So, I recently purchased a PS4, and I have to say it feels good to be part of the true master race...

So, I recently purchased a PS4, and I have to say it feels good to be part of the true master race. There are so many different games for me to choose from, and a whole bunch more to come that are currently in development.

In addition, there are going to be even MORE games being released for the system over the next 3-4 years, and the total lifetime of the system may even extend into the next decade. And I got it all for a mere $250 or so.

To top it all off, the PS4 slim fits nicely next to my cable box and my television, and blends in seamlessly because it's all black. It's just perfect.

So, Sup Forums, have you gotten your PS4 yet? Why not?

>he didnt get a pro with an SSD
you fucked up
enjoy shimmering, no 1440p, unstable 50fps and slow sata II mechanical drive loading times
at least you didnt get a bone

I have and all i play on it is bloodborn, blazeblue and streetfighter. Probably pick up nioh when it comes out. Other than that pc gaming 4 life.

PS4 pro is a meme and a scam. I am happy I paid nearly half price and got the slim, thank you very much

>he fell for ps4 meme

>So, Sup Forums, have you gotten your PS4 yet? Why not?

I'm still wondering if I should get a PS4 or a PS4 Pro. Every time I ask the verdict's always split.

Same here. I bought a PS4 to play Bloodborne and some of the games coming next year, like Nioh, Ace Combat 7. I would never replace my gaming PC for it.

see PS4 pro is a meme, save the money and get a slim

Got a Slim during Black Friday. It's been pretty fun so far.

It's also nice to finally own all systems this generation.

thats like choosing between a 750ti or a 980 when building a pc
are you really going to lock yourself into 5 years of mediocre last gen hardware when already after 2 months all the new games are using the pro as baseline optimization?
dont cheap out, just get a pro and forget about it
all the salty slimfags can choke on 900p

>D-D-don't think about it just waste your money!!11111
please don't listen to this tard

Do you have a 4k Tv or plan on getting one soon. - PS4 Pro

No? - Slim

It's that simple.

Up to a pc, ps4, 3ds, and vita.

This gen is complete for me.
Might get a wii u on sale/used in the future, but sill have wii games to finish honestly.

>waste
strong word after what we've seen so far

i dont have a 4k tv and native 1080p rendering works just fine
you dont need a 4k tv

i did i got the slim uncharted bundle last friday. i havent had a sony console since ps2 and im having a ton of fun with it. ive always wanted to play god of war 3 and the uncharted series and now i can with the remastered versions and uncharted 4.

>inb4 remastered western cinematic garbage

literally dont give a shit im having so much fun its great. just got all the trophies on god of war 3 last night. moving onto bloodborne next and i still have ratchet and clank and uncharted 1-4. looking forward to nioh in February, the crash trilogy thats been announced, Injustice 2 whenever it comes out next year and horizon also. There are more but these are the main ones that come off the top of my head

This is legitimately the most fun I had playing video games in a really long time!

Complaining about "cinematic garbage" is one of the most hypocrite things Sup Forums dares to do. I'm glad you don't listen to the cretins.

>should i get a pro?
gee i dont know

>vita

....so, PS4 or PS4 Pro?

Meh. Let It Die honestly pushed me over the edge. I'm probably gonna get myself one for Christmas now. I've been holding off on buying a new console until something really caught my eye, but its a decision of a thousand cuts now with all the shit that's coming out for it. Kingdom hearts, Nier, Bloodborne shit like that.

It'll be nice to actually play with my irl friends again. None of them have steam.

PS4

pro

Pro
Seriously, in 2 years' time you will think to yourself
>Now that I have a 4k tv, and all these new games, why didn't I get the pro?

Get the PS4. Don't fall for the meme. This is your warning.

So guys, I just bought one, but I'm a huge weeb. What should I add to my collection? Already have:
>Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
>Bloodborne
>Uncharted 4
>Night of Azure
>Omega Quintet

I'll buy Disgaea 5 as soon as I find it somewhere.

For those who aren't on a tight budget, it's best to just cough up the extra $150 and buy the machine that is most likely going to be supported longer.

>salty poorfag
you do realize its something you use every day?

You might as well get Megadimension Neptunia V-II. It's the best one and a pretty good JRPG overall.

