A brand new story

A brand new story.
Brand new heroes.
Brand new worlds.
Even brand new aliens.

The Mass Effect universe is about to get bigger and better than ever. Will you be there to experience it?

fuck no.

nah

>A brand new story

>travel hundreds of years into new space
>still populated with humans, krogan, asari and turian

>Dragon Age: Cisquisition... In Space!

No thanks.

I'm still mad about 3.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

No one cares about your shitty game, Bioware. Stop shilling it every day.

MOM SAID IT WAS MY TURN TO HOLD THE GUN!

In Mass Effect 1, when the council is not trusting Shepherd about the mind control thing and the reaper, why doesn't he give them the recordings from his and his crew's suits?
It is addressed that such recordings exist, and all it took for that same council to turn on their best agent was one mp3 file, so audio is clearly an acceptable proof.

Also, why did that same agent shoot himself in the head after just tow conversation checks, when he was so certain and passionate about his goals previously?
Even the Fallout New Vegas conversation "battle" with the last boss wasn't that awkward. You literally insult him twice and he says "oh I guess I was wrong all along" and kills himself.

And why did robot Cthulhu die after you killed zombie Saren? Mind control didn't work like that in all other cases, you killed plenty of zombies when that original mind control plant was showing you the same strategy that is utilized here, the "indoctrination" one. Why would he fully move his entire being from the most advanced warship in the known world to a metal skeleton in a room with several hostiles?

Are the following games also full of such plot holes?

If there is no krogan dick in it then no game bud

>brand new aliens
>it's just ash spawn as the designated enemy race

Same ol social politics and technical skill.

KROGAN COCK SOOOO GOOD

I don't recall General Oliver ever killing himself in any situation. You either waste him on the spot or have Yes man punt him off Hoover Dam. Also if your barter and speech it makes sense to insult the shit out of him and he just takes it because he's too dumb.

>wanting to play as an asari

There's the multiplayer for that, race traitor

Such a stupid argument.

They're obviously setting up a story about this family, there's history and meaning behind them. The dad's a famous soldier, the mom is an enigma, and the kids have to live up to that. In a way it's mirroring the new Mass Effect developers, living up to the grandiose franchise that bankrolled half of the company. It's a fucking human story. You want a generic story where it doesn't matter what race you are? Go play the Elder Scrolls or Star Trek Online.

By rogue agent, I meant Saren. In the very first mission you are told that
>he is a big shot secret agent above the law
>he kills the other big shot secret agent
>the council can't act against him without solid proof

Eventually they do, and in the end this person, who sacrificed himself and his career and everything to save organics from genocide, kills himself after you convince him with two lines of insults.

BRAND NEW STAFF
BRAND NEW WRITING
BRAND NEW QUALITY ANIMATIONS
BRAND NEW FORMULA
BRAND NEW GAMEPLAY

>not wanting a heavy melee orgasm in SP too

As a human, aka the best race ever, yes

>Even brand new aliens.

I've yet to see that, which is the most disappointing part of this game. The trailer focused so much on the milky way races. I really hope their rarity is played up more in the actual game. I want to see local andromeda civilizations wondering who the fuck are these fucking aliens and what are they doing in their galaxy. If you don't do at least that there's literally no point with moving the setting.

>poopoo peebee

the speech check on the second requires 75% paragon or renegade, and the whole point is that he's indoctrinated. His conscious mind might not even believe it but he's been incapable of thinking any other way.

Indoctrination was such an interesting story mechanic, shame they completely squandered it in 2 & 3.

Also rate my Agent Shepherd.

Oh I was simply talking about user's New Vegas portion of the post. I could give a fuck less about Mess Defect, shittiest sci-fi genre of all time. Only good thing to come out is one xenos alien race waiting to be sex slaves.

>Will you be there to experience it?
No.
I own Microsoft-funded Mass Effect with over 50 hours in it.
That is a better game, made by actual professionals, not amateurs employed by EA.

>Literally the arc of the original trilogy
>Let's do it again in a new universe

God I hate this mentality. Basically only done to keep normies who need a human to relate to, happy.

