Spoonfeed me on this meme, also who the fuck is Dave Lang?

Spoonfeed me on this meme, also who the fuck is Dave Lang?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VCW7ucvmobw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just fucking get an emulator and try it. It's fun.

1. There is a website called giantbomb
2. This site is run by a group of guys that love old video games. (They cover video games and shit)
3. One of their favorite competitive classic video game is Windjammers. There are multiple streams and videos of them playing this game
4. They are friends with a man by the name of Dave Lang
5. He is the founder and CEO of a company called Iron Galaxy
6. Iron Galaxy does a lot of ports of video games including older games to newer consoles and pc
7. Because they are good friends with Dave Lang, Giantbomb has him on a bunch of their live streams and videos and he has played windjammers a bunch.
8. Also Windjammers is a old game that has a weird IP ownership history and it was hard to see a re-release of the game coming anytime soon, however the Giantbomb team still implored Dave Lang to try and port the game
9. Dave Land and Giantbomb are also friends with Gio Corsi, the dude that presented it at PSX. So it was just a friendly jab at him.

That's the history of that shit. But yeah, windjammers is an amazing game and you should emulate the game or watch some videos.

One of my favorite games.
Pong on crack.
Went to a con with some buddies recently and they had it and we spent almost all 3 days playing it exclusively.
Is good

non of the remake have the right feel.

Only the original Windjammers on the Neo Geo was any good.

It's a table hocky game arcadefied for Neo Geo. There's really nothing much else to it. Watch the How to Play screen and you are set.

>giant bomb
>liking games
Those niggers ARE Sup Forums

Think they'll play windjammers against Dan on the next UPF?

it's fun as fuck

Sup Forums likes games, they only pretend they dont.

>who the fuck is Dave Lang

youtube.com/watch?v=VCW7ucvmobw

>mfw i have a neog geo mvs in my living room but the wind jammers cart is crazy expensive

blame e-celeb fags for hyping it up. It used to be only around $100. The game doesn't have much content besides pvp but >muh fav jewtuber apes out while playing so I must get it too

Is it on any of the bootleg carts? i have the 148 in 1 only, and it has some shitty knockoff game called "Bang Bead" thats more like a fast pased pong, no grabbing the disc or anything,

WINDJAMMERS IT THE GREATEST HOTSEAT MULTIPLAYER GAME OF ALL TIME

I learned about it yearrrssss ago from ggpo//fgg/ before they were on /vg/ and I couldn't be happier that it's getting a re-release

If you're a fan of Lethal League, there are enough similarities here and there that I can confidently recommend this game to you. Real fast paced, characters with some subtle nuances in relation to basic mechanics and unique moves to spice them up.

I gotta play Windjammers sometime, seems fun

Get some friends and hop onto Fightcade if you want to play it online before the PS4 version comes out.
I hope we get a Steam port or something but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm probably gonna have to do that since I don't own a PS4

Are there any games like Windjammers and Lethal League that are this good?

No

Wand Wars is similar but also has no players.

Reminder that dotemu is handling the PS4 port so you shouldn't hold your breath for quality.

Is there a technique to getting the disc to bounce straight up off you so you get a super or is that purely random?

It's a frame perfect move

You gotta hit the throw button right as the disc is about to hit you. Your characters will put their arms up to block it, and that will bounce it up.

If the opponent lobs it instead of the standard throw, if you dash and hold under the crosshair you can charge up for a special shot.

They're also doing the Ys Origin port. The game is going to be unplayable.

This is who Dave Lang is.