youtube.com/watch?v=wWuxobSmfpg
youtube.com/watch?v=MxUbgEHP2Qg
youtube.com/watch?v=v_sHKvlyHRg
youtu.be/8NbPnIXg5Cc
crowdstrike.com/blog/bears-midst-intrusion-democratic-national-committee/
threatgeek.com/2016/06/dnc_update.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This isn't /tg/

Also, we tend to only talk about games on this board that have a chance of getting released, that's why there's no HL3 general.

Cyberpunk and Cyberpunk themes can be found in vidya too, user.

Deus Ex is the most relevant example, of course, but there's a few other that can come to mind

Hack you!

I really hope the soundtrack isn't gay shitty meme vaporwave/pertubator shit and is more like Deus Ex/Human revolution/Ghost in the shell

Is there any info about this game?

Will we at least be able to customize our own character?

I assume you mean Cyberpunk 2077.

All the info about this game is from four years ago.

That's the game.

Damn, it's been 4 years since it was announced.

How does it feel that Deux Ex is closer to reality than we imagined? Both in politics and science?

Feels terrifying man.

pretty spooky tbf ham, only thing Deus Ex didn't predict was the powers that be trying to replace white people with some beige offshoot fathered by people from third world nations

Haunting. Especially with the censorship stuff going on.

They've been rumors of a 3rd SAC going on.

Pretty neat. It obviously won't be as good as the first two because Olga is dead

What game is this dude tying to shill?

Are you braindead?

how bout the fact that metal gear solid 2 predicted our current situation

>you will never play an RPG where hackers and the government are trying to access your thoughts and memories at any chance they get
>you will never be forced to encrypt your brainwaves to protect your privacy

It hurts to live.

Haven't you heard user? Its you fucking idiot we're just talking about cyberpunk jesus fuck we had a thread about this few days ago

>tfw no Soros sim
I just want a game where i can do Illuminati shit

I remember seeing a "chat room" where you would get random posts from random people, The site looked pretty 90s, Anyone have any idea?

>cyberpunk games finally making a comeback
Oh yes.

Was the technomancer good? It looks pretty good.

I've seen it compared to Witcher 2, is the writing on the same level?

>tfw even modern games will start resembling cyberpunk soon enougha

Cyberpunk is literally the highest tier of genre fiction

Which is funny, since literally every other "punk" is shit-tier

Eh....

>This isn't /tg/
A damn shame, isn't it?

Yup

This is steampunk senpai, great game tho. Rise of Legends was so good, except the story was hard to follow..

How long will we get decks with VR?

>he isn't currently jacked into his Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 to virtually shitpost

so cooking threads are fair game too?

rate my game

Cooking games are a thing user

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=wWuxobSmfpg

Whenever I go to /tg/ I feel like they're too reasonable and it makes me angry to be honest.

>Could have gotten a 3rd SAC a long time ago
>They gave us Arise instead
>Shitty character designs, shitty stories, shitty animation
>Origa is dead so no sweet as fuck OP either

It hurts.

we have vr backpacks

I really hate how meme vaporwave has been associated with cyberpunk, it's so shit compared to what's actually in cyberpunk media.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=MxUbgEHP2Qg

I'm just as offended as you.

The other user posted Synthwave, which is vastly superior to Cyberpunk dogshit. Cyberpunk is probably the most bottom-barrel futurism genre that you can manage.

kill yourself

I will if you can show me one piece of Cyberpunk media that doesn't have gritty overdesigned characters/buildings or doesn't feature some embarrassingly overdone commentary about capitalism or the government.

Cyberpunk is futurism for neckbeards.

Is Dex worth playing? User reviews praise it and it looks nice in still shots but the gameplay and animations feel like clunky low budget shit. The glimpse I got of the writing doesn't look promising either.

it's synthwave
>comparing music genre to a setting

The whole deal about science fiction is that it's usually based around social and political commentaries.

You don't understand cyberpunk, you're also fucking stupid.