>You want a generic story where it doesn't matter what race you are?
I don't care about yet another ancient evil plot, or shoehorned muh family bullshit. I just want a space adventure that molds itself around what you choose to define. I'd much rather have a smaller, more self-contained story that may or may not even have any effect on the overarching setting of the game.

fuck off shill

>Council
Humanity was an upstart race in ME1, the second conversation in the game outlines that Humanity is being given a great honor, but they still have a lot to live up to in galactic society. They had audio proof of Saren and Benezia plotting against the Council. Treason was enough to disbar and forget about him. The Council's might was indomitable they didn't feel threatened, also keeping Saren and Benezia's betrayal low key was better for their reputations. The Council had no reason to believe Saren would be able to acquire a massive fleet or work with the Geth at all. All they had proof of was he had one, massive ship, but so what? The Asari have plenty of big ships, the Turians had a shit load of big ships. There was no reason to feel threatened. And indoctrination doesn't reveal itself as purely a Reaper tool until the third game where the whole galaxy has widespread proof of the Reaper's might.
>Saren's suicide
Saren was allowed a small amount of control over his mind, enough at least, to believe he still had control. His implants were thorough and gradually took more and more away from him. You can see the impacts glowing in his eyes when he kills Nihlus and when he's fighting Shepard. The lights dim when he realizes the truth of what's happening to him. He has a final moment of lucidity before committing suicide.
>Sovereign's overload
Sovereign's mind was completely invested in controlling Saren's husk to combat Shepard. When the body was destroyed, it sent an overload into Sovereign's processing systems that caused its Eezo core to fluctuate or overload, kinetic barriers and engines failed . The fleets were able to destroy it then.

>Tl;dr read the fucking Codex

Can someone PLEASE tell me what this guy's name is for fucks sake

Make your own game then, fag. You don't have any trust in Bioware's ability to create good stories anyway. If they did make a story around what you wanted, you'd decry them anyway for potentially fucking it up.

I thought the onlu human would be Ryder. How come there are others in this new galaxy that arent from your crew? Same for turians and asari.
>Inb4 refugees from reaper invasion

THICK MCRUNFAST

BUTCH DEADLIFT

>Make your own game then, fag.
Yes, where can I receive my AAA budget?

Fuck, I never want to play shit shit.

because there are 4 arks and a huge space station each filled with 20,000 people?

>that Shepard
>those textures
Oh shit son.
Also Indoctrination was handled greatly in 2&3. The "dead" Reaper trap. The Object Rho trap Harbinger set. Rana Thanoptis, Shep's dreams. TIM was the only one who had bad writing involving his indoctrination.

HUNGRY HUNGRY MEXICAN!

Such a shame they sold out.

If you are a moon sized metal octopus, would you move your spirit to a human sized husk to fight three commandos and risk EVERYTHING?

Just seems dumb. If he hadn't done that, he would've won. Also seems to be contrary to the speech his hologram gave in that dead civilization temple, where you spoke to it (red ghost version of him). He says there he doesn't care, and during the last boss battle he screams out hateful comments against Shepherd and he clearly risked his life and mission to kill Shepherd. Fucking why?

DICK HARDCHEESE

Are saying Bioware is better than you because they have a publishing company? Make a few games in Unity until someone likes you enough to throw money at you. Until then you're just a shitty ideas guy.

Why should I unconditionally trust them when they haven't proved themselves for years? The fact that they choose to take a whole new start and just fall back on basic vanilla shit doesn't inspire any confidence either.

American Marine Man.
I honestly have no clue, not even memeing. I just saw him as "marine guy".
Even during Mass Effect 1, where you have two generic marine guys, they gave them personalities and I remembered their names - Ashley and Keidan.
And Keidan was completely plain and had zero character, yet somehow his name still stuck.

The only thing Andromeda has going for it is the opened skill tree and multiplayer

JAMES VEGA

dead reaper was good but the whole plot element itself was stupid as fuck writing.

Yeah textures are a bit crap but I'm running it on lowest with integrated graphics on an X220.

