What the fuck is happening to video games? Everyone here has a seen a franchise butchered to death...

What the fuck is happening to video games? Everyone here has a seen a franchise butchered to death, and we all know the quality of games is dropping and has been for some time (e.g. games being released with glitches, games having ridiculously priced DLC or most of the game being DLC).

So what the fuck is happening? All I hear is 'vote with your wallet', which is a valid strategy, its the main reason I don't buy a ton of video games anymore, so how are all these shitty games going on to sell millions of copies? Explain this shit to me. If you want better games you gotta show that some change needs to be made, namely, not providing the companies with profit.

Pic goddam relate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mII9NZ8MMVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

normies

Have you ever spoken to a normal person? They'll buy anything that gets advertised enough. My brother bought fucking Watch Dogs for some reason.

The masses love garbage, so that's what they get with AAA games.

If you want quality, stock to indie games.

I do have one friend who buys and pre-orders games very often, most big titles in fact. I often tell him to wait for reviews because he's made a few purchases he wasn't happy with. So I understand that people like him must be a cornerstone in generating profit for video game companies.

But everyone can't be like this guy, can they?

most people are like that guy

This, smaller devs produce better content

The cost and manpower to make a triple A title is becoming impossible to manage we will see more and more studios closing

Good advertising and the fact that most people don't research before buying

General societal decline

>inb4 pol
Pol is right about literally everything especially 8 oni- CHAN pol

Normalfags are a modern day thing created by the shit tier society we live in which is created by a small group of people who want everything to be shit because it makes things easier to control and exploit

Again, general societal decline
Everything is getting worse, vidya, tv, movies
People are working more and getting paid less, the majority of college students are there more meme degrees worth fuck all, social media is making even normalfags start to suck at face to face interaction and texting has made them reject phone calling, and because of that all the texting rules apply like "oh dont respond too fast or with too many"

Literally think of anything good, and tell me its not slowly getting bad, or that you cant list off a bunch of whatever that used to be good but now is bad

Hopefully Trump is actually gonna practice what he preaches and go full fascism and clean shit up

The irony of this is that it's never been easier to get a game published to either PC or console as a smaller studio.

Isn't there a way to make literally any Xbox One into a dev kit?

Yes they can be like that.

These people are those targeted by and sold things entirely through hype. Which is how current development of all stripes market during pre-release.

There's already hundreds of lifetimes worth of entertainment media in existence. Anyone could find a movie collection, or book series, or game series already in the world that they haven't tried and based on informed if subjective accounting of the works; would enjoy to fill their time with.

But instead of perusing something they can get their hands on they spend dozens of hours discussing the "Coming soon".

I hope so, i put my trust into him, would break my soul to find out he can't or won't do shit, and just be another talking head, we need action and we need it BAD

>These people are those targeted by and sold things entirely through hype. Which is how current development of all stripes market during pre-release.

And even indie studios are partaking in this behavior. Pretty disgusting for guys who used to be all "fuck the money, man. I just wanna create ART"

video games are made for children. You're old and the times are different now.

The moment you stop taking children's games so seriously the sooner you'll be less miserable about MUH INDUSTRY

I don't want to be too pessimistic, but I have to agree with your post. I'm not an American, but the state of the world seems to be in some sort of decline.

lmao every fucking generation says this.

>what is the US objectively getting worse and worse since 1913
>what is the federal reserve being created at the tail end of the same year
>what was womens liberation
>what are the world wars that followed soon after
>what was the civil rights movement

etc

>clean shit up
this isn't the first time society has been in a similar decline. study a little bit about the fall of especially greece and even rome, then us how well you think 'cleaning shit up' will work

im not even a doomsday tard or Sup Forumsshit but this shit worries me

>what was weimar germany
>what was germany under hitler before the allies conveniently destroyed it

Who is behind all of this?!

