Japan hates FFXV

>MGSV sold similar to MGS4
>Persona 5 vastly outsold Persona 4
>FFXV sells less than half of FFXIII, marking a drastic dislike for FFXV

The game is also getting absolutely buried with one-star reviews on japanese Amazon. The common complaints is that Tabata took too many western influences and the game doesn't really dare to be a great Final Fantasy game. Instead it strives to be a competitive AAA game akin to other big AAA games. Other complaints are the stupid rushed story, the many bugs and glitches and poor visuals.

SE marketed this game as the next FFVII but at this rate, it won't even be the next FFXIII.

Other urls found in this thread:

fftogether.com/forum/index.php?topic=2248.5;wap2
gematsu.com/2015/09/media-create-sales-83115-9615
gematsu.com/2016/09/media-create-sales-91216-91816
gematsu.com/2016/12/media-create-sales-112816-12416
gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/media-create-dec-1420-dear-god-mario-and-ff-are-be-27137873/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>people shit on FFXV after FFXII, FFXIII and FFXIII-2

what did they fucking expect?

>implying it isn't just due to grorious Nippon's usual xenophobia

>japanese Amazon.
Stopped reading there

And? Japanese sales is not important at modern market and they were right
This is why they release xv on same day as west

>FFXII
A vastly superior FF game than FFXV. FFXV has an extremely poor word of mouth in Japan. Not even FFXIII was buried this hard in negativity.

>And? Japanese sales is not important at modern market
For Final Fantasy, it definitely is, no matter how much idiots like Tabata pretend otherwise. FFXII sold two million copies in Japan. Two million is huge revenue considering games sold in Japan are more expensive and you don't need to pay the export fees. Not to mention the merchandise that nips are fond of.

>video games
>export fees

Ff has been selling far better in the west last couple titles and this is the biggest western pandering one yet.

Japs are irrelevant

Two million sales is not irrelevant. And it's not like they're making it up by selling better in the west.

The west hates it too. It's a massive blunder.

Reminder that it had to sell TEN MILLION copies to break even.

You can think whatever you want about the game, but you should know that Japs have extremely shit taste in vidya. They're not the people you think they arel

t. someone who thinks FFXV, a shit tier game, is good

mad.

>Monster Hunter is the CoD of Japan
I don't know, that sounds patrician as fuck. While Japan buys millions of copies of a hardcore hunting game, westerners buy millions of copies of glorified movies and CoD rehashes.

>games turned into western trash titles

Guess which game is next. It rhymes with "Seth of the Filed".

Think whatever you want, cuck.

I never got into Monster Hunter. Too repetitive.

SE knew it was never going to sell as much as XIII retard. It only shipped 1.15 million copies.

oh japan hated FF13? That's news to me, last I checked its actually one of the more popular FF games in japan, because slants all have incredibly shit taste and literally rated the game based on lightnings armpits, didn't it also get a 40/40 from famitsu? Not that it means shit but lol the gooks are retarded

To be fair, it's been 7 years of the FF brand being shit on because of low quality spin offs, ports, and mobile shit. FFXV would have to have been fucking amazing to make up all that.

MGSV shipped 3 million copies on first day and it makes lot of money for konami. XV did more than it. also there is still no PC version,DLC

How the fuck can I call it bomb?

It's pathetic honestly, they spared no expense to try turn the franchise around and ended up making a game even less popular than the last one.

Square Enix are fucking useless

This.

Yeah, it's not like they spent 10 years on one game, made a full blown CGI movie, spent unlimited funds on advertising or anything.

They went all out with this, this was full blown effort and they still fucked it up.

I believe MGSV sales now are at 6-7 million, which is fine for MGSV since Ground Zeroes covered some of the costs and they built an entire engine intended for all future Konami games in the process.

FFXV has been advertised now for almost a decade, with so much resources going into it and then scrapped and then turned into expensive CGI movies. Its advertising was everywhere.

