Look! A Titanfall Thread, Now the odds are in our favor

Look! A Titanfall Thread, Now the odds are in our favor.

Getting this as a christmas gift on ps4, how do i not suck online?

stop playing FPS with a controller

I heard this game is sweet. Should I buy it today?

fuck finals, i hope they do more double xp weekends soon so i can play

You should its a blast, campaing isn't half bad

I'd rather not play on a dead platform

I played this game during its free trial period last weekend and I thought it was fucking cool, not to mention how smoothly it ran on my old-ass computer. I'm worried about playercount on PC though, how long does it take to find servers for you guys on PC?

attrition, amped hardpoint and bounty are very fast

some gamemodes are 100% dead as expected

Reminder that if you play Tone you should fucking kill yourself.

>smart core online

>LASER CORE ONLINE

It's shit, sadly. Slightly better if you take Grand Cannon but then you miss out on free laser tripwire or better vortex shield. Fortunately the rest of Ion's abilities make up for it.

>go to a high ground position
>enable smart core
>enable long range mode
>mow niggas down with Legionbro

Justice Rains from Above!

laser core is a good doomed sendoff. its terrible in a stand up fight, but flanking or using as you eject its alright.

I think this game has been shilled something fierce on Sup Forums since they blundered so hard on the release date.

The game is basically titanfall 1 but not as good. The same problems that were in that are not rectified here and the maps are worse than the first game. But "people" are pushing so hard that its some kind of under the radar gem. Its a fun game for 8 hours (including the sp campaign which is like 4 hours of nothing special) after 4 or 5 hours of mp its pretty boring. Not much room for teamplay, every map feels like cod nuke town with the way spawns work and the gun play feels exactly like mw2. Its basically future cod done right. Except its still cod so its pretty boring at this point.

tldr: games fun for a day but hardly the best shooter ever made

>flame core online
haha just kidding I'm always dead before or immediately after getting it

i dont even care, just run away from legion. salvo makes me want to shit blood.

attrition it never takes me more than a minute, and that's mornings/afternoons. peak hours it takes no time at all

try outrunning a bullet

Yeah the maps suck and it feels like the predecessor to the first in so many ways. Have no idea why people treat it as some underappreciated masterpiece.

>infinite ammo during smart core

Go fast

Use blatantly OP weapons/titans such as Devotion and Legion

I find matches within 10 seconds.

>mastiff

So does cloaking make you invisible to players who are in titans? I've noticed it does fuck all against pilots who are running around on foot but when they are on titans they never seem to notice me until I start clambering on.

>devotion
>legion
>op

:)

You're 100% invisible to players in titans, yes.

I should add they can still see your thrusters unless you have low profile.

>blatantly OP
>Devotion and Legion
>Not Hemlock and Tone

>devotion
>legion
Did you mean Volt and Tone? ))))

>hemlock
>not Flatline or G2

>Guy tries to punch me
>Use Phase
>He uses Phase too
>I see him pop into the alternate dimension
>I can see him searching for me

I didn't know that could even happen. Was scared shitless.

i had that happen to me once. ever since then ive wondered if you can score a melee kill in the other realm.

phase shift boxing matches when.

no you are invinicble in phase shift no matter what

So guys what's the deal with Nuclear Ronins?
I got killed by one because I'm a fatass scorch and i got bodyblocked in a corner by him and one of his mates
By the time I respawned aka a few seconds he ALREADY had another titan available, and it is not the first time I noticed nuclear ronins had an alarmingly fast Titanfall availability
Do you get bonus on the next titan if you catch someone in your explosion or something?

I'll give you Flatline, but not G2. I don't think I've ever actually been killed by one. Even the Flatline, I only usually die if they fire first. But the Hemlock doesn't care. I can fire first and they'll still kill me every time. Especially at a range. Hemlock is the only weapon in the entire game that I genuinely feel needs a series balance patch.

damn

serious*

Player count definitely is low but its easy to get a game still

>Hemlock and Tone
>not CAR

if you kill a titan with a nuke eject you get a new titan for you, yeah

God is a close-range bae for sure, but it doesn't have the range to keep up with anything outside of SMG class. Hemlock is effective at all ranges.