>multiplayer
I'm kinda interested in the MP desu

>A brand new story.
Kind of
>Brand new heroes.
only the main character
>Brand new worlds.
yes
>Even brand new aliens.
Not at all, it's the same ones. Which is weird since we are supposed to be in new parts of the universe.

Will the MP be any different from ME3?

It was the only option, are you dense? Shepard had control of the station from the Citadel Tower. The fleets would *eventually* bring it down, Sovereign was a sitting duck with no option to do anything but destroy a few fleets.
Don't buy the game then. Read my post, there's no reason for them try the "play as any race" formula because the story becomes decentralized. Fuck it's simple writing 101.

Very funny guy, quit memeing and tell me his actual name

You mean indoctrination as a plot element? What did you have grievance with? Too OP?
I feel you on the graphics, played 1&2 on a laptop.

Sovereign was winning the spaceship battle from what I saw. Didn't you even have a side quest to try to save the council flagship from destruction?

Sovereign's only options were destroy a few fleets and die, revealing the Reapers to the galaxy or take control of the Station and bring in the rest of the crew.

Pretty sure we are told that the reapers are several times faster than any other ship, and than the citadel, so there is no rush.
Also we are told that the mass effect relays have a defect in them, that intentionally put ships some distance aside every time or some such, I don't recall, so they can't even chase him down if he wasn't faster.

It's because the (((people with the shitty ideas))) have the money to make video games.
This is how the world is. Deal with it.

from what I've heard it'll be similar.

DRRROP IT! NOUHWWW!

The Destiny Ascension wasn't fighting it was fleeing. It had the Council on board and couldn't risk engagements with the Geth fleet. The Turian fleet (the Citadel patrol fleet, basically token force) was overwhelmed by the Geth, Sovereign didn't even bother fighting them.

Once the Citadel arms are re-opened the Human fleets (3rd and 5th, I believe. ME3 details which ones took losses) engaged Sovereign and the rest of the Geth from the Arcturus Relay (everyone else was too far way to help, they increased fleet patrols on the Terminus borders in case of Geth incursion). The combined fleet strength just wasn't enough to overpower the Reaper without taking significant, if not total losses. Read the Codex.

only after the reviews come out, and the game is pirate-able

i am NOT paying Manqueer's salary

a bit tight-lipped, but he actually looks good for ME's character creator

BRICK MCSTONEABS
why is his name a meme

Tito Dickman

>better than ever
Well, it can't possibly get any worse after Mass Effect 3 that's for sure.

He looks kinda white.

Gay sex space simulator, no thanks.

a big part of the Reaper's strategy is covering up knowledge of their existence, so it makes sense that once they were discovered (by Shepard) it was in Sovereign's best interest to try to start the invasion ASAP via the Citadel mass relay

Wasn't Mass Effect 3 literally the same game, with better models, more music, and a bad twist at the end?

How many points can you deduce for the bad ending?

I'm dealing with it fine. Kids on Sup Forums are gonna keep bitching about not being able to play a blue human. Or a green human. Or the grayish human with mandibles.
Why would he run? Then the whole Galaxy would know of the Reaper threat. Sure, Reaper eezo cores are massive compared to Council race Dreadnoughts, but he wasn't moving. And the longer he was there the closer more fleets would come, he could defend against a couple human fleets, not the entire Country collection forces.

Wtf, wasnt your crew ment to be the one scouting out this new frontier? New it would be too hard for them to do

Okay, but what about batarians? Will it have batarians?

indoctrination good, stupidity of ME2 pacing and constantly "oh no looks like we walked into a trap... again" bad. I'm just generally dissatisfied with ME2 in most ways, the only good stuff in ME2 was just the stuff from ME1 that it took until ME3 to fuck up, Whereas ME1 did some things poorly, a few things depend on personal taste, but the majority of meaningful content very well. Strip away the stupid completely unnecessary padding and speed up the early game access to well powered weapons and it would be a very good game indeed.

But nobody believed Shepherd, he was under house arrest for talking about "reapers".
Which goes back to my original complaint, why did nobody believe him, when we are told that the armor kits everyone on his team uses have audio recording devices, and asari can read his mind to get his knowledge?