>he took too many western influences
>it should only pander to our nip taste and sensibilities
>Japan games for Japan onri

This mentality got them nuked twice

>The game is also getting absolutely buried with one-star reviews on japanese Amazon
Not trying to defend the game but don't japs do that for every major game release?

I still don't get why they would go full homo with a game this important to the company.

Monster hunter is a really representative cusual game in japan. There is no people who thinks MH is a hardcore.
And no one cares about home console monster hunter.

Pretty much. Pokémon and Monster Hunter also frequently get shat on their Amazon. The amount of console wars there make us look civilized.

Not at all. Persona 5 for instance is mostly positive. Same goes for Tales of Berseria. It's true that some games do rile up the nips real good.

Not so much that it's not Japanese as it's it's not Final Fantasy. Which is perfectly fair criticism to present. FFXV is indeed a westernized non-FF game that rather improving on its predecessors and providing a unique FF-like experience, instead seeks to flirt with western open-world games. In turn this reduces the game to any AAA open-world game with some FF designs.

All that couldn't make up for 7 years of bullshit user

Not really, they're more even than the West is, which bombs with 5/5.

>The common complaints is that Tabata took too many western influences

The fuck? Did they PLAY the originals?

Why can't you guys just deal with the fact that the game was a success and move on with your lives?

fuck that bitch is hot

It was a success based on what metric? Because the fan reception has been mixed to say the least.

The Gooks have godawful gaming taste.

>didn't it also get a 40/40 from famitsu?
Everyone can buy Famitsu reviews.
>oh japan hated FF13?
Did you see how first week sales drastically dropped from XIII to XIII-2 and Lightning's Return in Japan?

>japanese amazon where everything gets a 1 or a 5 (mostly 1s)
>only liking or hating something based on some random slanted eyed fuck's opinon
>le japs hate anything western maymay

>Buried

Nah it's got a good spread

Its cause JRPG genre overthere is flooded with 20 Neptuna clones a month.

Seriously they crank out paint by numbers JRPGS like McDonalds Hamburgers

Sup Forums isn't exactly filled with normal people.

Post western.

>2000 vs 70

824 vs 5 one star ratings

Do they really think XV is one star tier game?

>game adds Western themes.
>middling to poor sales in Glorious Nipon
never fails.
I appreciate the attempts though,

Eh. It's definitely not the 5 star game Amazon USA has. Japan has a decent spread of other votes

They're probably mostly upset with the formula change ups.

>he took too many western influences

The weird part of that argument is that the open world segment (which I assume is what they're referring to) is the stronger part of the game. The problem there is that they even half-assed that. They give you a relatively big map, but then keep you on rails for most of it, give you a borderline curfew, and give you almost nothing to do on that map.

Say what you want about Witcher 3, but it had a huge map, gave you a shitload of things to do, had interesting sidequests that weren't just fetch quests, and rewarded exploration.

its not you fucking idiot, what they like is lightnings design not the games

well FFXV came off of FFXIII and XIV 1.0, while MGSV and P5 came out after great games in the franchise

and lets not ignore the fact that XV has had the best opening for a ps4 game in japan

it all amounts to SE building up trust from the shit they did in the past 8 years

I liked the witcher 3 but it was nothing but fetch quests.

>Say what you want about Witcher 3
Ok, it had awful gameplay made worse by Geralt being forcibly inserted into an open-world he obviously wasn't intended to be played in. Witcher 3 had quantity, but it lacked any sense of quality whatsoever. Western devs are fond of their fancy open-worlds and nice graphics but when it comes to the actual gameplay, the most always drop the ball.

>trusting people who said that Ni-Oh was too hard, even the beta version
Sorry Japan, you make great games, but your fanbase are autistic mobile-addicted cucks.

The quests at least carried a narrative for the most part and tried to disguise it as an interesting quest if you fad to do fetch quests. FFXV doesn't even try to do that for a good 95% of the side quests.

