Horizon Zero Dawn

curious what peoples thoughts are on this one, i haven't seen many threads about it

Concept looks fucking amazon. Just wish it let you pick male or female character. As it stands I probably won't play it. May get it for my sister though.

Meant amazing lol.

You don't want to be a girl?

I'm hyped for it. Can't decide if I'll get it on launch or not though. Isn't Nier coming out like a week later?

Has a shit ton of potential but it remains to be seen if it is executed well and has any replay value.

Without either of the latter it will be forgotten in two weeks.

That's my concern as well, after Watch Dogs I have trust issues with games I'm excited for

Its a neat concept, but the gameplay seems very underwhelming.

(OP) Yeah despite my interest I'll admit the gameplay looks fairly by the numbers, hopefully the delay was to brush up the gameplay a bit

(OP) although I'm not a game developer so I don't know how long that would take

It's getting delayed again by the way, it was more or less indirectly revealed by Shu at his kinda funny conference at psx. I hate when Sony dose this shit and really wish they would honour release dates

I would prefer it more if they didn't push devs to meet strict guidelines. I'd rather wait for a complete game than have a rushed mess of a launch and have wait several months before its worth buying.

>From the makers of Halo Killer Killzone

Sonydrones will worship it while everyone else scratches their head in confusion

I want Aloy to crush me with her powerful thighs!

Could be okay. Is it PS4 exclusive? I have a ps4 but it really seems like the kind of game id prefer on PC cuz muh graphics.

Yes, first party sony game

yeah it's ps4 exclusive

Funnily enough that's surprisingly exactly what they do, they aren't rushing this game at all to meet a deadline, they don't have to and have more incentive to leave it cooking for longer but they announce completely random release dates to the public in which they have no intention of honouring in the first place, you can read it all over shus face in his interview when he was pressed on weather or not Horizon would be released in feb next year. This strategy just gets annoying. I rather they announce real release dates when they actually have the intention to release on that day

fair point.

I can't shake the feeling that it's a linear experience dressed up like an open world game. Everything I've seen seems like you go from set piece fight to set piece fight with mindless collection in between. Also bitch is ugly.

As it's been said in the thread, cool concept but barely more of a game than Lara Croft or Uncharted.

We don't really know much.

Apparantely there is more to this game than what you'd think at first but journalists are not allowed to speak of it and the devs are very hush hush.

The game is on my radar, but it's not a game I'm counting down the days for.

Is there any melee weapons? All I've seen is just bow action.

Open world Jungle/Tech hybrid adventure that you'll get bored of in 6 hours.

meh..

Nice graphics
Shit game

Guerrilla Games/10

Cool setting and idea.

Not a fan of gameplay shown and don't trust the devs enough to assume there is something cool under their sleeve.

Interesting concept, gameplaywise it will be as bland as every other third person adventure

>I rather they announce real release dates when they actually have the intention to release on that day

With games this is actually pretty difficult to do, at least if you want a polished and complete experience.

>You don't want to be a girl?

Not everyone is bisexual.

I'm hoping Kojima can dick the gay out if 'em

It looks like a standard open world game that everyone got tired of years ago

Funny you say that, since I get the feeling it won't be open world as well.

Those satellite dish dinos are literal assasin's creed eagle vision towers that you have to climb on top of to reveal the copypasted filler garbage on the map. Talk about a massive boner killer.

I'm done for good with these shitty open world games like this, witcher or pretty much every single one of them whose entire maps consist of huge stretches of land filled with low effort copypasted garbage. If they at least had the decency to spread some really nice secrets with some tough dungeons with great shit that you could find deep down in them, then exploration would be fine, but as it stands, this post-GTA/elder scrolls open world garbage is nothing but a shitty marketing gimmick to lure normies in.

>l-look how big our copypasted map is! member skyrim????

I don't own a PS4 so...

I honestly can't think of an open world game with good gameplay. The enjoyment of them has always been in exploration, world building, and story. I also don't consider first person shooter or first person anything real games though

There is nothing wrong with that though. True open world games mean flat and almost non existant level design

Looks a lot more promising compared to days gone. Hopefully guerrilla games can make it game more than just a UniSoft game.

You have a spear, that's all I know for sure

I'll buy it but only because I got a dust collecting PS4 Pro and there's no games out for it that really justify it's purchase so far. Looks like this is the only game that will really make good use of the Pro.

Looks fine but I think the combat might get stale. Bows are boring as fuck and they really haven't shown anything to suggest melee being very viable.

Also, down the line fighting humans will be just extremely tedious

Witcher 3, FFXV, Batman Arkham Knight and to an extent WD2 were pretty good though

It's terrible shit like Far Cry, Mad Max, MGSV that gives the genre a bad name. All I'm saying is that it can be done well

It looks amazing so it's almost guaranteed to be shit

(this is OP)
>promising compared to days gone
while I agree I'm hopeful for it, "promising compared to Days Gone" isn't much of a milestone lmfao

>Witcher 3, FFXV

Yeah no. Witcher 3 and FFXV have by far the worst open world design I have ever seen in my life. I thoroughly enjoyed Witcher 3 and did almost every sidequest before beating it, but it's open world is hot garbage. The points of interest are just lazy copypasted garbage and the game suffers from loot bloat, which I fucking hate with a passion, even more so when you will simply never end up finding some cool useful shit on it due to its terrible level scaled loot system that ALWAYS gives you garbage items no matter what. I actually went right to witcher 1 after beating it and I find its world MUCH more consistent and dense content-wise.

FFXV I have literally just dropped. I made it to chapter 7 but enough, I'm simply not having any fun whatsoever with this game because the entire world is filled with absolutely fucking retarded fetch quests of shop owners asking you to bring them a fucking tomato or to go their fucking farm to get some shitty vegetable. To fucking hell with that. The hunts I'm fine with but the fact you can only pick a single one and then have to go all the way back to the shop with these minute long loading times have absolutely killed it for me. The last straw was after I got Titan and Ramuh and saw how fucking garbage the entire summoning system is. It's completely fucking random and not even once have the prompt appeared when I was fighting some actually tough shit I could really use some help for instead of getting triggered by random fucking trash mobs. Besides, Ramuh got me REALLY fucking hyped when I first saw him in the duscae demo and he is downgraded to fucking hell and beyond in the final game. His model is noticeably blurrier and he lacks the particle effects he was supposed to have when he goes away. Talk about a boner killer.

As for batman, well, I don't like these games that practically play themselves. The world means shit when the gameplay is pure fucking ass.

That webm is extremely misleading. He's basically hitting what would be the block button in other games but since it's Batman he's not just going to sit there taking punches. It would take ten minutes to beat everyone up that way and they're the only enemy type you can do that with.

It would be more interesting if the bitch's inner monologue ever stfu. That shit is horrible.