>>360400360

As long as Krystal returns to Star Fox I will be happy.

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/03/23/rumor-japanese-developer-treasure-could-be-done-making-video-games/
eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-23-nintendo-asked-burnout-dev-to-make-wii-u-f-zero
youtube.com/watch?v=cUipNAjACQM
eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The short they made for starfox zero was nice
The starfax games aren't that great anyway, so just turn it into an anime series

FURFAGS WIN AGAIN

FLAGSHIP STARFOX GAME WHEN

They could start by maybe recouping Star Fox Zero by releasing it for the Switch, but tinkering it to be a single-screen experience with competent controls.
The content of Star Fox Zero is still decent, but horribly marred by controls and the use of two screens. It would be a chance to make up for the inadequacies in the content as well.

Literally never because Flagship has been defunct since 2007

>Miyamoto wants to keep working on Star Fox

More Star Fox eh? I'm down with tha--wait.

Wait.

That means more chances for Krystal to come back.

No! NO! Don't do it Shiggy! Leave it dead!

I'd buy it again if they did this. I don't understand how they could fuck up the controls so bad after they proved they could make it work with splatoon.

>star fox keeps fucking up
>still gets more chances
>f-zero is still dead
I hate everything

>miyamoto-wants-to-put-more-energy-into-star-fox

Ironic then that you decided to avoid making normal controls for Star For Zero

f-zero is dead for the opposite reason

The main thing about Splatoon is that you can very easily compensate on the fly, because you're using a combination of the gyro for fine-tuned aiming, and the right analogue stick for quick turning.
Star Fox Zero doesn't have that, and what really doesn't help is that the reticle on the TV screen is completely useless for aiming. All it can do is give you a vague idea of the trajectory of your aim nearby, not far away.

The game Fox is most popular for is actually Melee, maybe they should consider making a sequel to that

I would love this.

I really wanted to like Zero, I really, really did. But the gyrocopter sections horribly ruining the pace, along with the absolutely god-awful controls made it impossible.

More starfox? Good.

As long as do something NEW that isn't THE 64 STORY AGAIN then we should be good

also this, I mean miyamoto wouldn't do 64 again... right?

NOT THAT KIND OF FLAGSHIP

>Wanting more of Shiggys shit as long as Krystal is back
You people are fucking sad.

Stop with the shit controls and don't do SNES/64 story again, do some new locations/planets, along with more content than previous games.

I also want Krystal

>being so bad that you can't get the controls right before finishing the first stage
This is what homogenization of gameplay (and as a result controls) does to people - Unwilling to learn new things because it requires effort.

>Said user while wanting a dead character to return from a different game

reminder if you had reading comprehension I said as long as it's not the same thing as 64 and fixes what was wrong with zero it should be a good switch/3ds title

notice that I said "also" as in, krystal isn't the only thing that makes me want more starfox, go fuck yourself mr. armchair

I would be OK with a port of Star Fox Zero on the Switch that fixed the controls and made it the same as SF64 and added more content. I thought the game was alright outside that aspect. Maybe throw in the other Star Fox games and make it a collection.

The controls added nothing, fuck off Cody

>I'm going to make these games popular by pumping out shit nobody wants except for diehard fans. Then I'm going to change the formula to alienate them, too!

Sticker Starfox when?

Post Miyu

seconded

Here's hoping they eventually realize we just want Starfox 64 with better graphics.

It's a shame both Factor 5 and Treasure are dead. Can't think of any other worthy dev.

Treasure is dead? I thought they just haven't done anything in a while.

Fuck you Boco, you always hate our furry waifus

They've given us that like twice now

SF0 got shit for being too close to SF64 beyond the controls

Daily reminder Star Fox Zero sucked because of its controls and its length

PG is fine for Starfox in my opinion.

Also SFZ was Starfox 64 with better graphics (better than SF64, not close to next-gen standards obviously).

>Here's hoping they eventually realize we just want Starfox 64 with better graphics
Speak for yourself. You fucks already got your wish with Zero. Everyone else who actually cares about the series wants the gameplay to move forward. Keep the on-rails modes, but add in refined Assault on-foot stuff. Ditch the melodrama from Command, but retain the things that actually worked (i.e. the online multiplayer).

Nintendo has already proven MULTIPLE times they cannot and will not do a 1:1 64 rehash. The closest you're going to get is Zero-out-of-ten, so be happy with it or find a different series to ruin.

Why are furfags so obsessed with miyu and fay they were never in an officially released game

Just her and Amy.

nichegamer.com/2016/03/23/rumor-japanese-developer-treasure-could-be-done-making-video-games/

>Nintendo has already proven MULTIPLE times they cannot and will not do a 1:1 64 rehash

t. Someone who skipped Starfox 64 3D

They still have Dylan Cuthbert to deliver a solid Starfox experience.

