FFX-2

Just started this, beat X yesterday. I've heard it's horrible plenty, but has a good battle system. What am I in for Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4IcP_E7ik7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=c0VZWScmUO4
youtube.com/watch?v=aRpkI1K_lHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fun.

V hates everything.

Well you're in for a horrible game
With a good battle system

I enjoyed it but without a guide you'll miss everything. Hell, even with the guide you'll miss everything.

this

Of course, don't even think about taking the story seriously.

Charlie's Angels JRPG

Good battle system ruined by every boss being stupidly easy outside the post-game dungeon

Sounds incredible.

Play it and form your own opinion you spineless fuck

I really enjoyed it. All the negative input (and that's all there is on Sup Forums mostly) WILL change how you feel about everything. Don't let people put ideas in your head. Stop making shit threads.

Also this is the perfect way to explain it.

It's fine in it's own right, but I'd recommend waiting a while before going into it right after finishing X. The tonal shift can be hard to swallow. Think of it this way as far as tone goes.

>X is North Korea during a state funeral.
>X2 is South Korea during a pop music festival.

The tonal shift will be jarring if you jump into it right after X.

It's fucking fantastic, pretty much everything about it. I guess if you think X is high art you might be offended by the writing but I thought it blended lightheartedness and drama really freaking well.

I'm sure plenty dislike it for legitimate reasons but a lot of the dogpile 'its shit!' declarations really do seem like people who couldn't POSSIBLY bring themselves to enjoy a charlies angels chickfest

Pretty fun but the story isn't so good and basically all the content is reused. And it's a very "Dad walks in"-esque game.

It is a hell of a change

>FFX "hurry" music
youtube.com/watch?v=4IcP_E7ik7Y

>FFX-2 "hurry" music
youtube.com/watch?v=c0VZWScmUO4

fapityfap fap fap fap

a good fap fap fap

>basically all the content is reused
It makes logical sense for the monsters and locations to be reused considering its the exact same setting.

Thank god I live alone. Surprised most commenters so far have said good things about it, was expecting it to be shit on. Even the guy who just sold it to me said he hated both X and X-2... we did make fun of Tidus together though

>using scan lvl 3 for upskirts on the girls

I often beat it to Riki tbqh.

It's a girly-girl kinda game, OP; it'll turn you into a faggot if you play it.

Who the fuck told you it has a good battle system? It's extremely basic, the gimmick is that you can switch jobs mid battle but all jobs are boring as hell and some are completely useless/overpowered. There's not a single memorable fight in this game. Also it locks you out of the perfect ending if you dont talk to 3 NPCs in the CORRECT (And you have you to guess it) order at the prologue. if you miss them or talk to them in the wrong order, you cant get the good ending anymore

Not really. It makes sense to have the same setting. i.e besaid island or spira as a whole.

It doesn't makes sense to have LITERALLY the same maps though. If I recall correctly there's only 3 original maps: The farplane, mt gagazet and zanarkand maze

It's fun, there's cute girls, it's easy to navigate, and the story is good for what it is despite the two faggot male MCs. Basically better than all the garbage released after it.

This. It was fun, until I was stuck. Wasn't strong enough & had no save to revert back to. What a fool I was.

WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU

I CAN'T HEAR YOU

>story is good

did you huff pain thinner as a child?

>you now remember er the hot tub scene that came out of no where

I forget their names but there's a bungling duo of villains and one of them always yells "This cannot BEEEEE" upon defeat. My brother and I have been quoting this since the games release.

Play it with a guide and follow it strictly if you want the good ending. Otherwise just enjoy the hijinks if you can, love the battle system and stuff, and possibly enjoy some of the darkest moments in any FF game that kinda come out of nowhere in an otherwise very light hearted adventure.

Some of that shit is fucked up.

I loved it

then again I was 12. dressphere and end-game is sweet but since were all 20somethings it's a disorientating cringefest and does seep fanservice at times

but who cares have fun

One of the comfiest games in the series. Also My favorite World.

Why is Tidus's face so prone for meming guys?

I've always wondered about this image, I saw the "HA HA HA HA HA" scene and X and the meme finally clicked. Is this some shitty artist rendition?

>brother in law and his wife (whatever the fuck that makes her) named their third or fourth kid Tidus
I don't know if it makes it better or worse that they pronounce it Tie-dus, or if it doesn't matter at all.

Some of my earliest faps

>And it's a very "Dad walks in"-esque game.

