Set in the early 2000s (pre iPhone, post 9/11)

>set in the early 2000s (pre iPhone, post 9/11)
>randomly generated school layout but with set characters
>preparation levels let you map out the school and so on, only HUD maps are the maps you draw yourself
>get to know the characters while preparing, choose your victims, make your own list of objectives
>have to figure out how to get weapons in your town - work a summer job and save up to buy a gun, or steal a katana from the nerd shop
>go for the high score and then engage in a gun battle with cops - if you get arrested it's game over but if you force the cops to kill you or if you press the suicide button there's no score penalty
>if you can actually get away with it you can new game plus at a nearby school with a heightened alert level against the national guard
>co-op
>or play as a student with an AI shooter

youtube.com/watch?v=tDyYKRez65Y

Would you play it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ovbIbJHgNkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>gun gameplay like receiver, fumble your reloads and watch victims get away

No fucking way

>compare your high score against real life shooters
>choose from a range of socioeconomic levels for your school
>design the edgiest getup for added media notoriety points
>inspire copycat shooters for double points

>Would you play it?
No. Sounds retarded and strictly designed to be as controversial as it gets.

Don't worry nu-Sup Forums, theres gonna be another Mass Effect soon for you.

Nah, sounds like Hatred with more edge.

Though admittedly much more interesting. But you know, controversial for the sake of being controversial.

I'm not 13 OP

It'd get in lots of trouble, someone already tried to make a school shooter simulator and the fucking FBI C&D'd his ass.

>have to figure out how to get weapons in your town - work a summer job and save up to buy a gun, or steal a katana from the nerd shop

My summer school shooting?

>FPS Bully with permadeath, more rpg elements, customization, fleshed out class mates, characters and interactions, and various choices and ways to go about the game.

Would sacrifice my first born for this.

>New game + +
>You still do planning as usual
>Some other AI kid does the same thing
>Coincidentally do it on same day
>Get into fight with him and cops

>disliking edgy, bullied teen's wet dream simulator = nu-Sup Forums
Just get a gun and go shoot up nearest school you timid, lazy faggot.

Mite b cool. I liked the early 2000s.>>have to figure out how to get weapons in your town - work a summer job and save up to buy a gun, or steal a katana from the nerd shop
This part especially sounds like it could be fun if done well. Scavenging weaponry from everyday world.

Sound okay, but it would somewhat be too similar to PayDay 2. Working at a summer job or stealing weapons to prepare for the onslaught seems neat. You should also be given preparation time to enhance certain skills (faster reloading, strengthening to overthrow opponents, faster agility when using melee weapons and so on forth). It can play as a rogue-lite where it encourages you to try different combinations of skillsets and weapons.

I like this idea. Maybe a time limit that counts down to the end of school. You can shoot school up at any time but the longer you take the more prepared you are, except you've only got a few days max.

Maybe a score incentive to go early, or something.

>My Summer Shooting
Id play it

Fucking yes, i'd buy a 2pack/4pack

This sounds like Hatred with more depth and edge.

Which is a polite way of saying boring as fuck.

School shootings are boring. No fun in shoot targets that can't shoot back. And once you do engage targets that can shoot back, you generally get rekt cause they're more or less a better aim due to training n' stuff.

>No fun in shoot targets that can't shoot back
The point isn't shooting them. It's a strategy game about maximising casualties with an FPS bit at the end. Manage your resources to get the material needed to execute your grand plan.

youtube.com/watch?v=ovbIbJHgNkQ

It should have cheap DLC cosmetics as well
>Pepe the Frog Mask - $0.99
>Trenchcoat Pack - $1.99
>Fedora and Trilby Pack - $1.99
>Japanese Culture/Anime Package (Contains Naruto Headband, Daikmakura Back Slot, Genji's Katana as Melee Weapon Skin etc) - $4.99
>The Prejudice Set (KKK Costume, Flaming Cross as Melee Weapon Skin etc) - $2.99
>Dungeons and Dragon Package (Archmage Robes, Berserker's Axe as Melee Weapon Skin, Orc Warrior Helmet etc) - $4.99

If the gameplay aesthetics look cool, I'll play it. Grampa ethics be damned.

man, you just reddited yourself.