It's all about nuclear Northstars, bro. Just as fast but also can tether the enemy to fuck them over no matter what.

I think dealing damage to Titans spawns your Titan faster.

I could be wrong, but I generally roll with Auto-Titan with my Pilot geared for Anti-Titan (MLG/Arc/Low Profile), and from my Titan being destroyed and me just casually taking pot shots at unaware Titans, my shit regenerates so fast it's ridiculous.

I always use the G2 and it's a truely underrated weapon

I understand that's the point of Phase entirely, but man, that's kinda disappointing. Would be nice to share those experiences with other Phase users instead of just being able to see where they're going.

I believe you get a new titan if you kill one with the suicide bomb. Ronin is the best Titan for suicide bombing since you can phase dash and get through most of the ejecting phase before coming back to reality. No one can see where you're coming from until just before you self-destruct.

is this a legit strat? I really want to know now

I'm sure if you tether an enemy from behind, yes. But considering Titans with their cores exposed are made of paper, keeping an enemy directly infront of you might not be the best idea if it's looking at you.

It's not one that people plan for outright considering you have to be doomed now to cause a nuclear eject but many use it as their exit strategy

Scorch is my waifu

You have a pretty thicc waifu, user. Though her prime termination is pretty swish.

Fact: all primes look like shit so far, stock models with warpaints are miles better

Im more of a Tone Person but I Scorch is pretty cool

She's a complete slut
Literal thermitedump
Think of all that thick napalm being pumped in her mechawomb map after map

Still not as good as the 123 Combo from Tone

>2014
>Sup Forums kept ripping on Titanfall and calling it a CoD clone with mechs that just made you "giant soldiers"
>2016
>Sup Forums loves Titanfall 2

Did they improve that much on the original game?

I have a friend that played the original a lot. Says a lot of things are improved, but some of the things they got right on the first game didn't carry over to the second. Can't seem to find anyone who's willing to say which one of the two is better as a game.

As someone who only entered Titanfall with this second entry, I'm having a fucking blast. Every time I think I got everything figured out, I find out something new about the game and its mechanics.

delet scorch is pure

Wonder why they designed the Prime Titans the way they did. I won't whine about something unless it affects the gameplay, but the Prime Titans look like prototype versions of the Titans. A cool concept, but weird all around.

I played this during the free weekend, sadly missed the -33% sale, but found a -25% one.

IIRC the free weekend progression carries over?

Correct. What you earned in the free weekend carries over to the game when you buy it.

SCORCH BOYS WW@

/tfg/'s Titangirls don't look a thing like their actual counterparts. Why does Tone have read hair, especially when Scorch already has firey hair? You can definitely tell the designs were drawn then spammed by some autistic weeb artist. Do you even gijinka? Fucking seriously.

>People who turn the Titans into anime girls

Disgusting.

Aww shiet it's time to be credit to team and sonar everywhere.

You guys saying the default rifle isn't great? I haven't used any other weapon but it just seems pretty effective.

>Being credit to team on Titanfall

Nigga, what you do is go fast, top the charts with 120+ points, then tell everyone how hard you had to carry.

>Using recon knife

God bless you.

Right here. Still mad I didn't realize it'd take me nine regeneration phases to get anime ass all over my scorch Titan. Misread it and thought I'd get all the extra nose arts at once.

Every full auto weapon is good. People just have their favorites.

Porque no los dos?
I run recon knife + tone, sonar all the time.
You gotta find those last few grunts in Bounty Hunts somehow, no?

grapple is reddit hook.

Use stim/phase shift.

Tone is reddit shitter, use our waifu scorch or use basically anything but tone.

Epg is fun, but for fast kills use alternator.

AND DON"T PLAY LIKE COD FAG, if there are wallrunning and sliding, use that shit. NEVER STOP GOING FAST.

>Phase Shift
>Using a get out of jail free card

What are you fucking casual?

>dissing tone
>credit to team: the titan
???