Not just that, its a "anyone in the other room game" too
>OOH OOH THERE, YES

This though

Are you sure they didn't name him Titus?

It's photoshopped. IIRC someone on Sup Forums made it as a desktop and then it got meme-ized on Sup Forums and sent over here.

paine is best girl need more goth girls in vidya

>state that game is commonly unpopular
>suddenly all the contrarians on Sup Forums love it

Only with long hair.

If you have any aspirations of getting even 80% completion, follow a guide.
And don't skip Maechen's dialogue.

>Don't take the story seriously
>In a JRPG

Story is basically the main selling point for JRPGs since gameplay is definitely not their defining feature.

>mfw I completed the blue bullet spell list on Yuna

I remember really really wanting to use Yuna as a songstress so I could look at her thighs, but ended up giving that job to Rikku, whose higher speed made her much better at it.

Oh well

>Not having Yuna as thief for her delicious abs

Good battles bad everything else.

Dick status?

Can't wear a skirt with a dick

She was hotter in FFX.

I think I fapped to X-2 and the outfit managerie in the back of the brady games guide more than I've fapped to anything else in my life.

X-2 should have been Wakka's game

Stopped at the back massage minigame

SIR

A good gameplay system paired with disgusting characters, plot and design.

NTY. While most of the characters in X were unlikable, he was one of the most unlikable. Him Tidus and Yuna would be the power trio of garbage.

Shit taste Wakka was great. Yuna can fuck off though

Wakka was just a dumb hick, his personality was way too one note for me ya?

Also shit taste, Yuna was great.

>follow a gamefaqs guide to the letter
>forgot something in the next to last chapter of the miihen highroad mystery before going to the last chapter
>mfw no backup save
I couldn't bring myself to finish the game because of that.
Maybe it's time to replay it.

This. Honestly, the story is closer to what I want out of my Japanese anime. Some legit complaints are the reusing way too much content from X and the real villain is sort of `what?`. Would've preferred if it was more grounded with Leblanc or whoever and not some save the world shit. Note also that SE has a history of making some nice mechanics and floundering with scenarios to use them in. X-2 is no exception, but FF is a casual franchise. Can't have it all.

>brother in law and his wife(whatever the fuck that makes her)
That would be your sister.

Make a separate save game before you infiltrate LeBlanc's room.
You will thank me later.

It's his wife's brother, you dolt.

This is good advice, though I'd take it a step forward. Have at least 3 saves and when you save overwrite the oldest one. It's just one of those games.

>buy prima guide
>follow religiously
>finish with 99.9%

I will never play this game again

I want to Bhed Rikku Al night, alright?

WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU LOL

Loved this game. Fuck v and it's opinion of it too. Yuna running around in short shorts and a fun battle system? What's to hate?

I accidentally equipped that bracelet that makes run into more enemies and OMG. Every other step there was a battle. Felt like it took years finishing that dungeon.

Rikku running around instead of Yuna and Lulu instead of Paine.

If you've just started it, why don't you play it and find out? What am I in for threads are fucking cancer, and it pretty much sounds like you've been told what to expect.

Ignore the guide fags. All you need is a short checklist for how to get the Mascot dressphere. 90% of which builds up to but occurs during Chapter 4.

i love half naked 16 year olds

Wait a minute. That trip...

FFX is in my top 3 FF games

bought X-2 it back in the day and only put 10 minutes into it
came with the HD remaster and havnt even touched it
i'd rather just play FFX

CUS 1000 WORDS

Fun gameplay and exploration, stupid story, and a few cringe moments here and there. I feel like they wasted a lot of potential.

I'm still disappointed that they didn't used this chance to tell us the Jet history

>he gave the sphere to new yevon

Soundtrack is 10.5/10

That mini game in luca with couns is better than gwent.

Not that it says much they just made gwent its own games to milk witcheretards

1000 WORDSS

Is a good song

The writing is absolutely cringeworthy but the gameplay is pretty fun, and has the best battle system of a series that never had exceptional gameplay in the first place.

the japanese or english one?

The writing isnt any worse than ffx, other ff games ir othet video games in general.

People are just afraid of playing a game with cute girls in an upbeat atmosphere

I don't like your post. It sucks.

___both

Take off your waifu googles, m8. The writing is bad, even for JRPG standards.

CALL OUT THROUGH THE AGES

Its not, its completely fine.

Take off your hate everything Sup Forums glasses

so what is vegnagun

MUH

Best op
youtube.com/watch?v=aRpkI1K_lHA

Yuna > Rikku