neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324533
youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI
youtube.com/watch?v=CTYEXej9Kv0
youtube.com/watch?v=cbSP4mBFS04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SHE DONT BELIEVE IN SHOOTING STARS

GTA IV was the worst GTA.

The best part about 4 over 5 is you aren't forced to play a fucking NIGGER

Reminder that Rockstar purposefully made all screen shots and videos of this game to be grimdark because that's what casuals and edgelords liked at the time.

Reminder that the game has actual settings inside to make the game colorful and bright like previous GTAs without the need for mods.

What got downgraded in V from IV?

Back to neofag with you
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324533

youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

>that thread

neofags are fucking cancer

I really liked the car customization, flying planes, the map variety, player stats, crazy weapons and mods and all the MP options

>Gets Rifle shot out of his hands
>Pulls out handgun
Ok, that was cool.

Radio Broker is the goat station, prove me wrong. Pro-tip: you can't

>sitting in car at hove beach at dawn
>looking at downtown with the lights reflecting from water
>sound of rain hitting the roof of car
>listening to the journey

I've never played any other game which has got that city feeling nailed down. Makes me sad that GTA online is the standard that Rockstar will aim for now.

GTA IV was the last good Rockstar North production. RDR was the last good Rockstar game. I am very concerned for the fate of both these beloved series since they are in some shitty hands. The transition from GTA IV to V makes it apparent Rockstar do not care about technology anymore, and have lost their taste in humor. I expect the worst out of any of their future games.

> you will never be 21 again, playing GTA IV on release
> gaming was still gaming and the TECHNOLOGY was incredible
> game developers are shit now

who made GTA V? RSN didn't make it?

Slavs are basically niggers

The saturation setting? You really think that shit solves the gray and brown palette? Idiot.

Oh man i loved gta IV LOVED IT

>do daily stuff like going out to eat and buying clothes and hanging out with friends during the day

>do all the criminal gangster shit at night

>go home at 3 am watch a little bit of tv then sleep

>Every day was a new set of clothes

You wouldnt believe how much immersion a little bit of realism by the player brings.

sounds just like gta v

Best GTA radio station

GTAV and the heavy focus on online are the result of Leslie Benzies taking the reigns. He's no longer working at Rockstar after fighting them in court for being ousted by the Houser brothers.

>map: airport
>weather: rainy
>weapons: rpg only
>friendly fire: off
>cops: off
>you will never be able to make this lobby again

HOE NO

OH JOE

IMMA RAM THAT ASSHOLE IN A MINUTE

>that car handling
I know it hasx become one of the things to say since V but I genuinely always loved it. Killed so much time getting the police all aggro while driving a crappy sedan and tying to enact a Bourne/Ronin style chase.

yeah but in gta v you have to grind your ass to buy weapons, ammo, cars, and basically everything.

sounds like my life

I really liked the city, my friends and I would spend hours just exploring and we would always seem to find a new buildings or vehicle hard spawn that we never found before. Shit was great for all the little game we would play like infection or cops and robbers.
>set map to algonquin, the middle island
>turn off peds and traffic
>set to night with heavy fog
>turn minimap off
>infected can use pistols
>survivors start in the south most bank
>helicopters are allowed, no leaving the island
I spent literally dozens of hours in 16 player lobbies of this shit. It was my life.

Real shame you couldn't replicate it in 5, 5 in general was a step back and forward in terms of multiplayer, I like the whole character progression and shit, but I wish there was a classic mode with weapons on corners, buildings open instead of instanced, and the ability to set lobbies to a certain time, weather, and just in general give more freedom to the user

GTA IV failed as a sandbox. Therefor, it also failed as a GTA game. I pretty much stopped playing after beating the story.

GTA V >>>> GTA IV

I never understood the hate for the driving in IV, same with the Mako in Mass Effect. The driving in IV is heavy, gives you good feedback and it has some real weight when you crash into stuff. Almost every vehicle in V feels very plastic and arcady.

no you don't, if anything money and gear are too easy to come by.