I have lost all faith in Bioware and EA over the last 3 or 4 years, I don't think they are capable of creating a universe or characters worth experiencing.

I honestly probably wouldn't even play it if it was free.

>brand new
>brand new
>brand new
Why didn't they just create a new IP?

If you look at Agent 47's model his lips are exceedingly tight. This is what I used as reference when I did it.

Seriously, fuck this guy.

>Kids on Sup Forums are gonna keep bitching about not being able to play a blue human. Or a green human. Or the grayish human with mandibles.
Gee, it's like the alien races were all completely pointless, and they should have just made them all humans with different cultures instead.

Watch the trailers, read the plot synopsis. The Andromeda Initiative is to explore, colonize, and exploit the Andromeda galaxy. This expensive and technologically challenging missions is being funded and worked on by a coalition of Council races. Turian, Salarian, Asari, and humans all have Ark ships that will join the Nexus, the control center of the entire initiative. Also there are various stowaways. Contrary to rumors on Sup Forums, these Arks are the first ones to arrive and the only ones. People are saying races from the Milky Way made it there before AI, that's not true. But the races of the Andromeda Galaxy have the technology to create immense gravity wells that could facilitate travel to and from the MWG with barely any time lag.

Brand recognition will sell more copies.

The blue/gray humans for aliens is a reference to old sci-fi shows, where there wasn't budget enough for "different" aliens and it was painted actors with some prosthetic or rubber masks.

I am fine with it, Mass Effect was meant to be Babylon 5 anyway.

the station and the four arks arrive and sit tight while pathfinder ships (i.e. your character) scout for suitable planets

however from what I understand the human ark gets thrown off course and arrives 3 years later than the rest

As awful as ME3 was at least the combat was good.

Andromeda lacks even that, from what it looks like. EA should really bring the hammer down on Bioware like they did with other departments because other shot like Titanfall 2 was actually and improvement over the last game. Bioware is the only one they allow to get progressively worse

GAWDAM BUHTEARYENS

That doesn't really fly in videogames though, where you can just model and animate them however you wish. They're just hacks, notice how all the actually alien looking aliens are never relevant or utilized.

Yes, there were plenty of narrative problems in two and three. It's a real shame.
Cerberus believed him. Dr. Manuel knew. The Batarians knew, but we're indoctrinated. Some of the backers behind the Andromeda Initiative believed him. The ones in the know anyway, the whole mission was hush hush. Jacob tells you this in the beginning of 2. The galaxy at large doesn't really know everything that happened. All they know is a Geth fleet attacked, with Sovereign (a line shio) as their flagship. There are plenty of relics in the Galaxy, that's how Saren's found Sovereign. The Council could have deduced it was an isolated incident.

Make your own game.

>alien looking aliens
I assume you're some sort of expert on what "real" aliens look like?

Is that all you can say, shill?

OC no steal

>can get to the Milky Way instantly
>get to see Shepard & Tali's grandchildren
only thing i care about

>slide edgemeat

Something that looks like more than just a human in a costume.

Are you literally autistic?

user means alien as in "Alien in appearance as compared to the human form". "More alien" meaning less humanoid.

Hanar, for example, are good examples of a creature that's more alien. Stop being a retard and changing the subject or I'll tell my mom

The game needs them to have space ships, use guns, and talk through a voice box to function.
So they will probably be humanoids, since thats the tool user model, need those nimble hands, need the head on top to see far.

If you are set on a humanoid, there isn't much to change but add teeth, hunchbacks, maybe a tail, and color it differently.

>I have lost all faith in Bioware and EA over the last 3 or 4 years

Was DA2 really only 4 years ago?

All the skilled people left Bioware.

This is pure hype.

>But nobody believed Shepherd
I won't try to defend bioware on this as it was probably the worst part of ME2, but at least in the first game they still had cause to blame it on the geth (beings that geth were actually there)
>and asari can read his mind
Well Liara did read his mind, but she was already fully convinced of the reapers anyways and already part of the crew

Is the asari seriously named fucking PeeBee? Please tell me it's a joke.