Many people do not realise, but this is one of the best/nostalgic game franchises ever

Many people do not realise, but this is one of the best/nostalgic game franchises ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8uOMp4kYgMU
youtube.com/watch?v=_L78WkuKcT0
youtube.com/watch?v=bEgLvaMDT4E
youtube.com/watch?v=TmNC-k4yCNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>playing Chamber of Secrets as a wee lad
>hearing the Basilisk's disembodied death threats every time you explored the corridors alone

was that on console or pc?

clocked this game like 16 times.

Of course. What else could you expect from the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

I think you forgot something. . .

both but very different games

that's the thing that pissed me off about the earlier games (the first 3). The pc and console versions were so different (the pc ones were usually shitter)

PS1 for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=8uOMp4kYgMU

Surprisingly top-tier soundtrack.

I came to the conclusion that it's not just nostalgia for me, I actually like this series a lot.
Was the Fantastic beast movie good, and is there any chance to have good games coming thanks to it?

FLIIIIIIIIIIIIPENDO!!!

I've started re-reading the Harry Potter books for the umpteenth time, but I realized the only game I can remember playing was Chamber of Secrets on the PS1. I also have the Lego games, but I didn't realize it didn't have dialogue, which made the games unplayable for me. Does anyone have the infographic for Harry Potter games? I'm fairly certain it exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=_L78WkuKcT0

>Was the Fantastic beast movie good
I thought it was alright. Pretty different from the originals though.

There's still a sense of wonder to the different magical creatures and whatnot, but they're wandering around cleaning up a mess in New York for the most part. Which doesn't have quite the same charm or long-term development of following a group of characters learning to live in Hogwarts.

Cute... CUTE

youtube.com/watch?v=bEgLvaMDT4E

>Atlas Shrugged

The only Harry Potter game I've every played was some shit tps gears clone with magic on the 360 in a best buy kiosk. I think it was for the 6th or 7th movie

I prefer the real one

I only played Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban.

I remember Azkaban looking much nicer, but I also remember getting much more frustrated with some of it it. To the point where the game crashing on the final level near the end made me stop playing.

>white

delete this

isn't that a shoop though?

All the later games were shit though.

Very True.

>First one was good
>second one was good
>third one was good
>fourth one was absolute shit
>fifth one was great
>sixth one was ok
>seventh and eighth ones were absolute shit

I thought it was funny how a lot of the games had Peeves the Poltergeist in them when the movies never did.

pretty much 100% agreed, third on ps2 was great though.

>rent the GBC Sorceror's Stone game because you read about the GBA one in Nintendo Power and assumed it'd be the same but with worse graphics
>it's actually a TBRPG
>it's actually good

There are easy things to poke fun at looking back, but this is getting me nostalgic.

This thread is going a little too well for my liking.

>fifth one was great
Was it?

Never played the later ones. What made it the best?

It's funny that a movie-based game would make me nostalgic. I guess there's HP, Lord of the Rings, Spiderman 2, and maybe King Kong.

Every other example I recall was a painful cash-in.

I'm ashamed to admit I cleared that game over 20 times. That shit was my crack for a long time.

Bad graphics that still pre-dated the horrors of the uncanney valley were a gift.

>Ashamed
Nigga, GBC and GBA harry potter games were the real shit, nothing to be ashamed of.

I completed Prisoner of azkaban on GBA multiple times, it was just fantastic.

They were indeed

The fifth on was good from what I remember on ps3. Almost 1:1 scale canon Hogwarts castle with no loading screens. It also played like the first games in terms of game play and the story was decent.

it was free-roam, you could play as dumbledore and sirius black, and the combat was good

I still remember fondly how you could attack teachers and run for it only for them to blast your wand out of your hand. Good times.

Is it wrong if I like the movies better than the books? I love the books because literally
>muh childhood
but the movies are just dreamy, the atmosphere and how well recreated things are, it's just lovely.

oh god, the character models in the first 2 games were horrendous. I remember the model for Harry glitched on my computer so it always looked like he was wearing sunglasses

Kind of makes me want to see if I can find an old copy.

Haven't thought of the old games in a while, but this is making me miss that atmosphere.

>none of the potter films won any oscars

that's injustice if i've ever heard it

wow...

Definitely get the PS3 or X360 version, older ones kinda suck in terms of performance

That's normal though.

I tought that 6 was better than 5, since it had way better combat and it had better things to do.

I think they accomplished different things.

I still prefer the books for capturing that comfy feeling of the winter months passing by, and the pacing of the story with time for the small details of day-to-day life.

But the movies still had a memorable visual style and feel to them, and a lovely soundtrack to carry things.

It's probably why I love RPGs so much today.

The PC games were pretty decent, too.

They got shit after like book 4 or so though, iirc.

the quidditch and dueling sections were shit though. However, Potions was surprisingly satisfying if I remember correctly

youtube.com/watch?v=TmNC-k4yCNI

kek

>Don Quixote
>God-tier

Is the PC Version the same?

best hp game

yeah

>loved HP when I was much younger
>never played the games for whatever reason
>will never have that nostalgia that everyone talks about

Is the PC version shit?

>maybe king Kong
Nigga king kong was great. SpongeBob games and The Incredibles were good too.

You'd think the HP school setting would be ripe for a modern game with original characters.

Hell, I'd take a Telltale game.

no it's the same as the console version

Thanks, I'll check it.

>The only HP games on Steam are the Lego ones

this was a casual filter

He remember playing those old shitty games but I was blown away by that first HP ps2 game

The lego games are pretty good.

They're lego games sure, and not harry potter games, but they're still pretty good.

I think got burnt out on Lego games half-way through marathoning Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, and Pirates of the Caribbean with my nephew.

and they couldn't even be bothered to put the best one there

>I Will Tear You...
Terrified me.

I don't think the films ever gave it actual words did they? Just hissing.

some of those side-quests were so tedious . .

>Harry Potter games past PoA

>orwell better than huxley
I wish this meme would end

also
>no slaughterhouse 5

Nordic Team Best Team