There's nothing to do after finishing the missions in GTAV either, unless you count playing GTAO with 12 year olds and hackers.

>GTA IV failed as a sandbox

GTAIV was more of a sandbox then GTAV is in terms of multiplayer. GTAV is just a themepark MMO where as GTAIV had an actual freemode where everyone was on an equal footing at all times.

>all those little details an mechanics that got removed/downgraded in GTA V

So exactly like IV was to SA.

>no planes
>no 18 wheelers
>almost no helicopters
>little to no car customization
>no getting fat
>no environmental variety
>no parachutes
>no tanks or other military vehicles
etc

How do I get an rpg in GTA V online without grinding?

It's fun to just drive around the city and cause mayhem in GTA V (not as fun as San Andreas, but better than IV). There are lots of jumps all over the place, and the driving mechanics are smooth and arcady, perfect for crazy shit.

Parachutes and tank were in tbogt

This thread proves Sup Forums likes to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

I don't think you know what a tank is.

Oh, I didn't know you were talking about online.

Yeah the online was fun for a while but Rockstar kept patching every way to make quick cash to force everyone to buy cash cards. Fuck that.

Good thing I glitched for all the sports cars early on. I miss GTAO. Was fun for griefing. Griefing in GTA IV multiplayer was even ebter, flying the Annihilator blades into everyone, sending them and their hacked cars flying into the ocean.

it was essentially a tank

They were not. Possibly they were added in one of the expansions but I vividly remember their absence when I played it.

Best song coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=CTYEXej9Kv0

TBoGT is a better game than IV not as good as SA.

Not really.

all you have to do is mention GTA online or GTA 5 in general for all virgins to come out of their holes saying the game is a failure.

when in fact it has been constantly in the top sellers since it came out on PC

GTA5 is still sold at full price when not on sale, that's no sign of failure.

Sup Forums is made of contrarian friendless kids.

DURUNDERUNDERUNDE
DURUNDERUNDERUNDA
VEM MENINA VEM SEM MEDO
QUE EU VOU LHE ENSINAR

youtube.com/watch?v=cbSP4mBFS04

Sorry, I didn't realize "tbogt" was an abbreviation for the expansion. I assumed it was some bullshit like "tbqhwf"

Expansions don't count.

>br nigger "music"

fucking disgusting

It was such an awesome afternoon when i first got off that boat and drove all over Broker.

The driving and the crash physics impressed me so much, i still remember that day vividly. The ragdolls, the different places you could hit to achieve different results in combat, shit that would be downgraded and apparently ignored by the fans in the sequel.

It was surely the most impressive game of it's time. 2008 was a fantastic year for gaming.

what the fuck is that shit, get the fuck out

I remember just spending hours and hours running over people just to see that Euphoria engine in action. The realistic animations when people fell down, and the realistic car damage was just incredible.

>that car handling

A lot of that is trial bullshit that adds nothing to the game.

A tank isn't going to give you intelligent police AI, or better shooting controls; it's just another toy to get bored with after an hour.

car handling in GTA iv was better than v, but even v has better handling than any other series of open world games, every other series out there makes every car handle like it has sports suspensions, it's like driving wooden boards with no suspension.

>Post 3D era car handling

They call it a tank in the game.

GTA is a series for casuals, and casuals don't tend to notice or care about little details like that.

They care about nothing more than "muh jetpacks" and "muh fighter jets".

I'm glad that Saint's Row took away some of that crowd.

How about

>no local multiplayer
>the physics actual work against the game because you can't stand on vehicles/wing walk

IV was just crap all around.

4 had better multiplayer than 5, that's it.

>being a faggot non ironically

It didn't. Saints Row is completely irrelevant and dead in the water.

You're right, i was disgusted when the general reaction at the time of V's launch was good, even though they toned down vehicle damage, physics and handling considerably.

Racing back in IV was way funner than any kind of stunt race V could create.

I hope they'll eventually plan to do something with IV since they recently updated it without any reason. Most people accepted that it was a terrible port and moved on.