>Play Nioh, FFXV, and every other AAA title in 720p 30FPS or 1080p 30FPS with dynamic downscaling and huge frame drops
>Or play Nioh, FFXV, and every other AAA title in 1080p 60FPS with no downscaling and no drops

wow I sure am glad I bought the 30FPS version of the PS4

I forgot to mention, I already have a PC with all the neps. Pretty good game, though.

fuck off

Nioh runs at 60 on the standard PS4 and FFXV runs at 30 on both
>no drops
Kek

World of Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy XV

And save some money for when Trails of Cold Steel, Tales of Berseria, and Cyberdimension Neptune come out

infinite warfare runs at 1080p @ 60fps
>BUT MUH WAAAHHH AHSDAS DA ABLOOO
no shut the fuck up, it works and can be done
blame your squinty japs for not knowing how to optimize a game after 10 years

*Trails of Cold Steel 3

I have a PS4, kept the receipt. Planning to swap it over for a PS4 Pro with the expense of $50 or so extra dollars out of my pocket.

If you don't keep receipts, you're a moron.

Waiting for mahvel unless it gets crossplay with pc

So, even though I don't have a 4k TV a PS4 Pro would still be good to get? I heard the Pro wasn't playing older PS4 games that well is it true?

If you don't have a 4k TV then don't fall for the meme. It's a waste of money.

Agreed user, Uncharted is a good series. Sup Forums bitches about them being cinematic and linear and then turns around and bitches about "the open world meme".

>infinite warfare
Kek

as someone who doesnt have a 4k tv and had the original xbox, basically youre going to get a patch that will change the settings on yout games to mostly 1440p rendering downsampled down to 1080p, this gets rid of AA jaggies and whatever memory is left is up to the devs to boost graphics, some get better bokeh, others get higher shadows it depends
the whole 'pro plays games worse than ps4' meme has already died out with all those games getting proper patches
blame the devs honestly, but its future proof

So just get a slim? I spotted a regular one at my local game store for $264, that too much?

I don't care about resolution past 1080p. I want stable framerates without hitching and pacing issues.

Not him but both my gaming PC and my regular PS4 lack 4K capacity and I'm not planning to buy a 4K TV in the near future.
It will be a while until it becomes standard. Four years.

there was like 2 or 3 games that didn't because of super-sampling. They fixed The Last of Us remastered though and now it plays completely locked on 60 which is better than base PS4 which dips quite a bit. Dunno if they've patched the other games yet (think Watch Dogs 2 was one).

well since og ps4 doesnt really render at 1080p in most cases the 1440p downres bump makes it equivalent to the 1080p that you would get on pc and not zoomed 900p
if you want stable framerates get a $2000 pc
depending on the game if its optimized good youll be getting good 30 or 60 most of the time

Then build a PC

PC has no games. I would know. I fucking built one.

For a non-slim that is too much. Slim is better and about the same price.

Nice meme

>that will change the settings on yout games to mostly 1440p rendering downsampled down to 1080p

What?

I'd rather actually have content on a platform devs optimize for.

do your own fucking research nigger

PC, PS3, PS4 slim, WiiU and 3DS friend here
I didn't buy into the Pro because I'm using a 1080p monitor and more devs would rather give down sampling for their Pro patches over a stable fucking framerate or a 1080/60fps mode. I'm not paying an extra 150 bucks just to have less aliasing.

got one for $250 with some games as well. nice system. slim version is pretty great, slimmer than my ps3 slim, which it took the place of on the stand.

people in the thread are probably saying you should have bought a pro, but it doesn't really matter. get a pro later if you want one. games will soon run like shit on that one too. best to wait until a slim pro or larger price drop. then you can also see if there are any widespread hardware issues with the pro model. if anyone has used a ps3, or any console really, they should be used to shitty performance by now anyway

also, share play is the best feature

ps4 pro is ugly

Thinking about picking one up either on Christmas or before summer (depending on how many games SE puts out by then).
How's my list?
>FFXV
>FFXII remaster
>FFVII Remake *
>FF Dissidia 2015 *
>FF Type-0
>Berserk Musuo
>Titanfall 2
>Bloodborne
>Persona 5
* means not exactly confirmed yet
there's also a few auxillary titles I might pick up like MGSV, Nier: Automata, and GR2, etc

What part of that confused you?

¥25 has been placed in your account. Thank you for participating in the Playstation MVP program

Fine, assuming you didn't already have a PC for those multiplats. Keep Nioh, Yakuza 0/6/KMW and the Ratchet and Clank reboot in mind.