>choose from a range of socioeconomic levels for your school

>chicago is hard mode because all the niglets have glocks and shoot back
>this is balanced out by longer police response time
>also, niglets and police will start shooting each other, making your escape easier

but tony can't use guns in HM2

That's clearly Tony from HM1 that can use guns

You're right, I'm sorry.
Maybe DLCs aren't what this game needs.

isn't roller mobster a hm2 track tho

>>chicago is hard mode because all the niglets have glocks and shoot back

>maximizing casualties

Nitrogen enriched fertilizer, Oklahoma city bombing style. Wait for the busses to all come in, then boom. Far more casualties than a shooter could hope to get.

>The hardest possible Difficulty is Compton mode when all the parents are visiting and the dads carry carbine's and mom's have purse Uzis

How would the game handle writing your manifesto?

>secret Sandy Hook stage
>regardless of your actions the shooting has already started when you get there
>except instead of finding another gunman you walk in on no name agency goons staging the whole thing (firing guns, planting fake evidence, shooting Lanza)
>Objective is to survive and escape with evidence that proves Sandy Hook was fake
>you are facing agents disguised as policemen/SWAT

Cross between Mad Libs/Dark Souls messages

>secret Sandy Hook stage
>play as a special agent
>can't leave any witnesses, need to complete special objectives to frame the fall guy, have to bail before the cops show up

>russian school level
>exclusive geomod

>not using a video of elephant

>russian level
>shooting takes place in Ukraine
:)

Sooo an edgy reskin of Payday 2 then.

>or play as a student with an AI shooter
Do you have any idea how retarded "unarmed normies vs gun totting edge lords" would be to play?

All you fucking niggers and your wife's son's kids you better run, run, run faster than my gun.

The level of depth to create such a game won't be touched by any studio capable of doing so. You're basically asking for Persona level of interaction, with open world, RP elements, smart AI and combat on the same level as say, a call of duty, or battlefield.

This is a project for a semi well-known developer, or big name team, and both wouldn't touch this idea with a earth long poke. A rookie company, or the team that made hatred, would half-ass and not give you the exact game you're wanting. In fact, the team that made Hatred might be the closes you'd get to seeing a game like this, and I don't trust in their ability to pull this off the way you're expecting it to be.

Maybe if you're okay with it being a top-down title, maybe. But that would take you out of immersion, thus, making it not as edgy and realistic as it should be.

I'll give you a 10/10 for the idea, since I'd play the fuck out of this, but literally who would step up and discredit their development team by making this.

>russian school level
>military starts shooting thermobaric bombs at you

>Defacing public property because you are bored
They deserved what they got.

Just take Left4Dead and make the zombos run away instead.

THere.

>Do you have any idea how retarded "unarmed normies vs gun totting edge lords" would be to play?
he did mention that cops would eventually show up. killing unarmed normies is just the setup. if the point of the game is to rack up a high score, we should expect the AI not to be as brain dead once you start to shoot.

>kids run and hide
>some lock doors
>some try to escape from windows
>on campus security tries to put you down
>some might try to hero and tackle you from behind or throw shit at you
setting up bombs and shit, or disabling exits, would help improve your score. strategy, if you will. not just open door, AK a bunch of kids in the cafeteria.

Option to befriend potential classmates to help you out, each with their set of perks. Jock is good at CQC, nerd is good at planning/getting stuff, etc. Catch is you need to approach potential partners carefully. Ones who would be more willing to join aren't that great, while the better ones would be harder to persuade, and if you present the idea to them when they're not willing, they might inform the authorities, putting a wrench in your plan.

Dude... reading comprehension.
I was responding to a quote about a supposed game mode were you play as the kids trying not to get shot.

As for the main game you and op are describing, go look up the payday games.
Its pretty much the game hes talking about, but with more than one type of scenario. And that actually brings us to a fundamental problem with this game, how much variety do you really think youre going to get out of just the school shooting angle? Shooting up just school sounds like it would get boring pretty fast. I think this whole thing works better as a side level for some other game entirely.

>Dude... reading comprehension.
that's my fault. and I played the first payday, but never put a lot of hours into it. I'll have to go back and play it more to see the comparison.