What is the best version of this game? I heard there are differences between the GC Xbox and PS2 versions...

What is the best version of this game? I heard there are differences between the GC Xbox and PS2 versions. Also Harry Potter thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bEgLvaMDT4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PC is king It's the only one I've played but I had a good time

Gameboy_

Pfft. I had camber of secrets on gbc. Not that bad desu.

where can I download desu?

I played the Game Cube version, pretty good game 2bh.

ps1 is cute desu

holy shit i played this on gameboy

really good i remember handing it off to my brother when you go around following the snake in the walls cause i was terrified

PC Version, its so fucking detailed

PS2 version is the best because you land your broom anywhere, in the GC and Xbox versions landing zones are limited

Slytherin master race

FOR SOME REASON YOUR FACE MAKES ME REALLY NERVOUS, POTTER.

FLIPENDO

This joke doesn't work when it's not the fucked up version with bad faces

the PS2 harry potter games are pretty good. Stop at goblet Of Fire though. the ps1 games are good too

only played the PC version, I replay it from time to time, it's excellent

PC version is great.
If the GC/Xbox/PS2 versions are the same game with minor differences then go with whichever emulates better which is probably the GC.

Also the handheld ones are decent too.

God I fucking miss Harry Potter platformers.

Golden times when EA wasnt a bunch of fucking jews.

>Arry porrer games
Good taste.
Going to emulate the gamecube version of Prisoner of Azkaban now, hopefully it's as good as I remember.

The outdoor areas of CoS on PS2 are open that you can just walk between. Xbox and GC both teleport you between areas, that's the only difference I know of.

I played and completed the pc, ps2 and gameboy versions. They're all pretty great. PS2 is probably the best if I had to choose one

PS2: Worst graphics of the console counterparts. Frame dips here and there. Free open Hogwarts to explore, and can land broom anywhere. School is pretty empty however compared to GameCube and Xbox versions.

GameCube: Better graphics than PS2, but worse then Xbox. Landing zones are limited. More people walking around school. Frame dips in the grand staircase.

Xbox: Similar to the GameCube version, but much more polished, better graphics, and no frame dips.

PC: Completely different game overall.

>those fakeout paintings

The gameboy color version was a turn based rpg

FLIPENDO

Post rare Hagords

PS1 > GBC > PC > 6th gen consoles > GBA

SKURGE

>he doesn't know
They're all completely different games me boyo

So in the GC/Xbox versions, you can't explore hogwarts?

You can explore the buildings, but the PS2 version lets you roam freely around the school grounds outside. The GameCube and Xbox versions just teleport you to the locations outside of the buildings.

Is there a point to roaming outside? Overall it sounds like the PS2 had more content overall. I also read on a speedrunning wiki that there are more prefects (hall monitors or something) in the PS2 version.

Chamber of Secrets is superior only because you could free roam around Hogwarts, plus you got more spells and what not. Sorcerer Stone is still comfy as fuck but if I remember correctly the free roam is kind of limited compared to Chamber of Secrets.

God, I really want to replay both Sorcerer Stone and Chamber of Secrets but I don't know where to get the PC versions, only thing I can do is emulate it on PSX or Dolphin but PC version is superior most likely. I wish the games were on Steam.

There's not really a point. It's just mainly for exploration.

I'm not entirely sure the difference between the prefects.

Best choices are:

Xbox for graphics

or

PS2 for free roam

Other than that they're pretty much identical.

There's torrents lying around for both that are EZ-PZ to find, use some google-fu.

I had pretty horrific memories of one Harry Potter game as a kid...

PS2 was godtier

I have a pic with comparison between versions somewhere. If nobody will post it I'll do once I get home.

Anyone who downplays the free roam never played this on release

getting to fly anywhere was the TITS

HIS EYES

I only played it on PC, was a free gift with our brand new Gateway. It was great, console versions look very different.

The song that played in moaning myrtles bathroom scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.

don't die on me yet

There's more than butter beer down in the cellar Mr. Potter

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bEgLvaMDT4E

I miss when video games had such mystical soundtracks

The PC version is best and comfiest

>Goes to Hermione
>She is only wearing a bra and pantie
>ALOHOMORA
>Hell bra and panties get opened and fall off
Why isn't this in the game?

inb4 Don Quixote

Pirate that shit.
You won't regret it.
Just follow the skulls.
Not the shit from bulls.

Do you think that Griffindor's Sword is good?
I do.

Why were PC boxes always so fucking big?

>Sorcerer Stone

Manual too big for jewelcase?

