Now that the dust has settled can we all agree this game was the height of it's series?

Now that the dust has settled can we all agree this game was the height of it's series?

MGS 3 > MGS 1 > GZ/TPP > MGS 2 > MGS 4

If MGS 4 had more gameplay between it's movie length cutscenes it'd rank higher.

How can you actually think that when the second half is rushed and unfinished

Because the gameplay is this best in the series objectively

absolutely.
TPP/GZ>MGS3=MGS2>MGS1>MGS4>PW
Interesting that PW is the worst while TPP is the best though, since TPP is conceptually the same as PW but with a technological advantage and better executed.

Out of 184 staffers that had to be quarantined during the vocal cord parasite outbreak. I lost 20, am I a bad boss?

Wow, I 100% agree with this guy. Weird.

Finally somebody who agrees PW is the worst

It sucks.

Terrible open world.
Great core mechanics but everything else is shit.

It even managed to be a step back from PW in many ways.

And the story is the second worst

How exactly does that make it the best overall game in the series

Third worst. Peace Walker and MGS4

Yep. Gameplay was phenomenal. Story was completely different in tone and execution than the other games so it was no longer a laughable anime spy movie. Skull Face was still terrible though.
Production quality was as good as a game gets with great cutscene direction, voice acting, animations, soundtrack etc.
The base aspect was lacking but still did it better than most other games that tried. Mother base itself felt empty but they nailed the concept of running your own army.
Also we live in an era where most games barely fucking work on release, and this game was mechanically flawless, runs on anything, looks and feels good.

The only thing keeping die-hard MGS fans from loving V is blind nostalgia, they made their own false assumption for what this game should have been, and when it was different they got butthurt.

V is worse than both of those.

No story>Lore raping shit story

The gameplay COULD be phenomenal is bases were populated, we actually saw more than the occasional truck pass by, sprinting didn't break the fuck out of everything, and if it were indeed a MGS game as you said we were expecting. Unfortunately it's none of those things and is therefore actually a tedious helicopter sitting, horse side saddle riding and sprinting CQC simulator, not really a game at all.

It's a shit story executed badly with mediocre stealth mechanics. So it's a typical Kojima game. While we're at it Death Stranding will be shit too

Why does Big Boss kill so many slavs in his career?

Because Slavs are a good bad guy for the Western World until the DPRK does something or a ME nation pops off to make us illogically scared of them for a while. Before you say it: yes, Japan is the Western World, at least as an honorary member.

Why not China, other than them not being directly involved in any major conflict since WW2

Way to answer your own question guy. They are ACTUALLY scary so we can't go memeing on them and risk making an actual fight where we get bullied.

The Chinese aren't scary when you realize they're only good at fighting other Chinese, they are a paper tiger.

Say that to my face and the faces of one million screaming Chinese soldiers coming over the hill.

It's the least metal gear like game in the franchise.

If you had changed the names and character models I wouldn't have even thought it was a metal gear game.

V rapes lore plenty on its own, despite having the least amount of story presentation of any game in the series.

With your 0 hours in actual combat against troops that have seen constant combat for over a decade.

I had to quarantine over 400 staff and only lost 8 so yeah,should have rushed faster