Shit, Gaist Crusher claims another life.

Zero doesn't control antthing like 64. It's shit.

64 was a fucking blockbuster when it came out. Amazing graphics, amazing sound, pure arcade gameplay.
Zero was a low budget motion control game.

THEY BOTH GOT GAMES RECENTLY JUST MAKE ANOTHER F-ZERO YOU SHITCUNTS

>They still have Dylan Cuthbert to deliver a solid Starfox experience.
I don't want more Command

Just play Mario Kart, bro

>add in refined Assault on-foot stuff
what is wrong with you

What about Metroid and F-Zero? Fucking come on.

IT'S NOT THE SAME YOU HBFFFRE23DSC--J

Metriod has Fedforce and possibly retro will go back to it on the switch and F-zero will most likely get a switch title, chill

>Sf0 is like Sf64 beyond the controls
>B-but it doesn't control like Sf64

????

The core gameplay of SFZ was basically more (and better) Star Fox 64. There were some really strong changes to scoring and the transformations actually do help to spice things up a fair bit, especially in the case of the landmaster, which really needed something more going on.

The controls are hokey, yeah, but you're perfectly able to swap the gyro controls into the contextual mode and play the game such that it feels very similar to a more traditional Star Fox game (although they still remain a bit off). I don't know why people elect to ignore this option.

Metroid was doomed from the start. Gunpei died too early, Sakamoto is retarded, and Miyamoto clearly doesn't give a fuck about it. Then they lost all the guys that made Prime because they wanted to turn them into a DK factory.

>the gameplay and controls are completely different
>but the story is a reboot so that means it's the same!

Huh. Glad to know the series isn't dead yet at least.

>tfw no off-rail ace combat styled star fox game

They ignore it because it's awkward as fuck to have contextual motion controls and the motion controls take like one run through the tutorial to get used to

>Metriod has Fedforce
Gee, thanks.
>and possibly retro will go back to it on the switch
Rumor is, the game they're making now is an original title.
>and F-zero will most likely get a switch title, chill
We have no way of knowing this. They haven't said shit about F-Zero in a long while.

It's been sad watching one of my favorite vidya franchises die.

We can't even get a new 2D game ffs, and in comparison, EVERY other Nintendo platformer has gotten a new 2D installment since the last 3D Metroid (MP3; I'm not counting Other M).

Miyamoto is not involved with Metroid, Sakamoto is the one in charge of the Metroids series and you will either have to wait for January 12 or E3 2017 for that.

How on earth will he shoehorn the switch's gimmick onto star fox and ruin it again?

I can't think of a way but I'm not as creative at ruining franchises as nintendo is.

As long as the switch overperforms or meets in sales, the games will come, that's how it works. And it seems that it will be the case given the better reception to it then the dead wii u

just wait my son, you will get yours soon

It's no more awkward to have contextual motion controls in SFZ than it is to have them in the recent Zelda remakes. If anything, I found it significantly more easy to use because the on/off nature of it means you never have to worry about re-centering the cursor yourself.

>Jan 12th
What's going down on Jan 12th?

I'd fucking better.

Honestly, I don't even care about Star Fox that much. Fuck Star Fox, get Treasure to make Sin & Punishment 3.

Star fox assault 2 when

Read up on it.

Not directly, but Myiamoto chooses what gets funding and what doesn't. If he won't give Metroid a decent budget even after it was one of their best selling series on GC, he never will.

I'm pretty sure they've more-or-less thrown Sakamoto off the Metroid bus and relegated him to working with the division that makes silly Mii games. I don't think he even had tangential involvement with Federation Force.

Nintendo Switch event.

F-Zero almost got another shot on Wii U. Nintendo wanted Criterion to develop a new game but they were busy with Need for Speed Most Wanted.

eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-23-nintendo-asked-burnout-dev-to-make-wii-u-f-zero

well say goodbye to that.

Criterion got ruined.

>But no Samus

fucking hell

Really just want Trump to decommission people like Cody.

As long as the gimmicks are optional and it's not another 64 rehash, I don't mind.

Fuck EA man.

God, I hadn't heard about that. I must've been out of the loop.

Hope we get something good out of it.

Also, it's Tanabe in charge of the Metroid franchise now, not Sakamoto.

>S&P 3

supreme taste my lad, as I like both starfox and Sin and punishment but treasure is dead so that may be never ever

unless... well plat likes taking on crazy stuff like this but who knows?

but they refused a Metroid from Mercury steam. Fuck.

Do you really want to see nintendo fuck up f-zero also?