Settings have spawned from the music genre. Games have been based around the Synthwave aesthetic, and so have a couple of movies iirc.

Although most of it is nearly indistinguishable from Retrofuture or what some people call "neonpunk", but the point is that all of it is better than Cyberpunk.

Name a single "synthwave" movie or game that is even close to as good as Bladerunner or Ghost in the shell.

This is true, but Cyberpunk features the exact same commentaries almost every time. It's pretentious, hamfisted and boring.

Not an argument.

>babby's first cult follower
sad

Blade Runner
Neuromancer
Snow Crash

>This is true, but Cyberpunk features the exact same commentaries almost every time. It's pretentious, hamfisted and boring.
Name a few of these "exact same commentaries".

> 2077

I hope to god they'll show something at e3 this year. I swear Winds of Winter will come out before they show anymore of that game.

Cyberpunk is is a cool aesthetic but usually has faggot commie themes, Cyberfascism when? I wanna cyberstomp some fucking cyberkikes

>Settings have spawned from the music genre. Games have been based around the Synthwave aesthetic, and so have a couple of movies iirc.
Synthwave aesthetic is 50% 80's logos (here's where neon part comes from) and 50% VHS movie throwbacks, i wouldn't call these things spawned by Synthwave, it's the other way around, they just got a revival thanks to synthwave

>Cyberpunk has commentary on topics that are apropos to today
wow, who the fuck would have thought.

>unironically believing in fascism or communism
I shiggity diggity.

Still waiting

>four years ago

No fucking way.

I'm gonna go watch the trailer again, just to be sad.

Shit music desu.

It's fun, faggot. Cyberpunk usually has left-wing anarchist themes. I wanna cave some street rat skulls in with a cyberbaton and genocide planets.

That trailer is STILL good.

It won't be long now...E3 2017 for sure right?

Ha ha haa

Judge dredd vs death (pc) is what you want.

ty user I will check it out

Reminder that any work created after the early 90s will not capture the cyberpunk feeling right because in the meantime it already happened only it looks completely different.

That's dumb.

I can't read the word "cyberpunk" without thinking of ANYONE ANYTHING ANYONE ANYTHING mixed with dubstep youtube.com/watch?v=v_sHKvlyHRg

I think there's an NPC who comments on Europe.

>U.S. are blaming Russian hackers for the election outcome
>hacking a nation's fucking presidential election

Of course it's bs but isn't that cyberpunk af?

Desperate as fuck to make people forget about Seth Rich aren't they?

>Of course it's bs
They definitely at least tried to hack the RNC and DNC, but how much they actually affected it is overblown.

Dieselpunk is pretty alright.

>literally zero evidence of Russian interference
>all that happened was MSM making Fake News™ and the CIA just saying that DA RUSHINS did it with zero specifics (of course the CIA has never lied about anything before in its history, they are very trustworthy)
>normalfags eat that shit up without a second thought
Normie genocide when?

PERSONAL
RESPONSIBILITY

still great almost four years later

The Witcher 3 came out four years after The Witcher 2 - so I'm kind of worried, but kind of not. Couple reasons.
>The trailer was for recruiting people to work on the game. Development had literally not even begun past the pre-concept stages.
>TW3 was probably already in development before TW2 even released.
>It's the third game in a trilogy, so there's more existing material to work with, and therefore, less work that needs to be done

CDPR isn't incompetent by any measure. Hell, I'm sure we'll get some news next year. Even if the trailer was just recruiting people for the project, they've had four years to create *something*.

If we pass the five year mark without even some kind of promotional art, I'm calling vaporware. That's half the time TLG and XV took to come out.

After Prey 2, I don't know if my heart can take it

>this misunderstanding

Russia hacked the DNC/RNC. They leaked the DNC info. This probably didn't have as much of an effect on voters as people might have thought (I mean, who the fuck was undecided at that point in time) but it was still a blatant effort to slide the election in a direction which actually ended up occurring. People aren't saying that the DNC leaks lost Hillary the election. In my opinion, Hillary lost Hillary the election. But yeah, it's pretty cyberpunk.

