed up the alegations made, so Undertale remains one of the highest rated games of 2015 based on it's own merit.

adrevenue is a real deal with commercial website, which is where you get all your "rating" data from.

No I don't.

Different demographics.

At 30, ff15 is comfy as fuck. Optimistic about last guardian.

Undertale on the other hand was 2 or 3/10. But that makes sense. It's a game for middle schoolers. If you're in middle school, you probably think undertale is better.

Just different opinions coming from different groups.

Hes not. Anyone who played all 3 of those games and thinks Undertale was the best of them is fucking retarded.

Great fucking grammar on that on green text faggot
Alright fine, I'll spoonfeed your baby ass
>Freedom Planet
>Party Hard
>Unbox
>The Book of Unwritten Tales
>A Story About My Uncle
These are great games on Steam with high positive percentages among users but don't have massively over sized fanbases so IGN doesn't even fucking talk about them and other sites have no problem giving them low scores
This is what I say when Undertale and Minecraft are only given time of day when many other games are left to rot, their fanbase is easy to exploit for ad money because their ravenous asses will keep sending links of the review to all of their friends just to convince them to buy it

Seems like a lot of people clearly disagree with you.

It's almost like opinions are a thing. Weird, huh?

>their fanbase is easy to exploit for ad money because their ravenous asses will keep sending links of the review to all of their friends just to convince them to buy it

Nah. That's retarded.

They're not retarded, they're probably just young. It's basically did you grow up in the 80s/90s with dragon Quest and ff1-7, or did you grown up in the late 2000s and read home stuck all day.

Sure you can analyze a game from anow academic perspective to say which is more well made. But we're honestly not great at that yet.

Realistically it's just a matter of which demographic you fall into.

apples and oranges moron

>Seems like a lot
You mean retarded journos who give Gone Home a fucking 9/10 and tumblr?
Put these three games in the hands of the average normie and see how many of them actually give Undertale the time of day
Fine, apparently there's no getting to you, keep convincing yourself that this shit is DA BEST GAME EVAR XD and then wonder why everyone's forgotten about it in 2 years

Basically this.

If you're young and grew up with memes, I'd say it's safe to bet you liked undertale more.

If you're a bit older and played ico or ff6 on release, you probably like tlg or ff15 more.

My guess is that it's pretty reliably an age/maturity thing. Absolutely nothing wrong with kids liking stuff made for them, rather than stuff made for their parents.

>DA BEST GAME EVAR XD

I don't even like this game. It's just funny that every time it's mentioned autistic retards come out of the wood work and scream THIS GAME IS 0/10 THE ONLY REASON IT GOT GOOD REVIEWS WAS BECAUSE OF THESE CONSPIRACY THEORIES.

EVIDENCE, WHAT'S THAT? XD.

so is ffxv

>If you're young and grew up with memes, I'd say it's safe to bet you liked undertale more.

Undertale doesn't have memes though.

I have no interest in Undertale but have preordered The Last Guardian and will get FFXV at half price.

Ok. Now disregard all the people who voted for Undertale on the ground it was lgbtia and globalism agenda, because their opinion is obviously biased for the worst. Who else praised Undertale for its actual qualities, which mean: level design, battle design, scenario and subsystems like quests etc.?

There's no way anyone who grew up playing FF6 would like FFXV. Undertale is closer to FF6 than FFXV.

indie shit is rated in the same context as AAA games

>FFXV and TLG took over 9 years to develop each. Both cost a ridiculous amount of money and used "top" Japanese developers.

They're still totally incomparable, though. FFXV is absolutely the ultimate emblem of everything wrong with Squeenix, and possibly Japanese AAA development generally, but TLG was a long-cancelled game that Sony dragged out of the grave to pad their exclusives-list.

Undertale actually took 4 years to be made technically though.

>anything on the shitstation
>good