I put a fair amount of time into the first game. Overall I'd say that gameplay is better in 2, but 1 had better and more interesting map design that really played to the strengths of the pilot/titan disparity. The current map set feels less varied and like they played it kind of safe, particularly when you look at the DLC maps that got released.

nah, if you phase shift and stand where a player is, you burst him. They also made an execution of that for everyone else when you get 50 executions

>Not using phase offensively

Nigga you know if your hitbox overlaps with an enemy on phase-back you explode them for an insta-kill? It's hilarious to use on campers and assholes crouch-hiding in corners.

tone is the most overpowered titan in game, so rddt took it upon themselves to use ONLY that, and everyone else who gets it just because of that.

So there are nothing but tones everywhere

>Playing literally the most overpowered Titan in the game even after her nerfs

By using Tone you're basically telling everybody you're a colossal faggot. Likewise if you use Devotion.

Reminder that most shrubbery and trees can be shot through, this is especially useful vs titans.

What other titan can I use to be credit to tiim?

Pilot abilities, I get. There are so many choices, and most all of them are viable, so just pick what you want.

Titans though, why would I NOT pick Tone? Your capabilities in a Titan are already severely limited by which one you pick, and Tone covers 80% of situations. She's simply too fucking good.

I love how efficient I am at this game.
It's so much fun going for the objective and seeing how you actually benefit the team with your playstyle.

What're your load outs Sup Forums? How cancer are you?

Alternator/Hemlock/Devotion
MGL
Grapple Hook
Gravity Star
Nuke Eject Thunderstorm Ronin

I'll admit I don't know much about map design, but I hate Angel City. I'm sure there are other Titanfall 1 maps I'd like, but something about Angel City just makes me mad. I love the idea of fighting and running through an actual marketplace block, but it just seems to me whoever has the higher ground on Angel City usually comes out the victor. No point of staying in buildings or on the ground in that map.

>"Don't play like a CoDfag.Never stop going fast."
>"Grapple is for redditfags."

What? Grapple is pretty much the personification of the game's movement system because it allows you to easy chain together exactly the things you're talking about. I'll give you Stim, as that can serve a very similar purpose. But telling people not to grapple and use Phase instead, while also telling them to constantly use wallrunning and sliding to not be a "CoDfag" is one of the most backwards things I've seen in these threads.

Spot on about Tone, tho. Shit's for casuals.

Extensive play in LTS tells me that Tone isn't as bad as most people think. Ion is secretly the strongest waifu, but she lets Tone take the glory because she's shy. Tone and Ion battle it out for strongest overall I think.

T. Person who has genned up Scorch, Ronin and Ion but is still only level 2 with Tone.

Post some webms.
Please

>Easy to play and credit to team on most maps
Ion
Legion

>Hard to play and credit to team on most maps
Scorch

>Really hard to play effectively and only work well on specific maps
Ronin
Northstar

>Babby mode
Tone

Scorch. Can roast 3 titans or more at once if know how to play, or even use that burning finger thing from G Gundam.

Also the Prime version as a fucking smack down execution move.

Ion is decent, but godly against Legion.

And Ronin is for swift moves followed by nuclear kamikaze.

The major issue with Tone is that she's effective in situations she shouldn't be. At long range Northstar should absolutely out class every other Titan, but because her shots are projectiles and not hitscan, Tone is the better long range Titan besides on some specific huge maps.

>how long does it take to find servers for you guys on PC?
I play mixtape and occasionally just bounty hunt.

Have absolutely no problem. Sometimes Rocket League takes longer to connect to game, because that one sometimes times out before connecting to the server. That's something I haven't had happening to me yet in TF2.

I meant literally credit to team, as in has abilities that help them not just "I deal damage good". That's what I liked about Tone before, it's sonar helped other pilots hunt down enemies.

Tone loses a lot of what makes it great on any map with an ample amount of cover. If I can get behind one as a Ronin I can take it out or at least doom it 9 times out of 10.

you find the grunts by goin FAST

You know, some people say Ronin is the most anime mecha, but I think Northstar even moreso. Yes, he beats a fucking samurai-style mecha in my book.

>G2 semi-auto
>Wingman revolver
>Phase
>Grenades
>Nuke Eject Ronin/Turbo Engine Scorch

Northstar's cluster missile can effectively shut off a pilot pathway for a good ten seconds with the enhanced payload mod.

just be pulsebalde then. samething and get more blades over time.

CAR/R-102/Flatline
P2016/Wingman
Grapple Hook
Firestar
Nuclear Ricochet Ronin