Because i have a gaming PC and i have other hobbies i could spend my money on rather than spend $300-$400 on another gaming platform that runs games like ass for a few games im not even really interested in and are overpriced

Don't forget Cyberdimension Neptune and you should also play Trails of Cold Steel if based on that list you made. The third game will be released on PS4, but it hasn't been confirmed for getting localized yet though

>assuming you didn't already have a PC for those multiplats
My PC is old as shit and nearly suicided last time I played Skyrim. I played MGSV on ps3 and that's it. I might also re-buy a few Vita games that ran like shit (such as the Attack on Titan musuo)

>Cyberdimension Neptune
I can't tell if this is a slight because I like nip games; I'm not a full blown weaboo
>Trails of Cold Steel
I've heard good things, actually. Maybe some day I'll get into the series

lmao 4k is literally a waste of processing power you dumb cucks, we will never all have 4k TVs, i dont even want one, its useless, the difference between 2k and 4k is only minor aliasing, which is gotten rid of much more efficiently with anti aliasing than by just rendering at an autistic resolution and chopping your framerate in half

you got meme'd

You don't have to be a full-blown weeb to like Neptunia.

That's reasonable. All my other hobbies are more or less free, so I don't mind dumping most of my spending cash into it.

on the lowest graphics settings

kek

Sorry, I read it again and I think I get it.

you mean highest, sure

Thanks user. Slim it is.

>you mean highest, sure

something ive never even heard of happening on console unless there were no settings to adjust at all

are you talking about the ps4 pro?

because older consoles dont even do 1080p for 60fps games like this, they're dynamically rendering the resolution, going down to as low as 720p to try to maintain 60fps

i'm not paying hundreds of dollars up front AND a monthly fee just to play bloodbourne and fake smash

that's a horrible deal

How much do you guys think I could sell my white PS4 for?

>optimize
>like 90% of games have FPS issues
>TLG runs at 20fps on the the base PS4
lol

Okay. I don't care about the money, I just need to know if getting a PS4 Pro is worth it if you don't have a 4K TV and if the games run better.

I've been living under a PC for the past couple of years, does it require a monthly fee to just play online on a PS4, or is that only for their Playstation Plus premium service or whatever?

>I just need to know if getting a PS4 Pro is worth it if you don't have a 4K TV and if the games run better.
No.

PC guy who got a PS4 a month ago here:
Yes; to play online you need to buy a Playstation Plus subscription. Unless you're playing f2p games like Let it Die.

online play = fee

just like the 360

all you get for free are 50 GB day one patches

Why buy a pro when that looks like ass vs ass with vaseline on it.

PC for graphics, pro has framerate issues.

>He fell for the next gen meme
>All those ports
>All those flops
>Always online

I haven't purchased a machine since fat ps3 in 2011. Framerate and graphics """""issues""""" don't mean shit to me, I just want some new games

That's a pain but thinking about it I don't want to play any online games anyway.

FF XV runs at a less stable 30 og ps4. Ni-oh action mode runs 720/60 on standard ps4 and 1080/60 on ps4pro.

What kind of normie-tier games are fags on here playing anyways if they need to play online?

Welcome to the master race

>use the same xbox gamertag for 8 fucking years
>weird name not related to any characters or referencing anything
>buy a ps4
>the name isnt available

Im broken.

had a ps4 then sold it because its an expensive bloodborne/netflix machine.

Sorry about your shit taste

>>Always online

what in god's name are you talking about, PS4 isn't an always online console. Also ports are a good thing if you missed the game in the previous gen. I missed a shitload of games.

Whats wrong with Pepe? Does he want to fuck that loli? :(

its a nogames machine unless you like weeb shovelware with a few exceptions.

Sorry about your shit taste.

don't worry. no one is keeping you from spending $300 on a switch, and an additional $50 on the intended controller, and an additional $20 on the connector piece for the switch controller halves, and $60 games that rarely get discounted

>b-but i'm a pc
>$500 minimum for an ok tower without monitor
kill yourself

>So, I recently purchased a PS4, and I have to say it feels good to be part of the true master race. There are so many different games for me to choose from, and a whole bunch more to come that are currently in development.
I got the PS4 Slim on its launch to finally leave gamer facebook behind and switch back to physical games.
It pretty much feels like PC gaming during 90s, when it was still glorious. Very diverse AA game choices new and used, no bloatware gets in the way of gaming and on top of that loads of quality free stuff to download.

>i'll show him by ignoring that paying a recurring fee for almost nothing isn't the same as investing in something that's worth the cost

get a job

PC is a shitty investment tho

stop replying to the fucking tripfag who is literally here to shit up an otherwise peaceful thread. filter the bitch.

Alright so after reading all sorts of stuff I think I'll buy a PS4 slim. Thanks everybody.

>get a job
>having money makes you wrong

damn, i must've hit a nerve there, tripperoo