Doesn't help that XV is clearly unfinished.

>>MGSV sold similar to MGS4
>>Persona 5 vastly outsold Persona 4
>>FFXV sells less than half of FFXIII, marking a drastic dislike for FFXV

Not saying this is wrong, but source?

They bought FF wanting the jrpg experience wee

1 star means you won't buy it, so yes.

I would give it a 1.

I've just started playing Witcher 3 (4 hours in) after finishing FFXV and unless it gets significantly worse for whatever reason, the core gameplay is simply better than FFXV ever was. The side quests, presentation, and world all feels great.

That's the same posting a niche RPG with a 5 rating.

>Say what you want about Witcher 3

If you didn't have any internet to update the game then you are stuck playing the most buggy, glitches and frustrated game of that year. What I still like about that game just like XV is that their both open world that will toss you enemies so it wouldn't feel empty.

Friendly reminder shit land nippon voted XIII as the best FF game of all time.
Shit taste if I do say so myself

>No waifus in party
Gee I wonder

Go look at first weeks on VGChartz. They take the Jap numbers from Media Create so they're correct.

Just google "Media Crate + desired game"

Did you?

Japs know whats up

There at least enough dungeons to keep things interesting.

fftogether.com/forum/index.php?topic=2248.5;wap2
Pathetic taste really

Give it another few hours and you'll see how utterly empty the game actually is and its value boils down to how much the game can keep you occupied with fetch quests and story snips. Because the actual gameplay is a complete bore.

I thought it was 10

They chose Lightning as their favorite FF character in a poll so no they definitely don't

The open world is pointless padding

>the core gameplay is simply better than FFXV ever was

>gave you a shitload of things to do

there was no main focus to the game. half the time I am like do I have to do this shit? what do I get out of this? does my choices really effect the ending or what?

I hate witcher 3 in the fact you are people's bitch.

>It's another "I'm gonna bait Sup Forums by calling Witcher 3's gameplay good" episode

not him but the choices that you make actually have consequences that can come back to bite you in the ass.

You're actually saying that the linear latter part is better? Am I understanding you right?

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.

>no more shitty fetch quest
>no more drive on rail
>no more "exploring" for nothing
Yes it is

wow Japan loves Dark Souls.

>westaboo like Dark souls

Right, so OP is talking out their but about those sales figures or what? Kindly, provide a source for these claims.

>MGSV sold similar to MGS4
>Persona 5 vastly outsold Persona 4
>FFXV sells less than half of FFXIII, marking a drastic dislike for FFXV

>dude, lets force you to sit in a car and do absolutely nothing so you can enjoy the pretty world, it's not going to get old quickly and we're not going to put dialogue, like most open world games do when there's a long ride, and we're not going to let you walk away from the screen either to kill time, because the game will stop driving
there was no point in making this game western open world if you're not going to adapt shit from gta that are standards now, the lack or roads shows this.
should've been rpg open world like the older games.

>but = butt = anus

>a 40/40 from famitsu

You say that like it still had a meaning back then

I still think that was Toriyama spending all his free time spamming that poll.

gematsu.com/2015/09/media-create-sales-83115-9615

gematsu.com/2016/09/media-create-sales-91216-91816

gematsu.com/2016/12/media-create-sales-112816-12416

gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/media-create-dec-1420-dear-god-mario-and-ff-are-be-27137873/

Lightning is popular character doesnt mean their favorite game.

If we go only in success in Japan it'd have sucked even more if it was like the Witcher 3.

IT's just japanese mentallity; They don't like open world games. So whenever games pander to western likes they hate it.

>when a discussion finally start it's interrupted by imperials or you drawing your weapons too close to your friends

15 sold 3 times as many as copies as persona...............How is this bad?

Because it sold 40% of what XIII did?

>FF7 released
>Oh shit!!! its not ow and no sidequests,sidedungeons!!
>What a shitty gaaaeeem!! Rebuilding it and murder nomura!!