They should just get Shin'en to do it. FAST Racing Neo was a fantastic game.

and all of the ghost games releases have been fucking terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=cUipNAjACQM

>you lived to see a "criterion" game with terrible arcade handling

TAAAAAAAAAAKE

MEEEEEEEEE

HOMEEEE

These are the same guys who made Burnout 3.

Wow EA really ruins everything they buy.

MIYAMOTO IS NOT IN CHARGE OF METROID, get this through your thick skull Sakamoto is the one who decides when we get a 2D Metroid game while Tanabe decides when we get a Prime game depending on if he has a team.

Sakamoto is still fully in charge of the Metroid series and is Tanabe's boss, do some research before you start making post like these. He was also the for Special Adviser Metroid Prime Federation Force.

Even Shin'en doesn't want to work on F-Zero.

>supreme taste my lad, as I like both starfox and Sin and punishment but treasure is dead so that may be never ever
I like Star Fox too but it's not really THAT good.

They could still get Treasure to make it. They haven't done too much of note recently, but I'd imagine they'd be more than happy enough to make it. My concern is how would the game be controlled now that the Switch has done away with pointer controls?

Also, save Platinum for Bayonetta 3 and/or The Wonderful 1,001. Maybe Bayonetta x Devil May Cry if they ever make that game. Nintendo knows Treasure would be upset if they got Platinum to work on one of their franchises. It's like their baby.

Why not? They certainly took a lot of inspiration from the franchise for Fast Racing.

>Also, it's Tanabe in charge of the Metroid franchise now, not Sakamoto.
Why are you so fucking stupid, damn!

Tanabe: "I'm the producer of the Metroid Prime series, and [Metroid series co-creator] Yoshio Sakamoto is the one in charge of Metroid itself. I'm not sure when he's planning on making such an announcement so I can't speak for him."

eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

Yes it really is THAT good. Star Fox and Star Fox 64, anyway.

The series as a whole, yes, it has been mismanaged.

MIYAMOTO CONTROLS WHAT NINTENDO DOES
SAKAMOTO AND TANABE WORK UNDER HIM
GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL

God fucking dammit. We really are fucked, aren't we?

Eh, we can agree to disagree. Let's keep things civil.

This is what I've thought the series should really be moving towards. Mission based Ace Combat-lite dogfighting, featuring equipment and squad customization.

64 s&p didn't need motion controls my man

maybe an accessory for the switch nubs? idk what it's called but you can "switch" out an accessory or another one... there was a picture of concept floating around somewhere to explain better but i can't be bothered to find it.

starfox is a mediocre series and there isn't a single game in it that's better than any of the panzer dragoon games

Star fox will never improve unless Miyamoto understands you don't have to shove a fucking gimmick in everything.

>64 s&p didn't need motion controls my man
True, but S&P2 flat out controlled better. S&P's controls were a little difficult to get used to.

>maybe an accessory for the switch nubs? idk what it's called but you can "switch" out an accessory or another one... there was a picture of concept floating around somewhere to explain better but i can't be bothered to find it.
How would that work?

The best rail shooting series or whatever you want to call it is Sin & Punishment. Nothing compares to it.

At least work out a publishing deal with someone, Shin'en. Get someone to give you fuckers a nice budget.

At this point Miyamoto doesn't really control shit anymore he was replaced by Takahashi as the head of the EPD division. He still has a say in some games but Takahashi now controls pretty much everything in EPD now.

>The content of Star Fox Zero is still decent
The level design varies between average and terrible, most boss fights are an uninteresting slog, they outright reuse early levels to pad out the game and there's no actual branching routes, just a side mission that immediately shoves you back onto the main path.
Anyone who thinks that the only issue with SF:0 is the controls is a fucking idiot.

i think the games would fare better if they were actually advertised

>Wonder Red
>Strong, charismatic leader that fights for what's right, as well as having lost his father when he was a child
>Wonder Blue
>Wise-cracking and has a smart mouth, is often one to crack jokes at Red's expense, the "cool guy"
Why don't they just take Red and Blue's personalities and characters and copy/paste them onto Fox and Falco? They fit so well.

Because Fox and Falco already have personalities

found it, something like this.

But that's already more or less what they're like already. Wonder Red and Wonder Blue are just much more fleshed out.

>The best rail shooting series or whatever you want to call it is Sin & Punishment. Nothing compares to it.
I'll tell you the only areas where Starfox 64 had S&P beat?
Writing and music.
S&P was a hell of a ride but that was fucking incomprehensible without a Wikipedia page next to you.

Agreed. We've seen the major screwups. A wacky control scheme is the tip of the iceberg. Like Mega Man, we need to stay positive and hopeful.

You think that way. For me, I enjoy the campy dialogue and the space battles. A lot.