One of these days I want to put together a compilation album of all the best cyberpunk music from vidya.

>Russia hacked the DNC/RNC. They leaked the DNC info.
There is no evidence of this. At all.

It's horrible. It's boring and buggy as hell.

>They leaked the DNC info
Seth Rich is FAR more likely to have been the one to have done this.

Holy shit I've been looking for this video for ages, thanks

It's great if you don't expect fucking Witcher 2
It's basically Mars War Logs but with the improvements from Bound by Flame

That's pretty cyberpunk itself

>national intelligence agencies with differing loyalties
>some are completely corrupt
>MSM has no credibility at all, just like Picus Media from deus ex
>tfw Picus Media is probably more truthful than real world news and it's got an AI waifu too

Good job providing zero proof of the opposite.

>but it was still a blatant effort to slide the election in a direction which actually ended up occurring.
Let's say that it's true that the Kremlin directed cyberattacks to influence the US election. EVEN IF that's true, it's still probably for the better because a Hillary presidency was basically a guarantee that there would be military conflict with Russian forces. She openly stated that she would treat any cyber attacks just like a regular act of war. Combine that with her insistence that Russia was hacking everything including her fridge at home and you've got a major presidential candidate openly stating she will initiate military conflict with a very, very significant foreign power.

Jesus fucking Christ, can we not do this?

See, THAT could actually be interesting. The limp wristed anarchocommunist faggots who write Cyberpunk fiction aren't interesting.

I said there was no evidence because I was hoping somebody in the thread would try to prove me wrong because I'm interested in seeing evidence if there is some. However, no such evidence exists, which is why he responded with, essentially, "no u."

You haven't played/watched the Deus Ex games or GitS and SAC

It's a best guess corroborated by independent and government-sourced experts.

If it's not Russia, it's somebody trying to make it look like Russia.

Actually, the best guess is that the opposite of what you claim happened
this is what happens if you don't have a source fuckboy

Wasn't the plot of Neotokyo basically a super secret military group going rogue and a civilian police group being raised to fight them in the shadows?

Rogue elements and different loyalties in military and government is a theme that has been explored before I'm sure, setting itself varies though. Jin-roh did it, they just set it in an alt history.

Dieselpunk is almost as bad as steampunk

>Human Revolution
Please no.

Dude Sex 1/GitS would be great, but I dunno if it'd fit with what they're going for.

I thought Psycho-Pass had a great soundtrack, though.

youtu.be/8NbPnIXg5Cc

crowdstrike.com/blog/bears-midst-intrusion-democratic-national-committee/
threatgeek.com/2016/06/dnc_update.html
I'm gonna trust the cybersecurity experts on this one, and not the anonymous shitposters on a thai cave painting discussion forum.

Obviously, we can't say with 100% certainty, but there's little evidence otherwise.

Also, why the hell is Trump trying to get cozy with Russia, but reject China? Has he not payed any attention to what's happened between them the last few years?

At that level and with the things at stake, there's absolutely no reason to believe anyone has any reason to deliver an easily swallowed package of actual truth to people who want to know what's going on.

To keep it Sup Forums related, it's like the sort of reasoning any cyberpunk villain would have.

>Does it benefit them?
>Can they get away with it?

It being lies or being wrong to do doesn't cross their mind for a second.

But that doesn't really make any sense. The only reason the Kremlin would have done something like that is because they are trying to maintain a world without the two biggest nuclear armed forces going into open warfare. Hell, if the Kremlin did do it, they should be commended. Right after US cybersecurity is beefed the fuck up, of course. But, as it stands, it is much, much more like that Seth Rich leaked it and then oh, look at that, he was murdered in a "robbery" in which nothing was stolen.

>I'm gonna trust the cybersecurity experts on this one
Why? Why do you believe they aren't lying?

>Trump trying to get cozy with Russia
What, by not starting a fucking war with them? That's what you call "getting cozy"? What do you think the appropriate relations would be? Bombing them?