Why do normies play this game and act like they are the biggest Final Fantasy fans despite never having played any FF...

Why do normies play this game and act like they are the biggest Final Fantasy fans despite never having played any FF game before? No one cared about FF13 trilogie (including fans), FFXIV is mostly played by fans and people looking for a half decent MMORPG and the PS2 era wasnt occupied by normies for the most part. Why the sudden Final Fantasy hype? I know this game was anticipated for years, but then again, its not like normies cared about Final Fantasy around this time.

>No one cared about FF13 trilogie (including fans),
Speak for yourself, fuck-face.
I´m an old fan of series, and unironically enjoyed XIII trilogy.

Because the old FF fans are nowhere to be found.

Not saying its bad, mate. It just got massively shat on, so I wouldnt exactly call the games a success. There must be a reason there came 2 games after it though, so it might be different in Japan, I dont know.

FF is a normie franchise I don't know why you think it isn't

>It just got massively shat on,
loud vocal minority + parroters. Very infectious cancer.

Ratings were around 8/10 for XIII, and bit higher for sequels.

>so I wouldnt exactly call the games a success.
One of the best selling games Square has ever released.

>Normies

Stop.

>everytime a new FF game comes out
>go discuss it online
>"should I play the previous games or will I not understand what's going on in this one."
Every. Fucking. Time. People don't ask this shit about Pokémon. They don't ask this shit about Call of Duty. They don't even ask this shit about Assassin'a Creed. This is the fifteenth fucking game in the series. If you were even mildly interested in gaming at all, you would have heard of this series and know that each one is in its own contained universes except for direct sequels. I've been answering this same fucking question every fucking time there's a new release for it since 1997. Fuck normies!!!

Soooo...that's a no, then?

I mean yeah it had its problems but it really isn't the worst ff

I refunded VII. Am I broken?

Yes.

The only reason why a lot of people got this game was because of the combat. Non fans know this and pretend they actually like Final Fantasy when they don't. They don't wanna be that casual gamer.

Because a lot of "normies" have played the games you fucking retard, the franchise is normie central and incredibly popular. Chances are if you owned a Playstation 1/2 as a child like so many did you played at least one of them, that's enough for the nostalgia to kick in.

You are so fucking retarded with your secret club mentality, holy shit. Get a grip on reality.

Because these games are not called Pokemon 27 or Call of Duty 128.

>lightning returns threads on forums
>whic is the conclusion if the trilogy
>DO I NEED TO PLAY 13 AND 13-2 GUYS???

No only do you have shit taste, you're in denial. XIII was an abomination.

>normies
>>>mlp

>Because a lot of "normies" have played the games you fucking retard
Yes, for like 1 hour. I literally know a normie who bought FFX HD when it came out, played it for a couple of hours and never touched it again. After I asked him whe he stopped he said he couldnt beat some boss. If I remember correctly it was the machina that kidnapped Yuna right before you got Rikku.

>the PS2 wasn't occupied by normies

The PS2 sold well over 120 million units and shitloads of normies bought it for the DVD player.

OP that was one of the dumbest statements I've ever read on Sup Forums in 10 years here.

This. But the pandering to "normies" wasnt THIS bad like it is now. Games werent watered down to make it """easily accessible""" and games werent rebooted to appeal to a wider audience. So everything thats killing video games these days wasnt as bad in the PS2 gen. Games were still games and people who are shit on them had to deal with it.

>No only do you have shit taste
who´s the one here in denial?
>XIII was an abomination.
it really was not.
It was miles better game than some previous ones, like 2, 5, 8 and 12.

>If I remember correctly it was the machina that kidnapped Yuna right before you got Rikku.

For real? I consider myself semi-retarded with turn-based combat, and the only fights in X that gave me any trouble were Yunalesca, Mt. Gagazet Seymour, Jecht, and maybe that dragon thing that attacks the airship when you go to crash Yuna's wedding to Seymour.

>XIII better than V, VIII or XII

Confirmed for shit taste. Find another series, son.

>PS2 era wasn't occupied with normies

M8 it is the biggest selling console of all time.

>Final Fantasy
>Not normie
Yeah, FF VII sold 12 million copies up from 3.5 million or something that FF VI sold thanks to all the diehard final fantasy fans.

No, I wont. Stay mad, megapleb.

>XIII is better than XII

Found a picture of you on the Internet you fucking faggot

I''m going to speak up for that guy and say that you definitely have morbid taste and you should not be alive.

Stay mad, Ivalice-fag.

You two should hook up, and stop being virgins.

Nice blog post faggot

Mate, relax. If I saw a game called "Final Fantasy VIII" on a shelf and had no idea what the franchise was about, I'd wonder if I had to play the previous games in the series as well.

This.
Some series greatly benefit, even require you to play the games in release order, starting with the 1st game (ie. MGS), while some series have barely any connection whatsoever (ie. CoD, FF)