I'm not saying that the physics were perfect, but the positives outweigh the negatives considering how the physics make everything a lot more strategic.

V funnily enough, removed all of the positive aspects of IV's physics while keeping the negative (losing control of the PC if a moving vehicle lightly grazes you etc.).

>listening to 1979 during a rainy day
this game was beyond comfy

>not Straight On

get some taste

What was the point of giving this guy a cameo in V again?

GTAO is a great concept ruined by ADHD kids that just run around killing anyone they see.

No idea, specially when you consider that he was a pretty cool character in IV. I doubt someone like him could be dumb enough to do what he did in V.

Michelle's personality also got a 180, she was coerced into working for the government in 2008. Fast forward a few years and she's penetrating some guy with a baseball bat.

This.

This is why having people fail a heist for losing one team member is a stupid idea. Armoured Kurumas too.

That said, I've noticed that people are becoming a lot more objective driven since the MC Clubs became a thing. By that I mean they're spending more time selling and intercepting product than they are just killing randomly.

GTA V ruined the GTAuniverse.

it really still is my favorite GTA.

If GTA IV was so great it would run on modern Windows releases.

It runs perfectly on my PC.

The last patch (from a week or 2 ago) is supposed to introduce compatibility to win10 systems.

Running fine in a win7 PC (i5 4690k, GTX 970).

It was patched 2 weeks ago to do just that.

>tfw the only gimmick of V was the heists
>all of them were shit except Vangelico and Paleto
God dammit, the other one felt like nothing, Vangelico felt good because it tricked you thinking you were going to have a lot of heists, and Paleto was great because of the action

do i still need to sign in to save?

that's music to my ears. i always thought the housers really "got it" as far as knowing what's cool in a game. like kojima used to be

You can ignore GFWL completely. And Rockstar's Social Club too, i believe. It's been this way for a long time.

My favorite thing to do was play with the vehicle damage.
I would just go back and forth down a straight road and tbone traffic

you hypocritical niggers HATED gta 4 when it came out

you called it the worst fucking game in the series and dogged it to hell and back

now you retarded shitheads worship it

eat a dick

>muh fisks

pour bleach down your dickhole, you faggot-ass jizz mop

I didn't play IV, is there more actual damage than V? in V I can drive a car off a scyscraper and have it land nose down and it barely gets dented

Different people like different stuff you fucking retard.

What makes you think that the same people suddenly shifted their opinions instead of it being a case of people not liking the same things?

>what makes you think that the same people suddenly shifted their opinions

what makes you think you're not a dumb fucking poseur who just regurgitates the shit that he reads on Sup Forums

grow some balls and a dick, nigger

this thread is cancer

>Sup Forums is one person

>this thread is cancer

Good thing you have the choice of not coming here and deviate the topic at hand. But i guess you really had nothing else to do but shitpost.

>poseur
What are you French?

Go buy another Shark Card faget

do people still play multiplayer for this at all?
even when it was like only 2 or 3 people on a server, it was still maximum comfy

AVIN' IT

Seeing that image of that Jewish diamond dealer reminds of something:

GTA IV was a bloodbath. I swear that Niko, Johnny and Luis collectively kill half the population of LC, that diamond dealer included.

It's quite telling that in the base game you can pretty much count on one hand the characters that are guaranteed to survive all the way to the end.

So much for wanting to get away from a past filled with violence.

>but it's the only thing i do well xd

Fucking Niko, i swear.

it works can confirm

I DESPERATE NEED A SQUAT MOD NOW

>listening to 1979
>dawn
>on a motorcycle(harley)
>crusing around with the song

Very comfy game

>kino

>kino

...wait?

>k..i..n..o
??

>i...n..o..k

>N..I..K..O

Jesus fuck. Rockstar was way ahead of their time

You don't know who's responsible for what. Leslie Benzies was just known as a guy who could get shit done that pretty much singlehandedly saved Red Dead. You're delusional if you think their current model isn't the future for Rockstar as well