Publishers on PC didn't have to pay licensing fees to people like Sony or Nintendo so maybe budget came into play.

Just seems like it would waste space.

A holdover from when games came on multiple floppies.

So I played Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix, all on gamecube back when they came out.

I know the first two are considered the best but what about 3 and 5? 4 is shit, and I remember particularly enjoying 3, but I had no taste back then. Which ones should I emulate?

PS1

PS1 versions of 1 and 2 are amazing, great atmosphere

GBC version of 2 is a fun RPG

3 is great overall, not on PC though

4 is trash don't bother

5 is really good, can explore all of Hogwarts, heaps of fun.

Haven't played 6 or 7pt1/p2

3 has great music, and is pretty fun with a great atmosphere.

5 is pretty good considering it's stuck inbetween 4 and 6, huge Hogwarts to explore tons of side quests, fun minigames.

I played the PC version, it was great for a licensed game. Don't know how it plays on consoles, but if it is similar PC will be better simply because you can up the resolution
hufflepuffy vulva all the day bro

Well the PC market is way more opened to publishers so initially the massive, eye catching boxes stuck out easily and others caught on until it quickly became the standard.

Hari your a _____

7 is when the series went to third person shooter garbage. So what's the deal with 6? Is it any good?

u"r*

>keep talking about ps2/gamecube/pc versions
>When the best version is not mentioned

How are the Lego HP games? Considering getting them to relive the story but through a video game.
Bear in mind that I've never played a Lego video game before

I remember when I got the first game on pc

could not figure out how to get through the FLIPENDO challenge because I didn't figure out that the spell button could be held down in order to aim the spell up or down

was stuck like forever

I remembver playing a harry potter game on the ps2 but the only thing I can recall doing was buying stuff from diagon alley and having ridiculous load time- what one was it?

Also I remember if you were walking around at night you could get caught by prefects and you'd lose house points

It's alright, not horrid like 7 is. It's similar to 5, but I never enjoyed it that much.

I tried to emulate first HP recently, PS1 emulators got new awesome features like perspective correction texturing, thing that PS1 wasn't capable of, and holy shit it actually fixed their faces.

Here's their usual faces for comparison.

And here's the fixed version.

But the best version is Gameboy Color

This, the final boss in 2 was so hype

Kinda crazy how a turn based harry potter rpg actually worked.

PC

GBA 4 LYFE NIGGA THAT GAME WAS THE BOMB

SOUNDTRACK WAS BASED/10

GBA NIGGAS REPORT IN

So PC or PS1 version?

PC first
Then PS1 after, it's a different game

>Year of our Lord 2016
>STILL no Harry Potter game that isn't about Harry fucking Potter

gimme that tasty hogwarts roleplay jk rowling

You can have a fantastic beasts game instead

Why the FUCK are none of the games on the PSN store

This is an outrage, a scandal!

Ps2 is the best, though it can't be pirated nor emulated

Why not?

Speaking of a Harry Potter RPG, I've always thought there should be a KoTOR-style HP game with the whole good / evil bar and everything

They just don't work, same goes for TPoA

Good thing TPoA was shit unlike the movie and book, which are objectively the best of their series.

Time travel shit aside the movie had great atmosphere and is my favorite for that alone. Can't remember how well the book was, but I remember it being my favorite as well.

Fukken coon

>Alfonso Cauron never directed another HP film

fucking WHY

It just got shittier from there until the abomination that was Deathly Hallows

What emulator do you use?

But I was playing TPoA on PC the other day

I was able to get around the bug

>Implying Half Blood Prince was bad

Flying around on the hippogryfus or whatever it's called in English was the shit though
Plus having 3 different characters with different skills

Please explain

I briefly emulated PoA once and it was running, I just couldn't get a stable 30 frames.

Last time I tried I couldn't get past the initial menu

I stopped reading the books after Goblet of Fire which I liked well enough. I remember borrowing Order from a library and it just didn't hold my attention. Years later I caught the movies following Goblet of Fire on tv and they were okay for the most part. By the time I got to Deathly Hollows though it felt like all the creativity and mysticism was gone. I think I enjoyed the earlier ones for the world rather than the plot.
>most fights by the last few movies were just people shooting sparks at each other

Mednafen HW, but you can do the same in PCSX-R.

actually this
> turn based rpg
> magic levels
> ron and hermione party members
> actually nigh-completely follows the book
> new game+
> wizard duel with 7th year is the superboss
> aragog and the basilisk are considerably more challenging
its a p gud time