So why do so many games crossover with Shovel Knight?

So why do so many games crossover with Shovel Knight?

Indie circlejerk, basically

Because they're jealous that it's actually good.

Because of his design.

it is one of the few successful and actually good indie retro games. it sets out to be a certain type of retro game, and doesnt try to be anything more than the style its emulating

They want to show their game is a shovelware

In this game case, the company behind Shovel Knight helped fund to get a physical release of the game. Don't see the issue.

>it is one of the few (...) actually good indie retro games.
It actually isn't.

>it sets out to be a certain type of retro game, and doesnt try to be anything more than the style its emulating
Too bad it completely fails at that and is unapologetically a modern game that only superficially tries to be retro. The level design is your typical modern platformer trial-and-error tripe and it doesn't even attempt to work within the limitations of the hardware it's trying to ape.

Shovel Knight is the face of Kickstarter games. Most successful, most relevant, simple but easily recognizable design.

He's not the first defacto indie mascot (Commander Video and Meat Boy came first), but he showed up at the right time to blow up like he did.

It also helps that Shovel Knight is a fantastic game.

All of these.

Also: it's a semi-recognizable mascot that isn't owned by Nintendo/Sony so they dont need to jump through 99 legal hoops.

Shovel Knight is great. It isn't trial and error either, you're just bad at video games friend.

Explain

Been playing video games for over 25 years, buddy. Shovel Knight is nothing like any of the games of the era it's trying to be like. Its risk/reward checkpoint system is used as a crutch for unfair, thoughtless level design and annoying enemy patterns.

cheeky bastard

i've been playing video games for 85 years and i think shovel knight is alright

>trial and error

Look at this fucking casual

>shovel knight
>unfair
>or even remotely difficult in any way whatsoever

Because Yacht Club wants to spread him very thing and indie games circlejerk all the time anyway.

However, Yacht Club published Gunvolt's physical release in the US, so him being a secret boss in Gunvolt 2 is justified. You need the amiibo to even fight him anyway.

>unfair, thoughtless level design and annoying enemy patterns.
>this isn't anything like the games it's trying to replicate

How many games is he in at this point?

Kys

Oops meant to respond to

>trial and error

Gamespot go home

>trial-and-error
Every now and then when I think i'm bad at games at least I can remember this post and realize i'm not that bad.

Alien Hominid will forever be the face of rags-to-riches indie games for me.

This guy

You must be really bad with 25years of gaming senpai

>25 years
>Thinks he's been around for a long time

Sounds like someone needs to stop sucking. 25 years of experience and you have a hard time with a game my 10 year old brother beats effortlessly.

Just give up, you're done, kill yourself.

Longer than you, retard

I've been playing games since OXO and you are still a faggot

Which game is it on your image and why does it uses megaman x3 assets?

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2.
It's an homage to old Japanese side-scrolling shooters.

the word you're looking for is "dork"

>Its risk/reward checkpoint system is used as a crutch for unfair, thoughtless level design and annoying enemy patterns.
jesus fuck you can't be this bad

>Trial-and-error
No fucking way
I REFUSE to believe that there is somebody on here who died more than like ten times at Shovel Knight. They give you so many goddamn health pickups, a lenient checkpoint system, infinite lives, and none of the secondary weapons are absolutely essential besides maybe the Dagger.