>video games are made for children
This. Only retarded kids would be dumb enough to buy any of the shovelware glitchfest incomplete games coming out these days.

the industry was gutted when they realized how much money they can make off of micro transactions and pay as you play DLC bullshit

shit is getting bad bros :C

>well-off entity looks to secure it's best interests and insure future success by instilling a common hatred and plan to exterminate
>plan backfires, other entities have their own motives in the conflict and leads to the collapse of the original plan
>new progressive generation rises on the thought the previous hardworking gen was morally wrong
>society and it's social divisions begin to equalize and majority of people live comfortably in apathy with only speciallized skills
>corruption in future generation's government takes hold, general pop. of people don't know or care
>shit falls apart before being brought back together by hard-working people with common hatred, blame and goals like weimar germany
IT KEEPS HAPPENING

youtube.com/watch?v=mII9NZ8MMVM

Start with this

Then look up all wars are bankers wars

Then the greatest story never told

Even if all AAA and indie devs were 100% honest and humble at all times it doesn't change the nature of pre-release promotion, which means that every feature and development goal is a promise.

What I'm getting at is there still seems to be an expectation of new things being better or inherently good, or valuable. When there's no assurance for any of that, and it seems like such a limiting way to focus that I honestly can't understand why someone aware marketing is an engine to break promises lets themselves be swain by it. Not because of cynicism but again because there's millions of other things you can be doing with your time than watching 8 people perform redundant analysis of trailers on youtube.

Dead Rising has been a meme-fiesta since day one, so if anything they're being consistent.

you kind of get it but have stuff wrong like extermination and that everything is cyclical

weimar germany was from the aftermath of ww1
nazi germany was basically a perfect society, 0 unemployment, 0 crime, everyone had a bf/gf/fiancee/spoue
everyone was well of financially, the country had no debt, great education, everyone was happy

see here

>game is sold out on Amazon, gamestop and Best buy

I didn't need to know this.

There is a very big difference between a sometimes campy game that takes itself seriously and a game that never takes itself seriously at any point.

Ever watch the 60's Batman show with Adam West? Despite how absurd everything is in that show, all of the characters within it play it completely straight. No matter what happens, no matter how absurd, no one bats an eye and rolls with it.

Then you might see parodies of that show on things like Family Guy, in which they will only ever go "Hey look at this, isn't it so silly?" and have all of the characters in on the joke and treating nothing seriously.

That's the difference between DR1 and DR4, on top of putting in things like slushie exo suits in the game without it even being a bonus unlock, taking out conventional psycho fights, recasting Frank's VA for no good reason, changing how Frank looks overall, charging money to get the true ending via DLC, and taking out the time limit (bitch and moan about it all you want, but it was a crucial element of the original game that encouraged replaying it several times and really gain a mastery over the environment).

They played their hand right and sold the other installments on current gen tech and PC 6 months 3 months before launch. That has spun hype and has show people will just buy into the brand.

You're assuming the video game industry makes money off people that post on funny image boards and that you or I or anyone here can sway their business. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

modern liberal hippies.

My little brother gained a bunch of faith when he decided to get Gears 4, which was a great game and proof that when developers listen good things happen, instead of Halo 5, which is proof that when you don't listen all fails, but then the little fucker decided to buy Mafia 3. He had to go to six stores to find it because it was sold out. I couldn't even fucking believe it when he said it. I really am starting to believe that all the shit I saw back in 2008 where people who were in there 20s were saying gaming was dead. I can't even decide if its part of growing up or if its because the games are actually bad. I can't even bring myself to play anything besides ultra casual stuff like Gears, Rocket League, and Minecraft with mods anymore. I can't even play WoW anymore, which I have for years.

>Dead Rising 1 - 2006
>Multiple endings and a secret ending if you do things right

>Dead risisng 4 - 2016
>Only 1 ending no matter what you do
>true ending is DLC

If anything, it's becoming more dull. The boss fights are fucking boring compared to what the previous games had. It's making DR3 look like a masterpiece.

big business dinosaurs and "focus groups"/"play testers"

>mods
name em

Don't hate on Play Testers. I was one for a while. I know you think they are stupid (like the guy in Half Life 2) but they spend HOURS a day trying to replicate bugs. I would do stupid shit like that too if I was being paid next to nothing to do stuff like that and then have my bugs basically marked as "nonissues" and put into the game anyway.

Waaaay too many to name, the big one that is the base at the moment is Advent of Ascension.

This all the way. The first 2 games were not winking to the audience the entire time, and actually helps you suspend your disbelief. For the new games the main characters don't give a shit if the main characters don't care why should I?